[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The judicial system in all countries need an overhaul. Personally.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1490028121032.jpg (372KB, 1400x931px) Image search: [Google]
1490028121032.jpg
372KB, 1400x931px
The judicial system in all countries need an overhaul.

Personally. I think that it is unfair to see both the prosecution and the defense parties.

Let me explain.

Imagine you are being charged with assault. You just happen to look like a biker 6 foot 4 and tattoes. Weird hair cut. Your "accuser" is a 5 foot tall 19 yo blond girl, very tiny almost child looking. And of course, they make sure shes' dressed like she's 14.

This way of dressing the accuser is to sway the jury to find YOU guilty. Your story is irrelevant. your testimony is irrelevant, and the truth is irrelevant.

It now becomes a HUGE burden on you. To prove your not guilty. Instead of the other way around, where she would have to prove your guilty.

My opinion is. Both should never be seen. Not you, the defendant, nor her the complainant.

Now, the only thing a jury hears is your testimony. There is no judgment on how you look. Or how she looks.

They simply must go on the facts and nothing else.

IF we are going to have a legal system that can take away your freedoms for many years.

Shouldn't it be as fair as possible?

I had this conversation with a judge and he disagreed. His answer "i need to see the persons face to see if they are lying or not"

My rebuttle to him "but you do not know him or her at all. So how can you be sure the facial expression your seeing is of a lie or truth". "isnt' the facts of the case more important, along with the witness testimony, than trying to determine if a stranger is lying or telling the truth by facial expressions you cannot really go by, since you do not know this person".

he didn't recant but it made him pause and think.

what say you, brainiacs of /pol/
>>
>>131631433
is this question to cerebral for pol?
>>
Sure, it's more fair if you put it that way, but a judge is more likely to sentence you milder if he sees that you show remorse. At least if it's only a small crime.
>>
>>131631433
So in order to have any proceeding you would need to submit written testimony? Every time the judge or jury wants to ask a question they have to wait for you and your lawyer? What if you're called up as a witness? What if the accuser is? Body language isn't all that cryptic btw. You can frequently tell if someone is lying without knowing them. The time taken for proceedings gives the judge enough face time to pick up on mannerisms. Sounds like your proposed plan is alright in theory but logistically and realistically not feasible without drastically expanding the justice department.which will never happen
>>
>>131634608
>>131631433
the only thing this would turn into is zero-tolerance and higher conviction rates for everyone as it takes the human element out of the equation.

the thing that would fix your complaint is a strict dresscode. body language is important to a judge, and s/he can see through the crocodile tears of a floosy just as much as he could see 6'4" biker guy might have something to prove innocence.
>>
>>131631433

ok

so basically what you're saying here is that anonymous strangers should be able to accuse you of anything they want without actually being forced to confront you or present evidence or anything, even though you theoretically know one another since one of you committed a crime that affected the other

sounds like a great plan and not just an autism fit that you had 30 seconds before you wrote this trash
>>
>>131635242
no, there would be a booth, surrounding the witness stand. You the witness, the judge nor the lawyers can see who is on the witness stand. Only the bailiff, as he would let you in the booth.
>>
>>131636038
what are you talking about idiot?

IF someone you know accuses you of something. You know who they are

That's not the whole point of this suggestion

The idea that, justice is blind. Or do you not see lady justice with a blind fold on.

well, this just makes my point.

and for the poster who said you can tell mannerisms. BULLSHIT. I was speaking with a lawyer friend and he had recently been througha case where his client was shy and timid and when questioned always looked guilty. Acted guilty when being questioned, even with stuff you knew was true. Because he was very timid.

Now....guy like that deserves to go to prison, because you think you can "Read" his body language

My idea has merit
>>
>>131631433
fuck off with your reddit spacing
>>
>>131637339
how bout you just fuck off

oh right. You probably don't have a real job. Well you call it reddit spacing.

I call it, spacing due to me being a working professional in a management position who writes alot of emails.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.