[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>atheists unironically believe this Why are people against

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 76

File: C-__7RVXYAA4IWs.jpg (41KB, 746x600px) Image search: [Google]
C-__7RVXYAA4IWs.jpg
41KB, 746x600px
>atheists unironically believe this

Why are people against institutional lies like homosexuality and feminism but are so adamantly accepting of evolution? Why would you trust these people when they tell you WE WUZ APES N SHEEEIT if you don't believe them when they tell you that homosexuality is perfectly healthy/natural, or that transgenderism is normal?

seriously, take off the blinders and look at it. Do you honestly believe that every living thing on Earth is descended from some bacteria that came into being from nothing?
>>
File: 1498501031909.jpg (72KB, 746x853px) Image search: [Google]
1498501031909.jpg
72KB, 746x853px
>>
You might not like it evolution and Darwinism is everywhere and is almost always applicable. It's the reason people who live in the Sahara desert are dark and people who live in Scandinavia aren't.
>>
File: Fuckin' Dinosaur.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckin' Dinosaur.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>131540900
>>
File: strawman.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
strawman.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>131540900
youre using a strawman.

Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.[1][2] Evolutionary processes give rise to biodiversity at every level of biological organisation, including the levels of species, individual organisms, and molecules.

these changes happen over millions of years thats the reason why we can tell apart races.
>>
>>131542336
>millions of years

So in other words, it's not observable and therefore does not adhere to the scientific method
>>
>>131542493

We observe microevolution all the time. Macroevolution is just years and years of microevolution.
>>
>>131542493
Is creationism observable?
>>
>>131542493
>So in other words, it's not observable and therefore does not adhere to the scientific method

it is observible microevolution like metomorpisis and we can trace the comon ancestors from other species to their current counterparts.
>>
>>131540900
Thank you for confirming me views of religion.
>>
atheists are dumb. dont waste time with htem
>>
>>131540900
it's actually these antrhax-like bugs that can effectively hibernate for millions of years in space. evolution doesn't preclude God.
>>
>>131542493
We've reverse engineered chicken in a lab to show their prior traits in evolution;

These include sharp teeth, scales, claws and different pupils.
>>
File: 1498499588614m.jpg (128KB, 602x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498499588614m.jpg
128KB, 602x1024px
>I deny something that has tangible proof because it btfo's my skykike narrative(which to this day has never presented any tangible proof of what it says and all of it's supposed historical evidence is consistently proven to be a joke)
You larping cunts think you'll win but you won't, we btfo you faggots in /new/ just like we kicked out the red scum and we'll fucking do it again just like we are /sg/
>>
>>131544368
do you have a citation for that claim?
>>
>>131540900

>I don't believe in European science because this Jewish creation myth from the iron age told me different

>>131541696

I unironically look like that guy on the right, just blond.
>>
>>131543899
No dumber than religious people. Seriously you all believe in these religions just because they're there and popular.
>>
>>131540900
What is this image even trying to convey? Needs a lil touch up to be compelling as both bait and an argument.
>>
File: 1498504138378.jpg (45KB, 746x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498504138378.jpg
45KB, 746x600px
>>131544909
>>
>>131542954
>>131543180

>Macroevolution is just years and years of microevolution.

yeah, because bears having different colors of fur is the same thing as microbes turning into animals turning into man

why are fedoracucks so gullible?
>>
File: bempo-mad.jpg (69KB, 672x442px) Image search: [Google]
bempo-mad.jpg
69KB, 672x442px
i guess today is forced meme day
>>
>>131540900
When I was a little kid I was told hastily what so-called "evolution" was, and what I imagined for years was a monkey magically turning into a human.

This is what I think a lot of religious people still think evolution is. I don't hate religion, or religious people, but evolution and religion aren't mutually exclusive. Look up evolutionary creationism.
>>
>>131540900
As opposed to a guy magically making everything out of nothing?
>>
>>131546172
>monkey magically turning into a human.

that is a misrepresentation, yes, but it's not far off from what evolution theory implies.

It does imply that humans descended from an ape-like ancestor

The very reason I reject evolution is because I understand it.
>>
>>131544830
Just google "chicken dinosaur".

http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-grown-dinosaur-legs-on-a-chicken-for-the-first-time

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150512-bird-grows-face-of-dinosaur
>>
>>131546819
So, what you're telling me is, if kids with rare genetic defects, like lets say that spotted skin disease, were considered the hottest people in the world, and everyone wanted their babies, that a larger population of spotted skin people would not be born?

Then they start breeding with each other, and interbreeding with others, and eventually MOST people have spotted skin.

That is what evolution is, small defects selected by nature, becoming more and more common. So if something makes you live longer, or have more sex, that thing will likely become more common. Why does that sound impossible to you?
>>
>>131547203
There's no point arguing m8. They'll accept it when they're ready or not. Evidence is everywhere.
>>
File: neekerikulttuuri.png (20KB, 296x295px) Image search: [Google]
neekerikulttuuri.png
20KB, 296x295px
>>131545278
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SMALL CHANGES DO NOT ACCUMULATE OVER MILLIONS OF YEARS
>>
>>131545278
Small changes happening frequently over a long period of time could eventually lead to larger permanent changes based on the circumstances. It's such a simple concept that they teach it to middle schoolers. How can you be so autistic to not comprehend it?
>>
>>131547962
>>131548501

so at best you have to admit that this is something you cannot observe.

>Small changes happening frequently over a long period of time could eventually lead to larger permanent changes

No amount of time and small changes is going to lead from a single-celled organism birthing every living species on Earth.

You can claim this but you have no observation or evidence to back it up. The scientific method requires observation/testing.
>>
>>131541883

Wrong. There's no link. That's where evolution falls apart. There is no gradual change in the fossil records. There's no fossil records of one animal slowly turning into another.
Oh they've tried to fake it. They've tried to put skeletons together wildly to show and prove a gradual change. Yet those have always been debunked and rather quickly.
Evolution is the change of one species into another species. This is to be a slow change. There is no fossil records in any species showing that slow change. We instead have individual species in the fossil records. Not one species slowly changing into another.
Since this has never been found evolution has yet to be proven and STILL remains a scientific theory. A theory that's been around so long that if it had been true? We'd have found proof by now. We have not.
>>
>>131540900
this is what a clear misunderstanding of evolution looks like. honestly just off yourself christfag or just go back to reading your fairy tails
>>
File: 1470899518086.jpg (49KB, 713x528px) Image search: [Google]
1470899518086.jpg
49KB, 713x528px
>>131548932
>a clear misunderstanding of evolution looks like

How so? Birds are claimed to be descended from dinosaurs.This is undeniable.

also
>(You)
>>
>>131547203
as for macro vs microevolution, look at it this way.

The new spotted humans in one area find a new food source, but it is deep inside small holes that only some people can reach because they have small hands. Small hands become more common in this region after a few generations because the people with small hands get more of the delicacy, and thus more money, making them more attractive.

Now you have small handed spotted humans. Then they decide unanimously that longer necks are hot as fuck, after a few generations, you have long necked, small handed, spotted humans.

Already they hardly look like modern humans. They look like a weird giraffe/human hybrid with tiny hands. Take this process over another million years, more and more changes accruing and they will be even farther from modern humans.

That's natural selection
>>
>>131549082

Oh it's very deniable as I wrote above there is no fossil records showing dinosaurs turning slowly and gradually into birds. We have fossil records instead of birds....and dinosaurs. No inbetween. It's called " The missing link ". Because the link is missing. There is no linking of species in the fossil record. Evolution is still theory. It has no been proven. And if it hasn't been proven by now? By fossil records? And it has not...then it's probably a false assumption. Darwin was wrong.
>>
>>131540900
Do you believe in the all-knowing, almighty flying spaghetti monster high in the sky?
>>
>>131549573
>Oh it's very deniable

I think you misunderstood me, I wasn't saying that birds ARE descended from dinosaurs, I was saying that proponents of evolution believe such.
>>
File: herra maistelee havanalaista.jpg (103KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
herra maistelee havanalaista.jpg
103KB, 960x960px
>>131548722
we share dna with everything that lives on this planet, theres the proof
>AAAAAARRRRRRRRR GEEERRGGHHG GOD GAVE EVERYONE SAME DNA!!!!!!!
>DEEEERRRRRRFHHH SHUT UP SMALL CHANGES DO NOT ACCUMULATE SHUTUP SHUTUP!!!!!11!!
>>
>>131550114
>DEEEERRRRRRFHHH SHUT UP SMALL CHANGES DO NOT ACCUMULATE SHUTUP SHUTUP!!!!!11!!

