[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A human cell is more sophisticated than any man made invention.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 407
Thread images: 37

File: cell.jpg (447KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
cell.jpg
447KB, 1000x750px
A human cell is more sophisticated than any man made invention. Does this not allude to a creator?
>>
>>130976423
It alludes to your lack of imagination.
>>
File: 1498160487585.jpg (220KB, 1280x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1498160487585.jpg
220KB, 1280x1100px
I'd say no, however I am religious. There's this idea in maths called "monsters" or something along those lines that explains how creatures can become so complex.
>>
>>130976423
It alludes to the awesome machinery and creativity of nature and the hundreds of millions of years its had to perfect it, versus a couple thousand years of human technology.
>>
File: 1498141216424.jpg (89KB, 350x150px) Image search: [Google]
1498141216424.jpg
89KB, 350x150px
>>130976423
After much consideration I have had an epiphany on the subject of evolution deniers, and since im in a cheerful mood I will elucidate the matter for you all.

Some people just do not possess the intellectual capacity to comprehend evolution over geologic timescales. The intellectual capacity for abstract thought is not inherently uniformly gifted to all humans. It has arisen in humans as an advantageous capacity that facilitates increased reproductive likelihood and survival generally. This capacity for extreme abstractive comprehension, when absent or deficient, leads to an insistence on the readily and directly perceivable being the likeliest resolution to any query.

to paraphrase in terms more readily comprehensible to the likely reader. Some people are just too stupid to be able to understand abstractions beyond certain complexity thresholds.
>>
>>130976423
No a creator of the universe and reality would be so far beyond our comprehension it doesn't matter

Oh he created a cell? How about the literal incomprehensible vastness of the cosmoss? How about the ability for microscopic particles to bond at an atomic level to form useful substances with countless properties and functions
>>
>>130976423
Maybe someone can explain something to me. In the Kurzgesagt video he said that cells and mitochondria are actually 100% dead, even though they continue to function and reproduce themselves. How is it possible that all cells are dead? Is it because cells are more akin to robots than life?
>>
>>130976423

I dunno man, a modern computer CPU is pretty complicated.

Secondly, how do you explain mitochondria? Technically speaking they're parasites, they're not human, they're closer to a bacteria. In fact, they kind of prove that life started as a single cell.

If you learned about the way chemicals interact with each other, and you factor in evolution and the way it works, you would find the methods the cell use could not have happened any other way. Technically speaking, the cell is a liquid held together with a cytoskeleton and different charges.
>>
>>130976423
>This thing is beyond human comprehension. I think I comprehend how it was made.
This is what evolution deniers actually believe.
>>
>>130976423
Here's the video for anyone curious https://youtu.be/QOCaacO8wus
>>
>>130976423
>wow this looks like this couldn't have been made
>that must mean it has to have been made
>>
>I LITERALLY am allergic to reading the blind watchmaker
educate yourselves twats
>>
>>130977168
Mitochondria are not alive, they're dead organisms (apparently)
>>
>>130976423
>Does this not allude to a creator?

By that logic, the creator you're alluding to would have to be more complex than the creation. Who created the creator?
>>
A requires B
C > A
therefore B requires D
?!?!?!?! they should teach logic in elementary school.
>>
>>130977249
>cells cannot feel or experience anything
Feel, sure if you're being pedantic, but it certainly experiences things...
>>
>>130977352
>they're dead organisms (apparently)

Doesn't "organism" mean living thing though?
>>
>>130977249
Not really a bad video, but it really just highlights the limitations of the words "living" and "dead". It's just a language problem. Biology is what it is.
>>
>>130977352
They're the descendants of organisms that have since gone extinct. They are considered organelles.
>>
>>130977352

Nope, they have their own unique DNA and they undergo reproduction during mitosis.

The problems is the definition of life does not include this type of parasite. In fact, parasite is not completely accurate, its symbiotic. It's weird.

Mitochondria do not fulfill the criteria for a living being, only some of it. Mostly because it is a key part of our cellular metabolism.
>>
>>130976423
sage
>>
>>130976423
>evolve from single cell organism over billions of years
>gradually become more complicated
>duh must be one of four thousand religions
>yup it's jesus
face it, everything that exists is a futile accident.
>>
>>130977249
awesome video

also nice murican id
>>
>>130977114
Look at the big brain on this guy.

Yeah we know. Now, fuck off summercuck.
>>
it just alludes to nature being more sophisticated than any enginerd.
>>
>>130977114

You're too stupid to understand that, mathematically, there hasn't been enough time in 5 billion years for the process to have occurred spontaneously.

There must have been a catalyst.
>>
>>130976423

why would it? unless you are foolish enough to believe that man is so great that anything greater than man must be Space Jesus
>>
>>130978426
>nature
>"sophictication"

How is anthropomorphizing "nature" any different from ascribing creation to a creator? Nature is not sophisticated; it is mindless. Its statistically impossible several times over for a single, self-replicating cell to have spontaneously fallen into place
>>
>>130978443
Let's say that there was a catalyst. It is still a massive and retarded leap to say that there was a catalyst, therefore god. Fuck you.
>>
>>130977352
they are as alive as viruses are. there is a debate as to whether or not they are considered life forms.
>>
>>130978443

why?!

If i put the correct ingredients in a baking tin, mix them up and place it in the correct conditions i can make bread. It doesn't require my personal intervention or will to make it.

The correct ingredients were present on the earth to make life, it took a while for the chemical processes to work and the correct conditions, but it happened.

It was far from spontaneous.
>>
>>130978716
>It is still a massive and retarded leap to say that there was a catalyst, therefore god

It takes a special kind of stupid to deny what has been self-evident to mankind since the beginning of recorded history. The entire premise (that "something" spontaneously appeared from nothing) is no more scientific than ascribing creation to a creator
>>
>>130976423
It's called iterative improvement over four billion years.
>>
>>130978443
>there hasn't been enough time in 5 billion years for the process to have occurred spontaneously.
It wasn't spontaneous though.
It was gradual.
>>
>>130978443
>my model that I developed using theory and not evidence says this shouldn't happen so it can't happen
Theoretical Biologist isn't a profession.
>>
>>130978842
>If i put the correct ingredients in a baking tin, mix them up and place it in the correct conditions i can make bread

Yea, OP's point is that a cell is insanely more complicated than that. If a single part of the cellular machinery is malfunctional, the cell dies.

It'd be more akin to putting all the raw materials for an automobile (ie iron ore, coal, etc) into a box and shaking it around for 5 billion years. Guess what the chances are that you'll not only arrive at a functioning automobile, but that the automobile will drive out of the box and self-replicate
>>
My penis is more sophisticated than your brain

Does that not allude to your low intelligence?
>>
> oops the universe created itself
> oops it got arranged in spirals
> oops there are inteligent systems making themselves better
> oops conscience appeared
> oops...
>>
>>130979309
>If a single part of the cellular machinery is malfunctional, the cell dies.
That's not even close to true. Life gets completely fucking mangled by the environment during the course of living and it still manages to reproduce. There is a lot of redundancy on the genetic level.

Did you think that nobody thought about this already? Duplicate genes, gene evolution, it's an entirely field in itself. Think before you speak.
>>
>>130977445
The Creator is not part of the created universe and therefore not logically bound by the laws that bind the universe, believing that God requires a Creator is akin to believing that God cannot exceed the speed of light in a vacuum.

Now I'm not saying that God does not have a Creator as well, maybe God does, but from our perspective within the universe we reside in it is fundamentally unknowable, as we lack the tools or the ability to understand concepts that are not the purview of our universe.

It's like programs in Tron trying to find God by studying the computer systems programmed by the User, and no I'm not arguing in support of the "Simulated Universe" concept. I'm just saying.
>>
>>130977114
over-complicating shit is a sign of pseudointellectualism
>>
>>130979532
>just cause I don't have the capacity to understand or make sense of something, there must be a creator
>>
File: UcwL41cw.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
UcwL41cw.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Oh golly gee, it just might. Although I'd say that such a creator would have to be pretty darn complex as well, friendo.
>>
>>130979549

Cells have self-preservation mechanisms. There is protection against error. You still have failed to demonstrate how inanimate, non-living matter spontaneously assembled itself into such complex self-replicating life forms
>>
>>130979869
I don't get how it's so hard to imagine that the universe is inteligent. No it's not a fucking bearded old douchebag, it's an infinite mind that you can't comprehend with your finite one. It's like asking a cell from your buddy to understand what are you on a larger scale.
>>
>>130976423
Learn science and evolution, it's actually fucking interesting as fuck and it will help stop you looking like the dumbass you're appearing to be right now.
>>
File: 1497042491689.jpg (180KB, 578x722px) Image search: [Google]
1497042491689.jpg
180KB, 578x722px
>>130976423
no
>>
>>130980166
Abiogenesis and evolution are two related but different topics. That you conflate them shows that you don't understand. I make no claims whatsoever about abiogenesis.
>>
>>130979789
>>The Creator is not part of the created universe and therefore not logically bound by the laws that bind the universe

How convenient.

> believing that God requires a Creator is akin to believing that God cannot exceed the speed of light in a vacuum.

I understand your point, but I doubt the OP, if his post isn't just bait, thinks or understands it this way.
>>
>>130979911

"Science" falsely so called. The conclusion was derived before the experiment; the fool has said in his heart "There is no God." So now he'll jump through trillions of hoops to explain himself
>>
No, if anything it alludes to man's arrogance.

Believing that self-replicative process can't be responsible for the the world as we understand it is about as childish and self-centered as believing the world didn't exist before you were born. Really, that's what it is; the idea that the universe before mankind hardly or barely existed because clearly EVERYTHING revolves around you. Because otherwise, how else would you be able to believe that God created you in his own image since you're the only thing that has ever really mattered?

