[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>but this was the richest neighborhood in Britain >people

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

File: Tower-block-fire-in-London.jpg (178KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Tower-block-fire-in-London.jpg
178KB, 1200x630px
>but this was the richest neighborhood in Britain
>people don't burn in rich neighborhoods

Fuck you if you believe the poor should be more at risk than the rich.
>>
>>130695810
Mmmmm toasty!
>>
>>130695810
Looks like Dying Light desu
>>
No one thinks that they should be, it's just common sense that they would be.
Also, fuck off with your virtue signaling. Wtf is even the point of your post? Fuckin a man, quit being such a faggot.
>>
>>130695810
Brown people are basically living fire hazards.

What did you expect to happen, filling a tower with them?
>>
>>130695810
>Fuck you if you believe the poor should be more at risk than the rich.
A rich person would have had expensive preventative measures. I dont think the rich should be safer than the poor just cause they rich. But if a rich person PERCHASES better safety measures, then, well, who am i to argue with a fair transaction by consenting parties?
>>
>>130695810

poast pics of toasted bodies
>>
>>130696328

>it's just common sense that they would be

You just proved yourself retarded. Safety regulations are nationwide. Apply to EVERYONE, regardless of color, race, blah blah blah.

Every building with a living thing in there must have some sort of safety requirements.

Expensive buildings don't cost more because they're any safer, they look better and have more useless shit.

>>130696347

>What did you expect to happen, filling a tower with them

I expected safety. That could have easily been a bunch of white people.
>>
File: KFC Extra Crispy.webm (3MB, 368x656px) Image search: [Google]
KFC Extra Crispy.webm
3MB, 368x656px
>>130695810
Just-released, footage of the fire initially breaking out.
>>
>>130696522
The fire suppression system in Glenfell was tampered with and disabled by parties unknown. Maybe citizens who love their country should do this in Park Avenue condos.
>>
>>130696693
>I expected safety. That could have easily been a bunch of white people.

No, White people don't start open fires in their rooms filled with trash to barbecue a chicken.
It could've been full of White people and a single brown moslem doing it, but that's just less likely than an entire tower full of them.
>>
File: floor plan.jpg (316KB, 1198x1604px) Image search: [Google]
floor plan.jpg
316KB, 1198x1604px
>>130695810
nothing to see here
>>
File: hhh.jpg (203KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
hhh.jpg
203KB, 1600x900px
>>130697016
This guy gets a lot of face time on TV
>>
>>130697016
>>
>>130696693
Hey genius, building regulations are checked when the building goes up and then never checked again except for the case of major construction.
If you're talking about the poor in general, your argument means nothing. Maybe in the case of a high rise building the regs will be checked routinely, but in most homes it is checked once and only once.
Also, there are a lot more issues putting the poor at risk than just building regulations. Btw, you're a fucking retard and your argument is so specific and useless that you might as well have never even spouted it.
>>
>>130696347
>>130696522
>>130696328

The residents of the tower had been petitioning the owners, related authorities and the council about fire safety in the building for years. From the grenfell tower action group, concerned about fire safety:

>... the potential for a fire to break out in the communal area on the walkway does not bear thinking about as residents would be trapped in the building with no way out!

>Not for the first time we must ask how safe is Lancaster West, can staff be trusted to ensure it is safe, and what hidden fire risks might be lurking in Grenfell Tower or elsewhere on the estate?

>In May 2013 a serious electrical fault causing multiple power surges at Grenfell Tower posed a major fire risk to residents many of whom witnessed smoke coming from light fittings and other electrical appliances, some of which actually exploded.

>We have blogged many times on the subject of fire safety at Grenfell Tower and we believe that these investigations will become part of damning evidence of the poor safety record of the KCTMO should a fire affect any other of their properties and cause the loss of life that we are predicting:

>The Grenfell Action Group predict that it won’t be long before the words of this blog come back to haunt the KCTMO management and we will do everything in our power to ensure that those in authority know how long and how appallingly our landlord has ignored their responsibility to ensure the heath and safety of their tenants and leaseholders

The last one is particularly damning.
but sure, blame brown people.
>>
>>130696522
If it had top of the line safety measures, the people in that tower would be homeless.
>>
>>130697820
A brown person started a fire in his kitchen and packed his fucking clothes before telling anyone.

Yes, blame brown people.
>>
>>130695810
Still didn't collapse on itself
>>
>>130697890
it's not about the safety measures. it's about landlords breaking the law. there's a difference between "top of the line safety measures" and "not wrapping the building in highly flammable cheap plastic vanity cladding and instructing all residents to remain in their apartments in case of a fire"

people talking about expensive fire safety measures like sprinkers here are kind of right -- sprinklers won't help when the building's renovations mean that the whole thing will go up like a nylon dressing gown in the case of any non-trivial fire
>>
>>130698357

No, it just went up like a match without jetfuel.