How do you expect someone to take you seriously?
>>
>>131550114
>we share dna with everything that lives on this planet,

that doesn't prove anything though. Species that have a common Creator would obviously have things in common.
>>
File: polonracism.jpg (56KB, 374x473px) Image search: [Google]
polonracism.jpg
56KB, 374x473px
>>131540900

Can you fucking retard stop confusing the idea of speciation through natural selection with the idea of abiogenesis?

Evolution is not the theory that "life came from nothing" you fucking unbelievable cretin.
>>
>>131550345
Why would I trust either side?
None of you have compelling arguments.
One is built purely on speculation, the other is built based on what a book says.
>>
File: supreme.jpg (22KB, 129x179px) Image search: [Google]
supreme.jpg
22KB, 129x179px
>>131550345
so you are literally saying
>>
>>131550114

Mutation and adaptation to environment do occur by species. We see this constantly. We have never seen an example of evolution in the fossil record however because it doesn't exist. It's called the " missing link ".
There is no evidence, no skeleton of an animal has ever been found, that proves it was in the middle of a slow evolutionary change. Our fossil records should be FULL of this. Chalk full. But we can't find ONE single valid example. Not one. Why?
Because evolution, the changing of one species into another, slowly, over a great period of time, doesn't happen. It's never happened. We can't prove it. Because there's no skeleton of an animal we can find that makes us say, " THERE IS OUR HALF DINOSAUR HALF BIRD CREATURE! FINALLY! ". It does not exist. Darwin was wrong.
>>
>>131549795
lol le flying spaghetti monster xDDDD absolutely rekt hahaha good one.
>>
File: Ylpeä juuristani.jpg (24KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
Ylpeä juuristani.jpg
24KB, 288x288px
>>131547962
>ei se lelu
>>
>>131550593
>AAAAAARRRRRRRRR GEEERRGGHHG

>>131550114
>AAAAAARRRRRRRRR GEEERRGGHHG
>DEEEERRRRRRFHHH

>>131547962
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What makes you think that behaving like an incredibly obese redditor will help your arguments?
>>
File: africa yes.jpg (117KB, 774x575px) Image search: [Google]
africa yes.jpg
117KB, 774x575px
>>131540900
you blow in from retardville buddy?
>>
File: jeb.png (479KB, 312x342px) Image search: [Google]
jeb.png
479KB, 312x342px
>>131550621
>We have never seen an example of evolution in the fossil record however because it doesn't exist.
>There is no evidence, no skeleton of an animal has ever been found, that proves it was in the middle of a slow evolutionary change.

>American education

what the fuck are you expecting us to find? lizards with fish tails?
literally every single organism that has ever existed was in the middle of a slow evolutionary change.

>Be American
>Have AMERICAN EDUCATION
>Think that species remain the exact same for a period of time, then decide that they should evolve
>>
i know this is bait but many dinosaurs had feathers and laid eggs. the potrayal of dinosaurs in popular media as giant reptiles is often inaccurate.
>>
>>131548722
>so at best you have to admit that this is something you cannot observe.

We have "observed" it in microorganisms recently. But still, Macroevolution happens over thousands of year. Ok to give you a comparison, we can't sit and observe the formation of stars since it takes several million years for them to form but we know they're there.

>No amount of time and small changes is going to lead from a single-celled organism birthing every living species on Earth.

That's not the chronology of evolution at all, you oversimplified it badly.

>You can claim this but you have no observation or evidence to back it up

There's a lot of evidence, DNA, Fossils, Embryo development, etc.
>>
File: hedberg apu.png (30KB, 857x921px) Image search: [Google]
hedberg apu.png
30KB, 857x921px
>>131550860
wow nice counterargument biro
>>
>>131551469
I'm actually trying to help you.
You think typing
"BLEALRLAEJOPIGUJGJIKHSDGKLASHUZFGLUI" is going to help you in any way?
>>
>>131540900
You do understand what evolution means right? It simply means change. Jesus christ the fact that our demographic changes mean we are literally watching evolution happen.

No this doesn't mean its better to blanda upp. There is no end point for evolution; no goal. It's just a continuous reaction to circumstance and pressures. We are not the same as a species as were 12,000 years ago - thanks to agriculture.

You could possibly argue against natural selection as the mechanism for change however. But to argue against change itself is the intellectual equivalent of stabbing your own eyes out
>>
File: esbylonin torni.jpg (66KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
esbylonin torni.jpg
66KB, 480x640px
>>131551582
enjoy your psychosis creationistfag
>>
>>131551291

Dead wrong. " The missing Link " is still a valid term used in the fossil field to describe the non existence of fossil remains proving evolution. Evolution is still an unproven scientific theory.
It is still regarded as theory.
And it should have been proven by now. We have immense fossil records, yet not one single find has proven evolution.
Google " Missing Link ". Educate yourself.
Your fish tail lizards were their own species, and existed about 80 million years ago and are now extinct.
>>
>>131551854
I don't really care about this argument.
I do care about people behaving like redditors, though.
So tell me, you think typing "IOYUGWHASLIUYASGSLIUHI" is going to help you in any way?
>>
>>131548866

> Transitional fossils don't actually exist.

Even assuming what you're saying about fossils is right(it isn't since this point is only about changing the goalposts when somebody responds) the DNA evidence for evolution is overwhelming.

>STILL remains a scientific theory

So is gravity and germs.
>>
>>131552032

>Even assuming what you're saying about fossils is right(it isn't since this point is only about changing the goalposts when somebody responds) the DNA evidence for evolution is overwhelming.

What I'm saying is right. There is no fossil record proving evolution and it is necessary to proof. DNA similarities are not enough.
EVOLUTION is the changing of one species into another over gradual time. This is easy to prove.
Fossil records. Easy. They don't exist. They are necessary to prove the theory. It would be certain proof. They have no found it.
Similar DNA is found in everything.
We share A TON of DNA with plants. And every other creature. Did you know that? That doesn't mean we evolved from them.
http://www.saps.org.uk/saps-associates/browse-q-and-a/473-how-much-dna-do-plants-share-with-humans-over-99
>>
>>131552628
>There is no fossil record proving evolution

We have found tons of them though. They're called transitional fossils. Archaeopteryx is the most famous one, but we have tons

>We share A TON of DNA with plants. And every other creature. Did you know that?

Yes that's because of the last universal common ancestor, that's what I'm trying to get at.
>>
>>131540900
Whats the alternative? If you're able to believe in magic you may also believe in evolution.
>>
>>131553555
>Whats the alternative?

That humans and all life on Earth was designed by an intelligent Creator.

How else do you explain consciousness? How could consciousness evolve? How could something go from not thinking to thinking?
>>
>>131540900
We wuzn't apes, he share a common ancestor with apes. :)
*chugs 50 gallon drum of tea*
>>
>>131553700

What if that creator did it by evolution?
>>
>>131545278

fuck off with this straw-man

acknowledgement of evolution and belief in god are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>131553388
" Almost all of the transitional forms in this list do not actually represent ancestors of any living group or other transitional forms. Darwin noted that transitional forms could be considered common ancestors, direct ancestors or collateral ancestors of living or extinct groups, but believed that finding actual common or direct ancestors linking different groups was unlikely "

Yeeeeea.....forgive me if I'm not convinced. Really.
>>
>>131553700
>That humans and all life on Earth was designed by an intelligent Creator.

If you bring paranormal stuff into the equation everything is possible, including us living in a computer simulation.

>How could consciousness evolve?

Density and size of our brain.
>>
Evolution makes sense, but the Out of Africa theory is bullshit.

http://archive.is/bJ6Sb
>>
yes. give some arguments or eat shit you low iq faggot
kys
>>
>>131553388
Nonetheless, these transitional fossils serve as evidence to Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection as conserved traits are proven to survive the test of time. This also supports evolution in a way that is shows gradual change in traits of species over generations due to change in living conditions.

That's no fossil poof either or proving evolution. It proves adaptation and mutation. Nothing more.
>>
>>131554010
>Density and size of our brain.

you're going to have to explain further, because that does nothing to explain where consciousness comes from.
>>
Got some heavy autism from this thread.
Mostly from OP
>>
File: 1496190389210.jpg (56KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1496190389210.jpg
56KB, 800x533px
>>131554566
>sodomite flag
>>
>>131554008
What list, what are you quoting?