Either way, the point is that yes, a divine creator could play a role in it. But the ONLY thing that the sophistication of cells genuinely alludes to is that living process are far more complex and ill-understood than people give credit to. Not that there is an invisible sky daddy who loves you very very much.
>>
>>130980332
>Abiogenesis and evolution are two related but different topics

The latter precedes from the former; UNLESS you accept that evolution is possible as a system created by God
>>
>>130980359
>all of "Science" goes directly against the core concept of Science
What.
>>
File: 470010079.jpg (27KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
470010079.jpg
27KB, 300x250px
Humans are made of 75% water. Does that not allude to the fact that you are a fucking sped?
>>
File: gustave-dore.jpg (587KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
gustave-dore.jpg
587KB, 1600x900px
>A human cell is more sophisticated than any man made invention.
I am pretty sure the totality of human civilization, brought about by empirical thought, is more complex than a single molecular machine.

Also complexity emerges from simple rules, people who are good at maths (not me) can explain that.
>>
>>130980506
>I can perform an experiment, therefore God can't exist

Wew. The "big bang" and assorted bullcrap isn't necessary.
>>
>>130980488
>precedes
No, it doesn't. Abiogenesis = creating "life" from "nonliving" matter. Evolution = change of "life" over time. Evolution has to come second.

Did you just make a typo, or like... do you not understand english?
>>
>>130980359
>the fool has said in his heart "There is no God."
"God" may or may not exist.

However, that is irrelevant to whether or not God loves, you, cares about you, or is even Christian.
>>
>>130980239
what's so intelligent tho? that the universe arranges itself in spirals?

Take a look at conways game of life. Given simple rules to begin with, complexity arises over time.
>>
>>130976423
Yes,DNA is the coding good made for our flesh vehicles
>>
>>130976423
No, not to say O don't believe in one, but the real question is how did the light come to be if all there was, was darkness? There was always light and always will be. Life always was. That is proof of a creator/
>>
>>130976423
Yup. Design infers a designer.
>>
>>130980612
>I am pretty sure the totality of human civilization, brought about by empirical thought, is more complex than a single molecular machine.
>t. never studied a cell

If you obviously exclude the cells that constitute humanity, and just think of "humans" as individual units, then a cell is more complicated than the sum of our planetary civilizations
>>
>>130978443
i don't think you understand how quickly things happen on the microscopic scale
you probably think it's slow as fuck like every single video you've ever seen explaining cellular processes
the fact is that proteins, organelles, etc move around inside the cell at 250 MPH
they bump into each other at random orientations billions of times per second
>>
>>130976423
Note that theologian Charles Darwin referred to the cell as "simple", and like "a bag of salt".

That's who these evolutionists are believing.
>>
>>130980675
>heh, good thing you made a typo or I'd have to refute your point
>>
>>130980670
Listen, you spaz, no one in this thread is arguing whether "God" as a concept does or doesn't exist.

But Genesis and the Christian God in general are absolutely fucking retarded and completely fall apart under any level of logic or scrutiny.
>>
>>130976423
Must be quite a complex & sophisticated this creator you speak of, he can't have come into existence by himself can he ? wouldn't such an entity require some kind of creator................
>>
>>130980792
>a cell is more complicated than the sum of our planetary civilizations
fuck no
>>
>>130980670
What experiment? What experiment could possible prove or disprove the existence of god? There isn't one. That fact doesn't mean that all other experiments are useless, it means that the concept of god is untestable.
>>
>>130980822
I don't think you know what chance 1 in 10^128 is.

Because that's what you're betting on, for the cell to be a random act of evolution.
>>
>>130980822
>the fact is that proteins, organelles, etc move around inside the cell at 250 MPH
>inside the cell

Again, you're assuming the cell already exists. When an inorganic chemist accidentally produces life in his lab then you'll have a point. Hell, let anyone do it intentionally
>>
>>130980878
They're real, and you're the fool, boy.
>>
>>130976423
and who created the creator?
the only plausible answer is that the universe always existed and will exist forever
>>
File: 1497833616312.jpg (4MB, 4608x3200px) Image search: [Google]
1497833616312.jpg
4MB, 4608x3200px
>>130976423
>"God doesn't exist."
>>
>>130980869
Nigger, this is a vital concept. He's asking if you made a typo because the word you misspelled takes on a drastically different concept or meaning if used incorrectly and changes the argument entirely.

Evolution and Abiogenesis are not the same thing.
>>
>>130980895
No, an eternal spirit being would not require a creator.

Thanks for playing though!
>>
>>130980869
Please, let me know how you would test whether or not god affected abiogenesis.
>>
>>130977114
You're literally Brian Griffin.
>>
>>130976423
no it means we should stop trying to be so smart 'controlling' and 'desigining' things and set up our systems to allow evolution to do the heavy living
>>
>>130976423
>liquid filled sack
>planet in the middle
>weird coral bullshit around it
>floating cucumbers with spaghetti inside

m8 I could make you one of these in an hour
>>
>>130980931
Experiment:

1. Kill yourself.
2. See God for yourself.
>>
>>130980930

We've created many things, but no human has EVER successfully created life in a laboratory.
>>
>>130977352

We are our mitochondria.
>>
>>130980971
>for the cell to be a random act of evolution.
>random
Natural selection is not random.
>>
>>130976423
Allusion isn't proof
>>
>>130981043
God is an uncreated being, and the universe had a beginning.

Catch up with both religion and science on your own time, please.
>>
>>130980971
How did you get that number? I'm better it was through theory and not through evidence.
>>
>>130981093
>You're literally Brian Griffin.
kek
>>
>>130978682
what are you talking about enginerd? have you ever studied biology?

so·phis·ti·cat·ed
adjective
(of a machine, system, or technique) developed to a high degree of complexity.
>>
>>130980675
Abiogenesis = fantasy
>>
>>130981224
Take a stat class and calculate the various probabilities for yourself.
>>
>>130976423
it would suggest a creator only if we ASSUMED that the origin of replicating systems that could catalyze their own replication and simultaneously stored all non-thermodynamically relevant data within their peptide chain for replication were complex cellular systems with surface proteins and organelles and other cellular machinery.

We already know that certain organic macromolecules like viruses can perform these functions in the correct environments though

the origin of life was not precisely life but likely a polypeptide chain
>>
>>130981145
Why did you think you would be able to participate in this conservation with no argument or evidence? Lemme guess, jokes on me, you're not really retarded, just pretending!
>>
>>130976423
It seemed to me if I was an immortal divine being that wanted to create a universe and had the ability to do so then I would probably do in a way that's so simple I don't really have to do much of anything.

For example, a single seed, that then explodes into everything on its own. A big bang of sorts.
>>
>>130981091
>>130981074
>Evolution and Abiogenesis are not the same thing.

Listen. OP's thread started with a CELL and asked if it alluded to a CREATOR.

This isn't about whether your grandmother was chimp, its about a single fucking cell
>>
>>130981351
Why not? you assume exploding nothing caused you, what can't you assume?
>>
File: 1468519533194.jpg (39KB, 281x337px) Image search: [Google]
1468519533194.jpg
39KB, 281x337px
>>130978842
>If I put a cow in a lettuce, wheat, and tomato field that also is prone to getting struck by lightning then I'll get a hamburger. It doesn't require my personal intervention or will to make it.
>>
>>130981153
I know how a fucking cell works, it has lipids on the outside, it has self-replicating shit inside, it turns high-energy molecules into molecular motion. It is less complex than a brain. There are magnitudes of complexity, and a cell is just the beginning. Again, all of that start with physics laws and hydrogen, and a lot of time.
>>
>>130981153
>but no human has EVER successfully created life in a laboratory.
Yet.

50 years ago, you could have easily claimed that no human has deliberately manipulated a genome either. I have no doubt which side of the fence you'd be on if we were having this argument then if the question was about genetic manipulation.
>>
>>130981355
You don't like my experiment? Ok, I'll dumb it down for you.

1. Die.
2. See God with your own eyes.

Guaranteed to work.
>>
>>130976423
We can not recreate a human being by man, only through natire that is more complex and soplhisticated than the top science.
>>
>>130976648
FIRST POST

BEST MOTHERFUCKING POST
>>
>>130981339
>implying that understanding statistics is enough evidence to calculate the likelihood of abiogenesis
It's clear that you've never taken classes in stats or bio, or if you did, you never paid a lick of attention.

>>130981389
Evolution applies to cells too, do you not realize that?
>>
>>130981475
How will I report back to you to tell you how wrong you are? Your experiment seems pretty stupid.
>>
>>130980359
>the fool has said in his heart "There is no God."

I find it funny when religious people call atheists or proponents of science that doesn't agree with religion "fools", "arrogant", or "ignorant" etc. as though there's clear proof that, not just a god(s), but specifically God exists and that they just don't want to acknowledge. If the most you have to go on is faith, at least own that instead of pretentiously insulting and pretending you have all the answers.

>. The conclusion was derived before the experiment;

I'm willing to accept that deities exist can exist if you can provide objective proof.
>>
>>130981367
Or perhaps you would take the opportunity to teach people interested in wisdom why you do things the way you do them, so they pattern themselves after you.

Because as it turns out higher dimensional beings can work on higher planes than we can.
>>
>>130981402
He is asking a question about abiogenesis, not cosmology. I can't address your question about the origin of the universe, the origin of life doesn't seem to need intelligent creation explanation though.
>>
>>130981145
Not testable. How would you report back?
>>
>>130981443
And you think that all happened because a pin head of everything came from nothing and exploded for no reason into everything.
>>
>>130981221
>God is an uncreated being
>hurr durr the bible says so
>>
>>130981389
>its about a single fucking cell
It's about a HUMAN cell.

