[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that if you haven't read "Fate of Empires

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: f3b1ce2f256c80296fe53885b5847898.jpg (534KB, 900x3190px) Image search: [Google]
f3b1ce2f256c80296fe53885b5847898.jpg
534KB, 900x3190px
Reminder that if you haven't read "Fate of Empires" you don't belong on /pol/

http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf

Hard times create strong men
Strong men create good times
Good times create weak men
Weak men create hard times
>>
I've read it. I don't know where I stand as an 18 year old who has grown up through the crisis' of the 2000's. Am I or will I be a strong man as a result of this? Will my generation be strong? It seems as though Im entirely surrounded by weak men.
>>
>>131581151

>Am I or will I be a strong man as a result of this?

It's not just the crises of the 2000. it's the fractures and friction caused by a society disintegrating. that's part of it. another part is war is coming, soon.

>Will my generation be strong? It seems as though Im entirely surrounded by weak men.

Our generation is strong, but there's a lot of weakness too. the generation will be defined by the survivors of the war
>>
>>131581806
I think the 2000's differs somewhat from previous generations, because the experiences of the whole generation have been both that of extreme wealth and a cushy life style for many and for others it has been one blow after another, one crisis after another.

I agree that war is coming. I've done what I can to prepare myself for it, I'd gladly take up arms to defend my country, and the countries of our allies.

I cannot say the same of a lot of men my age though.

I worry about the ability of many men to survive a war because they are so weak and because the few strong men we have now are having to carrying the weight of all others in western society not strong enough to be useful.
>>
>>131582526

>because the experiences of the whole generation have been both that of extreme wealth and a cushy life style for many and for others it has been one blow after another, one crisis after another

reminds me of the roaring '20s followed by the Great Depression, followed by WW2

>I agree that war is coming. I've done what I can to prepare myself for it, I'd gladly take up arms to defend my country, and the countries of our allies.

I'm not talking about civil war, tho it may come to that too. I'm talking about ww3.

>because the few strong men we have now are having to carrying the weight of all others in western society not strong enough to be useful.

true and that's how the war will be fought too. we have weapons in space. there are AI weapons. think about a time you've played a video game and somebody was using a bot to cheat. that's how it will be fought, only the AI will be better, faster, with more powerful weapons. there's also biowarfare, etc.

>He said: “This is like earthquakes, you should think in order of magnitudes. If you can kill 10 people that’s a one, 100 people that’s a two... Bioterrorism is the thing that can give you not just sixes, but sevens, eights and nines.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/17/biological-terrorism-could-kill-people-nuclear-attacks-bill

>nines

that's billions of people

fear instinct is fight or flight. we may have to fight here or there and it's good to be prepared for that. but ultimately we will have to seek shelter. rocks will melt

>two secret Soviet programs, "Mercury" and "Volcano", aimed at developing a "tectonic weapon" that could set off earthquakes from great distance

>US Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen, said..."Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tectonic_weapon#Reports

>>131114300
>>131114315

>>131114367
>>
>>131581151
Notice that the same rocky outcropping is in every painting.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.