[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Look anon, it's time to start getting on with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: boomer couple.jpg (2MB, 1732x1155px) Image search: [Google]
boomer couple.jpg
2MB, 1732x1155px
>"Look anon, it's time to start getting on with your life"
>"Your fathers right -- you need to get a job and start contributing something to society. You're on that computer all day, its no wonder you haven't got a girlfriend."
>"Now, now... print off some resumes, go to some stores tomorrow and ask for the manager. Stand tall and shake his hand firmly. Employers like a man with gumption, son."
>"He didn't even call back the other places he applied to follow-up. It's like he doesn't even want a job."
>"Everyone needs a job, son. I didn't go to college but I did alright for myself. I supported you, your mother and I by working hard."
>>
>>131512135
g-grumption?
>>
>>131512135
>ask for the manager. Stand tall and shake his hand firmly.

Had a proper job for years now but I still remember thinking this was true and making a fucking ass of myself.
>>
File: dad.jpg (103KB, 758x750px) Image search: [Google]
dad.jpg
103KB, 758x750px
>>131512285
"You know, son -- sticktoitiveness! Sending resumes over the internet is just silly. Real business is done belly-to-belly!"
>>
>>131512846
Its pretty fucking hard to reach some people not through the internet or the phone, even for some basic shit like fast food. I've been bothering this one place for weeks and even talked to the manager a few times and only just now got an interview, and I had to annoy the fuck out of him even after he said he was going to look at his schedule and set something up with me. I wish jobs were still gotten face to face and not all this jumping through hoops bullshit. You can tell who I am and how i work from an interview alot better than you can looking at my resume
>>
>>131513251
The average employer suffers from the same autism as the rest of society. If it isn't in an email feed, it isn't considered important. They don't like talking face to face and would rather text out directives instead of actually having presence.
>>
>>131512846

He's right.

You'd be surprised how right your parents are.
>>
>>131513800
Dad?
>>
>>131513781
It seems like it, most places are better off if they don't have an HR department I feel. I was volunteering at a hospital lab for the longest time and applied to over 25 entry level jobs at the hospital and trying to advance any of them was a complete nightmare. I had to sneak around the HR department to try and find these people to talk to because my paid coworkers told me it could take up to 6 months for anything. You would think they wouldn't actively get in the way of someone trying to get a low level job at a hospital when they have spent 8 months of the free time there volunteering.
>>
>>131512135
>ask the manager and shake his hand

Haha what a joke. If anyone did that to me I'd tell them to fuck off and not even consider their resume. Want a job at my place? Go through the proper channels when we are hiring and show you can adhere to process and not cut the queue in an attempt to "wow" me with your fake eagerness to work.
>>
>>131514325
It's called free labour or "volunteering" which is a complete joke and waste of time. Want exp? Then you better be paid for it.
>>
>>131512445

I'm a young dude who found my first major office job in New York by doing this. I met the people who helped me land jobs at major firms in the city through this first job, and now I'm going to Yale Law in the fall.

Fuck worrying about "making an ass of yourself" - do what the fuck you need to do to get ahead.
>>
>>131514597
some careers like science or health you have to get experience in the field while in college to be even remotely qualified for higher education or a job. Internships aren't nearly as popular as say engineering or something else
>>
>>131512135
I got home from college at 22, and couldn't fine a job "worthy" of my degree. I walked into my local auto parts store, and asked if they were hiring drivers. They gave me an application, I went to lunch and filled it while I ate. I brought back to the store, and I was hired on the spot.

I've had worse minimum wage jobs. I delivered parts to local garages so I didn't have to deal with anyone most of the day. When I wasn't driving, I was doing stock. The work environment was all male, lots of fun ball-busting. I worked 6 days a week, and saved 15,000 dollars by the next summer. By the time I finished, I had been made a weekend manager, and could now list "management experience" on my resume. I eventually quit on good terms, and moved on to business school.

ANY job is a good job. Being out of the house, making money, even if it's shit money, and just having to spill your wheels every day does something psychologically. Opportunities start to compound.

I guarantee you can get a job as a driver somewhere. Just do it. Weirdly, things will start to fall into place after a while.

Oh yeah, and fuck boomers. If they give you shit, and say you should be a VP of marketing and making 70k right out of school, tell them they're full of shit, and to stop giving opinions from 1975.
>>
Compulsory post in these threads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5AkBBQWZR4
>>
File: 200292993993.jpg (433KB, 1080x933px) Image search: [Google]
200292993993.jpg
433KB, 1080x933px
>>131512135

So you're shitposting the conversation you just had with your parents, but why?
>>
>>131512135
B...but I have a job wh...what are you doing in my house guys?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.