That is a key difference there. Don't get me wrong, you're right in that prokaryotes are still complex, but eukaryotes in general a vastly more complicated than anything regarded as a single common ancestor.

Unless you're talking exclusively about the origin of life itself, this is a discussion of evolution.
>>
>>130981647

Reincarnation.
>>
>>130981480
Why cant we create a man the same way evolution did it?
Without reproduction.
>>
ITT: calm, rational adults teaching gradeschoolers biology and introduction to the scientific method
>>
>>130981505
Zero times anything is zero.

The probability of abiogenesis occurring is zero. Science already disproved spontaneous generation. Why do you hate science so much?
>>
>>130976423
Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell
>>
>>130981745
>The probability of abiogenesis occurring is zero.
What evidence do you have for this?
>>
>>130976423
not really, it's not as if the bible is scientific at all, so to think God or a creator is some mastermind putting together microscopic pieces just seems both unnecessary from the creators perspective.

What I mean is, if there is a God or creator, there's no reason they would make things microscopically complex, since they would dictate what we discover (or dont) and our capabilities of understanding.

If there really was a creator I would expect much more basic designs, almost like we're made of Lego (okay maybe a little more complex) but mobile/functional and without the need for these underlying complexities.

God/creator could make us "function" any way he wants, without the need for the components of a human cell.
>>
>>130981560
You won't. You'll be able to tell everyone in hell about your awesome experiment though. More than you have going for you now!

And rest assured that I already know that after you die, you will see God with your own eyes.
>>
>>130981662
What fundamentalist Christians won't understand is that question of the Beginning (Let There be Light) is not the most interesting one. Eschatological questions are much more interesting, and they probably won't involve mythical creatures creeping out of large equatorial bodies.
>>
>>130981567
It's a bible verse, from the Word of God. We're not calling people who say there is no God "fools".

God is.
>>
>>130977342
The Blind Watchmaker is pretty much pure manipulation. It's hard to read a full chapter without seeing him resort to ratcheting, strawmanning, etc.
>>
>>130981851

Sure you do. Let's hear your fantastical bullshit story now.
>>
>>130981605
Abiogenesis = fantasy

The origin of life most certainly requires God. Maybe you'll realize that later, maybe you'll realize that much later.
>>
humans are stupid and broken and nature is a twisted bitch just like god. (if there is one but not like he gives a shit if you care or not)
>>
>>130981851
Am I unironically disillusioning you right now? Are you losing your faith as we speak?
>>
File: MONG.jpg (56KB, 468x704px) Image search: [Google]
MONG.jpg
56KB, 468x704px
>>130981076
An eternal spirit eh, just always been there, forever & ever & ever, drifting around aimlessly, then one day decides to make everything come into existence, poof ! interesting, perhaps you could link me to some peer reviewed scientific papers to back up these claims, they are after all rather extravagant in nature, and it wouldn't do just to take them on faith from an anonymous 4chan user.
>>
>>130981672
God revealed himself to be I Am, yes. An uncreated eternal supernatural triune spirit being who lives in unapproachable light.

There, you learned something today.
>>
>>130981831

Consider that God is unimaginably more intelligent than yourself and that, in his eyes, we are like blocks of legos

Also consider that putting blocks of legos together would be complicated in the eyes of a chimp, supposedly our nearest relative
>>
>>130981745
Abiogenesis and spontaneous generation are different concepts.

I see why you're getting them confused, but one of them deals more with continued lineages while the other deals with separate lineages.

If anything, it's an argument that
1) IF abiogenesis occurred, then it is uncommon
2) All currently living organisms originated from a separate living organism.
>>
>>130981827
It has never happened, did not happen, cannot happen, never been observed to happen, has been disproven as impossible (spontaneous generation) and never will happen.

Because it is fantasy.
>>
Why do Proddies get so fucking weird when the topic of evolution comes up?
>>
>>130982090
I want to believe you, but I can't without any proof.

>>130982108
Where's the evidence of gods intelligence? We see evidence of the universes complexity, how does that reflect gods intelligence?
>>
>>130981888
If you don't understand the beginning, you'll never get to see the ending. The Alpha and Omega, as it was.
>>
>>130977208

He's not denying evolution. He's pointing to something so complex that it couldn't have happened by chance to allude to a creator
>>
>>130981997
>The origin of life most certainly requires God.
>Certainly
Even if Abiogenesis required divine intervention, there is no evidence that Jesus did it. Which is what every single one of you christcucks tries to turn this shit into.
>>
Why do jesus freaks always always always have zero substance to back up their retarded delusions?
>>
File: 1487096555864.jpg (39KB, 492x388px) Image search: [Google]
1487096555864.jpg
39KB, 492x388px
>>130981144
>>
>>130982202
What you've given me is proof that you do you seem to understand english words. What I'd like is verifiable, experimental, replicable proof that supports your claim that abiogenesis cannot occur.

And presumably you mean "cannot naturally occur", since it obviously did occur since, again, the word literally means "create life from nonlife".
>>
>>130982290
>you'll never get to see the ending
God I hope so.
>>
>>130982294
>He's not denying evolution.
That's what his argument's going to turn into eventually, though.

Every christcuck eventually starts bringing up retarded shit they don't understand like "THE SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS" to try and disprove evolution.

Either way, it's not an argument for a divine creator anyway, as much as it's an argument of our ignorance regarding self-replicative processes.
>>
>>130976648

>>130976648

Damn. I was going to say it alludes to our stupidity but close enough I guess.
>>
>>130982014
Reading Comprehension: D-
>>
>>130982294
Why though. What evidence do you have that things that are orders of magnitude more complex than anything else we've encountered require a creator? Have you ever seen or heard of a creator (that isn't god, since that's who we're talking about) that can make something that complex?
>>
>>130982281

The evidence of God's intelligence is in his creation. Christianity has long advocated science as a means of coming closer to God.

>Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
>>
>>130982043
Not drifting; why do you think spiritual beings have no bodies?

Have you had absolutely zero supernatural experiences?
>>
>>130982534
SPOILER: The ending is sad

nothing really to see.
>>
>>130982188
They're the same fantasy. Life coming from non-life.

Pure bullshit.
>>
>>130982625
So you don't want to be taken seriously. That's fine, I wish you'd let me know earlier that you were just joking around. Since you're actually an atheist, may I ask when you lost your faith?
>>
>>130982281
You don't have to believe me. We can both believe God, and we'll be believing the same thing.
>>
>>130982652
No. You do not have any evidence EXCEPT FOR THIS that a creation can be this extravagant. How can I believe your explanation when there has never been another example of it occurring??
>>
>>130982319
There is evidence in Paul's writings that Jesus revealed to Paul He is the Creator; there is also evidence in John's writings that Jesus revealed to John that He is the Creator.

There's also Jesus saying He is the Creator.

Plenty of evidence.
>>
File: 1461071114945.jpg (69KB, 564x576px) Image search: [Google]
1461071114945.jpg
69KB, 564x576px
>>130976423
>I can't explain thing.
>Therefore, god.
Not this fucking thread again
>>
>>130982319
It answers multiple questions though.

#1. If there is deity
#2. If they *cared* enough to make life on Earth

Both are substantial answers to basic, universal philosophical questions. It not only suggests that there is a God, but that it is pensive and appreciative of life on Earth. Compared to celestial bodies, living cells are ridiculously complicated.
>>
>>130982499
It's never happened.
It's never been observed.
It's never been caused to happen.
It's been proven to be impossible to happen.

And you cling to it like a life raft.
>>
>>130982792
You have no proof. You have no evidence. You have nothing. You are empty.
>>
>>130982736
"pure bullshit"
consistently proven over many experiments
>>
>>130982652
>without excuse:

These would be the key words.

Anyone denying there is a God stands before God without excuse from the witness of only the heavens and the earth.
>>
>>130982670
Many people's endings will be sad.

Some of our eternities will be glorious.
>>
>>130982977
Your. Sentence. Are. Claims. That. Require. Corroboration.

Prove it never happened. Prove its been proven impossible to happen. Cite one source that isn't your book of tales.
>>
>>130982891

Isaiah 64:8 But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Isaiah 45:9
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
>>
>>130982753
Reading Comprehension: F
>>
>>130976423
>>130976423
>comparing apples and pears
also, it kinda intrigues my that people need to personify everything with the idea of a higher creator that happens to have similar traits but not the limitations of a man. A great weakness and insecurity of a common snowflake who thinks its a great privileged to be human if you ask me.
Morality, good and evil, after all, all these things are man made-up things - eventually these will come to focus once you start contemplating the creator.
>>
>>130976423
That actually suggests that it would be a program based on repeating units run over a long period of time. Only by trial and error could you arrive at such intricate and perfect form, the inspiration of a mind couldn't come close.
>>
>>130980488
>UNLESS you accept that evolution is possible as a system created by God

Accepting that evolution as we understand it now was created by the God of Abraham raises lots of questions about what in Genesis is a metaphor and what isn't.

>>130981662
How is that any less ridiculous than an omnipotent superbeing, that has always existed and whose powers and abilities are so great that they defy any attempts to properly explain them, willing the Universe into existence?

>>130981922
>It's a bible verse, from the Word of God

What proof do you have that the Bible is the "Word of God" and was divinely inspired?

>>130982736
>Life coming from non-life.

I realize that God can be metaphorically called "life", but is it fair to call Him alive in the sense that His creating life doesn't count as Abiogensis? Assuming God exists, we can't measure or qualify him in any objective way. If He exists outside of normal time and space, how would He be alive.
>>
>>130982985
I have everything you want, and more. And everything I have is available to you.

