[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"A plan to create a 'fix room' for heroin use

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (90KB, 964x641px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 964x641px
"A plan to create a 'fix room' for heroin users in Glasgow took a step forward today.

The UK's first protected space for addicts to take drugs will be located in the south east of the city centre, between the Trongate, Saltmarket and the River Clyde."

>be scottish
>fund a place drug addicts can shoot heroin with no consquences instead of simply locking them up for a few weeks cold turkey
>MILLIONS of pounds per year of funding despite lots scots being considerably poor
>no opposition to this plan
>no mention that this indirectly encourages drug use

How do we save Scotland?

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/glasgows-235m-fix-room-heroin-13215233
>>
>>130820786
Its a good idea, they should legalise heroin and all drugs. Locking people up doesn't do shit, they get out and find drugs anyway. We should sell drugs legally and tax the fuckers. It someone dies of a heritages overdose they made their fucking choice.

No point using tax payer money to lock em up when there are plenty of drugs in prison. Never mind that they'll be shooting up again once they get out.
>>
>>130821297
*Heroin ovedose, stupid tablet! Fuckin heritage overdose kek.
>>
>>130820786

This works, an injecting room was opened in I think 2000 or 2001 in the redlight district in sydney that had a massive heroin problem. Prior to this a dead person would be found every morning in one of the alleys and about 250 needles had to be cleaned up every day by volunteers.Crime was rampant and junkies were everywhere, child addicts sold their bodies on the streets. Now its a squeeky clean boring area full of old retired boomers
>>
>>130820786
Of course it was glasgow, and scots wonder why we are sick of subsidising them.
>>
How do these places actually work?
What sorts of things do they ask a junkie before providing them with a fix?
>>
>>130820786

Fixing rooms emperically lower deaths, crimes and reduces costs for society

Junkies are junkies, better to have them controlled and supervised

Medically ordained heroin is another step: One junkie has to steal like 1000 dollars worth of stuff a DAY to stay buzzed, this is one of the places where the state actually can do it cheaper for the benefit of all.
>>
>>130820786

I am guessing it will be here then?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Clyde+House,+14+Clyde+St,+Glasgow+G1+5JH/@55.8536004,-4.2500121,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x488815562056ceeb:0x71e683b805ef511e!2sGlasgow!3b1!8m2!3d55.864237!4d-4.251806!3m4!1s0x488846a2f03893b7:0x7504565c62001605!8m2!3d55.8536004!4d-4.2478234

It's an old homeless shelter.
>>
>>130820786
Choose life Scots.
>>
>>130821997
It could also help if they only provide heroin to addicts willing to give up information about their previous dealers, is perfect, they are desperate and have no honor anyway, and if they can get heroin from the facility they won't need the dealer anymore anyway.
>>
>>130822196
Kek, you poles always have the bantz.
>>
>>130821994
They don't provide them with a fix they just give them clean needles so they prevent spreading of diseases and they give them a room so dey don't lay on the streets while high
>>
>>130822468
I see, it's not quite what I thought they do then. Not at all.
But still probably worth it, if it's done economically. At the very least they can get data on how many people will use those rooms.
>>
File: 1493003363356.jpg (131KB, 720x529px) Image search: [Google]
1493003363356.jpg
131KB, 720x529px
>>130821297
>heritages overdose
kek

In all seriousness though, fpbp. Legalize it all, regulate, tax etc. and remove the stigma from it. Whether you think it is degenerate or not, that would be the economical thing to do.

But it would also involve the UK government admitting that it is wrong about drug policy, and that is why it won't happen in our lifetimes, so these 'rooms' are the next best thing I guess.
>>
Glasgow is the most depressing place in the UK, I'm convinced it's got a bad psychic imprint or something. Look up the Glasgow effect, even the rich people living in nice parts of the city are more prone to depression and suicide far out of step with places close to them in the country
>>
File: Ruchazie.jpg (256KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Ruchazie.jpg
256KB, 1024x768px
>>130823423
Glasgows not as depressing as it was as many
really bad areas were demolished and rebuilt just look at Easterhouse/Garthamlock/Ruchazie these areas were extremely violent and they were full of grey depressing tenements but now you wouldnt recognize them compared to the early 2000s since theyre mostly rebuilt.
>>
>>130820786
Needle exchange programs were decried as making doing heroin easier. Nobody starts or stops doing heroin because of access to needles. If anything, being able to use a fresh needle each time cuts down on bloodborne transmission of HIV.

Drugs are degenerate, yes. Needles are cheap af and exchange programs are very effective at cutting down on HIV transmission among drug users.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.