[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so my alma mater decided to 'update' the logo because

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: UNLV.jpg (168KB, 750x792px) Image search: [Google]
UNLV.jpg
168KB, 750x792px
so my alma mater decided to 'update' the logo because the old had a fucking white male.

>MOUNTAINS
>CHIN
>(((NOSE)))

is this worth $50k and 1 year of development?
>>
So this is where my 3k tuition went.

t. UNLV student
>>
desu I really like the new one, but if "white male" was the reason to replace the old one someone needs fired
>>
>>131727693
>literal star of ishtar on the left

jesus
>>
>>131729095
need a quick rundown on star of ishtar
>>
If it's private donations who cares
>>
File: bog.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bog.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>131729287

The less you know, the better off you will be.
>>
>>131729287

https://youtu.be/zC0UUl1QgQ0?t=477
>>
Looks like a decapitated fedora tipper on folded towel
>>
Ofc Unlv pulls this shit. It was only a day ago that there was some unlv faculty member telling us we need to have sex with the earth to stop global warming.
>>
Is UNLV good for anything other than hotel management?

>t. ute
>>
File: IMG_0643.jpg (44KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0643.jpg
44KB, 300x225px
>>131729095
>>131729287
It's supposed to represent the sign
>>
the logo was developed by Adrenalin: The Brand Expansion Team located in Denver. I just wanted to see the faces that made that clipart.

https://www.goadrenalin.com/about/
>>
>>131727693
New logo looks like a blob of shit. No wonder they need to point out what shit it's made of. Old one looks cool though, very American too.
>>
>>131730335
>>131731107
Yeah, I'd ask for a full refund. jesus, $50k and a whole year and that's what they came up with? what the fuck
>>
>>131727693
>a year and 50 grand to come up with this piece of shit
You'll find a better logo on /sp/ after 3 hours.
>>
File: Outlaws_600x400.jpg.png (248KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Outlaws_600x400.jpg.png
248KB, 1200x1000px
same company also made the new Denver Outlaws logo in the same color scheme, although i like this one.

if you look at their catalog, they've done some big stuff. UNLV seems the worst
>>
File: 3289186_b90cdd9a_m.jpg (12KB, 400x209px) Image search: [Google]
3289186_b90cdd9a_m.jpg
12KB, 400x209px
cool logo how many nattys have you won
>>
>>131727693
>because the old had a fucking white male
It's still the same guy, stop it with this click bait shit.
>>
>>131729095
No, not Jesus
>>
File: sports.png (10KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
sports.png
10KB, 246x205px
>the Denver Cutthroats are my favorite sports team

Look at that fucking fish he's furious
>>
>>131727693
>is this worth $50k and 1 year of development?

We do better than that hundreds of times a day for the sake of a laugh.
>>
>>131729287
It's the meteor sent to krynn by the gods to punish everyone for their transgressions and crimes and is what created the eastern sea and the maelstrom at its centre.
>>
I'm a logo designer and I can tell you something like that could take over a month to design. It seems simple, but only because you see the "final solution". They should have charged max $5,000 but, because it's a school, they figured might as well add an extra zero.

If anyone can make a logo of that quality "in an hour" you could easily make over $100,000 a year drawing circles and rectangles.
>>
File: ishtar.jpg (211KB, 486x720px) Image search: [Google]
ishtar.jpg
211KB, 486x720px
ok, this works -

The Star of Ishtar is noticed in new logo by people. I look up who designed it, it's a Nigerian lady named Peju Alawusa.

Keep poking around, Ishtar is also several Nigerian Gods, including Ani the mother of the Igbos who is still celebrated today in Nigeria. Both use the same signs and the Star

So a Nigerian art director from England but living in the US decided to put Igbos Star into a logo for UNLV only for people to think it was Ishtars Star, thousands of years after all these things were written.
>>
>>131731663
Then why did they spend 50k to make it shit?
>>
lol wut the fuck is that new thing? the old running reb is just fine. i'm a bruin. we aren't letting our (((qb))) go to pac12 media day because he has a massive sinus infection...
>>
also: your las vegas major was a fucking old kike, and then passed the baton to his fat old kike wife. so you've had two jews for your mayor for the last 30 years. wooooooo yaaaaa.
>>
It's a bit too abstract.

It sucks donkey balls too.
>>
Best sports logo EVER.

Toledo Hornets
>>
>>131734409
looks like the helmets they give kids with misshapen skulls
>>
>>131734409

ocdb
>>
>>131727851
>private donations

I take it you're not an english major.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.