But you have to want it.
>>
>>130983151
That's very nice, but not publishable unless you have more than one replicate.
>>130983180
Please stop insulting me and just communicate.
>>
>>130983024
zero experiments result in abiogenesis

zero
>>
>>130982905

>My self hatred has caused me to adopt a lifestyle that is so degenerate that I know deep down that I wouldn't even allow myself ever lasting life and love in a kingdom of heaven
>Therefore, atheism.

Not this fucking post again.
>>
>>130982652
I'm pretty sure the thousands, tens of thousands, and millions of years of human history and civilization advocated the same thing w.r.t their conception of creation and the creator(s). Funny that people think this began with Christianity.
>>
>>130983142
The truth stands for itself.

Something you incremental naturalists will never understand.
>>
personally all these science faggots are just as ridiculous as the religious zealots

why you so fixated on knowign the truth?

THERE IS NO TRUTH

so just live, just breathe, do what you were put here on this planet to do (fight,feed and fuck, the 3 Fs) till the day you break down and die and all will stay balanced throughout the universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtkGtXtDlQA&ytbChannel=Don%27t%20Hug%20Me%20.I%27m%20Scared

have a nice trip
>>
>>130983240
It's magnitudes of orders more foolish than realizing there is an Unmoved Mover, an Uncaused Cause, that explains the existence of the universe.
>>
>>130983327
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93Urey_experiment

dumbass, do you realize how much time the process takes?
>>
>>130976423

If God made complicated cells, how come they're simple enough that even humans can figure out how they work?

Checkmate, close thread, etc
>>
>>130982664
>Have you had absolutely zero supernatural experiences?
Is that all that surprising?
>>
>>130983240
30% of the bible is prophetic, and 100% of all bible prophecies come exactly true on time. Only God can tell the end from the beginning, which is what the bible does. Only God can be 100% correct.

And there is power in the name of Jesus.
And there is power in the Word of God.
And there is power in the Holy Spirit to change lives.
>>
>>130976734
plz be from london...
>>
>>130983240
God is Life.
>>
>cell has had millions of years of time to perfect
>humans
>"LMAO can't do this in 5,000 years? Get fucked."
>>
>>130983235
>implying our universe isn't basically a gigantic random variable generator
Given the nature of the way our universe formed, it's basically a giant blender where every possible state of matter and energy exists entangled together somewhere in the vastness of space. We just happen to observe it from Earth, because this just so happens to be the place where all the numbers lined up perfectly to support life.
>>
>>130983327
1. The same could be said for proof of the existence of god. zero experiments result in such proof.
2. Can you concede that it's possible that we haven't yet replicated the conditions of early earth? Because it was 4 billion years ago and that's kind of a long time. Most evidence from then is long, long gone.

>>130983395
more insults, thanks
>>
>>130983265

Report Card: Must repeat the 1st Grade.
>>
>>130976423
No
>>
fucking amerilards are so dumb
>>
>>130976423
No it alludes to how young and stupid we are. Also how long evolution had.
>>
>>130983118
no, fore once the great energies have had their fun and amusement with this chaotic dimension everything will be scrapped and all life on this world will go back to the void.

including your promise of (eternal life)

God/s is a gamer fag
>>
>>130980344
>how convenient
Quite the opposite actually, as it doesn't leave much room for testable proof and forces us to rely on faith.

>OP is a fag
What else is new.
>>
>every thing that 'exists' must exist in space time
>if it doesnt exist in space time it literally cannot exist
>the infinitely expanding universe came into existence at the exact same moment as space time
>therefore existence as we know it was literally came into existence from non-existence
>still asking 'who created the creator'
People who deny God are just jelous desu
>>
>>130983548
Keep it simple, stupid.
Needless complexity doesn't make efficiency.
>>
>>130983528
Did not produce life. Produced scorched alanine in a methane environment as an intelligently designed experiment.

Not life.
>>
>>130983715
Why do you act like this?
>>
>>130983240
>what in Genesis is a metaphor and what isn't.

That does raise a lot of questions but as such a lengthy text the Bible is always self-explanatory. Certainly scientific investigation can help us understand more clearly what is written; but every word of the Bible is true. That addresses the other common atheist complaint: if God is real, how come he left us here alone? He didn't!
>>
>>130983352
Epic fanfic bro
>>
>>130983587
Yes, I've never met anyone as dense as you. You're like a cow.
>>
>>130976423
Not really.
>>
>>130983790
>every thing that 'exists' must exist in space time
>except this character from my favorite desert book
I can believe that "god" is the universe itself. So complex and grand that we might as well call it god. The god of the bible is an obvious sham though.
>>
>>130983790
>being so stupid you have to rationalize the very beginning of things to understand why a human cell exists
ausfailians everyone
>>
>>130983710
The earth began in August 4004 BC.

So did the rest of the universe.

Some day you're going to have to choose to stop regurgitating what your liberal teachers have brainwashed you into accepting.
>>
>>130983770
God plays Risk on a 1:1 board.
>>
>>130984021
Talk to me. Tell me why you behave this way. I promise I won't insult you, even if you're embarrassed.
>>
>>130983842
To emphasize the disparity between what I post and what you paraphrase about my posts.
>>
>>130982645
Ancient civilization and creation mythology therein. There are tons of conceptions and tons of mythology. The story seemingly gets better over time w/ human advancement and prior stories to build upon. That being said, there are many degrees of logic/science that point to creation. No observed phenomenon in this universe points to why anything should be (alive). There is no reason for atoms to exist. Further, there is no reason why they should come together to form compounds. There is no reason why matter should (fight to survive) or evolve to survive. There's no reason why gravity should exist to bring things together or why there are forces. People take the obvious for granted but nothing is obvious. None of this should exist and has no reason to. When you start asking why does it then and why do things go together and why does life exist, then you begin seeing what any person open to truth sees.
>>
I pondered this all my life. And OP is smart : you see ... Its the existence of the dichotomy of questions and answers ... The existence of us talking about this subject on this very thread proves a greater design. You see...its the construct... Its the motion implied space and time...the gravitational implied spherical space we live in all the way down to the cell op speaks of that proves we are all one. Lonely. Individually embodied slices of consciousness. Compartmented by our bodies, space, and time which allow this explorative dream to persist. A band of bronze sword dragging head hackers two thousand years ago were far more interested in head hunting than biology...and rightly so! Today's equivalent would be asking a ten year old asshole kid how his favorite 3d multi billion dollar game engine renders lighting effects. The point? He doesn't fucking care about the "design"...I know its rambling ... But connect the dots...
>>
File: 1497832737618.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1497832737618.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>130976423
If a single human cell is one alive being, DOESN'T THAT MAKE US BILLIONS OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE AT ONCE!
>>
>>130976423
>more sophisticated than any man made invention
are you literally retarded?
>>
>>130984116
Because I believe God tells the truth. Because I believe Bishop Ussher properly calculated the family tree from Jesus back to Adam, created on Day Six, "in the beginning", as Jesus said.

Because I have never seen anything older than 6021 years old. (And neither have you.)
>>
>>130982090
I don't care about jewish fantasies
>>
>>130984188
A zygote is a person, and one cell, yes. And it is alive.
>>
>>130984319

Heh. You will.

You will.
>>
>>130984281

A lot of cataclysmic geologic events took place during the Great Flood
>>
>>130977114
What about the abstract thought that God could create a tree in one second that was one hundred years old?

Or an Earth that was "4.6 billion years old."

Say, about six million years ago.
>>
>>130983802
confirmation bias detected

this retards thinks life just quickly and suddenly appears
evolution is a long, slow process
>>
>>130980486
>Really, that's what it is; the idea that the universe before mankind hardly or barely existed because clearly EVERYTHING revolves around you.

But it clearly does.
Until proven otherwise, there isn't a single thing in the universe that can observe it any meaningful way that isn't human. Since so far there is no evidence that Ayys are anything more than an urban legend, a universe without humans in it may as well not even exist.
>>
>>130977114
>since im in a cheerful mood
Pre-10-chis
>>
>>130976423
That looks like instant noodles with an egg
>>
>>130984403
It's amazing the earth did not disintegrate.
>>
>>130984135
Over time, human civilization acquires and tests knowledge. Humans in the past know less than humans in the present, and it's possible for those past humans to be wrong. Mythology is an example of this.

Why is there something instead of nothing? Is that actually a valid question? No, it's not: if there was nothing, could there be anyone to ask that question? There could not. The only reason there is something to ask why there is something is because there is something.

My question to you would be, why do you think existence needs a reason?
>>
>>130984453
Literally the results of the intelligently designed experiment using materials that were already in existence.

Some scorched alanine, and perhaps a few others.

Not life. Life is not built with blocks.
>>
>>130977114
This.
/Thread
>>
>>130984664
>Humans in the past know less than humans in the present,

Vanity, thy name is Humanity.

The ancients forgot more than you know.
>>
File: idontunderstand.jpg (53KB, 650x431px) Image search: [Google]
idontunderstand.jpg
53KB, 650x431px
>>130976423
If Cells can have walls why can't Nations?
>>
>>130984602

I would speculate that God separated the continent of Pangea during that time, for the same reason he destroyed the Tower of Babel and confused our languages. He wanted us separated to prevent a one world government
>>
>>130982898

I hope you're trolling.

Some random desert hobo crazy rambling is evidence now? Are you retarded?
>>
>>130984754
Address the rest of my post or you will lose even your own respect.
>>
>>130984493
>>130984602
>>130984754
fucking hell you amerilards are idiots
>>
>>130984718
What you and the other fool do not understand is that those time periods are artificially manufactured in order to be incomprehensible, and to give you the idea that given enough time and chance, literally anything can happen.

