[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up with all the religion-apologists here on /pol/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 0024MAN-Antinous.jpg (581KB, 743x990px) Image search: [Google]
0024MAN-Antinous.jpg
581KB, 743x990px
What's up with all the religion-apologists here on /pol/? Somehow you think that Christianity is good, even though obviously false, because it is good for society. Why do you think it's good for society? Because it prevents people from being degenerate and nihilistc? Religion is more nihilistic than atheism. Everything is settled in the afterlife and god makes everything all right. He punishes the sinners and rewards the ones whose life has been unfair. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you follow the commandments, it's good for you to stay out of all conflicts because there is a chance that God finds your enemy to be morally right and therefore punishes you, but there is no chance of him punishing you if you just stay out of it all.
>>
>>131227212
Your calendar is Catholic.

Inter Gravissimas. The Roman calendar was retarded.
>>
File: 1494557956508.jpg (320KB, 600x941px) Image search: [Google]
1494557956508.jpg
320KB, 600x941px
>>131227212

>t. messy room
>>
>>131227418
I respect and have watched most of Jordans lectures, and have cleaned my room. But he's not a fucking Guru or a genius, and it's obvious his religious tendencies come from early childhood brainwashing and he went to a catholic school. Even Jordan Peterson does not believe in christianity but when asked about his belief he says that he "wishes to live like god is real"; because he thinks this is good for society. I just want to know why.
>>
>>131227418
>>131227660
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIh1xQiuI8
>>
>>131227660

You need motivation to do stuff and religion gives you that motivation. Religion is not nihilistic, that's retarded. When drowning in nihilism you lack motivation to do whatever.
>>
>>131227418
https://youtu.be/VPIh1xQiuI8?t=54
>>
>>131227762
So it's not the moral obligations you're afraid of losing by losing religion, but it's the motivational one? Seems fair. Dumb people might think life is dull if they aren't allowed to utilize their archaic religions because, lacking any intellect at all, finding value in how beautiful existence is becomes a concept too advanced to grasp.
>>
I will let a "redpill" in your thread of pseudophilosophy bullshit:

Abortions are stealthy witchcraft.
>>
>>131228022
Yee abortions aren't all that great and you can be against them without being religious. A better argument than the good ol' man in the sky thing would be to just say that it's irresponsible and disgusting and that people should learn how to use contraceptive instead of killing babies with a heartbeat.
>>
>>131227999

It's not about life being dull desu, if that's what you were implying, it's about having motivation to sacrifice yourself in order to get benefits later on that sort of less have the same weight as the sacrifices made. This of course only happens if you have a comfortable life. With religion your benefits are infinite so your motivation is much greater. It doesn't have anything to do with intellect, the lack of motivation comes from too much rationalization.
>>
>>131228400

more or less*
>>
>>131228400
If it is something you believe in, you'll sacrifice yourself for it anyways. Religion can only help you sacrifice yourself to something which you do not want.
>>
What if you kill a baby before it has the chance to sin, wouldn't it just go instantly to heaven? wouldn't that be doing the kid a favour?
>>
>>131227212
>because it is good for society

While I believe religion is in fact good for society, the reason I am religious is because I believe in God. That's it. If He ends up being more or less happy/upset with my life after I die and rewards/punishes me accordingly, it's really besides the point. I don't weigh the pros and cons because I accept that God exists and I should worship Him, period.

And how is religion more nihilistic than atheism? Atheism means you could just rape and loot and kill and rape again without any consequences other than what would happen if you get caught.
>>
>>131229571
You have to baptize it first then kill it tho but you're correct
>>
>>131228975

It makes you think you want it more than you actually do, but even without religion you still want it. You just don't want it enough that it motivates you to sacrifice for it.

I kind of agree with it but I can't make myself larp as a religious person no matter how much Petey twists it around. Maybe religion is good for those who don't want anything else than what they already have.
>>
>>131227212
When they seek salvation, it means they gladly die because they think life is meaningless, so yeah religion is nihilist by nature.
>>
File: Villa_adriana_canopos.jpg (314KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
Villa_adriana_canopos.jpg
314KB, 800x560px
>>131227999
>lacking any intellect at all, finding value in how beautiful existence is becomes a concept too advanced to grasp.
I do now realize that the last part of that post was way too pretentious and was just me practicing on my hard english words. I'm too tired for this boys good night. Sleep tight. Hope we one day will all be apex humans and just live in peace and happiness without the need for artificial stories about our existence
>>
>>131230233

kisses
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.