[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name ONE reason the electoral college isn't a retarded,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 29

File: Ragecopy.png (235KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ragecopy.png
235KB, 582x600px
Name ONE reason the electoral college isn't a retarded, outdated, democracy-killing system that ONLY favors republicans
Protip: you can't
>>
>>130746221
>we love affirmative action, except when we don't
>>
>>130746221
>ONLY favors republicans
Explain Obama.
>>
>>130746221
Go read The Federalist Papers
>>
America is not a democracy so it ain't killing shit
>>
>>130746221
Californias are not people and do not deserve to control this entire nation simply because alot of people live in that shithole
>>
File: 1492411097598.jpg (27KB, 294x325px) Image search: [Google]
1492411097598.jpg
27KB, 294x325px
>>130746221
>only favors republican
what about when it doesnt OP?
>>
>>130746221
You're right. It's outdated and terrible and awful and dumb and shit and stupid and retarded. Exactly like the Second Amendment.

Now change the law or shut the fuck up, faggot.
>>
>>130746221

it's designed to work against gruop-think. It's working decently but should be working better.
>>
>>130746221
We are not a democracy so it makes sense that our national electoral system is not democratic.
>>
>>130746221
Electoral college is bad for democracy on purpose, because democracies suck.
>>
Because urbanite trash are worth less then people who actually produce stuff like food
>>
>>130746221
Commiefornias and New Cuckians should not decide the fate of America
>>
>>130746221
>Name ONE reason the electoral college isn't a retarded..
there are several and if you don't know them by now then I would assume you are the retard.
>>
>>130746518
obama won the popular vote, literally kill yourself ONLY republicans have EVER won an election without the popular vote because of the college
>>
>>130746221
>democracy-killing system

oh sweetie, it's working as intended when we're not a democracy
>>
>>130746221
well for one it protects the rest of america from the california shitskin invasion

if the other states were even a fraction as gay or deluded as california you tacos wouldve had an electoral landslide
>>
there isn't political will power to improve it. the system has calcified and the political machine has embraced it and use it as a barrier to entry for the un-connected.
>>
>ONLY favors republicans
Explain Obama then
>>
>>130746909
people have been trying to abolish the electoral college for decades. but for SOME REASON its politically impossible.
huh, i wonder why that could be. i wonder why you can't get enough vote to do away with a system that ALWAYS favors one side
>>
>>130747428
Yeah, Washington insider trump just won, proving your theory correct.
>>
Without the Electoral College California, New York, Texas, and Florida would run the country.
>>
File: 1497574633236.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497574633236.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>a small portion of the west coast of a massive country spanning four time zones and nearly every environment imaginable should be allowed to decide every election because they imported a bunch of spics

Yeah wow, direct democracy would sure do wonders for us. California knows what's best for New York and Illinois and Texas and Florida and Hawaii and Alaska and Ohio and Montana and Maine.
>>
>>130746221
sore loser

its worked for centuries leave it be
>>
You are mad because you are angry lol
>>
>>130746221
The reason it was instituted was so a politician couldn't promise gimmes to heavily populated areas, thus ignoring the needs of the rest of the country
>>
>>130746221
>Name ONE reason the electoral college isn't a retarded, outdated, democracy-killing system
Can't.
>that ONLY favors republicans
Because it also locks other parties out of the system, which benefits both parties.

>>130746653
What if I have, and I see 240 years of the system they created doesn't work? It's not the 18th century anymore, to the chagrin of the future slave owning classes. We can actually use modern, expressive voting systems like score voting instead of pledging allegiance to one or the other private corporation. But engendering corporate loyalty is the whole point of the vote, isn't it?
>>
>>130746221

ha ha get bent leftie
>>
>>130746221

If port cities dictated national policy beyond their already massive economic and regional influence, there would be no reason for the union to exist

Stay mad
>>
We can't even get things both parties agree on passed. We are fucking locked in right now and only minor changes will ever happen politically unless there's a revolution, and no one cared about the EC that much. Maybe there will be the UBI uprisings of 2053.
>>
>>130746333
Fpbp
>>
File: typical liberals.jpg (49KB, 640x880px) Image search: [Google]
typical liberals.jpg
49KB, 640x880px
>>130746221
>>
>California and New York now dictate the entire country

Seems pretty fucking retarded seeing as we're the UNITED states of America.
>>
>>130747122
>>130746665
>>130747339
>>130747651
>>130747615
>>130747117
>>130746811
>states that side with ME deserve to have more power per person because REEEEEE SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
literally kill yourself.