You've been hoodwinked, son.
>>
>>130984718
A bunch of worthless hot air, the only thing he's thought about is how to use the most words possible while saying nothing at all.
>>
>>130983770
awww fuck I just noticed my ID

FOR FUCK SAKES MAN!

FUCK YOU GOD!!
>>
File: 1497928584329.png (415KB, 1407x473px) Image search: [Google]
1497928584329.png
415KB, 1407x473px
>>130984366
Meh...
Nope
>>
>>130976423
God is a GENIUS
>>
>>130984888
>incomprehensible
maybe for you
>>
>>130984172
I really like this framing desu. I agree in that conceptions change over time and progress. I do feel that a number of people ask the deeper questions about life and do so in order to find deeper truths. I don't feel that the majority do this or even care to do this. I'm sure there are tons of reasons why this is the case. But yeah :
> Today's equivalent would be asking a ten year old asshole kid how his favorite 3d multi billion dollar game engine renders lighting effects. The point? He doesn't fucking care about the "design"...I know its rambling ... But connect the dots...
Indeed. You can tell w/ a reasonable degree of accuracy who truly cares for the deeper inquiry and subsequent revelations vs. the ten year old asshole.
>>
>>130984766
And look at what we're doing. Using one language to build a one world government.

That's not the part that kills me. These idiots don't know the truth, haven't seen the truth, and don't want to know the truth.

The thing that kills me is that after the Kingdom Age of 1000 years of Eden on earth is over, with the devil being chained, that there will be enough people to number as the sands of the sea to join the loosed devil to attack God.

That kills me, because it proves that mankind is broken, and incorrigible.
>>
>>130977249
that just fucked my shit up
>>
>>130984366
>smug cryptic empty promise
>christcuck

Check and check. And summer just began? We're fucked.
>>
>>130984784
Trolling that the evidence for Christianity is contained in the bible, among other places?

You're that easily trolled?

Where did you think it would be kept?
>>
>>130984493
durrr if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound

bunch of philosophy stooges up in here.
>>
>>130985081
>That kills me, because it proves that mankind is broken, and incorrigible.
This implies that god made a mistake when making us.
>>
>>130976423

Of course it does. All creation is EXTREMELY complex. Much of nature depends on each other to survive. Physicists have already determined life forming here on it's own is impossible.
You look at the Mona Lisa, and think, " That's a man made painting. "
You look at a grand piano and say, " That's a man made instrument. "
You look at a house and say, " That is a man made construction. "
Yet all these things are INFINITELY LESS COMPLEX than nature itself. That many believe sprung up right out of the ground magically.
Which is like looking at a child's drawing and saying, " That's human created... " and then looking at a Van Gogh painting and saying, " That just came to be on it's own. "
It's logical fallacy.
>>
File: IMG_0465.jpg (187KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0465.jpg
187KB, 768x1024px
There was literally a .00001% chance of life being able to be sustained on earth. So many different variables had to come into play for us to have gotten this far. Did you know that if the a full days cycle was longer than 24 hours, we wouldn't be here because of the dentrimental effects it would have on this planet? Did you know that Jupiter's gravitational pull protects us from meteorites from hitting our planet? It honestly takes more faith to believe that our existence just happened by chance rather than by a creator.
>>
>>130985081

The devil has constantly been working to fuck our shit up. That envious, arrogant faggot.

Also BEWARE the frog

REVELATION 16

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
>>
>>130985235
I'm glad you admit you have little faith in God's creation that you people actively piss on it by claiming it's all magic-out-of-nowhere instead of a masterpiece.
>>
>>130985152

The bible is just a man made historical collection mixed with some real events and places combined with fantasy LARPing. That you cannot separate between the two says you're not old enough to post here.
>>
File: 1498154231022.png (55KB, 305x326px) Image search: [Google]
1498154231022.png
55KB, 305x326px
>>130976734
>There's this idea in maths called "monsters" or something along those lines that explains how creatures can become so complex.
this is not a creature that BECAME complex. the only way it can make another one is with every single one of those organs
inorganic matter cannot become organic matter without organic matter
>>
>>130984845
Presupposing my self respect is tied to your post is rather vain, thus proving my point.

>Why is there something instead of nothing?
Because God is eternal, always has been, always will be, and He likes creating things.

>Is that actually a valid question?
Yes, because it has an obvious answer.

>No, it's not: if there was nothing, could there be anyone to ask that question?
Correct. Without God, there would be nothing. And nothing asking dumb questions.

>There could not.
In your hypothetical.....which is not real....

>The only reason there is something to ask why there is something is because there is something.
That seems rather obvious, self-evident, and useless as a thought exercise.

>My question to you would be, why do you think existence needs a reason?
Because there are costs and benefits associated with the creation of this universe, and even men contemplate costs and benefits prior to beginning to build. God wouldn't?

You have 1 job. Stop being a cost, and start being a benefit.
>>
File: yinYang.gif (9KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
yinYang.gif
9KB, 466x466px
>>130984766
no he wanted to created many players so this game wouldnt get too boring fast.

god/s is a gamer fag.
>>
>>130985156
There is literally nothing wrong with philosophy.

>muh science
Is just a branch of philosophy.
>>
>>130985081
So what will you say when we leave this planet and it's stupid traditions behind to explore the stars and find even more proof that our ancient desert scrolls were wrong?

I can absolutely believe in a god, any god, should they show me some proof. As time goes on, instead of finding more proof we simply find that we were more ignorant in the past than we ever imagined.

One day, your god too will be laughed, mocked and forgotten like the others before them. One day humans might find what various religions call "enlightenment" but it will be via technological and pioneering efforts, not thanks to a dusty rug and a compass or a jew on a stick.
>>
>>130985217
>Which is like looking at a child's drawing and saying, " That's human created... " and then looking at a Van Gogh painting and saying, " That just came to be on it's own. "
>It's logical fallacy
what you just said is
>>
>>130984691
saying intelligently designed a dozen times doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>130985235
Life grew to be how it is because it could. That's evolution. Like a liquid settling in a bowl, it conformed perfectly to the environment of the earth.

If it hadn't, you wouldn't be here to ask that question. The question itself is wrong. Your misconception arises from your understanding of timescales, probability, and nature itself.
>>
>>130982957
>#2. If they *cared* enough to make life on Earth
Life's creation isn't enough to assert care, though.

*If* we assume that life originated beyond Earth's origins (and that is a crass assumption to make), we can't assume that it is omnipotent, omniscient, or benevolent from that fact alone. Earth's life could instead be the result of something as inordinate as panspermia or a God that thrives off of suffering.

Hell, I homebrew in my spare time, and the one thing I hope is that the yeast don't mistake what I've created for it as being heaven. I do it, then kill them for my own selfish needs.
>>
File: IMG_0139.jpg (29KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0139.jpg
29KB, 400x266px
>>130984431
So you're saying the universe is really six million years old and god intentionally lied?

you must be some kind of retarded.
>>
>>130984867
Being called an idiot by a monkey. A novel experience, to be sure.
>>
>>130976423
>is more sophisticated than any man made
According to who?
>>
>>130985495
There is something wrong with parts of philosophy, including the shit you spouted.
>>
>>130984923
#rekt
>>
>>130978170
>evolve from single cell organism over billions of years
which single celled organism are you referring to
>>
File: 1457272489731.jpg (61KB, 834x960px) Image search: [Google]
1457272489731.jpg
61KB, 834x960px
>>130985312
>muh sayten is always looking to test our faith!
>bring this much of a retarded schizo
>>
I dunno, the LHC is pretty fuckin complex. Plus cells had like what, millions of years up on humans like 200+ years. Depends on whether you are counting the useful years along with all the killing and fucking years.
>>
>>130985590
You must really be an idiot then.
>>
>>130976423
yum, avocado
>>
>>130982736
>Life coming from non-life.
There's a difference between life evolving from a planet-wide system of organic molecules and life arising from a jar of peanut butter.

Life cannot, does not, and will not arise from any static isolated system and THAT is the real conclusion regarding spontaneous generation.
>>
>>130985490

Honestly you're on the right track. I used to be like you, a "spiritual" fag. There's hope for you. Read the Bible and listen to Pastor Anderson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
>>
File: SaturnIR_CassiniKakitsev_1024.jpg (153KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SaturnIR_CassiniKakitsev_1024.jpg
153KB, 1024x1024px
>>130977249
So basically one of the best tests if something is living is 'can it reproduce'..

By this test, White people are literally the walking dead.
>>
>>130976423
>human inventions take tens of millions of years to be "perfected".
Also:
>"perfected"
>Can go haywire and cause cancer.
Yeah, you just need to end it now op there really isn't hope for you anymore.
>>
>>130985383
That's not what I'm saying at all. The earth is truly a masterpiece even with sin running rampant. But to believe that nothing created something for no particular reason at all and billions of years later here we are takes more faith than to believe in a God who was the creator of it all.
>>
>>130985004
I understand perfectly why people use "billions and billions of years ago".

Because when they do, your brain turns off.
>>
>>130983151
>>130982652
>>130982108
No one is impressed with your bible verses christcuck.
>>
>>130985131
>current year
>not Yoda posting
>>
>>130985495
how about you learn muh science (and math) before pondering some of the biggest questions in the universe real thinkers work in teams over decades to understand even a small part of. this isn't anciet greece where you can just 'think about it' and understand everything in the universe.
>>
>>130985477
>Because the universe is eternal, always has been, always will be.
How is this answer ^ any less valid than yours?

>Because there are costs and benefits
Explain this in concrete, objective terms.

You say that fools assume god doesn't exist before they even ask the question. You assume the exact opposite, that he does exist, before asking the question, and somehow you're better than them?
>>
>>130985235
Obviously the requirements for life are very complex, or we would've found it all over the place by now.

