[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetical: Anthony Kennedy steps down and Trump replaces him

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 2516463136251.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
2516463136251.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Hypothetical: Anthony Kennedy steps down and Trump replaces him with another Justice.

October comes and the Supreme Court rules on the Travel Ban.

Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch and the New Judge vote in favor of the Ban.

Ginsburg, Kagan, Sotomayor, and Breyer vote against it.

John Roberts is the tie-breaker. How would he vote?
>>
i think you know the answer
>>
>>131522735
Bush era republicans can't be trusted though..
>>
9-0 for partial reinstatement while the SCOTUS prepares says it's not gonna be the knucklebiting tie we expected. These guys know their names are attached to their decisions and that the ramifications are studied deeply... They'll be more inclined to actually follow the law
>>
>>131522296
Replace him with Obama

>The court is already right slanted so the balance remains the same
>obama is a constitutional scholar and liberals can't argue against it
>obama is now removed from the main political scene for the rest of his whole life

Then Ginsberg croaks in a year or two and you put a super conservative on the bench

You literally politically eliminate obamas for the bext 20-30 years
>>
>>131522296
It will be 9-0 upholding the ban. The law is very clear on Trumps authority to do what he did. The 9th circuit is a far left activist court that has no interest in properly interpreting the law. They get something like 80% of their decisions overturned that go to SCOTUS. Just because the media screams UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!! over and over doesn't make it true
>>
>>131523105
Obama will be politically elimitated either by criminal charges or by his legacy becoming tarnished beyond all repair. Its already over for Obongo
>>
>>131523105
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read here
>>
>>131523105
you think that'll stop him from being a political commentator? Also, why add a liberal judge as bad as ginsberg just to try to get rid of someone from talking politics?
>>
>>131523105
Ted Cruz should be the super conservative one. No obstruction in the 2020 primaries then.
>>
File: IMG_0114.jpg (145KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0114.jpg
145KB, 1024x512px
>>131522296

Do (((they))) stil have the (((video))) of him?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.