>>131554336

>adaptation and mutation. Nothing more

That's litteraly macroevolution just factoring thousands of years.
>>
>>131554348
It does, conciousness is the awarness of ourselves and our surroundings. The bigger and more dense a brain is the more developed this sense is.

A fly does not know what it is and where it is, however some monkeys and apes pass the mirror test showing some level of consciousness.
>>
>>131554689
Knew that would trigger you. Not even gay.
>>
>>131554348
It's pretty simple: consciousness is a biological phenomenon that arises from the brain -- different magnitudes of consciousness appear with brainmass relative to size.

Go ahead and remove someone's brain and see if they're conscious.
>>
"Here in this petri dishwe can observe how bacteria have changes in DNA during reproduction and after some generations in an altered environment those more suited to the new ambient survive, resulting in a clear evolution of the bacteria we picked"
>MICROEVULTION DOESN'T PROVE MACROEVOLUTION REEEEEEEEEEE IT'S VARIATION! IT CAN'T CHANGE IN MAJOR WAYS!
"Here we can see that after years of selective breeding, dogs can branch into breeds depending of how those dogs were systematically selected, they show radical changes in morphology and some aspects of their internal anatomy after enough generations, we call them breeds."
>SO?! A SQUID CAN'T TURN INTO A DOG! EVILUTIONIST BFTO! GOD CREATED ALL!
"After applying what we know of this observed phenomena and correlating it with the fossil record and all the transitional fossils in related species in conjunction with the genetic information we gathered so far we can see that evolution is pretty much possible and expected"
>IT'S ALL FAKE! ALL FOSSILS ARE THE SAME! THE DEVIL PUT THEM THERE! FUCKING LIAR SCIENTISTS TRYING TO STEAL FROM US! Please donate to Kent Hovind to help him pay his lawyer fees and spread the good word AMEN
>>
>>131554880
>The bigger and more dense a brain is the more developed this sense is.

but that doesn't explain how such a sense came about.

also, blue whales have bigger brains than humans, so by your logic they should be more intelligent/aware. But that's diverging from the real issue.

so again, how does evolution explain consciousness?

>>131555205
refer to the above.
>>
>>131540900
>hates gays
>hates evolution
Evolution says gays are an inferior animal so why are you so dissonant?
>>
>>131555301
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalization_quotient
Bigger in relation to body mass, not overall
>>
File: 300px-Equine_evolution.jpg (18KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Equine_evolution.jpg
18KB, 300x256px
>>131540900
Step down, Bible-thumping Bobby Joe
Creationism is so fucking retarded.

Anyone with half a brain realised they need to accept defeat against overwhelming evidence, and maybe suggest that evolution was guided by a divine hand. There's no debating evolution.
>>
>>131555231
>resulting in a clear evolution of the bacteria we picked"

bacteria give rise to bacteria, they don't give rise to non-bacteria.

>Here we can see that after years of selective breeding, dogs can branch into breeds depending of how those dogs were systematically selected,

They're still dogs. They won't ever produce non-dogs.

Also, selective breeding is ARTIFICIAL. That does not occur naturally.
>>
>>131555301
>blue whales have bigger brains than humans

I had that in mind when I wrote my post hence I added density. An elephant has more synapse and brain size than that of a human but its not as dense.
>>
>>131554689
Grab em. Lot offered them his daughters. This makes them gay. Strange flesh is not angels it is men. How'd they reproduce again and why is san francisco still around? Ronaldo>you
He reproduced thru surrogacy. Was king david a sodomite? How about the born eunuchs? The centurion? Ruth and naomi? You know nothing
>>
File: DAJgJZ1XsAU6jh2.jpg (33KB, 475x395px) Image search: [Google]
DAJgJZ1XsAU6jh2.jpg
33KB, 475x395px
>>131555576
>>
File: image.png (101KB, 900x753px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
101KB, 900x753px
>>131540900
>>
>>131555695
>lgbt history
Straight history is better
>>
>>131551900
there are infinite missing links.
say that an archeologist in the future find your skeleton and your grandsons skeleton, but not your sons skeleton. boom your son is a missing link in your lineage
>>
>>131555450
>overwhelming
>>
>>131540900
> I don't fully understand existence
> I'll just believe what these scribblings in this book say
Being this retarded.
If your beliefs can only be reaffirmed by the same source that provides those beliefs, you probably need to look elsewhere. Nothing in any holy scripture from any religion can be objectively verified from any perspective that exists outside of that religion.
> Tfw people worship books
> The cat in the hat is just as valid as any religious text
>>
>>131555515
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canid_hybrid
>>
>>131555515
>Bacteria give rise to bacteria
what are archaea
what is syntrophic model
what is planctomycetes
what is viral eukaryogenesis
what are colonial organisms
>They're still dogs
We classify them as dogs as long as they can still breed between each other, once they can't due to extreme branching they'll be different species.
>Also, selective breeding is ARTIFICIAL. That does not occur naturally
what is natural selection?
what you're telling me the unfit die?
Also, if artificial selection can happen, so can natural selection by the fact that the change process STILL HAPPENS
>>
>>131555515
>selective breeding is ARTIFICIAL
>what is human relationships
Kek
>>
>>131555515
if 2 dog populations are kept separate long enough, eventually they will not be able to interbreed
boom a new species
>>
File: hominin-fossils.png (857KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
hominin-fossils.png
857KB, 1500x1125px
>>131556153
>>
File: 1487164600960.gif (2MB, 270x138px) Image search: [Google]
1487164600960.gif
2MB, 270x138px
>>131545111
>>
>>131556438
>what is human relationships
>human relationships
>HUMAN

>>131556451

so then why can Europeans breed with Australian aboriginals? They've been separated for a very long time.
>>
>>131555695
>repeats himself
It's ok. Christ said one thing. You say another. Trump grabs them. Which is actually sodomy. The words gay fag and homo never existed back then. Read the original languages
>>
>>131549249
>You)
as for macro vs microevolution, look at it this way.

Absolutely all of the evidence is for microevolution, and absolutely no evidence exists for macro.
>>
>>131549795
Do you?
>>
>>131556584
(((You)))
>>
File: rebbit.jpg (9KB, 77x62px) Image search: [Google]
rebbit.jpg
9KB, 77x62px
>>131556584
60k years obviously is not long enough numbnuts
>>
>>131556142
>I have no idea what is meant by "missing link", the post. Also, fuck my country sucks.
>>
>>131556584
>Comparing tens of millions of years with 100k since humans migrated out of indoeuropa and africa
>>
>>131540900
There's no proof dinosaurs looked like that
>>
File: burgersbear.jpg (4KB, 108x125px) Image search: [Google]
burgersbear.jpg
4KB, 108x125px
>>131556812
>im just going to spout a bunch of bullshit and ad hominems without even trying to counterargue
>>
>>131556851
so what species are you referring to that are separated for tens of millions of years?
>>
>there are "people" who dont accept evolution as a fact
>these """people""" are american
why is this so predictable
>>
File: 1463505231309.gif (6KB, 15x12px) Image search: [Google]
1463505231309.gif
6KB, 15x12px
>>131557048
>>
File: Fig11.jpg (86KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
Fig11.jpg
86KB, 600x525px
>>131556549
>>131556153
I may need to explain this one, since you cucks will likely say the first row of tadpoles looks nothing like the last one with humans. The first row is the earlier form of the embryo, and subsequent rows are the same embryos but with more growth.
If you don't believe a diagram taught to 1st year undergrads by medical doctors, you should watch the development of a fetus on youtube or something. The picture is just a comparison, and boy... what a comparison it is.
>>
>>131557116
>just blindly accept it goy, mountains of evidence
>>
File: EVILution.png (3MB, 500x5655px) Image search: [Google]
EVILution.png
3MB, 500x5655px
>>
>we wuz apes and shit
this is the way sub 100iq indivuals percieve evolution
>>
>>131544909
That's because you're a newfag and haven't seen the popular image it's based on.
>>
>>131557077
Take ALL of Australia as an example. It's predicted that it drifted from Gondwana 95+ million years ago. Their native species can't breed with animals of similar phylums.
>>
>>131548866
>There's no fossil records of one animal slowly turning into another.
A fossil is a very rare snapshot of evolution.
It's like one frame of a movie, you wont see any movement(transition) in a single fossil. All you can see in fossils are similarities to other fossils.
>>
File: evol-tetrapods-padian.jpg (39KB, 609x445px) Image search: [Google]
evol-tetrapods-padian.jpg
39KB, 609x445px
>>131557295
FISH ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD
>>
>>131557570
except it is literally what you believe

evolution says that humans evolved from other hominins
>>
>>131540900
It's a matter of critical thinking. People decided that based on their knowledge so far, evolution makes sense. They also used that same knowledge to come to the conclusion that feminism and homosexuality are bullshit.
>>
>>131557993
>>131557993
Other hominids, not specifically apes.
Rather, both apes and humans had evolved from a common ancestor.
>>
>>131541883
yet eskimos are dark
>>
>>131558485
hominids definition