If the conditions weren't perfect, you wouldn't be here. If the perfect conditions were somewhere else, you'd be there instead. Obviously they weren't somewhere else, they were perfect right here. With the universe as big as it is, somewhere, sometime, the conditions would line up and we should be thankful they did.
>>
>>130976423
>this thing is naturally complex, it must have been created by a higher power

only dumb people with no grasp of biology draw simple correlations like this.

>don't understand it
>must be god
>>
>>130985453
https://www.wired.com/2009/05/ribonucleotides/
>>
>>130985508

Yes it is. That is a logical fallacy. Glad to see you can comprehend. That was the example I gave as a comparible logical fallacy.
So yes what I said was a logical fallacy to compare and prove my point.
You aren't too bright are you? Lmfao.
>>
>>130985191
If you completely annihilate the Fall of Man, sure.

If you count the Fall of Man, then no, the Fall of Man irretrievably messed us up.

Killed us, in fact.
>>
>>130985521
it does wgen the differences in chimps in humans are multiple sets of fused chromosomes
>>
>>130976423
>More sophisticated than any man made invention
Aight I'm taking the bait.
Ever seen how a microprocessor works?
>>
>>130985444
If it was, you could not explain the 30% of it that is correct and true predictions of the future. Exactly as foretold.
>>
>>130985918
Those things aren't evidence, why do you keep treating them as such...
>>
>>130984493
>Until proven otherwise, there isn't a single thing in the universe that can observe it any meaningful way that isn't human
That could very well just imply that we're simply the first to achieve anything recognizable as consciousness though.

Can we really assume that the Universe's purpose precedes us? What if its true inheritor is still pond scum billions of light years away?
>>
>>130985235

Ok now apply that percentage to how many planets there are in just this galaxy alone you fucking child wishing for santa to be real
>>
>>130984003
This.
Intelligent Design of the Universe is real, but there are no man-made deities.
>>
>>130984664
Of course it is. Just like its possible and likely that many aspects of our current day science/mythology are incorrect to. My point was to highlight the progressive nature of all aspects of humanity over time... That includes : science, technology, religion, and mythology. Christianity didn't just magically appear on the scene and get it right. They copied from prior religions, edited some stuff, and revised some things. A creator and creation mythology isn't new. It wasn't coined by Christians or jews. Prior civilizations had tons of it. In some cases, it was even better.

> My question to you would be, why do you think existence needs a reason?
It goes without saying that it does. Do you play a modern video game composed of 5 million lines of code and be dumb and say : Gee, there's no reason why this exists? If you claim there's no reason why things exists then nothing should exist and you've actually proven my point. No matter what you declare, it leads back to a reasoned existence ... Funny that.

You sit around all day long creating things and bringing things into existence via your hands and mind as does much of life, yet you're foolish enough to not extend this beyond such a limited frame even as you look out and see ordered creation beyond.

The burden of proof is on you to create a plausible case for why there is no reason underlying existence yet things exist.
>>
>>130985505
We won't.

Your faith in humanity is misplaced, and you are being set up by inter-dimensional aliens to turn your soul over to them. That will not go well for you.
>>
>>130986003
Living cells are more advanced than microprocessors, and you're going to embarrass yourself if you cling to that argument.
>>
>>130976423
No it doesn't. Have you ever heard of confirmation bias?
>>
>>130985615
Really? you think it's wrong for an observer to prioritize the value of his continuity of observation over purely hypothetical external observers?

I genuinely doubt that.
>>
>>130985886
>https://www.wired.com/2009/05/ribonucleotides/
>a kind of organic snow which could accumulate as a reservoir of material ready for the next step in RNA synthesis.
>could
ah
>>
>>130976423
The cosmological argument is massively better than the clockmaker argument.
>>
>>130985723
What I'm saying is if God created all this, it doesn't have to be like "LOOK AT THIS FROG, GOD MAGICALLY MADE IT APPEAR THE WAY IT IS ON THIS EARTH." Everything has a process and there would be nothing wrong if he simply put the pieces of the whole in a way that led to this moment.

>>130985739
maybe your brain turns off

>>130985888
What you said is not equivalent to what people think.
>>
>>130985521
Using the Miller-Urey experiment as a test of randomness is foolish. It is an intelligently designed experiment.

The correct conclusion to draw from it is that with everything we have, we cannot create life.
>>
This entire thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that humans are FULL of mindless superstitious nigger-tier LARPers who cling to the supernatural because in their sad and horrific desperation they FEAR death and will believe anything if it helps them cope with the inevitable.

Sad!
>>
>>130985674
huehuehue
>>
>>130986136
>No matter what you declare, it leads back to a reasoned existence ... Funny that.
Is that not a red flag for you?
>>
>>130985683
No there isn't. Equally impossible.
>>
>>130985855
Exactly. But to me it seems as if it takes more faith/belief to believe that the planet we live on somehow got it right with such slim margins of success with no creator. So many things had to have fallen into place just right for us to have made it this far.
>>
>>130986271

Religious people generally aren't afraid of death.
>>
>>130976423
Honestly. How anyone with a pair of eyes and ears and even a 2 digit IQ can look around; believing that all we are surrounded by is "evolution" or some cosmic accident, beggars belief.
THAT is "magical thinking".

Our physical world is a testament to the genius and glory of our God.
>>
>>130986196
Archive clickbaiters
https://archive.is/rNeaV
>>
>>130986188
You may prioritize it, but claiming absolutes like "It doesn't exist because I don't know about it" is shit-tier.
>>
>>130985841
The physical, material universe is subject to entropy, thermodynamics, conservation, etc., and there is a distinct lack of heat death.
>>
>>130976423
Dude it's not hard to get. Primordial ooze was hit by lightning on a diamond rock which created a proto-cell that remarkably had all the machinery needed to survive and thrive. Can't believe there are dumb bigot rednecks who can't understand this.
>>
File: life as we do not know it.jpg (21KB, 200x304px) Image search: [Google]
life as we do not know it.jpg
21KB, 200x304px
WARNING; IF YOU ARE A CHRISTKEK DON'T READ THIS POST.

To any of you interested in some of the predominate theories (and issues) regarding the origin of life on earthy, I highly recommend Peter Ward's "Life As We Do Not Know It". It covers a wide variety of possible scenarios and concerns regarding origin theories.
>>
>>130976423
>A human cell is more sophisticated than any man made invention.

Source?
>>
>>130986142
This is my problem with religious people. You have 'faith' in your sky daddy, but you won't put faith in your own species. If we don't achieve those grand designs, which are already set in motion, it will be because of ignorant and willingly obstructionist people like you.

We only get one life. We only have a max of 100 or so years to build and enhance our planet, our people and prepare the next generation to do the same. We should be spending it investing in reality, building for that future we desire. Not just praying for the latest victims of terror on facebook.
>>
File: CxbEHkdVIAAF_X1.jpg (237KB, 1000x677px) Image search: [Google]
CxbEHkdVIAAF_X1.jpg
237KB, 1000x677px
DUDE CELLS ARE SO SOPHISTICATED
>>
>>130986025
The first two human beings changing from how they were created, and only able to have children in their dead and fallen image, is exactly why I am not saying there was something wrong with God's creation from the beginning.

Something very bad happened, and until you know what that something is, you're going to stay dead, just like you are right now.
>>
File: 21solstice-master768.jpg (36KB, 768x451px) Image search: [Google]
21solstice-master768.jpg
36KB, 768x451px
Can someone make sure to create another thread and link it in here before we hit the bump limit. It's a shame threads like this just end. Someone create a new thread and link it here.
>>
>>130986271
Christians aren't the ones afraid of death you daft cuck.
>>
>>130986016
>correct and true predictions
>literally drawing paralells to any current event in order to continue believing, however wrong the prediction is

And this is why you're crazy. There is no single "prediction" from the bible that has or ever will take place. It's fantasy. Grow up.
>>
File: I'M_GOD.jpg (6KB, 232x230px) Image search: [Google]
I'M_GOD.jpg
6KB, 232x230px
>he thinks god programmed this game and gave this opponent (the devil) a ruleset that would allow him to destroy god (the nerdy gamerboy who programmed this world from the start, including the devil) and win the game.

hahah clearly you dont know that god/s is a gamer fag. w(whom uses cheat codes, trainers and aim bots in secret)

god/s must be korean
>>
>>130984493

there are 100 billion galaxies in the
observable universe, that means like is likely hundreds of billions more in the universe that we can't yet see. each one of those galaxies has billions of suns, each one of those suns with the possibility of one or multiple orbiting planets.

by sheer probability alone, we are not the first life to attain consciousness. the likely reason no contact has been made is due to the vast distances between everything. we're too far apart for communication with each other to be possible as far as we know.
>>
>>130986271
Anyone who doesn't fear death has never confronted it's ramifications in any meaningful way.
>>
>>130986344
In what regard?

Do you even understand the distinction between a closed system and an open system?
"Life cannot originate in a closed system" is an objectively true statement with zero question.
"Life cannot originate in an open system" is far more questionable and open to discussion.

This the primary distinction that allows aseptic techniques to be as successful as they are, and the real question with regards to spontaneous generation.
>>
>>130986465
People who love lies, and love the people who create wonderful lies.

Why do you love lies so much? Is it just a family thing?
>>
File: NGC1275_HubblePestana_3891.jpg (2MB, 3891x3742px) Image search: [Google]
NGC1275_HubblePestana_3891.jpg
2MB, 3891x3742px
>>130985693
Nothing is a definitive argument for anything in this realm, and that's sort of the point.

Certainly the complexity of life can be used to allude to a creator, even when knowing the complex biological processes that we can observe going on in the background. Evolution isn't a total explanation for the complexity of life, even tho it can adequately explain any specific complex organism; nor can evolution in any way disprove the idea of a creator.

