[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the FUCK are we still in debt? why can't we just print

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Libertarian Flag.png (119KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Libertarian Flag.png
119KB, 1200x800px
How the FUCK are we still in debt? why can't we just print more money. This country is fucking retarded. Explain why we cant do that.
>>
We don't have enough paper
>>
>>131754407
we'd have to print a lot of fucking money
>>
Muh inflation
>>
>>131754477
That's why we need to stop cutting down trees!
>>
First step to becoming a communist retard achieved
>>
>>131754407
is this bait or are you a fucking retard?
>>
Republicans own the money factories
Trickle down economics..... pfft..........
>>
>>131754407
Pretty sure we owe back *all* the money plus interest cuz that's how the Federal Reserve works but I'm just a hungover burger puking into his toilet on a Thursday morning so don't listen to me
>>
>>131754586
I'm being serious. Why wouldn't this work.
>>
>>131754661
The government prints all the money in the world
>>
>>131754687
Germany tried it after world war 1. A wheel barrow full of cash bought a loaf of bread. I'm not going to bully you friend, this is either bait or some form of retardation maybe both.
>>
>>131755075
That doesn't make any sense retard why cant we just print more money so i can have more money
>>
>>131754686
No that's how bonds work. The banks have to pay the interest to the fed and its profits go to the treasury.

>>131754407
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation
>>
>>131754687
Inflation. If the supply of money increased but the quantity of goods/services doesn't then all that happens is the money loses value. Money is basically just tickets you use to redeem for things. Lets say it works out in the market that a dollar buys a hamburger decided by how much people want hamburgers and how much hamburger sellers are willing to sell them for. You have a dollar and buy a hamburger. Now lets say over time the money supply increases due to government spending and "printing" money, etc. What happens is eventually on average everyone has more dollars in their pocket. So now you have two dollars. You go to the hamburger merchant and buy two hamburgers for two dollars. As more people do this his stock gets wiped out (assuming the quantity of goods/services in the country has not changed). In order to stay in business and maintain his real revenue the burger merchant has to increase his prices. What happens then is the lettuce producers raise their prices, the bread makers raise their prices and others since what happens to the burger man happens to them too. This happens nation wide and prices increase as a result. With the price increase people demand higher wages to make up for this and it becomes a cycle. Inflation isn't inherently bad but creating money can be abused, it's an indirect form of taxation. When the government prints money to pay for something, you pay for it because your own money is devalued.
>>
>>131754407
>>131754570
>>131754687
>>131754956
>>131755194

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic
>>
>>131754687
You must be 13 or something.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.