>erect bipedal primate mammals

WE WUZ APES N SHEEIT is pretty much that.
>>
>>131557993
do you not understand how genes and mutations work? Do you deny that you take traits from your parents? Do you deny that genes mutate? I don't understand how you can deny evolution after having done enough research to start a thread vehemently denying it.
Or do you accept evolution within a species, but you deny that several changes add up over time?
>>
>>131558654
>>>>>>>>>>>PRETTY MUCH
you are pretty much a pig, you share a lot of DNA in common :^), PRETTY MUCH the same thing
>>
>>131558654
>erect bipedal primate mammals
Now take a look in the mirror.
>>
Pls don't ignore me, I thrive on attention
>>
>>131558654
Still, hominids=/=apes.
>>
>>131556624
Macro and micro evolution are terms mostly only used by creationists. This is because there is no real differentiating between the two. Evolution is a change in gene frequency over time. A phenotype is the physical manifestation of genes. If a population develops a phenotype which restricts it from sharing genes with another portion of the population, speciation has occurred. Because specie is a vague concept used to define the fuzzy boundaries between life forms which are on a constantly shifting continuum, there are certain creatures deemed different enough to constitute different species while still being able to interbreed, such as donkeys and horses. Biology is not neatly defined like how the ignorant monotheists of years prior arrogantly assumed. Evolutionary theory is one of the great modern revelations of the constantly shifting nature of universe, which was not unknown to ancient academics. It is because you have been fooled by a deceitful god, and the jumbled scripture of his zealous followers, that you actively avoid seeking the evidence which you claim to desire.
>>
File: The Ark.jpg (15KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
The Ark.jpg
15KB, 217x232px
>>131540900
>>
>>131542075
what bird is that looks spooky
>>
>>131558654
Are you against evolution because the bible says it's wrong, as your flag would suggest, or do you have some specific issue with evolution you'd like to discuss? It seems to me like you're either intentionally trolling or blinded by your faith. I hope it's the first one, because you look like a complete fool.

However, if you understand the topic at hand and want to dispute some of the smaller, more controversial elements of evolution, I'd love to have that chat.
>>
>>131558753
> Do you deny that you take traits from your parents?

No. But that doesn't mean I'm going to give birth to a child with a third arm or some shit.

>, but you deny that several changes add up over time?

No amount of changes is going to make bacteria become animals.
>>
File: 1498410330846.jpg (83KB, 640x741px) Image search: [Google]
1498410330846.jpg
83KB, 640x741px
>>131540900
educate yourself
>>
>>131559039
>Are you against evolution because the bible says it's wrong,

Yes

>do you have some specific issue with evolution you'd like to discuss?

Also yes.

So, please explain how single-celled organisms gave rise to every living thing on Earth.
>>
>>131559052
Actually, lots of children are born with deformaties, including your example of a third arm. If that child was more successful at reproducing thanks to his 3rd arm, his children, who have a higher risk for a 3rd arm, would themselves reproduce.

Several generations down the line and you have a family where every single person has a 3rd arm.

A hundred generations down the line, you almost have a different species of human, especially if they never breed with humans with 2 arms.
>>
File: CXyVmZuUAAApolM.png (261KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
CXyVmZuUAAApolM.png
261KB, 500x437px
>>131559052
>No. But that doesn't mean I'm going to give birth to a child with a third arm or some shit.

So....... this is.... the true POWER........ of .......THE CREATIONIST
>>
>>131559213
Random mutation plus cell cooperation resulted in a system where multiple cells could share the workload and resources between them, massively boosting their survival rate. Over time, individual cells became more specialized and dependent on the other types of cells in the system.

Billions of years later, here we are. A supremely complex system of trillions of cells, each specialized for exactly and only one task.
>>
>>131549573
Darwin was wrong about evolution being gradual, instead it's more of a bottleneck with massive change occurring over very short periods. There is no 'link' because it can happen down to a generation, a flying dinosaur could become a bird in just a few generations with major morphological changes.
>>
File: ;^).jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
;^).jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>131556586
>Christ said one thing, you say another.

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." - Leviticus 20:13

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." - 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error." - Romans 1:26-27

"And there were also male cult prostitutes in the land. They did according to all the abominations of the nations that the Lord drove out before the people of Israel." - 1 Kings 14:24

"Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous." - Hebrews 13:4

See for yourself then, cockjuggler.
>>
>>131559538
This is also true, although I think your example is a bit overstated. Not much can happen in only 'a few generations' unless you introduce a massive change in environment like a higher level of background radiation resulting in a higher rate of mutation. The key though, is the bigger the species the slower the rate of evolution. Evolution occurs most and most rapidly when a species is on the brink of extinction, because changes in biology spread rapidly through the whole population.
>>
>>131559502
well actually most cells have a lot of tasks no matter how specialized, not least maintaining themselves. Most produce tissue fluid, produce energy and process waste materials. Even a neuron has a lot of tasks besides conveying an action potential.
>>
>>131559875
Yes! You're absolutely correct. It's just that if you use long sentences and complex thoughts, the creationists can't understand. My point is valid though, they specialized to make handling one job easier while delegating other jobs to different cells, even if the job of self-preservation is always required on a per-cell basis.
>>
>>131559654
That's some seriously amateur exegesis. You quote the old testament, which presented a system of ethnic ceremonial laws jesus came to abolish, and the writings of paul the apostle, or perhaps Marcion. The letters of paul hardly ever even mention jesus let alone quote him.
>>
File: 1498493090751.jpg (11KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
1498493090751.jpg
11KB, 201x250px
>>131559213
>>
>>131559754
not neccessarily, since the bigger a population the more likely it has a wider distribution and hence more potential for allopatric speciation and new selection pressures. A population isn't all one thing, it's just the whole of a widely distributed set of organisms. Any of them could experience new pressures at any time and speciate quite rapidly. All extinction does is make the speciation very clear in the record, especially since speciation is ill defined in large homogenous populations compared to small disparate ones.
>>
>>131560366
Yep, you're very right to correct me here. I more meant the rate at which AN ENTIRE SPECIES evolves, not the rate at which a group within a species splinters off. Your post is excellent additional information though, so thanks.
>>
>>131560231
>which presented a system f ethnic ceremonial laws jesus came to abolish
16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. 17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.…
Matthew 5:17

>or perhaps marcion
nigga these are the canon books of the bible the sources are right there

>hardly ever even mention jesus let alone quote him
What, do you not believe in the trinity?
because if you did you'd realize that whenever they mention the Lord this also means that Jesus speaks through them. For they are all God and God is all of them.

Ergo Jesus agrees with this sentiment.
>>
>>131540900
Then I don't have to worry about white genocide anymore. Thanks, dead kike on a stick. I can have a mixed marriage now and still have white children.
>>
>>131560366
Isn't part of the idea that a stable population builds genetic diversity constantly through mutation and gene swapping, then hits either an extinction event or some sort of geographical split setting the different gene frequencies as they were at the time of the event?
>>
File: Humpback_Whale_underwater_shot.jpg (107KB, 1034x594px) Image search: [Google]
Humpback_Whale_underwater_shot.jpg
107KB, 1034x594px
What is so intelligent about fish that can't breathe water?
>>
OP btfo everyone else in this thread desu
>>
File: WE WUZ DINOSUARS.jpg (40KB, 480x783px) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ DINOSUARS.jpg
40KB, 480x783px
>>131556560
>>
Why do I have to share a flag with these retards?
>>
>>131562009
you can literally choose any flag you like
>>
>>131561202
Yes, he has come to fulfill them. How does that in anyway read to you as Jesus saying I have come to enforce them further? The idea is he has come to open the ethnic legal laws to their higher moral laws "27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Who set the canon? History, my nigga...