They need to see what that building was made of so that it could fuel planes. Fuck around and make it across the pacific.
>>
>>130698558
>instructing all residents to remain in their apartments in case of a fire"
No fucking way, is that true? Fucking insects know enough to remove themselves from a fire, how on Earth would that even be something someone would tell people?
>>
>>130695810
They were poor people living in one of the most valuable bits of real estate in the UK and had just had £10 million pounds spent on their building. They were privileged as fuck. I would give my left nut to live within 5 miles of Charing Cross like these lucky bastards.
>>
>>130698205
Sure, blame THAT person, fine. but one person starting a fire shouldn't cause the entire building to go up. It was gross negligence of the KCTMO and the council that caused that. In 2013, before the flammable cladding went up, there was an electrical fault which caused power surges and started several small fires in the tower. Had that happened today, which almost certainly would have eventually happened anyway (something similar happened to a similar tower block with the same cladding in australia i believe), then, well...

fuck it i don't know why i'm arguing with you, you'd clearly find a way to blame brown people for the building's badly installed electricals had they been the trigger that set off the cladding.
>>
File: IMG_0600.png (604KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0600.png
604KB, 1334x750px
Is it a richer neighborhood than this one?
>>
>>130698767
Statism is one hell of a drug.
>>
>>130698767
yeah it was in the official fire docs for the building. the apartments were designed so that fire doors etc stopped fires spreading from apartment to apartment through the inside of the building.

what they didn't count on was the fire spreading via the highly flammable cladding on the OUTSIDE of the building.

>>130698889
>I would give my left nut to live within 5 miles of Charing Cross
me too
>like these lucky bastards
wew lad
>>
>>130699725
yes, far, far richer.
>>
>>130698691
Fucking cancer faggot. This is now a slide thread.

Sage goes in ALL fields
>>
>>130699790
>design fire-containment units
>wrap it in flammable shit
Fuckin' ayy. Reminds me of a winter I spent at a boy's camp (religious shit) and was helping our maintenance guy get the furnace set up for our schoolhouse. After installing it correctly, he proceeded to wrap the furnace itself in regular-ass insulation, the kind you put in walls, the kind with fucking paper on one side.
Naturally, within a day or so the building caught fire and we lost the shed and all the firewood we'd stacked next to it.
>>
>>130695810
>Fuck you if you believe the poor should be more at risk than the rich.
>you believe
>you believe the poor should be more at risk
>poor
>rich
What was it like the first time you were told you had a learning disability? Did you understand what it meant? Did it make you feel sad?
>>
>>130699483
The place burned down due to brown people culture.
Why the fuck are you so upset over this?

I don't care that fire safety regulations were sub-par in poor people buildings, that's just what those buildings are like.
All the stuff that's unearthed right now is presented as if it's shocking and the fire was inevitable, but it really isn't.
Commieblocks in Eastern Europe have been like this for decades and they're not burning down. Because they're not fucking barbecuing on open fires right next to piles of extremely flammable material and not telling anyone until the entire room is on fire when it starts to burn.
>>
>>130700796
>brown people culture.
>chineseguyredpillingafricanguy.avi
>designated shitting streets.gif
>>
>>130698558
The """""landlord"""""" was the council who provided housing to these people /for free/.
>>
File: captcha.png (266KB, 404x581px) Image search: [Google]
captcha.png
266KB, 404x581px
>>
>>130700796
>Commieblocks in Eastern Europe have been like this for decades and they're not burning down
Commieblocks in Eastern Europe wrapped up in highly flammable vanity cladding? I dont think so mate

>"“The cladding looks lovely, it’s cheap, complies with regulations and gives the building a high environmental rating"
>“When this block was built, it complied with the fire regulations. Had it been left alone it would never have burned like this.”

>>130701077
if you want to talk about our social housing model in comparison to singapore or the united states then we can; those two countries generally have lots of low income housing but they put it in clumps forming neighbourhoods slightly out of the way of the rich neighbourhoods. we put it amongst the rich.

either way, where else are you going to put the social housing? where do all the min. wage and low income workers go if you don't have any? my girlfriend works near charing cross but she can't afford to live there so she commutes 2 hours per day. do you think anyone would do that on minimum wage? do you expect kensington toffs to serve other kensington toffs tea and coffee, or work as nurses in chelsea hospitals? you're delusional mate. you haven't thought about this at all. even the most free-market countries on earth have to have somewhere to put the people who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford to live there. it's a subsidy so that they can do all the hospitality and service jobs that the rich don't need to do.
>>
>>130695810
the building was owned by a slum lord who cut costs so he could run it as public housing and make a smaller but guaranteed income. of course a building with free or highly reduced rent is going to have some safety issues it comes with the territory. im surprised this doesnt happen more often
>>
>>130702880
>surprised that more buildings aren't wrapped in highly flammable cladding
>surprised more residents of high rises aren't instructed to stay in their apartments in case of a fire
>surprised more buildings don't even have a building-wide alarm
it wasn't the cheapness of the building that caused this. if the building hadn't undergone the £10 million refurbishment, this wouldn't have happened at all.
>>
>>130702880
also its a common occurrence for the fire fighter instructions to be stay where you are. kinda like how in elementary school fire drills you walk outside slowly in single file lines. you have a flaming structurally unstable building the last thing you want is people running around getting other people killed
>>
>>130696347
yet they live in many towers over the world that don't spontaneously combust

