[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>6 months ago meet with american reps in our office >they're

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: wagie wagie.png (265KB, 556x382px) Image search: [Google]
wagie wagie.png
265KB, 556x382px
>6 months ago meet with american reps in our office
>they're suprised that I as a junior developer has my own office
>1 month ago
>meet on their turf
>they literally have a cubicle office landscape

Why do Americans do this? I have never once seen this in Europe. Open office landscapes I've seen, especially in ""creative"" jobs, but never cubicles.
>>
>>131151609
>has
have
>>
> own office > cubicle > open office
>>
I would prefer a cubicle over an open office to be honest, every day I seethe having to look at my co workers.
>>
>>131151722
Yes, but I would imagine those with cubicles have even worse organizational cultures than ones with open offices though
>>
privacy
>>
>>131151609
Americans are all masochists that enjoy shit work conditions. Same goes for their work week and always-connected work culture.
>>
Open office here, I'd prefer my own little cube
>>
>>131151609
>I have never once seen this in Europe
Baby's first job thinks every office is like his.
>>
>>131152015
i've worked in both and i prefer the open structure. theres less privacy, but it made it significantly easier to just roll your chair over to another desk and communicate with team members.
depends largely on how much interaction you need, i suppose
>>
Americans have contempt for programmers.
>>
>>131151609
have my own 20ft x 10ft office with allocated city centre parking and free coffee coz I worth it.
>>
>>131152015
Same, have to wear headphones all day for some fucking peace.
>>
>>131152015
This. Open offices are too distracting. Even when wearing headphones.
>>
>>131151609
Cubicle life is top comfy.

>back to everyone so you can go the day without having to greet everyone that walks by
>converse with neighbors when you want to be social but can just as easily not talk
>easy to put your personal effects on the
malleable walls

Only downsides are no windows and the bossman can see what's on your computer when he walks past.
>>
File: 1486785714247.jpg (27KB, 510x275px) Image search: [Google]
1486785714247.jpg
27KB, 510x275px
What's it like owning an office? NEET here, this idea that having two shitposting stations instead of just one confounds me.
>>
>>131151609
I miss my office.
Gonna have to create one at home
>>
Personal office master race, here.
Not only that, but I'm the only one in my department on my shift.
I'm also highly undisciplined with a shit work-ethic, as i pretty much only exist in my job because my experience looks really good on paper.
Hell, I've been directly told to NOT do my job in many cases, as it makes everyone else's job much more difficult.
These factors produce a very dejected me. I pretty much get paid to sit in my own office and browse /pol/.
megacush.
>>
I prefer open offices. It reminds me of uni when i studied in the computer labs and could chat with friends.
>>
>>131151609
Their HRS is horrible
>Get bought by useless burgers
>GFTO
Trust me, there is nothing of value for you there, also they fucking suck at coding. They only care about middle bosses and shit like that

My prev workplace got bought, and guess what it didn't take even a year after I quit and they went down the shitter. They lit can into what they are doing, just mouthing
>>
>>131151609
Offices are for cucks. I work from home with my own business. I am too right wing with 0 fucks given to have to deal with fat beta males and whining women.
>>
>>131155402
This, burgers don't have offices... they have cells
>>
>Work in open office
>QA team had a few acquisitions, grew in size, they clique up
>Start talking about leftist politics all day, very loudly
>3-4 devs quit, one after the other
>I'm about ready to hand in my resignation as well
>Management realized what had happened, break up the QA team, spread them around
>Get offered my own comfy office to stay
Turned out better than expected
>>
>>131155402
home office is best office, I'll admit to that.
You work most productive too without all the cucks spamming you all day with useless shit they can find out for them self
>anon what is this lambda thing
>anon what does this code do, it's new we didn't learn this at school
>anon anon anon
REEE
>Those who can't hit the nail on the head with a hammer, should not into hammers
>>
>>131151609

Open office is shit.

I want my privacy. You would have to pay me 25% more to work in an open office.
>>
>>131151869

Not a chance.

Open offices have people bothering you all the fucking time. You can't get anything done and the social game becomes everything.
>>
>>131152082
this.
>>
>having a job
LOL
>>
>>131151609

>tfw when "open office" means i share room with 2 4 other dudes and 1 chick
>tfw when talking about crypto coins and possible investments half of the day
>tfw when making typical frat jokes about women and chick has to deal with it

feels good
>>
>>131156593
>tfw when making typical frat jokes about women and chick has to deal with it

literally any non-streetshitting country has laws against this, bruh
>>
>>131156925
>Switzerland
>non streetshitting country
Pick one
>>
>>131156925
No they fucking dont

And only the most cucked senior management would report you. This is why software/physics prof/investments/military are the only jobs where free speech will exist in ten years
>>
>>131151609
Accounting and control had cubicles in the big American company i worked in in France.
>>
>>131156925
no they fucking dont.