Who wrote the letters of paul the apostle? Not as simple an answer as you might think. Perhaps look into the dutch radical critics.

lastly, except it is obvious to anyone reading that the ideas presented in the epistles differ greatly from the ideas in the gospels. If you take a critical look at these documents it becomes easier to understand why that may be.
>>
>>131551950
Then you've already lost, if you can't refute the core idea of this argument and can only attack it's form, not it's substance.

In other words : you sound like a muslim, faggot.
>>
>>131562684
I wasn't interested in fighting his argument, I was just calling him out for being an obnoxious kid.
>>
>>131544569
Found the teenager
>>
Evolution and Genesis never contradicted each other at all...
>>
File: RetardedCreationists.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
RetardedCreationists.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>131540900
there are thousands of fossils and evidence that evolution is right you fucking retard!
>>
>>131563284
>there are lots of fossils
>therefore they evolved from each other

learn to argue please.
>>
File: ScienceVsReligionMeme.png (218KB, 894x624px) Image search: [Google]
ScienceVsReligionMeme.png
218KB, 894x624px
>>131563427
yes because fossils and scientific reasoning point to that, all your beliefs are based on book that was written 2000 years ago...
>>
I don't objectively understand why people choose to be offended at the thought of being related to apes. Of course they wouldn't say this is the only reason not to believe in evolution theory, but I think in reality it is the main reason why people want to start to chimp out about Jesus and what not when evolution theory is discussed. I mean why would you be offended at monkeys if humans are capable of endlessly worse antics than any other creature. And they are practically the same race as yours. Why be offended by evolution theory and not what you see in the mirror when just human behavior alone is more savage than any kind of animal. How can you be too proud to accept the idea that you're an overdeveloped mammal, when human nature is much more to be ashamed of?
>>
>>131564440
>yes because fossils

simply stating 'fossils' is not proof of anything

>and scientific reasoning

that's a vague statement that means nothing. Scientific reasoning leads me to conclude that evolution is a myth.

> based on book that was written 2000 years ago...

could you at least get your history right?
>>
>>131564669
because they believe in anthropomorphic god, they don't like to imagine that god is related to ape.
>>
>>131564879
the hindu's didn't mind
>>
>>131564745
>simply stating 'fossils' is not proof of anything.
it is, I can tell you lack cognitive abilities,
Also there is lot of genetic evidence too...
>>
File: R E V I E W B R A H.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
R E V I E W B R A H.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>131564745
Serious question: were you homeschooled or something? The process of evolution and the evidence we have is something that is taught at an elementary level continuing all the way through high school. Maybe you forgot it?
>>
>>131564969
well, Hinduism is a different topic.
>>
>>131540900
>idiots still post this even though it's well known that birds evolved from Dromaeosaurs and not Tyrannosaurs
>>
File: Birb_on_birb_gang_violence.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Birb_on_birb_gang_violence.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>
>>131540900

WE WUZ REX N' CHEEP.
>>
>>131565103
>it is,

no, it's not. That's like me saying 'Words' when asked for proof of God.

>>131565125
no, I actually graduated with honors and am a STEM major with a heavy interest in physics and astronomy.
>>
>>131540900
>I don't understand it so it cannot be
>Worships kike created demons that will ensure the destruction of white civilization

Into the trash
>>
>>131565467
>graduated with STEM
>can't understand cell cooperation
Pick just one
>>
>>131565507
>societies turn away from Christianity
>immediately slip into moral decline and embrace suicidal practices

really makes you think....
>>
>>131565258
yes but there is no reason to be offended by animals as hinduism shows. any type of explanation to how humans came to be doesn't affect what we have become and what we are, whether that explanation is evolution, ayy lmao's, a god or a matrix simulation. An explanation of something does not affect its definition. You're still worth as much as a person. Apes are still going to be worth what they are as apes. There is no reason to be offended by animals.
>>
>>131565467
That's good. Does your STEM major have anything to do with biology, geology or paleontology? Nobody is saying you can't be a STEMlord and not accept evolution.

Did you plug your ears when the teacher started explaining evolution?
>>
>>131540900
1 thing if we are all descended from Adam and Eve aren't we all brother/sister fuckers?
>>
>>131565712
Makes me think the average person is too stupid to understand normal things like compassion, empathy and selflessness, so they need a sandy old book to scare them into being good goys.

>This is why I think we as a society still need Christianity, but also why I personally think most things in the bible are complete rubbish and easily disprovable.
>>
File: EvolutionF.jpg (62KB, 561x471px) Image search: [Google]
EvolutionF.jpg
62KB, 561x471px
>>131565467
>That's like me saying 'Words' when asked for proof of God.

That completely is not, God is abstract and will never be proved or disproved, but species, genetics and fossils is not an abstract thing because it can be observed...
>>
>>131565752
>Did you plug your ears when the teacher started explaining evolution?

No, I just looked at it closely and realize that it doesn't make much sense. People love to shout about natural selection and mutations but yet they can't explain how molecules became man.

It's all a big appeal to authority. People who question it are shouted down with "mountains of evidence! indisputable! scientific fact" but are given no real answers.
>>
>>131565766
same argument if we come from one common ancestor(monkey) that spawned every human
>>
File: (((christianity))).jpg (521KB, 1362x779px) Image search: [Google]
(((christianity))).jpg
521KB, 1362x779px
>>131540900
>>131541696
>so adamantly accepting of evolution
Everything said before the 1990s regarding science has not been proven wrong yet. Some (((scientists))) making things up the last 20 years don't change that fact. Now go help your nigger brothers cuck.
>>
>>131540900
You want observable? Google ring species and stop being an idiot.
>>
>>131566097
>they can't explain how molecules became man
You had a shit teacher then.
>>
File: 1489791897709.jpg (42KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1489791897709.jpg
42KB, 640x479px
>>131566097
Sounds to me like you're thinking more about Abiogensis, rather than evolution. In a series of ABC, Abiogensis is concerned with where A comes from. Evolution is concerned with how B becomes C. Does that make sense to you?
>>
>>131540900
God created man through evolution

/thread
>>
>>131566097
Seriously, just google micro-evolution you fool. There's even kits you can download with a petry dish and some bacteria, so you can watch / influence evolution in your own bedroom.

If that's no sufficiently macro for you, you can do almost exactly the same thing with fruitflies. They have super short lifespans so you can really see it for yourself in a short amount of time.
>>
>>131566495
>download
I meant buy, although you usually have to download some electronic reading materials too.
>>
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/phylo.html

It has been a while since I've read this but I believe it is still a very useful resource for those of you who want to know more about the evidence for evolutionary theory.
>>
File: LqPeKbZ.jpg (86KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
LqPeKbZ.jpg
86KB, 576x1024px
>>131566629
TO is a great resource. Cheers dude
>>
>it's ONLY a theory
>it hasn't been proven yet
gr8 b8 m8, 8/8
>>
>>131540900
Well then, the bible has all the answers. Let's consult the bible about the fossil record, shall we? ctrl f: fossil
Oh lookie here, fuck all!
>>
>>131566886
for sure my man
>>
>>131548866
Wrong. Evolution is happening on The Islands of Galapagos at alarming speeds. Species of water iguana literally changes the length of its spine & body size to counter act the lack of food during the el-nino phenomenon. Eventually they will slowly just evolve into something better suited to handle the sudden change in food.
>>
>>131566482
I understand the distinction, but ultimately the two have to be connected. Theistic evolution doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

The spontaneous generation of life is a fundamental assumption of evolutionary theory.
>>
>>131567227
I mean, ultimately, yeah, but the reason I bring it up is because while Evolution is a pretty concrete theory (albeit some minor, extremely technical gaps), Abiogensis is still an emerging field, and doesn't have all the answers yet. But every day we get closer and closer to figuring out the recipe for life!

I don't believe theistic evolution either, so I'm not sure where that's coming from.
>>
>>131567227
If you want to talk about abiogenesis though, that's a completely different topic for completely different scholars. You said evolution is not the truth, well as everyone in this thread has shown you, there is ample proof that evolution is closer to the truth than anything else posited so forth, including and especially your desert ideology.

I don't have any problem at all with people picking away at evolution, in fact that's how we get closed to the truth. Just denying that we know anything at all is moronic. It's like saying long division is impossible because the bible doesn't teach you how to add or subtract.
>>
>>131567227
One could imagine a situation in which a god layed down unicellular life and the right environment for it to prosper, then the process of evolution takes over and creates the diversity of life we have today.

