[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts _and_trials/no-courthous

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: WacoGay.jpg (1002KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
WacoGay.jpg
1002KB, 4032x3024px
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/no-courthouse-weddings-in-waco-for-same-sex-couples-years/article_20244def-13f3-579f-a0d9-004618c56afb.html

Only one Waco-based justice of the peace has been doing any civil weddings since the high court decided Obergefell vs. Hodges on July 26, 2015, and she said she will only do a wedding between a man and a woman.

Justice of the Peace Dianne Hensley said she initially chose not to do weddings at all after the Supreme Court decision, as did some other JPs in the county, including her colleague, Precinct 1 Place 2 Judge Pete Peterson.

She said that as a “Bible-believing” Christian, her conscience also prohibits her from doing same-sex weddings, and she thinks she is entitled to a “religious exemption.” She said that on a couple of occasions, her office has told same-sex couples that the judge was not available and gave them a list of locals who would officiate a same-sex wedding, including ministers and Precinct 3 JP David Pareya, who is based in West.

Hensley said she does not remember the source of the legal precedent for such an allowance. She said she is familiar with Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s controversial and nonbinding memo following the 2015 Supreme Court decision.

Carmen Saenz, founder and leader of the local LGBT advocacy group InterWaco, said she found out about Hensley’s stance last October, when her friend David Garcia got married to a woman in Hensley’s court. Saenz said she later asked Hensley during a phone call whether she would take LGBT couples.

“I said, ‘As a lesbian, you would not marry me?’ and she said, ‘That’s right,’” Saenz recalled.

Saenz said that when she objected, saying such a position is against the law, Hensley said, ‘So sue me.’”

“She needs to find another job, then,” Garcia said. “You’re an elected official. If you want to live in a theocracy, then move to Iran. You’re sworn to uphold the Constitution, not the Bible.
>>
>>131302943
bump
>>
>>131302943
Who would want a giant ass billboard in their front yard?
>>
File: 1403026527695.jpg (88KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1403026527695.jpg
88KB, 500x359px
>>131302943
I never completely understood this about gay "rights". Like I understand that they do this shit for attention, sympathy, and lawsuit bucks, but wouldn't you, as a gay couple, want to patronize a business or get married by someone who actually wants to work with you? Like the cake fiasco, I would think that you'd want someone who actually wanted to bake a cake for you, rather than force a "bigot" to do it. Wouldn't you want someone who actually wants to marry you too, rather than force someone who is against it to, especially when there's plenty of options out there that are more than willing. If the only person that could do it was a justice of the peace then that's one thing, but I'm sure that's not the case.
>>
>>131305302
I never understood why people think their religion usurps secular law in a secular country. Especially for individuals who are funded by taxpayers but feel they don't have to obey laws they don't personally like.
>>
File: 1495642503523.png (59KB, 720x377px) Image search: [Google]
1495642503523.png
59KB, 720x377px
>>131305415
I feel that we have gotten to far away from basic freedomsin this country. Although I also feel that you should be able to deny anyone service for any reason(race, sex, religion), and let the free market determine the success of the business.
>>
>>131302943
bump
>>
>>131304544

It could pay for your mortgage, I guess
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.