>>130747657
it never worked you fucking retard.

>>130747786
so now they can ignore the entire country except swing states, great plan.

>>130747850
between republican and democrat, all the most powerful states per capita are ALWAYS red states, and the weakest per capita are ALWAYS blue states. this is objectively unfair and ALWAYS favors republicans
>>
>>130746221
Because without it, cuckolds and kikes would dictate policy for "flyover" states. How stupid are you?
>>
Getting rid of it, terrible idea. Now, if you wanted to add more electors (and more representatives) into the system to give the more populous states a little more say than they do now, that is fine because it will still be difficult for the larger states to overrun everything else but there are just too many people in our country to keep things as they are. We need more representatives in our more populous states.

Or we need to do away with the entire constitution and draft a new one to fit the modern america
>>
>>130747563

Yeah, cause Trump was such an outsider and never rubbed elbows with filthy politicians, especially not the likes of the crooked Clintons or kike bankers.
>>
>>130748241
Government already dictates more to the average person in CA and NY than Wyoming and Vermont. The EC and the Senate are the best ways to balance it out.
>>
File: C5RkY5YUkAA7QqP.jpg (170KB, 1125x1096px) Image search: [Google]
C5RkY5YUkAA7QqP.jpg
170KB, 1125x1096px
To prevent states with larger populations from having undue influence.

The Founders wanted to balance the will of the populace against the risk of "tyranny of the majority," in which the voices of the masses can drown out minority interests.

If the election depended solely on the popular vote, then candidates could limit campaigning to heavily-populated areas or specific regions.

LOL
YOU STILL WANT A CIVIL WAR?
TRY AND CHANGE IT

You're surrounded and the military is with the people
How hard will it be to just say "Goodbye" to the cancerous regions?

Hint: Not very
>>
>>130747548
Yeah I dunno man. Why is it so hard to make amendments to the highest ruling law document of a land? Why can't one generation of uneducated fucking faggots undo the entire threads that hold together our country because of their feelings!? FUCKING BULLSHIT MAN! WHY CAN'T WE JUST CHANGE SHIT ALL WILLY NILLY GOD DAMN IT REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
It's purpose is exactly about what happened in 2016. People have a hard time admitting this simple truth. Working as intended.
>>
It's necessary so that each state has an equal say as to not create animosity between the different states. You think Texas would appreciate California deciding the election? I don't.
>>
Because it literally saved the republic in 2016
>>
>>130746221
>democracy

USA is a Republic. The President represents the States. The Electoral college is the States electing the president.

Congress represents the people.
>>
>>130748241
My one complaint about what you've said is that swing states do change, not quickly and easily but they do. I rather our presidential candidates go to swing states rather than the most densely populated regions of the country
>>
File: 1497992008364.jpg (48KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497992008364.jpg
48KB, 512x512px
>>130748672
The Electoral College guarantees certainty to the outcome of the presidential election. If the election were based on popular vote, it would be possible for a candidate to receive the highest number of popular votes without actually obtaining a majority. [11] This happened with President Nixon in 1968 and President Clinton in 1992, when both men won the most electoral votes while receiving just 43% of the popular vote. [11] The existence of the Electoral College precluded calls for recounts or demands for run-off elections. The electoral process can also create a larger mandate to give the president more credibility; for example, President Obama received 51.3% of the popular vote in 2012 but 61.7% of the electoral votes. [14] In 227 years, the winner of the popular vote has lost the electoral vote only five times. [2] This proves the system is working.
>>
>>130746221
So why did Democrats put the system into place?
>>
>>130747615
>actually thinking these states are monolithic hive minds
>current year
Put down your theory papers and canned arguments and look at the world as it is. Here's a compromise for you: require the Maine and Nebraska proportional elector systems in all states, if you really need to have some oligarch between the people and the vote.

>>130747936
I see no problem with this.

>>130748241
Only because of the winner-take-all CUSTOM in assigning electoral votes. The founders hated democracy and set out to thwart it every way they could. The electoral college was one of them.
Clearly the problem is in a voter having to pledge allegiance to a candidate, which is completely circumvented by non-ranked-choice voting methods like score voting.