This does not require abiogenisis and yet still allows for the evolution of life.
>>
>>131540900
>avians
Any fool who has eaten a turkey or chicken can see the relationship to theropod dinosaurs.
>apes
We didn't descend from apes, we are part of the larger family of apes.
>buh buh but we are special
No, not really. Just highly specialized in a very adaptable way.
>>
>>131550454
I don't have it, but there was a post explaining why it was mathematically impossible for organs to develop "Randomly" in such a short amount of evolutionary time as the majority of evolution's history is bacteria state with a burst of diversity and complexity all the sudden.
>>
>American education
>>
>>131567547
Well, humans have ALWAYS known a species of plants and animals can be selected into a different look.

I believe this was known as "sexual selection"(obviously breeding mutations were a known concept as we hybridized plants and dogs/.cats) before Darwin made the word evolution to blanket the "Random" natural occurrences.

Darwin suggested theory(evolution) basically says it can happen without intelligent interference, I do not agree with this.
>>
>>131571970
So, if we shape the environment for plants and animals, allowing them to evolve- why is it so hard to grasp that a naturally changing world would do the same exact thing?
>>
>>131572867
>why is it so hard to grasp that a naturally changing world would do the same exact thing?
If you imply god is helping to shape and decide these changes, aka, intelligent interference like humans do, it is not wild at all.

But it is illogical to think it happened randomly with no interference,
If i sum up life in an hour,. 40-50 minutes of that hour is bacterial like creatures.
In the last 20-10 minutes of it is suddenly boomed so enormously, faced several extinctions, and still manage to bring man here to this day despite every fucking odd being against you?
>>
>>131573430
Well, I don't see any proof for god, so to me that part is irreverent. If we can agree that a changing landscape means changing biology, if we can agree that we are products of our environment, then there's no problems between us.

I don't care how people get to the truth, so long as we're not specifically ignoring scientific information because it doesn't appeal to our religion.
>>
>>131574625
>any proof for god,
I can however.
But, this isn't the thread for this discussion.
It boils down to if life [possible because of thought or is thought possible because of life?
Thought is a unique energy, we don't even really understand what it is. Its possible the mater/energy around us is conscious but we are unable to understand it much like you can't read a mind. It is of course up to debate if this is intelligence with or without limit. For me, if there is a fraction there must be a whole or even an infinite.
>>
>>131575227
Easy, if thoughts would be necessary for life there would be no life forms that don;t think. But there are, in fact, thinking creatures are far more rare than non thinking creatures. Creatures being anything that lives. That means, thought is not necessary life. Thought is possible due to the creature that is able to think. Life makes thought possible.
>>
>>131575635
No anon, all creatures think or they wouldn't be able to move or function. Thought doesn't have a strict scientific definition, it just means awareness if anything and life is definitely aware otherwise it could feed or reproduce/split/fuse
>>
File: creationists shills leave.png (15KB, 434x284px) Image search: [Google]
creationists shills leave.png
15KB, 434x284px
>>131540900
>>
>>131576183
*couldn't
also add move independently in there too.
>>
>>131576183
fucking plants
>>
>>131576329
Are you implying plants are inanimate and have no functions to grow move or reproduce?
Every fucking cell in their body is moving.
>>
File: 1466774218540.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1466774218540.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
>>131576329
>>131576498
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB5rvjZzgFU
>>
>>131576498
Are you implying thought is necessary for life? Do plants fucking think?
>>
>>131576677
Yes? They know light is good. They know to grow against gravity, to accept pollen form males, ect.

Are you ignorant of fucking plants bro?
>>
>>131540900
Evolutionists are the most retarded people.
> muh millions of years of adaptaion and yet that didnt save you from being an autist
Seriously the first thing that we all descended from has more potential than we do. Our adaptations also cause weaknesses which is the inherent problem of evolution. We evolve without any forward thought we simply reacted to the enviroment hoping that some trait was passed on that would help us. This trait may be beneficial in one enviroment but harmful in a another as we can only reavt to the enviroment. Wouldnt we want to stop specialization so we have the widest arrangement of traits and possibly be able to exist in a broader set of enviroments? Like wouldnt it be more beneficial to have gills as well? We would have an easier time in water which could help with survival but we lost that now. So if the enviroment changed to complete water we would kind of be fucked.
>>
>>131576677
>hought doesn't have a strict scientific definition, it just means awareness if anything
Also, again
>thought doesn't have a strict scientific definition, it just means awareness if anything

These plants need awareness of light to grow towards it, awareness of pollen top accept it, ect ect. The literally move constantly you just can't see it.
>>
>>131576846
fuck I wish europe never discovered african america
>>
>>131577014
see
>>131577013
>>
>>131577013
k so do your cells think about what they're doing when they're digesting burgers? does your fat ever tell you it's been enough?
>>
>>131577074
see
>>131577111
>>
>>131577013
Well, you can as demonstrated in
>>131576674
on the microscopic level.
>>
>>131577111
You entire body is a mass of cells dude.
You are just not understanding what I'm saying to you.
>>
>>131577276
i asked something or did your brain cells thought it wasn't directed at you if jewmeritards even have such a thing
>>
>>131577470
Where did the cells produce the thought from?
You are implying thought, an energy, is being created.
>>
>>131577276
Cells do not think though, you're trying to implying that thinking is acting. It's not. Many forms of life act without thinking, they reproduce, move, eat, produce waste, etc in reaction to outside stimuli rather than some sense of self-determination.
>>
File: nice.jpg (52KB, 640x437px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
52KB, 640x437px
>>131561804
>>
>>131540900
>>131541696
those pictures are hilarious
>>
>>131577564
your brain fucking retard, that's where thought happens. but I know that's a bit difficult to grasp for the freedomburger
>>
>>131577638
They do have a form of thought or they wouldn't be animate stupid.

Again
Thought does not have a strict definition, in this context i use it for whatever is driving the inanimate to become animate and independent in their own movements
>>
>>131549573
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeopteryx
>>
>>131549573
>as I wrote above there is no fossil records showing dinosaurs turning slowly and gradually into birds.

But there litearally is this. There are feathered dinosaurs, then smaller dinosaurs that show tree living and gliding characterisics while still having dinosaur morphology like teeth etc, then primitave birds later on that lose the ground living characteristics. There is litearally tons of evidence for this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_birds
>>
>>131577835
Well external stimuli is not the same as "thought" no matter how many times you reword it, I'm sorry. Plants do not decide to enjoy sunlight, they do it as an evolutionary reaction to an available energy source. Bacteria do not reproduce because they want to, they do so because they have achieved critical mass and cannot expand further, so instead they split as a reaction to the external stimuli of food abundance.
>>
>>131577812
>your brain fucking retard,
You imply energy can be created which is against our understanding of the law and also see
>>131577835
>Thought does not have a strict definition, in this context i use it for whatever is driving the inanimate to become animate and independent in their own movements

At least understand what the fuck I'm talking about when I'm saying the word thought i made this clear here
>>131576183
>>
>>131578102
>external stimuli
thought doesn't have a fucking strict definition.
That can easily fall under a form of thought.
>>
>>131578135
No I don't in fact you are implying it, I've never heard of anything so stupid before.

Did you know the body stores energy that cells use for whatever it is they do?
>>
>>131558562

>ice and snow obviously can't reflect rays of the sun which are already shining bright on their skin since it's still the fucking sun and there is no shade
you ever went on a ski trip?
i literally got a tan last winter while i was on a ski trip.
>>
File: cra.jpg (1MB, 1538x2510px) Image search: [Google]
cra.jpg
1MB, 1538x2510px
>>131545111
>>
>>131578394
>thought(an energy) depends on brains to be created
This is why you sound stupid to me.
Energy can not be created. This is a law in science.

