[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>HMS Queen Elizabeth is 'running outdated Windows XP

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

>HMS Queen Elizabeth is 'running outdated Windows XP', raising cyber attack fears

BEHOLD THE MIGHT OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/27/hms-queen-elizabeth-running-outdated-windows-xp-software-raising/
>>
>>131646300

my gf asked me to explain why britain needs the QE, since they have no military or economy to speak of and they just do whatever we tell them to...and we already have 12 carriers

can anyone help me out here?
>>
>>131646425
Appeasing old military geezers who still think they're relevant
>>
>>131646425
Because:
>r-rule britannia ~~~
All the men died at the Somme. It's been down hill ever since. British people just don't want to admit to themselves.
>>
>>131646300
Is it connected to internet?
>>
File: BEHOLD.jpg (42KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
BEHOLD.jpg
42KB, 590x350px
>>
>>131646300

Hey now, XP was a solid OS and worthy successor to Win2k.
>>
>>131646425
Because the UK is an island nation and a carrier allows us to project our military force globally?

See; The Falklands Conflict

>>131646300
fake news
>>
why the ramp tho
if it's their only carrier why not make it with a catapult
>>
>>131646300
I used to work in the MoD. All of our computer defence infrastucture runs on Windows XP. There are two reasons the transition to newer versions isn't made.
1. Cost
2. It has been around so long that its workings known very well and can be defended exceptionally well.

It is not invincible to attack, but it is better than any newer model of windows at the moment. Only people who say it is a weakness to still use XP don't know what they are talking about.
>>
>>131647022
>Because the UK is an island nation and a carrier allows us to project our military force globally?

you only have 12 carrier aircraft on order

>See; The Falklands Conflict

lol
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.