>>130748638
>muh larp
>muh traditions
>muh cheap slaves
>muh bourgeoisie
You are obsolete. Neck yourself.

>>130748752
>Congress represents the people.
In the same way a dragon dildo represents a dragon penis. Enough of this representational shit.
>>
Fucking idiots complain about it today and praise it tomorrow,
Enough with the hollow and pointless politics

You know damn well how important checks and balances are in THIS country
>>
>>130748628

Yeah what kind of idiot cant see the importance of the electoral collage.
>>
>>130748970
>In the same way a dragon dildo represents a dragon penis. Enough of this representational shit.
What is your specific solution?
>>
But you already live in a democratic state that legislates most of the laws which govern your day to day life. The Federal government of the United States is a system designed to represent each of those democratic states in a forum for their joint interests. Congratulations on not understanding though, enjoy complaining about the president the remainder of your adult life while ignoring the hard working state legislature that really governs you 99% of the time.
>>
>>130749153
The statement is true.
>>
File: CIVILWAR.jpg (340KB, 1125x1509px) Image search: [Google]
CIVILWAR.jpg
340KB, 1125x1509px
>>
>>130746221
It turns half of America into either Greater California and the other into Greater New York

Essentially the USSR.
>You're Poland and want to do such and such
>too bad, Russia voted no.

The Union would collapse immediately

Anyways democracy is shit
>>
>>130749153
he's still right you know

thank god we're not a democracy
>>
>>130746221

>Democrats are all but guaranteed to win a state with 55 electoral votes

STFU. Are Democrats too stupid to realize how much harder it is for Republicans to win the EC due to this?
>>
>>130748970
>You are obsolete.
I keep agreeing with you. This is all stupid and dumb and mean and retarded and slow.

Now change the laws or shut the fuck up, you faggot. Read the Constitution and stay mad.
>>
The Founding Fathers enshrined the Electoral College in the US Constitution because they thought it was the best method to choose the president. Using electors instead of the popular vote was intended to safeguard against uninformed or uneducated voters by putting the final decision in the hands of electors most likely to possess the information necessary to make the best decision; to prevent states with larger populations from having undue influence; and to compromise between electing the president by popular vote and letting Congress choose the president. [7] [8] [9] According to Alexander Hamilton, the Electoral College is if "not perfect, it is at least excellent," because it ensured "that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications." [7] The Founders wanted to balance the will of the populace against the risk of "tyranny of the majority," in which the voices of the masses can drown out minority interests. [10]
>>
>>130749211
Direct democracy. Failing that, score voting, with at-will recallability of any representative, which might even extend to first-level appointees.

>>130749786
I'll stay mad, thanks. Maybe when the US gets its ass handed to it for its knee-capping overseas we can have ourselves a Grundgesetz.
>>
>>130750701
Ah, so no more country then.
I get you.
Like 40 states would leave at minimum.
>>
File: fuck you op.png (322KB, 777x743px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you op.png
322KB, 777x743px
>>130746221
tHIS IS SOME LOW LEVEL BAIT, op. wHY ARE YOU EVEN TRYING?
>>
>>130751157
The USA is in many respects a bad, abusive marriage. Sometimes divorce really is the right solution, aside from not having gotten into some creepy smothering combination in the first place.
>>
Give out electoral votes proportionally. Pretty simple answer tbqh. You're precious red minority is protected an even given a voice in states where they are outnumbered (Think 1/3 of Cali's votes being red.) and it is far more reliable than winner take all at following the will of the people. The Senate and Congress were already made to defend the small states, the presidency doing so only gives unjust power to the minority. Power to do something like, I don't know, winning all three branches of government despite most people not wanting it that way.
>>
>>130751654
Divorce would be great.
I want to laugh when California loses its water.
>>
>>130746221
nigger heres why it was established. my vote shouldn't be equal to theirs
https://www.peta.org/blog/american-adults-think-chocolate-milk-comes-from-brown-cows/
>>
>>130750701
>Maybe when the US gets its ass handed to it for its knee-capping overseas
Off topic and irrelevant to the topic at hand. Back on topic: read the Constitution and change what it says via the outlined procedures or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>130751663
>the electoral system is rigged in favor of a party I don't like
>my solution is to rig the electoral system in favor of the party I like
>when my people win I have no complaints
>when they don't drastic country destroying changes must be immediately implemented
>>
>>130747204
Hillary won the popular vote in 2012. Shouldn't she have made Obama a one-term president?
>>
>>130752482
That was the dem primaries.
>>
>>130746221
>Why don't big states get to dictate the all of America's policy.