I think one of the best allusions to a creator is probably the Big Bang Theory and the idea of a singularity. The scientific story of our creation so far, is about as mystical as any science fiction writer could ever dream of making up.

One of the hardest things for science to accept now and into the future is that the more we learn about the universe, the more mystical it will become. Science can only serve to make the idea of a creator stronger.
>>
>>130986368
Our planet didn't choose to get it right. Nothing decided to make things according to some grand design. We are a product of our environment, so of course to us our environment seems perfect. If we had evolved in a different environment, bacteria living in thermal vents for example, we would find the highly oxidized world extremely toxic and incompatible. We each came from our environment, and our environment too, was shaped by the larger cosmic environment.
>>
>>130986451
How is this evidence for what you're claiming??? How are those things costs or benefits and not just phenomena?
>>
Could someone not make a computer simulation of a cell?
>>
>>130986476
8th grade biology. So, what, next year for you.
>>
>>130976423
God is more sophisticated than anything else you can imagine. Does that not allude to a creator of your god?
>>
>>130986632

LOL. Christians are so afraid of death they'll waste their entire lives slobbering over some made up shit that some faggot shepherds came up with.

RELIGION WAS INVENTED TO QUELL OUR FEAR OF DEATH. THOSE WHO FEAR DEATH POUR ALL FUTILE "FAITH" INTO NOTHINGNESS.
>>
>>130986657
> gave this opponent (the devil) a ruleset that would allow him to destroy god (the nerdy gamerboy who programmed this world from the start, including the devil) and win the game.

Nah, dude. Its already been written. The devil loses. Even the enemies of God ultimately serve his purpose. He's inescapable
>>
>>130986071

Actually life has proven by physics to be just about ENTIRELY IMPOSSIBLE that life formed here on earth on it's own.
So much so Hawking tries to say a meteor brought life here instead, had to be, since life can't form here on it's own.
But that leaves us with the same problems all over again.
However I will take the fact that life is impossible to have formed HERE on it's own. Then I look at the milky way.
If life is SO INCREDIBLY unlikely to form here on it's own, then I have to apply that to all spacial planetoids.
First they have to be the right size. Second they have to be within the habitable zone of their host star. THIRD, even then I must know that life is STILL impossible. Because physicists have said so about my own world.
Therefore I must conclude there may very well be NO OTHER life in my solar system.
After all there is a limited number of stars in my Milky Way. The number is high, but they are limited. The unlikelihood of life forming here on Earth on it's own is infinite. Said so by physics.
Therefore, comparing the odds, I must say that life is unlikely to reside elsewhere in my milky way due to the limited number of stars.
However if the stars in the UNIVERSE are infinite, and perhaps they are, then it's comparing infinite chances to infinite unlikelihood. In that scenario somewhere, in the whole universe, there might be another life giving world. Might be.
And that's the best supposition I can give you. Based on science.
>>
>>130986709

There are no ramifications for the deceased, dumb. You're dead. The end. You're welcome to try and prove otherwise but you can't.
>>
>>130986520
Correct.

The object of your faith is crucial, not the fact that you have faith (everyone does) or the strength of your faith (everyone was given different amounts).

The Object of faith is crucial. My faith is planted firmly in the risen Christ Jesus.

You think you'll live in the Star Trek universe.
>>
File: sakura.png (181KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
sakura.png
181KB, 337x404px
>>130986741
Umm... christcuck? What are you doing?

I explicitly told you not to read that post.
Quit being rude.
>>
>>130986791
In what way is a cell more complex than the Large Hadron Collider?
>>
File: 1492459214415.jpg (222KB, 800x937px) Image search: [Google]
1492459214415.jpg
222KB, 800x937px
>>130986671
>its all just a trick from nasa though, god's creation can't be this maginificent because my little brain can't comprehend the enormity of it!!!!

Really makes you hate these insults to God's great creation.
>>
>>130986868
>Actually life has proven by physics to be just about ENTIRELY IMPOSSIBLE that life formed here on earth on it's own.
source?
>>
>>130977114

>your imagination
>reality

Choose one FAGGOT
>>
>>130986919
Process for self-replication for one thing. Central Dogma alone is mindblowing.

Godforbid the LHC ever learns how to multiply.
>>
>>130986834
Yeah lol, keep telling yourself that m8. I've never met a Christian who was terrified of death, however, all the atheists I know are cowards (like you) who fear death

Very sad!
>>
>>130986538
For example, how many megabytes of genetic data are stored in the human body? For simplicity’s sake, let’s ignore the microbiome (all non-human cells that live in our body), and focus only on the cells that make up our body. Estimates for the number of cells in the human body range between 10 trillion and 100 trillion. Let us take 100 trillion cells as the generally accepted estimate. So, given that each diploid cell contains 1.5 GB of data (this is very approximate, as I am only accounting for the diploid cells and ignoring the haploid sperm and egg cells in our body), the approximate amount of data stored in the human body is:

1.5 Gbytes x 100 trillion cells = 150 trillion Gbytes or 150×10^12 x 10^9 bytes = 150 Zettabytes (10^21)!!!
>>
>>130986868
What the fuck does hawkings know about abiogenisis, you might as well ask Tony Hawks
>>
>>130976423

If by creator you mean God in the traditional sense, I'm not inclined to assign authorship of complex biological organisms to that creator, but I also can not subscribe to the idea that an organic compound could, by chance, assemble itself into self-replicating organisms that could, over time and by pure accident, increase their complexity without forfeiting their own integrity.

Here's an interesting text that, while containing bias for a judeo-christian narrative, is also informative:
>http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html
>>
>>130986834

We're not afraid of death. At all. Thanks though.
>>
>>130986247
it's a test of primitive conditions on earth producing organic molecules from inorganic ones. life is made of organic molecules. those molecules didn't just appear from the heavens. it took millions of years for life to develop.
>>
>>130980878
You're just not understanding the Bible, or listening to cursory celerity atheist interpretations. When it comes to matters of genesis and reality, there is nothing that is patently wrong. Quite the opposite, but explained poetically and/or simply. Fibonacci and the underlying math of design is alluded to, and Genesis pretty much falls in line with modern theories. If you're gonna talk about Adam and Eve and Noah like an autist missing the point, then sure I agree!
>>
>>130986919
>a few pieces of metals put together
>a fucking nanobiomachine that can make walking meat popsicles who build large hadron colliders and NUKES
>>
>>130986634
Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a colt on Palm Sunday, Nisan 10, 32 AD, exactly the day Daniel prophesied he would in 586 BC.

Exactly, to the day.

If you found Christopher Columbus' diary, and he predicted Trump would be elected President of the USA, would you dismiss that as well?
>>
>>130987058

Google
>>
>>130986898
It's funny that you'd say that, considering you base your faith in a zombie, and I place my faith in real people doing real things right now. We're going to Mars. We're building on the moon. These things are happening, even if you don't like it. I have faith that we'll continue putting along without a nuclear holocaust for long enough to finish those dreams.

What does your faith inspire you to do? The best thing about Christianity is when your human life is over an you get to enjoy eternal paradise, so what motive do you have to make our own planet an eternal paradise?
>>
>>130986722
Life cannot come from non-life in any scope, any conditions, ever.

(((They))) have you thinking your a random accident, while (((they))) tell their children they are the chosen of God.

Wake up.
>>
>>130986003
Yes, and it is clear that someone carefully designed them. The clear observation of design is present in just about everything. Yet, like idiots, some claim its random. You don't look at a microprocessor that is less sophisticated and say it was random. The same logic holds for the natural universe and it is backed by science if you know where to look. However, Few people are educated w.r.t science. They tend to be the loudest idiots claiming what science conveys.
>>
>>130987105
>how many megabytes of genetic data are stored in the human body?
why human body and not single cell? the DNA in the entire body (apart of reproductive cells) is the same.
>>
>>130987105
>For example, how many megabytes of genetic data are stored in the human body?
Replication of genetic material is not evidence of complexity, christcuck. There's a good reason why 90% of DNA doesn't actually code for anything, and it's because gene sequences frequently duplicate themselves.

A polysomal organism is not more complex than its predecessor just because it has 2x the DNA. It just means it has twice the expression.
>>
It takes inner strength and maturity to accept that there is no god, no sky daddy to come save you from yourself and all the bullshit original sin fantasy permanent guilt complex designed to keep you a slave to the church.

Christkeks are just too dim and terrified to see clearly.
>>
>>130987320
>>130987132
>implying life is an "accident" from this perspective in the first place
You're dumb.
>>
>>130986782
You substituted the material physical universe in for the eternal spirit being, God.

Your substitution was false, as the material physical universe has to follow laws that God, the Law Maker, makes.

If you think the universe is eternal, you're an idiot, not religious, and not scientifically bent either.
>>
>>130986907
Christkek, I believe you posted.

Christkek.
>>
File: Real Picture Of God.jpg (25KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
Real Picture Of God.jpg
25KB, 620x348px
I'll say this

God/s battlestation blows the fuck out of anyone else's on the planet here

Just look at these graphics and these amazing ragdoll physics

God/s is a l33t gamer fag, he got teh micro
>>
>>130986919
In every way possible.
>>
>>130987225
you're the one making the claim, not google
give us sauce or shut the fuck up
>>
>>130987094
Maybe because Christians, like radical terrorists with a suicide vest, believe that their life will get them better things in the afterlife. Atheists are concerned that once they die, they can no longer influence the world. The difference is there's infinite proof for this world existing, absolutely 0 for an afterlife existing.
>>
>>130987427
heat-death of the universe is a meme
>>
>>130987094

>implying I'm atheist
>implying that Christians aren't all LARPing with nervous laughter at one another because they're so fucking afraid of the truth (that their religion is absolutely, 100% made up horseshit) so they just chuckle and nudge elbows and pretend to play it cool - meanwhile they're literally SCREAMING on the inside that BOY I sure hope this retarded Jesus shit is real because if it isn't I do NOT want to die.