really mirin's the soggin'
>>
File: ktsklsululs.png (311KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
ktsklsululs.png
311KB, 500x667px
>>130695810
>>
>>130703624
how was the highly flammable cladding as well as a lack of a building wide alarm not a sign of the buildings cheapness? sure you can say they did 10 mil in refurbishment so wasnt cheap but it probably needed 15 million. of course then the building probably wouldnt have been profitable
>>
File: 1496590902971.gif (2MB, 187x155px) Image search: [Google]
1496590902971.gif
2MB, 187x155px
>>130695810
> richest

fucking 6 captchas
>>
>>130704463
how much out of a 10 mil budget is a building-wide alarm? the cladding was chosen in part because of how environmentally friendly it is. it's called "vanity cladding" for a reason.

either way i guess you're right. i'm surprised this doesn't happen more often too. it was just the perfect storm of incompetence really
>>
>>130704547
it is the richest borough in england, hands down
>>
>>130695810

I was reading somewhere that the official death toll should be 500 dead!

If true, I think riots will ensue
>>
>>130706600
The authorities haven't even listed how many residents were living in the building. No one seems to be in charge, just council men avoiding questions by saying "Let's be calm and wait for the official inquiry" which is the typical British delaying tactic when the govt has fucked up.
>>
>>130707189

I knew something was weird when they said: "people are missing"

How the fuck do you go missing??? You either burned in the fucking building or you made it down to the street.

RIP to all those poor souls. Fucking horrible way to go
>>
File: Behailu Kebede2.jpg (1MB, 1671x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Behailu Kebede2.jpg
1MB, 1671x1015px
>>130698205
and there is still no information on this guy. He is vanished.

I wonder who's kid that is, he is holding..
>>
>>130695810
The poor will always be at more risk because they are POOR
>>
File: grenfell names.jpg (314KB, 909x739px) Image search: [Google]
grenfell names.jpg
314KB, 909x739px
>>130695810
interesting article
>>
>>130708815
>people in social housing in kensington have non-white names
i mean, what did you expect
>>
>>130708815
Names translated from Arabic of African languages might be spelled phonetically so you get a few variants on the spelling depending on who is wirting the story e.g. Maryam, Miriam, Miryam, etc., even worse for surnames.

Next, these people are now homeless and are either living with relatives or friends temporarily or possibly in temp council provided housing. Why would you expect their new address info to be easily publicly available just a week after the fire? It's clear the British authorities are a shambles and can't even list the number of people who lived in the estate, let alone track where they went afterwards.
>>
>130708815
>nobody listed in MSM is contactable or seems to exist
>a non-brown resident woke up the neighbours
I'll take misrepresenting a post for a $100
>>
>>130707565
Are large scale fires like this hot enough to burn big bones like femurs? My first thought was count the femurs and divide by two, can work out which belongs to who later ...
>>
>>130708703
because they're dumb
>>
They do when the royal crown, Israel, and MI6 are working together to create false flag terror attacks.
>>
>>130695810
>living in a high rise
>rich
>>
>>130712195
dunno, part of me wants to live in One Blackfriars, even though i know it'd be a terrible investment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/buy/one-blackfriars-an-exclusive-look-inside-the-vase-londons-newest/
>>
79 confirmed victims and rising.

The fire cucked Breivik of his highscore. The refugee is the biggesr mass killer in our recent history
>>
File: maryam adam.png (233KB, 897x710px) Image search: [Google]
maryam adam.png
233KB, 897x710px
>>130710086
Maryam Adam seems to have different versions of her story depending on where you look.
>>
File: luca branisluv.jpg (164KB, 811x1034px) Image search: [Google]
luca branisluv.jpg
164KB, 811x1034px
>>130695810
remember the heart warming story of the big tall British guy saving the old lady. Yea me neither.

>A grandmother has had an emotional reunion with the heroic neighbour who rescued her from the Grenfell Tower inferno.
Luca Branislav put Clarita Ghavimi over his shoulder and carried her out of her 11th floor flat as a blaze ripped through the north Kensington tower block last Wednesday.
>>
File: tumblr_ogic2zF8Ht1rnhl8xo1_540.gif (1MB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogic2zF8Ht1rnhl8xo1_540.gif
1MB, 540x405px
>>130711888

not a single one of you checks my get proves that daytime pol is overrun by plebbit and shills. I should stop visiting this board before dark.
>>
File: 1497431233913.jpg (39KB, 436x361px) Image search: [Google]
1497431233913.jpg
39KB, 436x361px
>>130714689
I didn't see it. Happy Birthday
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.