[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /pol/'s opinion on appropriating Alinsky tactics,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: rules_for_radicals.png (129KB, 240x368px) Image search: [Google]
rules_for_radicals.png
129KB, 240x368px
What's /pol/'s opinion on appropriating Alinsky tactics, particularly using an enemy's rules against them? While I think they're useful, it seems like most institutions can ignore them and not face significant consequences. Legal-wise, these tactics seem to work much better, but that's only true when the person using them has Peter Thiel money. What are your thoughts?
>>
>>131571006
You absolutely have to know the enemy's playbook.

Implementing it has its time and its place. The key is to use it as a tool, not as a doctrine.
>>
>>131573615
What does the right time and place look like, in your opinion? And should it matter more in a legal or social sense?
>>
>>131571006
the book is literally just saying be a nuisance instead of being violent
>>
>>131574914
I think it really only matters in a moral sense. All's fair in love and war, as they say. So if the opportunity comes up to make good tactical use of those techniques to achieve a particular objective, then that's fair game.

Kind of like how sometimes it's legit to help spread a rumor that you don't believe just for its effect.
>>
>>131573615
worked for hillary right? i mean she was his magnum opus, his protege, his mona lisa
>>
>>131571006
I've thought about it.

It's hard for conservatives to use the means in the book, because they generally do not believe the end justifies the means.
>>
If you're playing by your enemies rules, they've already beaten you.
>>
File: trudeau canada should be nuked.png (2MB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
trudeau canada should be nuked.png
2MB, 720x960px
>>131576192
>>
>>131576378
>reacting to meme triggers automatically
the goyim really are a slave race
>>
>>131575972
>It's hard for conservatives to use the means in the book, because they generally do not believe the end justifies the means.

I'm not a conservative, but I have to disagree entirely with that, they clearly know how to play the game.
>>
File: call him a leaf.jpg (281KB, 620x693px) Image search: [Google]
call him a leaf.jpg
281KB, 620x693px
>>131576592
Holy shit, you really ARE a leaf!
>>
I can never take this cover seriously because they use that fucking Sponge Bob font.
>>
read this article
absolute must

jacobitemag.com/2017/06/14/political-violence-is-a-game-the-right-cant-win/

cantwell even talked about it recently on podcast AND in his speech
>>
File: EzraPound.jpg (7KB, 200x247px) Image search: [Google]
EzraPound.jpg
7KB, 200x247px
>>131571006
>trying to out-Jew the Jew

The only way to beat the Jew is to BEAT the Jew.
>>
>>131574914
>what's the right time/place
I dunno but I routinely tell leftist fucks to stop being bigoted and racist against me every time I say something bigoted and racist.
t. Mulatto
>>
>>131577249
No, he's right. If you make a field of battle favourable to your enemy, you've given him an advantage.
>>
You would be a fool to not use it against them.
>>
>>131578699
Then are we...
1. abandoning our moral code unto eachother?
or
2. paying unto others as they have done to us?
>>
>>131579101
We are keeping our moral code and not abandoning it as a trade to use our enemies' tactics.
>>
>>131571006
>it seems like most institutions can ignore them and not face significant consequences
Seems is the key word. Anyone who has reached a certain level has done so by ways in which others could not concieve, let alone track. They are just in a position that they can never be caught, now that their assets reach as far as they do and have been through so many layers of laundering.
>>
>>131575572
nice try CNN
but i'm on to you
>>
>>131579101
Keeping the moral code. The tricks only work if you want them to.

Take the Bowden path and just sweep it aside.
>>
>>131579589
I ain't no CNN, bitch. I'm just not above playing dirty if the situation calls for it.
>>
>>131571006
Is that SpongeBob font on the cover?
>>
>>131579841
spoken like true a self righteous, fake news purveyor
>>
>>131580547
I find the truth to be much more effective in general. But if, say, something like comet pizza comes along when the energy is high and the memes are making themselves at just the point when the soft coup needs to whack the neocons at the last minute, you can count on me to meme it hard for hours on end.

Besides, rampant child sex slavery is a real thing, even if maybe it's not happening in the basement of a pizza parlor. If that's what it takes to rabble rouse until we start seeing people strung up by the balls in the public square, so be it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.