[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/fFoXyFmmGBQ Why does the government fuck so

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: edjsz6yzvuhbzo2mi5lt.jpg (9KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
edjsz6yzvuhbzo2mi5lt.jpg
9KB, 800x450px
https://youtu.be/fFoXyFmmGBQ

Why does the government fuck so much shit up? You Americans could all have the best healthcare but the government stepped in and fucked you over.
>>
>>131469733
Begins with a J and rhymes with ooze.
>>
>>131469823
It figures. While healthcare here in Canada is slow, it's not expensive. There you guys have to deal with exorbant costs just because the government decided that it was best to fuck with the free market, which was making doctors insanely cheap and promoting competition.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170625-224520.png (351KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170625-224520.png
351KB, 1280x720px
Its just fucking stupid, man. Pisses me off
>>
>>131470075
How much do you pay a month for it? I pay like 1.5x my monthly internet fees for the plan I chose, it's set up so that I take care of little things, and if something stupid expensive happens then it takes care of me.

So far it's worked well the few times I've had to used it.
>>
>>131470617
If you make 50k+ you pay, under that you don't pay for healthcare.
>>
>>131471051
You can get basic coverage that doesn't include dental or medication for $118 dollars for an entire family
>>
>>131471051
I had a friend who wound up with $100k+ in expenses after getting hit by a car. After he got taken care of no questions asked, he was able to apply for a federal grant to cover it after demonstrating he had no way to pay. It's not like the US doesn't have ways to work things out for people who can't afford much.

>>131471197
I don't know what "basic" means, but $118/mo for a family sounds like a pretty darn good deal if it's for US levels of health care. You're not wrong saying that we're overcharged for what we get, particularly in the pill department (it's like Jewish loans where you just keep collecting free interest forever, since the pills almost never actually cure anything.)
>>
>>131471197
a month*

but there isn't a limit on how many people in a family I think. It covers everything from surgery to checkups or emergency services
>>
>>131471438
The only problem is that we are slow. You can be waiting months to get a surgery, but you'll get it for cheap.
>>
>>131471592
If I wanted non-urgent surgery soon and cheap, I'd probably think about going to Mexico. I guess it all depends on what kind of surgery you'd have to wait for.
>>
>>131471592
mind you, not if it's urgent. If it's urgent you'll get it right away.
>>
>>131471991
I waited around 5 months to get my tonsils out when I was a kid, so there's an example
>>
>>131471051
that's not entirely true. there isn't just one set fee/deduction that funds healthcare here. it is derived from taxes and transfer payments across a variety of sources. while low income owners contribute less, in real terms everyone pays and it's really expensive especially for what we get in return per dollar spent.

>>131470617
this anon probably pays less for his policy than we do indirectly for ours and gprobably gets better coverage.
>>
>>131472118
Yeah, see that's the kind of thing where I don't mind it being a little more expensive. Maybe it's too expensive and a broken system, but I can schedule things that aren't pretty much just elective like I call to make an appointment to see the dentist.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.