Aren't liberals the ones who are afraid about inequality and giving the less powerful rights?
>>
>>130752482
And 2008 iirc.
>>
>>130752700
They say that.
It has fallen flat though.
>>
>>130748411
Rollbacks. One representative per 30,000 people. Senators chosen by state legislatures.
>>
>>130752942
Start lobbying.
:-)
>>
>>130746221
We aren't a democracy and were never supposed to be one.
>>
>>130749072
no,only republicans praise it. ever.
checks and balances dont matter at all.
>>
>>130752085
>Back on topic
>muh constitution is holy writ
Honestly, getting beaten down by the rest of the globe is more likely over the next 50 years than getting the turkeys who have to ratify these things to vote themselves out of power. The Constitution is not a suicide pact.

>>130751927
Every scientist in the state would be drafted to work on efficient desalination. It would be a laugh.
>maybe if they pay Colorado enough they'll get visitation
>>
>>130753145
>we are condemned forevermore to reenacting the 18th century.
Ethos isn't an argument.
>>
File: SillyGoy.jpg (37KB, 398x582px) Image search: [Google]
SillyGoy.jpg
37KB, 398x582px
>>130746221
>democracy
>>
>>130752942
321.4 million divided by 30,000
10713 Representatives in the House

Time for a new capitol building

Now, senators chosen by state legislatures sounds good to me
>>
>>130753311
Bwahahahahahahahaha.
Your sour grapes are entertaining.
And exactly why the voters the democrats lost will not be coming back.
Instead of figuring out why you lost and learning from it you are bitter and want to hurt your political opponents when really you should be trying to win them over.
Keep up the good work.
>>
>>130753680
Better yet, how about they telecommute so that they don't speak off the record to one another and they don't trade sexual favors with each other to get bills passed?
>>
File: swastikaflaghitler.jpg (24KB, 250x234px) Image search: [Google]
swastikaflaghitler.jpg
24KB, 250x234px
>system created by white founding fathers favors white people

seems to be working just fine
>>
>>130753429
>environmentalists block desalinization efforts to save rare tortoise near extinction
>>
>>130746221
USA isn't a democracy you fucking chimp
>>
Why SHOULDN'T New York amd California have greater power when they are way more important than states like Alabama and Idaho?
>>
File: Trump-grin.jpg (47KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
Trump-grin.jpg
47KB, 667x500px
>Mfw i'm not even a fucking American and I have to fucking awnser this neanderthal.

1- You are not a direct democracy, you're a federal republic of STATES.
2- The STATES part is important because every state has it's own priorities and needs, almost like different countries.
3- Without the electoral college overly densely states would rule america with an iron fist and suck out all the resources of the rest of the country for their own benefit even more than they do already.
4-You would have to abolish the concept of federal states, which, would be tyrannical considering how culturally different alot of the American states are, it's simply to big.
5- You're a faggot.
>>
>>130746221
ITT: Butthurt burger self-fellates
>>
>>130754369
They do have greater power, in the House of Representatives by having more. They also have greater power in the electoral college by having more votes, but it is tempered so their greater power is not overwhelming
>>
>>130754369
Familiarize yourself with the basic construction of the american republic.
That will give you all the information you need.
>>
File: Areyou.png (365KB, 632x390px) Image search: [Google]
Areyou.png
365KB, 632x390px
>>130752212
>the electoral system is rigged in favor of a party I don't like
It's not rigged, it's working as intended.
>my solution is to rig the electoral system in favor of the party I like
I guess rig means a system that more closely reflects the will of the people. I mean, it's not like it would take votes from both parties in their strongholds.
>when my people win I have no complaints
I don't agree with Democrats on most points, you're just grasping at straws.
>when they don't drastic country destroying changes must be immediately implemented
What part of what I said is "country destroying" and needed to be "immediately implemented." You're putting words in my mouth and assuming I'm just another cuckhold who voted for Hillary, how about offing yourself in a manner where you might be able to address my points without trigger words and meme phrases.
>>
>>130753524
How can the electoral college kill democracy if it isn't something that we ever had? The statement has no logic too it. Maybe if we had a democracy (by whatever your standards are) and then implemented the electoral college, you may have a point.
>>
>>130754187
>environmentalists block desalinization efforts to save rare tortoise near extinction
good thing I still have Great Lakes water to quench my thirst from all this popcorn.

