[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your guys' opinion on the Roman Republic? Should

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: download (7).jpg (10KB, 287x176px)
download (7).jpg
10KB, 287x176px
What is your guys' opinion on the Roman Republic? Should we bring it back? Should we let people vote on what happens directly and if we get to a state of crisis country enters dictatorship mode?
>>
>>131544234
>Should we let people vote on what happens directly

more like

>should we let a council of hereditary oligarchs vote two of their number into power under the oversight of a self selected censor, unless something really bad happens in which case we appoint a dictator from among their number, unless something bad happens that affects the poor, in which case we give a lesser house the powers of the mob through tribunal representatives that may call for their own dictator, and then give the winners of these machinations professional armies and tell them to be virtuous in their exercise of arms and trust to the gods that everything will work out ok.

Naw
>>
>>131544682
You forget that while there was an oligarchy esque senate, there was also the assemblies. In particular, the comitia was an assembly of the citizens to vote on enacting laws. Of course later on the assemblies were made obsolete as the empire drew near, but the early roman republic was the prime time of rome.
>>
>>131545545
I agree if we are talking early Livy, but everything from the first punic war was a political shitshow that was borne by force of arms, and x2 that post gracchi
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.