[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about censorship done by private entities like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1474514823118.png (428KB, 1019x802px) Image search: [Google]
1474514823118.png
428KB, 1019x802px
What do you think about censorship done by private entities like 4chan? (1st amendment doesn't apply, yadda yadda) Should they shut down political discussion on boards like /tv/?
>>>/tv/84234356
>>
File: poljew.jpg (418KB, 1360x1103px) Image search: [Google]
poljew.jpg
418KB, 1360x1103px
>>131139886
free speech is a principle, not just "a law that protects you from persecution by government", as so many claim today as a means of delegitimizing censorship grievances.

im a libertarian, but when all of our open discourse in the modern world is on the internet and specifically on social media or websites like 4chan, it's hard to deny that when they censor, they're doing a tremendous harm to humanity, whether or not they're censoring the ideas i "agree with" or not.

it's even worse for a board like /pol/, which literally owes its existence to freedom of speech, to censor in the way they sometimes do.

there needs to be a place for discourse somewhere. real. true. open discourse. really, for the future of mankind. it's just about the only thing that can save us. and at the end of the day, much of the censorship done on 4chan is agenda related.

pic very, very related :(
>>
>>131139886
it's a loophole exploited by liberals in order to make 1984 a reality
>>
>>131140325
my point with this graphic isn't the jooish thing either (though i think it's relevant, i guess), but just a lot of the people in moderator positions are people specifically with agendas, pushing, prodding, trying to see how to control people or how to sell things to them.

it's a rule of nature that the people with the agendas make their ways into moderator positions. people who want desperately to change or destroy the fabric of society (SJW's), people who are trying to keep their finger on the pulse of america (advertizers or analytics companies, like above) or groups studying organizational psychology, which is basically the study of how to control and enslave people (tavistock institute).

it's just a problem. a real problem. a real threat to free speech and discourse. and it does happen here despite the claim "we believe in free speech" in the rules section
>>
>>131139886
Bump
>>
>>131140325
>>131140697
like i don't think the guy is a joo shill just because he works for a company founded in israel. but why is he here? why is it always people who are involved in businesses like those that end up in moderator positions? ask yourself that. nobody is just volunteering to donate their time for no reason. they either want control or they want to learn / study something about you. fact of nature. that's why mod abuse is always ubiquitous
>>
>>131139886
I feel like a new social media site should pop up advertising free speech. That's what voat is, and liberals/redditors hate it and try to label it a nazi site as much they can. It needs more support.
>>
>>131140819
>>131140697
>>131140325
also i didn't make that infographic, that's been passed around here and ive seen it a few times. anyway, im done replying now. i've said my piece OP
>>
>What do you think about censorship done by private entities like 4chan?
Depends on what kind of community you want to create. If your community is supposedly a place for "free discussion" then you shouldn't be banning people for freely discussing things just because they say things you don't agree with. 4chan is pretty good about letting people just talk about whatever as long as they stay on topic for the board.

>(1st amendment doesn't apply, yadda yadda)
Free speech is an idea that's bigger than one amendment in one country's constitution, even more so on the Internet where not all of us are from the United States.

>Should they shut down political discussion on boards like /tv/?
Yeah, they should keep the board on-topic as much as possible. If you want to discuss politics, you can always post here on /pol/.
>>
>>131139886
1 post by this ID, fuck all leafs.
>>
>>131140836
+1
Voat is the Reddit that Reddit should have been.
>>
>>131139886
A leaf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zDqmedFE_Q
>>
>>131139886
This is why we have boards you fucking retard. If you want to discuss politics you go to /pol/. If you want to discuss tv you got to /tv/. If you want to discuss videogames you go to reddit. This is why we don't allow cross boarding. Keep discussion topics to their designated boards.
>>
File: 1497124639802.jpg (1MB, 1920x1552px) Image search: [Google]
1497124639802.jpg
1MB, 1920x1552px
This board is full of kekistani cringelords
>>
File: jpQbJJ0.png (138KB, 345x403px) Image search: [Google]
jpQbJJ0.png
138KB, 345x403px
top kek this thread
/pol/ should stay in /pol/
/mlp/ is able to do it, why can't you guys?
>>
>>131142208
Anons who shit talk Jordan Peterson, explain to me why kids like this do not need in internet father figure.
if anything they need more.
>>
>>131140325
Paper barriers are just that. Free speech has to be more than a principle that a few believe in. In practice free speech can only exist and prosper when there is a culture of free speech. The people have to adopt and uphold, in practice, the free expression of conflicting ideals, even offensive ones.

>>131140697
FYI: New batch of janitors are a bunch of reddit Antifa faggots who have been bullying posters and shitting up blue boards.
>>
We've been over this. Censorship provides everyone greater freedom

The fact that people aren't allowed to spam the board with a bunch of incomprehensible nonsense is what enables us to actually have real discussions. The fact that a lecture hall bans people from storming in with bullhorns and jumping on stage for an impromptu interpretive dance is what allows lectures and learning to happen.

Censorship within a medium allows greater freedom for everybody. Banning non-video game threads on /v/ allows people the freedom to discuss video games. No problems there
>>
Here's the way I see it: /pol/ should get to post wherever /pol/ wants, so long as they can take the heat and deal with other people shitting up /pol/.

/tv/ should be able to do whatever it wants,so long as it is OK with the same.

The Golden Rule is a great rule for the internet, better than "free speech", in my opinion. Speech is rarely ever free. The mods clearly push agendas, individual posters clearly push agendas, and the agendas being pushed shape the discussion, thus creating not truly free speech. Nowhere on the internet is there truly free speech.

Golden Rule works, though. If someone can handle banter and can dish it out, all power to them. It's when you get thin-skinned little whiners who want to talk shit but can't handle even the slightest criticism that problems arise.
>>
PRAISE KEK
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.