>>130754419
>every state has it's own priorities and needs, almost like different countries.
>considering how culturally different alot of the American states are, it's simply to big.
Actually, states should be abolished anyway, and the republic, if we must keep this shitty aristocratic form of government, should instead represent counties. The cultural and other differences within a state are greater than those between states.

>>130754744
>How can the electoral college kill democracy if it isn't something that we ever had?
Very true! The point is that the Federal system is about five times overdue for a reinvention, by Jefferson's count. But the designs of dead men have to earn their own keep, and the elective aristocracy of the USA has shown itself to be the most corruptible form of government, rather than the least.
>>
>>130746221

The electoral college protects the voting power of those that grow the food, mine the resources, and build the infrastructure from the population centers that merely consume it.

>>130747064
>>130747075
>>130747301

These guys get it. We are constitutional republic.
>>
>>130753429
>The Constitution is not a suicide pact.
Agreed. Now use the outlined methods to change it or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>130756624
Why should I work toward something that isn't going to happen when something that is almost a certainty will fulfill the desirable aims of eliminating the electoral college?
Stop sucking oligarch cock. It's bad for you.
>>
>>130756948
I don't get what you're even saying at this point. You are bitching about the Constitution and I'm telling you how you can change it. What is your point right now? What are you saying? Use your words.
>>
>>130746221
Without it NYC and LA disenfranchise the rest of the country?
>>
>>130746221
First off we aren't a democracy and second I'll be damned if I let everything be decided by popular vote alone because then it'll just be a matter of weeks before those faggots out in California drain the great lakes dry for their faggoty luxury crops.
>>
>>130755112
So, the masses voting for free shit is better?
>>
File: 1492575834458.png (492KB, 600x696px) Image search: [Google]
1492575834458.png
492KB, 600x696px
>>130746221
Did you prep your wife's bull yet skipper?
>>
>>130756948
>You are bitching about the Constitution and I'm telling you how you can change it. What is your point right now? What are you saying? Use your words.
You're saying how it could, in theory, be changed. In practice, I don't have any power over the Constitution. The authors specifically excluded me as an average citizen from having any power over it.
As I said, those who can amend the Constitution are too personally invested in it to make such a radical change. The more reasonable options are to try to get the National Vote Compact to 270, to try to crash a constitutional convention and get my items on the agenda, or to simply wait for a foreign power to moot the fucking thing.

>>130757373
There are plenty more votes along the Great Lakes than in California, even if you count the illegals. Relax.

>>130757685
>free
>le exchange is mandatory meme
Yes. Governments that don't serve the people don't deserve to exist. How does it feel to suck off your imaginary friend 24/7?
>>
>>130746221
whats wrong with that?
here, read this faggot
http://www.riosmauricio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Hoppe_Democracy_The_God_That_Failed.pdf
>>
>>130746221
>Name ONE reason ...
it is an approximative application of the Penrose method of voting, intuited by the Founding Fathers 150 years before the mathematical foundations for it were laid down. the Penrose method formalizes the argument that large states should not have large power.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penrose_method
>>
democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner

we're a constitutional republic

take a civics class
>>
>>130746333
This. Cry harder urbanite faggots. You wanna be a bunch of r selection leeches and live off the work of others, don't complain when your privileged asses get knocked down a peg.
>>
>>130746221
Tenth Amendment says states have the right to administer their elections as they wish.
>>
>>130747850

>what if I have?
You haven't.
>>
>>130748241
Of course they will focus swing states, urbanites are not people.
>>
>>130746221
It only favors republicans RIGHT NOW because the of how the population is layed out over our current alignment of states.

That hasnt been the case forever and it will change as demographics and party affiliations shift.

without the electoral college most of the states in the union would never have their concerns dealt within the capitol because they wouldn't be important enough. The College makes even small states somewhat important

Maybe if democrats dealt with issues rural Americans cared about they would take some of the advantage away from the republicans.
>>
>>130758037
And a Constitutional republic is 535 wolves voting on who's for dinner with 300 million sheep outside.

