[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you guys ever just take a break from the politics train? Every

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: dip out.jpg (142KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
dip out.jpg
142KB, 500x336px
do you guys ever just take a break from the politics train?
Every few months I just get sick of it and dip out, just dont follow any news at all and I'm always much happier for it. But then I start to feel bad because its sort of an ignorance is bliss type of deal.

idk I just feel like I have 0 power to control anything that really happens in the big picture so I'm getting to the stage where I'm thinking why should I give a fuck? I'd rather just focus on myself and my family.
>>
If I stopped following politics I would literally have nothing else in my life. Nothing. No family, no friends, no hobbies, all I have is /pol/.
>>
File: 1473347721693.jpg (42KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
1473347721693.jpg
42KB, 500x488px
>>131340287
How do you take breaks from something you believe in from the very depths of your heart?

This is who I am 24/7
>>
>>131340520
Well I guess thats a reason to continue, but have you considered just getting another hobby? I got into metal working and cycling so I spend most of my time reading on that now instead.

>>131340733
don't you get burned out that it just seems to be an overwhelming current of shit? So much absolute nonsense becoming mainstream, just a shitshow.

I'm getting tired of caring about it
>>
>>131340520

Same. Recently started playing with cryptocurrency and blogging which helped my self esteem and hope for my future.
>>
>>131341111
>hope for my future.
that is what has been the kicker for me, i felt helpless having access to all the crap in the world.

Now i just try my best to shut it out and focus on work, fun and family. Politics really, really have little impact in your actual day to day life.. I figured whats the point of gettng mad at something that I wont even know exists if I just turn off the news?
>>
>>131341444

Looking at the bond market yield curve, there is a major global economic depression on the horizon.

If you can afford to throw a grand in bitcoin, do it and forget it's there.

You'll have enough money to make a difference just from that alone within 5 years.
>>
>>131342956
>If you can afford to throw a grand in bitcoin, do it and forget it's there.
No thanks.
Investing in phantom bucks is senseless when the grid fails. Banks and governments don't recognize bitcoin. Buy gold. At least you can hold it in your hand.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.