it depends on

a) size of company, and
b) county. switzerland is not as cucked as US. women were only allowed to vote in all of switzerland in 1991, so were far behind the curve
>>
File: 1444002176356.jpg (263KB, 1200x756px) Image search: [Google]
1444002176356.jpg
263KB, 1200x756px
>>131152897
>Hell, I've been directly told to NOT do my job in many cases, as it makes everyone else's job much more difficult.

how do I get that job...
>>
>open office
>DUDE COLLABORATION LMAO

Nigga you can still collaborate with a fucking cubicle
>>
File: IMG_1284.png (222KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1284.png
222KB, 600x600px
i'm engineer, we have these huge spacious U-desks cubes, tons of desk space, really good chairs, can convert to standing desk on request. floor-ceiling windows around the perimeter of the office, my desk is at the end of a row so i've got a great view. i put a little space heater and comfy footrest under there as well.

i dont intend to stay there much longer but as long as you've got a classy cube, cubin' it up aint bad
>>
>>131158304
best of all is we work with OPSEC stuff so the whole point is privacy. very chill place, nobody talks politics past some light jokes here and there.
>>
My company forces you to work from home a few days per week.

>no boss to watch you
>no commute
>sitting in comfy pajamas
>don't have to interact with other people

It's the dream.
>>
Programmer here, I recommended to my boss that we have an open circular office. Sorry if interacting with your team makes aspies uncomfortable.
>>
>>131152161
You mean code monkeys.
>>
File: 1495752766856.jpg (98KB, 1158x718px) Image search: [Google]
1495752766856.jpg
98KB, 1158x718px
>>131151609
esl teacher here

have spacious classroom all to myself, three big fucking windows where i can look out at the mountains, get to leave for lunch, three weeks vacation paid, hot gf

drink excessively too
>>
File: #1worstenemies.png (2MB, 1102x901px) Image search: [Google]
#1worstenemies.png
2MB, 1102x901px
>>131151609
traitors hang first
>>
Having your own office is pretty rare for staff in the UK, open offices are now the norm, outside of finance or law etc.
>>
>>131157599
i saw someone sitting/slouching/lying a bit like that in an airport recently
wouldn't have been so bad but they were in the little corridor that led to the toilets
i mean why
i made sure i kicked him on the way in and the way out
>>
>>131159799
i feel asleep in the hallway at college once, woke up with about 25 people surrounding me and apparently i had been snoring very loudly. i was so tired i didn't even care; might have even had a bit of the morning wood, i dare you to find someone cooler than me
>>
There are worse hells than having a cube. Sharing a "private" office with an officemate and open office plans are misery incarnate.
>>
>>131152897
Exactly the same for me but I work in an open office so I am sweaty all the time. My asshole is extremely sweaty right now.
>>
>>131159184
>wanting a holocaust every time flu season comes around
>more distractions
stop it
>>
>>131160556
> french sweaty asshole

is it like rotten cheese and vinegar ?
>>
File: suiseiseki_1410[2].jpg (40KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
suiseiseki_1410[2].jpg
40KB, 398x398px
>>131151609
what are cubicle jobs even like?

do they pay a decent salary? or are they hourly workers for about 10.50 an hour
asking for a friend
>>
>>131158304
>bringing a space heater to the office
are you a woman?
>>
>>131158304
typical small/medium office set up in US $200k, same Australia $10k - explain
>>
>>131161126
>what are cubicle jobs even like?
>do they pay a decent salary? or are they hourly workers for about 10.50 an hour
>asking for a friend

Depends entirely upon the work being undertaken. If it's a call centre then job is shit and pay is worse.

If it's a software company then both are great.

Open plan offices are still a nightmare though. Too noisy, too crowded and germs spread like wildfire.
>>
>>131156557
time for the beach lad ;)
>>
>>131159896
no i meant some idiot with a laptop. of course it was a fucking macbook
falling asleep is cool anywhere. at a party at a friend's place a while ago i was pretty drunk so i curled up on top of the fridge and napped for a couple of hours. i had one of those momentary panics when you wake up and don't know where you are and i bashed my head on the ceiling
>>
>>131161599
alright thanks senpai. its too bad i don't have any skills for a salary position
i mean my friend
>>
File: fuckmylifeup.jpg (139KB, 970x594px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmylifeup.jpg
139KB, 970x594px
>>131151609
better than my situation
>>
>>131151609
Nice flag you retarded fucking faggot
>>
>>131151609
>Why do Americans do this?
Same reason animals are battery farmed.
>>
File: I_can_has_cheezburger.jpg (101KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
I_can_has_cheezburger.jpg
101KB, 750x563px
>>131151609
>I has
>>
>>131157561
So your country is going to go to suit in 20 years
>>
>>131151609
>office work
what's it like being unable to move freely throughout the day? don't you get anxious and antsy? don't you get bored of the monotony of being in the same environment all day every day?
>>
Cubicle > Open office by a mile.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.