>>130758190
I've read #10, where they nakedly talk of dividing and ruling the people through factionalism in order to preserve the opulence of the rich. That's quite enough of that line of thinking.
>>
>>130757862
>Implying New York won't jump in and help their California buddies
It's not just California alone but all major cities infested with liberal idealists. Seattle, Austin, New York and hell I bet even those retards down in Chicago will support it.
>>
File: LyinSlate.jpg (75KB, 956x661px) Image search: [Google]
LyinSlate.jpg
75KB, 956x661px
>>
>>130749153
Hopefully experience has changed his opinion
>>
File: pepe5.png (220KB, 1512x896px) Image search: [Google]
pepe5.png
220KB, 1512x896px
Gay Libtard! The electoral college is good to insure tard California does not control the U.S. government.
>>
It prevents states with gigantic populations from ruling 90% of the rest of the country.
>>
File: 1480323602608.jpg (39KB, 881x367px) Image search: [Google]
1480323602608.jpg
39KB, 881x367px
>>130746221
We are not a democracy faggot.
>>
>>130746221
What's so great about democracy anyway?
>>
>>130758364
>Implying New York won't jump in and help their California buddies
They'd only be dehydrating themselves.
>>
>>130758768
Representative democracy you fucking tard.
>>
>>130748241
You know what objectively unfairly advantages Democrats?
Being allowed to cheat. I have zero sympathy.
>>
>>130746221
WE ARE REPUBLIC YOU FUCKING MORON.
>>
>>130759003
Republic you fuckwad
>>
>>130758937
>dehydrating themselves
>IE shooting themselves in the foot
That is the specialty of leftism. They won't realize it and even if they do they won't care because they got to spend 15 minutes presenting themselves as "sensitive, forward thinking people".
>>
File: kF2Vh1n.jpg (768KB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
kF2Vh1n.jpg
768KB, 2992x4000px
>>130759003
>Representative democracy
WRONG
We are a representative REPUBLIC. Say it with me now you dense mf.....R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C...god damn you kids get dumber every year.
>>
>>130759003
False advertising, because suckers will buy anything branded le "democracy" as a feel-good self-esteem item.

>>130759260
Liberals, not leftists. Hey maybe this isn't such a bad thing if we can force them to take all the Asian carp too.
>>
>>130759374
An aristocracy by any other name.
Ethos is still a dead letter. Past is not destiny.
>>
>>130759484
Way to shift the goalposts. This isn't what we were discussing.
>>
>>130746221
We're a republic of 50 states, not a democracy. And we're doing better than pretty much any other place in the world, even if we have our problems.
>>
File: BLOWN THE FUCK OUT.gif (2MB, 174x174px) Image search: [Google]
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT.gif
2MB, 174x174px
>>130746221
I love this salt river!
>>
>>130759697
>salt river

she is a beut
>>
>>130746221
tell me why the world series is based on games won and not based on total home runs
>>
>>130747301
The velvet glove hides an iron fist.
>>
File: 1484816917561.gif (344KB, 528x690px) Image search: [Google]
1484816917561.gif
344KB, 528x690px
>>130759484
nice philosophy post faggot
>>
>>130746221
Congress is designed to represent individual states, whereas the president is supposed to represent all of the states combined. Thus the electoral votes are equal to congressional seats. However none of this even really matters, the presidents job is incredibly overblown. All he does is determine a vague agenda with 1 or 2 defined points while congress actually does all the real shit. If you genuinely think it is broken, you should understand that the medicine will be more painful than the illness.
>>
File: Clinton Archipelago.png (412KB, 1600x952px) Image search: [Google]
Clinton Archipelago.png
412KB, 1600x952px
>>130746221
Because if it was majority only, only cities and other metropolitan areas would benefit. The electoral college puts power in the hands of rural residents as well as city slickers. Stop acting like it's unfair.
>>
>>130746221
Because otherwise our president would be decided by Jew York City, Los Angeles, and a couple other liberal shitholes. A presidential candidate could promise unlimited free gibs to not five states, but five cities, and be able to win every election.
>>
File: Ancap_Hoppe_1.jpg (46KB, 398x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ancap_Hoppe_1.jpg
46KB, 398x600px
>>130746221
He fell for the democracy meme.
>>
>>130758330
Electoral college is representative to a states voting populace. They are loterally obligated to vote with 20% margin. If trump won the popular vote in a state by over 20%, the electors were obligated to vote trump. Your analogy implies they can do whatever they want which is really only the case in very tight races, which this one really wasn't. Trump outright creamed hillary. everyone loved trump and barely anyone loved hillary.
>>
>>130746221
Because if living outside of cities means you have no say in anything then country folk would leave the union.
>>
>>130746221
its just perfect
the perfect tool against the gorillion commie faggots like yourself that plague the big cities
i wish my country had a similar system
>>
>>130760624
Commiefornia can fuck off too since the electors there voted hillary even before a single populace vote was counted. I still remember election night and how retarded that was. 8pm with 0 counties reporting but the state was 55 counted votes for hillary.

