[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with all these fucking condo's being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

What's the deal with all these fucking condo's being built? They remain empty when completed then they start building more, is it a bubble? Shit is like 2006 right now

Go to ANY western city right now with a population >700,000 and you will see condos being built left right and center, the construction quality is terrible and they begin falling apart only 5 years after construction, vacancy rates are >65%
>>
>>131113581

They're called commieblocks and it's a sign of multiculturalism.
>>
>they begin falling apart only 5 years after construction
Leaf engineering
>>
>>131113581
how do you know when they begin falling apart if they are just now being built?
>>
>>131113867
Because they've been getting mass produced since 2011

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/fears-that-shoddy-toronto-condos-could-become-future-slums-1.2796979

They are fucking meme buildings
>>
Organized crime.

>>131113867

Because of the ones from 2006 that are now a decade old?

It's true where I am, the only new construction are either condos or zero lot line homes in rich communities that start at like $700k. You can't get a sub $300k home that's not 20 years old.
>>
>>131113581

Supposedly real estate buying and selling is a great way to transfer vast amount of wealth illegally. You want some backdoor deal? They buy one of your unoccupied condos for above market rate. It's almost like a form of megarich currency.
>>
>>131114305
sorry I meant legally
>>
Foreign investments and EB5
>>
>>131113581
Chinese buy them up and it sits for 20 years.
>>
the low oil price is temporary. by 2020 it will be 80+ again.
>>
>>131114755
Chinese money laundering
>>
>>131115047
>the low oil price is temporary, by 2018 it will be 80+ again
-t. oil shills in 2015
>>
File: 00.png (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
00.png
13KB, 210x240px
>>131114669
>>131114755
>>131115544
sounds like this leaf, rip
>>
Definitely a chink thing. Look into how China has been doing this shit forever. Vast amounts of vacant buildings like this.
>>
>>131115544

ding ding ding
>>
Build while they let you because they won't in the future. God isn't making any more land.

Prices remain high even with vacant rooms because shitty people will ruin your property. You are better off letting it go empty than ruining your reputation.

Keeping rent high is also a safeguard against rent control. If you charge low rates, and then rent control is implemented you are stuck charging low rates.
>>
Someone give me the rundown on how Chinese money laundering works
>>
>>131113581
Chinese/Arab money laundering. Sydney has changed so much since about 2010. Where there used to be one house with a large backyard there is now some disgusting apartment which houses dozens of Chinks.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.