[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can /pol/ say about death penalties? Are they necessary?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Florida_electric-chair.jpg (228KB, 1134x1758px) Image search: [Google]
Florida_electric-chair.jpg
228KB, 1134x1758px
What can /pol/ say about death penalties?

Are they necessary?
Do they cost much?
What are some good sites to read from that are unbiased in the matter? deathpenaltyinfoDOTorg seems ok, but i see nothing but anti-capital punishment rhetoric.
>>
>Are they necessary?
Of course not. Necessary are things like breathing, drinking water, etc. I personally think that death penalty would be an OK form of punishment.

>Do they cost much?
They do, unless you change the laws so that there is minimum amount of bureaucracy.
>>
File: 1498600263386.jpg (212KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498600263386.jpg
212KB, 960x960px
>>
A single bullet to the back of the head. Nice and Cheap like.
>>
>>131779923
Absolutely right. But some proponents would argue that removing a plague from society would also be a necessary action, wouldn't it?

Is any of that bureaucracy in place to effectively help the inmate in question get out of death penulty?
>>
>>131780169
Utah and Oklahoma have firing squads available, firing squads are the one death peanlty option that have never been botched
>>
This should be compulsory for all psychopaths, criminals or not.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170629-132742.png (218KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170629-132742.png
218KB, 1440x2560px
>>131780938
>he would shock Jesus
>>
>>131780796
I still dont get why they chose to shoot the heart and not the head.

>>131780169
How much wouldve that cost besides incaceration? .04 cents a bullet? 500$ gun?
>>
They only "cost" a lot because of the armies of bleeding heart liberal lawyers fighting against it.
>>
File: grabajava.jpg (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
grabajava.jpg
58KB, 480x480px
>>131779946
>>
Why are there no pro-death penalty websites?
>>
>>131781519
Because there are no government funded NGO to defend it.
>>
>>131781519
Anyone intelligent enough to make a website is intelligent enough to realize "Just shoot anyone found guilty" isn't a very good idea.
>>
>>131778482
They should be mandatory for pretty much every violent crime. There's hundreds of millions of people in the US, we can afford to lose the ones who throw their lives away by destroying the social contract.

And for those that are yelling about the price, just fucking shoot them in the head. Criminal rights are some of the dumbest ideas we've ever had. After you're convicted, maybe get one appeal with a different jury if there are hazy circumstances, then just take them out back and shoot them.

This is coming from someone who was arrested for something he didn't do, mind you. The prison system is not reforming anyone violent.
>>
>>131781126
I would imagine just so there is less clean up. A shot to the heart would absord more shock since its held in by the strength of the persons ripcage. A shot to the head has more potential to cause blood to splatter around. As well as that, a shot to the heart would stop blood flow around the body whereas a shot to the brain gives the chance they might just be left with brain damage instead of a lawful execution
>>
>>131784156
If you put a shotgun up to the back of someone's head - maybe like a foot away - and pull the trigger, yeah their brains will splatter, like everywhere, but they will be dead. If you have two or three men with pistols even, close by shooting all at once into the nack of the skull from a relatively close distance, it will have a similar effect. Hell you could have a robot do it in a suicide booth like fashion.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.