Fuck california in every way imaginable. They are literally anti-american and disregard federal laws.
>>
>>130746221
>Name ONE reason the electoral college isn't a retarded, outdated, democracy-killing system that ONLY favors republicans
>Protip: you can't

Name one reason that superdelegates aren't a retarded outdated, democracy-killing system that ONLY favors democrats
Protip: you can't
>>
>>130760624
>Electoral college is representative to a states voting populace. They are loterally obligated to vote with 20% margin
proofs?
>If trump won the popular vote in a state by over 20%, the electors were obligated to vote trump
proofs?
>Your analogy implies they can do whatever they want which is really only the case in very tight races
proofs?
>Trump outright creamed hillary. everyone loved trump and barely anyone loved hillary.
There are no Federal laws regarding faithless electors or otherwise regulating an elector's vote. Some states or parties may have enacted them, but in all cases the interests of the voter end with electing their elector.

>>130761095
True. That's a whole other discussion, though. Parties, being private corporations, don't even have to run an election, and having run one, don't have to be bound by its results, or so says the DNC's sleazy lawyer in the Wilding v. DNC Services case currently in process in a Southern Florida district court.
>>
>>130746333

How is the electoral college "affirmative action"?

This makes zero sense.
>>
File: 1497871987933s.jpg (7KB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1497871987933s.jpg
7KB, 250x190px
>>130746221
>ONLY favors republicans

Lol. Name one reason it favors Republicans other than the fact that you lost. Dems will continue to lose untill they are willing to be introspective and change their ways. So far all you can do is blame everyone but yourselves. Good luck.
>>
>>130761598
Not really. Each state gets 2 electors automatically. Thus a single vote in a less populous state is weighted more heavily in deciding the outcome of a Presidential election than a single vote in a more populous state.
>>
File: bazjw5cl0b9x.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bazjw5cl0b9x.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>130746221
Fuck democracy and fuck you.
>>
File: 1400138247837.jpg (95KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
1400138247837.jpg
95KB, 425x282px
>>130762025
Which is exactly how it is supposed to work. Thank God for the electoral college.
>>
>>130746221
Democracy is a failure
>>
>>130746221

The Connecticut Compromise.
>>
>>130746221
I'm sure if this was back in Nov 1 2016, you'd name about 20 reasons.
>>
>>130762025

And how is that in any way related to affirmative action?
>>
>>130746221

>Name ONE reason a democracy-killing thing is bad

> name one reason, why democracy is a good thing
>>
>>130765819
How's republicanism working out for you, sport?
>>
>>130746221
because if you did not have the college politicians would only cater to people who live in urban areas because more people live in said areas.

this would lead to demographic unrest which would destablize the US.

why are americunts so fucking retarded?
>>
>>130746221
Don't like it? I hear both Canada and France are accepting cucks right now.
>>
>>130746221
Aww, were you with her?
>>
>>130746221
Because THE MOTHERFUCKING STATES elect the President, not 'the people', you authoritarian faggot. And it needs to stay that way, otherwise our Union of sovereign states will end up like the EU. Replace Germoney with California or New York, and you get the idea. New Hampshire or South Dakota, whoever would not have signed on if they knew they would be subservient to NY or Illinois.
>>
>>130748241
Weakest per capita are heavily populated shit holes incapable of supporting their people and filled with people unwilling to support themselves who vote Dem in droves fo Dem programs. They should have less of a vote ... They are quite literally leaching off of the rural areas for said tax revenue.
>>
File: 1493948263823.jpg (191KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1493948263823.jpg
191KB, 1024x768px
>>130755112
>>
>>130746221

You anon. It keeps people like you out of power.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.