All your ""faith"" can't fight the facts of reality, and no matter how smug and cool you pretend to be, you know that deep down, nothing about Christianity or any major religion is true at all. And you're so fucking afraid of that fact you're just going to keep chuckling and pretending to be the one-upper.
>>
>>130987224

Sure he did. Did he also predict the thousands of other regular travellers that rode in on their donkey that day?

You're trying too hard to make something of nothing, so you can convince yourself that your fantasy of religion exists and will provide you with your crazy and illogical make believe paradise.

Do you see the extents people will go to in order to fool themselves?
>>
>>130977114
Like the Big Bang. The universe has always existed, it had no creator or singularly
>>
>>130987344
>it is backed by science if you know where to look.
if you know where to look.

the christian monitor isn't a legit scientific source.

there wouldn't be any 'sophistication' without 'randomness'.
>>
File: death.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>130987171
>We're not afraid of death.

yeah keep telling yourself that, Im pretty sure I believe you, much less you believe yourself.
>>
>>130987200
>When it comes to matters of genesis and reality, there is nothing that is patently wrong.
The notion that we are created in God's image is a crucial dogma to Christian philosophy and central to Genesis, and saying that anything in the bible relates to modern physics takes veeeery liberal interpretation of the versus.
>>
>>130987177
Nope. Universe is a little over 6000 years old. Stop buying the bullshit.

>Herp derp humanity has been here for 100,000 years, but we only seem to have 4000 years of human history recorded or evidenced anywhere. Still, 100,000 years though.
>>
>>130987319
Zombie implies undead: Jesus rose from the dead in a resurrected and glorified body, far better than this body can ever be.

Yet another reason to ask Jesus to save your dumb maple leaf ass.
>>
>>130986337
Yes, it's a red flag that clearly existence is reasons and exists in a created capacity for such reasons. You (see) the red flag too. They're all around you. You're just being cute in trying not to admit what it means.
>>
>>130987320
>Life cannot come from non-life in any scope, any conditions, ever.
You have no authority by which to make these claims.
>>
>>130987517
>implying Allah was White
>>
>>130986671
>by sheer probability alone, we are not the first life to attain consciousness.
I used to think this too, but it's actually not the case.
A). We do not have any means of calculating the probability of the formation of intelligent life.
B). Even on infinite scales it is possible for events to be one off phenomenon.

I mean you accept the idea that there is and only will ever be one you, right? So why not believe the same about intelligent life?
>>
>>130987371
You believe the "simple cell" and "bag of salt" guy. You have zero credibility.
>>
Technically computers are a product of nature, mind blown stay woke.
>>
>>130987681
>Nope. Universe is a little over 6000 years old.
idiot detected time to abort thread
>>
>>130987504
>He doesn't know about wordfilters.
CHRISTKEK
Christcuck

Same word. Different filter.
>>
>>130987392
Oh, yes, the infamous "junk DNA" theory that has been debunked for what, 10 years now?

DNA is an organic data storage device of amazing complexity.

And you think it "evolved" from exploding gas.
>>
File: xenomorph.jpg (4KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
xenomorph.jpg
4KB, 284x177px
>>130987772
If jewsus came back in a better body he'd look liek the fucking Xenomorph and not a fucking broken gay human body.
>>
>>130987393
If I'm wrong about Christ, then I just live a great life of substance and grace that is the Christ. However, if you're wrong, you spend eternity in hell. Regardless of there being a creator or not, Jesus' teachings are incredible and If implemented by everyone, the world would be a fantastic place.
>>
>>130987845
>You believe the "simple cell" and "bag of salt" guy. You have zero credibility.
how does this relate to the question i asked you in my previous post?
>>
File: tumblr_m9vpgl8G0e1qjs7mxo1_500.jpg (89KB, 425x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9vpgl8G0e1qjs7mxo1_500.jpg
89KB, 425x360px
>>130987681

here's a sculpture from 30,000 BC you retard. you're either trolling or seriously insanely stupid.
>>
>>130987681
>I can't understand God's creation and won't attempt to do so, so I'll just undervalue it and hope I'm right
>>
>>130987647
He did, actually, identifying the Messiah, a unique figure in the world's history.

Jesus of Nazareth, aka Jesus Christ.

Perhaps you've heard of him.
>>
File: zambie.png (4KB, 214x140px) Image search: [Google]
zambie.png
4KB, 214x140px
>>130987772
I promise if I ever meet Jesus, that's the first thing I'm going to ask. It's a shame I'll never get to because Jesus was most likely a whole bunch of different prophets wandering the desert who live normal human lives and died normal human deaths afterwards.
>>
>>130987556
Christians are compelled to live fruitful lives that impact others in a positive way to lead others towards the Christ. What are you talking about?
>>
>>130987827
Just the truth.
>>
File: 1485730408100.png (260KB, 1685x1930px) Image search: [Google]
1485730408100.png
260KB, 1685x1930px
>>130987999

PASCAL'S WAGER RIGHT ON TIME
>>
>>130987606
*tips fedora*
>>
>>130987996
Correct. He looks astonishing, so much so that John looking at him fell on his face as though dead. And that was His best friend.

His enemies won't fare so well.
>>
>>130988029
>B-BUT THEY'RE JUST LYING! how do we even know anyway if its truly 32 thousand ears old??
>>
>>130987517

Actually your god is a shit game developer. We are too limited by gravity to do any cool shit kung fu maneuvers and we die waaay too easily.

If god is a gamer, he is also a shit ass programmer.
>>
>>130988337
git gud
>>
>>130988223

Thanks for yet another win. Me, 4693, Christcucks, 0.
>>
>>130988028
Because I showed you how much storage was in one person's DNA, proving that there is a coder involved in the making of human beings, and you sperg out saying all DNA is the same.

Look, monkey, you can believe whatever you want. You can believe your great grandaddy is a monkey, your great-great-great grandaddy is a monkey, whatever you want.

You just cannot escape from the consequences of being a fool.
>>
>>130987999
>Jesus' teachings are incredible and If implemented by everyone, the world would be a fantastic place.
You mean YOUR interpretation of his teachings right? Because there have been many who interpreted his words differently and there is much blood on Christianity's hands for this. To me, this is just normal, bloody history. Christians trying to say that simply studying the bible will make you a good person is wrong.
>>
>>130986891
>There are no ramifications for the deceased, dumb.
No shit faggot, they're dead.
You however are not, which means the prospect of being dead has ramifications for you, as demonstrated by the simple fact that you will cease to be alive.
>>
>>130988029
You know there is no such material thing as "age", right? And that they "aged" this by methods that I would openly mock?
>>
>>130988398
That's not proof though.
>>
>>130987959
>Oh, yes, the infamous "junk DNA" theory that has been debunked for what, 10 years now?
I don't think you actually read anything I wrote and are simply reading what you want to read.

I did not use the term "Junk DNA", and it's not a theory that large swathes of DNA mutated duplicates that lost functionality. Again; this is not a signal of complexity.

Nothing in your post undermines my point.
>>
>>130976423
OMG look at all that inequality within the cell!!! It's not fair that certain parts of the cell receive more nutrients than other parts of the cell!
>>
File: 1498089013482.jpg (177KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1498089013482.jpg
177KB, 600x849px
>>130976423
but can it run crysis?
>>130976648
FPBP
>>
>>130988403
You're right, studying the Bible alone won't make you a good person. Living a life like Jesus however would.
>>
File: mechanical-gears-watch-gears.jpg (105KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mechanical-gears-watch-gears.jpg
105KB, 600x600px
>>130987414
Read carefully: I didn't write I didn't think complex biological forms were the result of a creator, just that I don't think it was the judeo-christian god, for the purpose of clarifying a common element in discussions of such nature.
>>
>>130986586
The issue is, as far as the Jews have said in their religios text (Tanakh) from which Genesis is derived :
> Bereshit (בְּרֵאשִׁית, literally "In the beginning")—Genesis
is that this same story is claimed to have been the story of Heaven.

So, according the (((them))), there were multiple (falls) in multiple layers of God's creation. Now you can very well believe in a creator and creation without accepting the jew's mythos. There are many other creation mythos and the jews weren't the first to write it. There's no reason to believe that they are the ones who have the correct story. DESU, I take all creations of man especially such fantastical claims as religion with a grain of salt. It isn't a knock against the creator or creation, it is an acceptance that man lies, embellishes truth, and twists it up to serve their own agenda. You'd be a fool to blindly accept a story written by man claimed to be from God. There's nothing stopping anyone from making such a claim. The truth is ever present in the universe and is the real litmus test for any conceptions or writings of man.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeDzSfquYcs
>>
>>130988398
>Because I showed you how much storage was in one person's DNA
>So, given that each diploid cell contains 1.5 GB of data
(as of the first post in this chain)
1.5 GB is nothing nowaday
>proving that there is a coder involved in the making of human beings
care to explain how does this proves your claim, logical step by logical step you took to get there?
>>
>>130988138
>Christians are compelled to live fruitful lives that impact others in a positive way
Some Christians anyways. I don't actually have a problem with Christians, I'm talking about the philosophy of God and the afterlife. Sure the scripture tells you to life a fruitful life and impact others positively, but it also tells you that you can sin and get away with it if you apologize, and that no matter how bad your life is your afterlife will be amazing.
That's just bad advice, considering there's no proof that any kind of afterlife could even possibly exist.
Thread posts: 407
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.