Brains are not the magical instrument in which "thought energy" is suddenly manifested into this word because of a magical evolutionary fart at random decided its genes needed complex human level thought, aka form no where.
>>
>>131578719
>Brains are not the magical instrument in which "thought energy" is suddenly manifested
indeed, it doesn't need magic to do that

I think you should stay out of europe we don't like backwards ideologies
>>
>>131541883
Hahaha this is what op meant.
Baseless faith, which people mock Christians for.
>Muh evolution, but heaven isnt proven
>>
>>131557305

well, what should i believe in?
>>
File: IMG_3394.jpg (50KB, 534x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3394.jpg
50KB, 534x395px
>>131540900
Read the sticky dude
>>
>>131578891
>indeed, it doesn't need magic to do that
Anon, you basically suggest these evolutionary aspects appeared into the gene pool from nowhere. You can not create thought, an energy, from nothing, a brain can not devolve out of nothing, the elements/energy must already be at its disposal(aka exist in this universe) and this includes consciousness.
You basically insist brains are responsible for the creation of an energy(thoughts/human conciseness) when energy can not be created.
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 198x254px
>>131542336
Cant be proven, but muh scientists say so
>Religion cant be proven, dumb jesus fags

See the comparison?
>>
>>131562128

>just close your eyes bruh
>>
File: Emu-9.jpg (224KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Emu-9.jpg
224KB, 500x375px
If you can't see a dinosaur in a bird like this I don't know what to tell ya. Just add arms and a long tail.
>>
>>131578622
Woah so does that mean that Europeans are most likely white is because the climate of Europe is pretty cloudy? I never thought about that
>>
File: 1498523319763.jpg (108KB, 710x532px) Image search: [Google]
1498523319763.jpg
108KB, 710x532px
>>131546315
But the big bang theory is accurate?
>God makes everything out of nothing, stupid
>A big explosion happens and every atom in the universe is created, unlimited mass, unlimited particles all CREATED FROM NOTHING, muh science.

See why you people dont make sense?
>>
>>131578223
>external stimuli
>is thought
Are you seriously for real? You can't just pretend words mean random things especially when we're talking about scientific terms.
>>
>>131579775
It can indeed be called a form of thought. Thought isn't a word with a strict scientific meaning.
>>
>>131579278
>you can not create thought, an energy, from nothing
indeed, that's why we need food for our cells to do things to make our organs function, like the brain allows thought to happen because of the brain cells receiving the energy stored in the body.

If your (or someone who has them) brain cells can't generate thought, which is what you say, how come the cells in your digestive system are able to process food? What process allows any cell in your body to function if you think they don't get their energy from nourishment?

But you don't think do you. You've been trying to prove that you don't posses the ability to think on your own. I'm leaving then, because you're not human by my definition. You're degenerate subhuman filth.
>>
File: 1497958936071.jpg (57KB, 604x523px) Image search: [Google]
1497958936071.jpg
57KB, 604x523px
>>131579527
Why are you trying to reason with these retardsÉ
>>
File: sure.png (29KB, 801x320px) Image search: [Google]
sure.png
29KB, 801x320px
>>131579877
Well now you're just wrong in addition to being stupid.

>pic related, wiki is not a credible source but ffs man, a quick google would tell you that yes, there is a scientific term for thought and it does indeed have a strict meaning. Go be dumb somewhere else.
>>
File: 1496261585987.png (19KB, 620x604px) Image search: [Google]
1496261585987.png
19KB, 620x604px
>>131549082
Are you that guy who posts the albinos were the basis for whites?
>>
>>131580063
For the record, I didn't mean for that screencap to show you a definition. It meant it as instructions for you to follow. Seriously, just type that into google. Go to any page other than wiki, and see for yourself.
>>
>>131579775
That still begs the question how thought is possible or where it came from anon. Its deffinetly energy so it has no creation or destruction. It can change forms, but it isnt any newer or older than any other type of energy because that implies it had a creation outside of other energy forms
>>
>>131576934
>Perfectly describes how evolutiom actually works
>But wouldn't it be better for us if it worked differently?
>Therefore evolution is stupid.

Dude, you almost had it.

Problem is without an authoritarian state strictly controlling who gets to breed, any trait that isn't an active disadvantage gets passed on. So the fact that it might be advantageous for some species-wide reason millions of years down the road is kind of irrelevant.

But if you want a fish person utopia, do your part and start barebacking every webbed footed chick you see.
>>
>>131580074
No those are the poos and nogs.
>>
File: IMG_3395.jpg (20KB, 220x172px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3395.jpg
20KB, 220x172px
>no fossil records
>what is Archeopteryx
It's not just a bird as AiG claims since it has many reptilian features like sharp teeth, claws, etc.
>>
>>131580063
>there is no general consensus as to how we DEFINE or UNDERSTAND it
what? can you not read your own screencap?
>>
File: 1497995949143.jpg (84KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497995949143.jpg
84KB, 700x400px
>>131551291
Attack Americans for being dumb
>We created everything of value, importance, went to the moon and rule the world...
Sorry we cant be like your shit country
>>
>>131579934
>brain allows thought to happen
This implied thought(an energy) is created only when brain has existed, an illogical conclusion considering the laws of energy.
>>
File: 1282116783152.jpg (30KB, 260x274px) Image search: [Google]
1282116783152.jpg
30KB, 260x274px
>>131540900
>>131541696
>>131545111
>>131549082
>>131555999
>>131561804
These memes make me lose my shit everytime. Keep them coming boys
>>
>>131555231
Who are you arguing with?
Is this your first time debating someone?
If so you suck
>Muhhh bill nye, trannys have evolved past penis, sucking dick isnt gay if its a female penis
See if i sound retarded like you it makes no sense
>>
>>131580234
Thought it just a form of energy that we can organize and "read" with our brains. Your computer's CPU receives energy from the power supply to form it's "thoughts," that energy came from a power plant somewhere. The same is true with life, at least life that can think anyways. We get our energy from food and utilized by our cells to communicate with one another.
>>
File: spook me not.jpg (227KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
spook me not.jpg
227KB, 720x540px
>>131580402
IS THAT A REAL SIGN ANON?
>>
>>131580063
Was blowing yourself out a part of your plan?
>NO AGREED CONSENSUS ON HOW WE DEFINE OR UNDERSTAND
>DEFINE
>>
>>131580725
Thought has no agreed definition
>>
File: 1494281371904.png (24KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1494281371904.png
24KB, 600x568px
>>131580552
>>
>>131576934
Creationists are the most retarded people.
> muh God makes us in his image yet you're still a retard
Does that mean God is a retard or fat and austistic?
>>
Evolution proves whites and niggers are different
If you're against evolution you're therefore some marxist retard that don't see race
>>
File: comparison-primate-hands.jpg (43KB, 611x266px) Image search: [Google]
comparison-primate-hands.jpg
43KB, 611x266px
It makes sense to me.
>>
File: 123434432544321.jpg (55KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
123434432544321.jpg
55KB, 540x405px
>>131540900
>all these Eurovolutiontards in this thread
Admit it. The reason your continent is going to hell is because you believe in evolution. Accept Jesus Christ into your life.
>>
>>131577638
Cells are not all the same cells, They have their function, just like a factory, sets of workers doing their job to keep the place going, now if that aint patriotism of the cell i dont know what is.
>>
>>131580961
>>131580933
>>131580399
see
>>131580211
I said it very poorly but what I meant was: Just google it yourself. Check somewhere other than wiki. Your cells do not think, thinking is a process of the brain and a result of consciousness. If you think that environment = thought, then thought is a meaningless word not worth discussing. The only way that thought = environment is that we are a product of our environment, and our thoughts are simply one biological component of us.
>>
>>131580725
And this energy did not become created from nothing with life, it is an energy that always existed. Including consciousness.
>>
>>131580511
>This implied
wrong, I don't do that, you do that.
>an illogical conclusion
Implied by yourself. I have clearly said where the energy comes from that your cells need to function. Your brain's function is, among others, awareness. It is generated by your cells, that's their function, they function because of the energy that you get from food.

End of fucking stories, no mysteries remain.

Don't die from obesity mister "food contains no energy"
>>
File: monkey.png (71KB, 713x570px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.png
71KB, 713x570px
>>131580974
WE
>>
File: 1498451530659.jpg (86KB, 696x665px) Image search: [Google]
1498451530659.jpg
86KB, 696x665px
>>131580755
Yes you can clearly see it with your eyes, and thats using science my friend.
>Now go chop your dick off and fuck niggers cause whites are privileged and bad which is also science according to bill nye. God id dead, and you should be a degenerate pedophile do whatever you want...
>>
>>131581202
I know, biology is amazing! I wish everyone was interested in the insane complexity and marvel inside us and inside all living things.
>>
File: rodent.png (54KB, 683x430px) Image search: [Google]
rodent.png
54KB, 683x430px
>>131581237
WUZ
>>
File: received_10156374633014251.jpg (28KB, 334x427px) Image search: [Google]
received_10156374633014251.jpg
28KB, 334x427px
Jesus I'm just here from /k/ and pol is a fucking trainwreck. This thread is a trainwreck, clear bait. And they say /k/ is the most gullible thread, this is fucking off the charts, weapons grade autism.

Nobody asked me but as long as we're blogging here I just don't see how people take thier religion so seriously. It's impeding to so much, this isn't to say that religion is bad, it's a great thing. Morality, Community outreach, working for the betterment of all, I like it.
Fucking retards on both sides tho
> Earth only 6k years old
> Clear scientific evidence it's older
If anybody asks me for proofs they should fuck off unless they've been to University and taken literally any stem class
On the other hand
> HAHAHAHA STUPID JESUS CUNTS ARE SO DUMB! WHY CANT THEY JUST LIKE GIVE UP. CLEARLY WERE EVOLVED FROM THE CHIMPANZEE!
Fucking stop it. We didnt evolve from chimpanzees we just share a common ancestor, and secondly who cares with someone else believes? As long as it's not seriously impeding you personally then it's live and let fuck off.
It's like your all fucking ten.
> mAh fossils
> My bad scientific arguments that show I'm obviously regurgitating what I saw on Bill Nye
And
> Christ is Lord and your all going to hell, lol what's science?
> can't trust these media devil's, or their scientist friends who want to rule the world together as a hidden cabal.
And both of you
> Duh! Science and religion can't both exist! It says so in my 2000 year old book rewritten and retranslated an infinite amount of times, and my science books that get updated every so often because oops we we're wrong.
Be fucking adults. Think for yourself.
God bless America and the Second Amendment.
Come and take it
>>
>>131581226
And see, just like you, it has no agreed definition?

The original comment you responded was to
>Thought isn't a word with a strict scientific meaning.
To which, you returned in kind with
>Well now you're just wrong in addition to being stupid.
You making a damage control post after you realized your stupidity doesn't really win you any points.
>>
File: lizard.png (50KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
lizard.png
50KB, 600x449px
>>131581398
HOL UP
>>
>>131581231
Consciousness is relatively new (assuming earth has the only / first set of life with consciousness) but the energy has been around basically forever yes. Just in different forms, largely in sunlight form.
>>
>>131581276
You sound like you're sixteen.
>>
>>131581123
The reason Europe went to hell is because you Christian retards decided to let the kikes take over your country, so thanks for that
>>
>>131581599
At least I don't believe in evolution :^)
>>
>>131581472
I am doing a bit of damage control, you're right. I fucked up with my post and the wording I chose. In the scientific field, it has a strict definition, even if all of it's functions aren't fully understood. You can argue the semantics all you want but this is a highly explored field of science and if you care to look into it beyond a skin-level depth you'd see that.
>>
>>131540900
Religious people unironically believe an "intelligent designer would add an appendix that serves no purpose and randomly bursts killing themselves.
>>
File: ancestor.png (505KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
ancestor.png
505KB, 900x675px
>>131581510
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>131581276
This is why (((they))) push evolution to get more kids to be fags, and all those pushers really are just pedophiles
>>
>>131581226
You literally called him wrong and stupid for his post (that said thought doesnt have A STRICT SCIENTIFIC MEANING mind you)after posting a screencap of something that said thought has no agreed definition.

You are so full of shit, stop damage controlling.
>>
File: fish.png (124KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
fish.png
124KB, 900x675px
>>131581817
>>
>>131544909
smelly dumb reddit scum
>>
>>131581547
>Consciousness is relatively new
Wrong as this implies it is a energy that was created, all energy already is in this universe.
Nothing new is added.
>>
>>131581766
You believe niggers and whites are the same?
You filthy marxist
>>
File: 256.png (20KB, 64x124px) Image search: [Google]
256.png
20KB, 64x124px
>evolution isn't real
So what you are saying is that every single species alive today, existed since life began with every other species that are now extinct??
>>
>>131581817
WE WUZ T-REX AND SHIEET
>>
File: 1497317708702.jpg (29KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
1497317708702.jpg
29KB, 480x451px
>>131581596
Coming from a nazi larper, thats hilarious
>hey hitler didnt believe in evolution, but that a white god pooped out aryans
>>
>>131540900
The same shitty thread everyday
>>
>>131581804
It's all god's plan :)))))))))))
>>
>>131581976
It doesn't imply that at all, energy changes forms all the time. E=MC2 states so very clearly. Our consciousness is just a form of energy that our biological computers can read and write to.
>>
File: pene.png (117KB, 639x646px) Image search: [Google]
pene.png
117KB, 639x646px
>>131582004
my ancestor : )
>>
>>131581987
plus there can be no such thing as genetic variation. individuals are just an illusion. don't worry about racemixing, it's just a conspiracy.
>>
>>131582137
It does, all energy and matter already exists, changing from is not destruction, it is not creation.

When you imply consciousness only existed when brains evolved, it implied this energy was created rather than always existed with every other form of energy/matter.
>>
>>131581866
I guess we're just mixing terms then. Because thought / thinking is a process of the brain. Thinking involves planning and using previous knowledge to achieve goals. Plants don't even have goals, they don't have the tools to even fathom what a goal is. Instead, they are highly complex biotic machinery capable of reacting to stimuli.

Is your computer living? Because according to the guy who thinks thought = environmental stimuli, technically it is. So are rocks, planets and everything else that reacts to external stimuli.
>>
>>131582425
stop saying consciousness is an energy.

your cells use energy that comes from nourishment to enable your conscious mind. your brain does this.
it can be proven by not eating. you will pass out.
but your flag tells me you're more likely to pass out from overeating.
>>
>>131582520
Humans have a more complex thought than animals.
Computers ARE thinking, they do not have free will or imagination, more complex levels of thought.
>>
>>131582721
>stop saying consciousness is an energy.
It is.
Cells, aka matter, are also energy. Literally NOTHING in this universe ISNT energy.
>>
>>131582425
Maybe that's what you're getting from what I'm saying, but that's not what I'm trying to say. Our brains evolved so big and large as to accommodate consciousness because of an abundance of food. In early evolution, this food was simple sunlight but later in evolution diets became complex.
>However, all food = sunlight because of the food chain, eventually at the bottom is plants, who consume sunlight to get their energy.
This is the energy that becomes your consciousness and powers your being. It was never created nor destroyed, it just moved around and changed forms a lot.
>>
>>131582791
I fucking know that you god forsaken imbecile.
>>
>>131582843
Then why THE FUCK would you EVER say consciousness isnt an energy?
Does it exist? Its fucking energy.
>>
>>131582736
Computers do not think, they only follow exact instructions. Our brains are able to rewire themselves constantly to allow for new ideas, a computer cannot. It'll be interesting to see where the line of "what is life, and was it not" will be drawn when we actually do make AI capable of independent thought though.

Also, it just occurred to me where we might be getting mixed up, I should've included the term "independent" thought. Obviously no plant can do that.
>>
>>131583061
>Computers do not think, they only follow exact instructions
Aka think.
You're thinking of free will, the ability to choose what you do.
>>
>>131583046
it's the result of energy being utilized goy
>>
>>131541696
Thanks for posting my OC, I've been posting this in every thread I could and finally I'm seeing it posted. Thank you
>>
>>131583150
I'm sorry, but I simply disagree with your definition of think. Thinking and acting are not the same thing whether you like it or not. A computer acts and reacts, a tree acts and reacts, all to external stimuli. That's not thinking, it is simply acting.
>>
>>131583726
Again, these words don't have strict definitions. I use it as a blanket term for anything that is animate(life) compared to inanimate.
>>
>>131583885
Then what do you call the act of formulating a thought within the human brain, then?
What do you call a thought?
If the terms thinking and thought are not applicable here, please tell me which scientific terms are so we can avoid having this chat next time.
>>
>>131583885
>i make up my own meaning for words
and this is why you're an idiot
>>
>>131583726
I think youre still salty about earlier leaf.
You have a very shitty definition of the word thought. A computer is THINKING it just doesnt have FREE WILL.
A computer/machine is used to THINK for us in certain tasks actually like calculators.
>>
>>131584092
I'm not, I still use it in a meaning thats reasonable, I just don't think acting and moving aren't possible without thought.
>>
>>131584325
>I just don't think acting and moving aren't possible without thought
holy shit that's retarded
>>
>>131584084
Inside a HUMAN brain?
I would call this thought, to be more specific, Human consciousness, imagination, ect.
Thought is what drives life, what separates the animate from the inanimate. A form of awareness of the environment that allows it to move, feed, breed, photosynthesis, ect rocks wouldn't have.

Could I use a better word? Sure. If i know one that conveys exactly what I'm trying to tell you. Soul? Most people will assume i mean something whimsical and not chemical processes.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.