[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let me know what do you think of this theory.It's a bit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: ExponentialGrowthofComputing.jpg (227KB, 1515x1275px) Image search: [Google]
ExponentialGrowthofComputing.jpg
227KB, 1515x1275px
Let me know what do you think of this theory.It's a bit long but interesting. It's about Technology.

At the dawn of humankind all there existed was natural, meaning that everything came from Nature itself, nothing was processed or industrialized. Food, water, housing and entertainment came all from what Earth provided.

Then we started evolving and technological (artificial) development started. After the industrial revolution it started to grow every time more and even started to grow exponentially in the '70s, this phenomenon was called Moore's Law.

I've heard already people saying that humankind keeps inventing new things but only rarely asks itself whether or not it should rather than if it can. That question, in my opinion, basically explains how we, as humankind, really have no say on what is being invented, if we can reach for it, we reach for it. The thing about that is that we never stop and ask ourselves what the risk of inventing something new is. It's like walking while looking down because every few steps you find a dollar but you never look up to see what's on your way. Sooner or later you'll encounter something you won't like but it'll be too late to backtrack.

Of course some new developments are way simpler and present less danger to human kind but other developments do in fact put humankind at grave danger. All in all I'd say all new developments truly matter, because with each one we get closer to achieving Technology's true purpose.
>>
So in essence, what we are doing is playing with fire. Like Thoreau said "Men are becoming the tools of their tools". The way I see it, technology is in itself a God. Many people see Nature as their God, for obvious reasons. Technology, as Nature's antithesis, is therefore also a God, and as we ""respect"" nature, we should also respect Technology. And not in the sense of praying to it, no no no, I'm not talking about that (although it wouldn't be stupid to do it). Technology, the way I see it, is the negative antithesis of Nature which means that is the evil side of it. Like hate and love, black and white, Devil and God, we also find Technology and Nature.

I don't know if I just overthought this too much but I don't see any error or mistake on my thinking. Technology is something way more complex than what we think. It doesn't exist to benefit us, because if you think about it objectively it is the sole reason we are in all these problems today. You may then invoke 'muh quality of life' but that doesn't really mean anything because the only thing you need in order to be happy is society, health and a family. All those things are being destroyed by Technology as it is making us more individualistic and egoistic which only leads to the decay of the humankind as a whole.

You should think about the issue. I unironically believe Technology is the exact opposite of Nature and as such it holds the same essence Nature does. We as humans, are making the incredible big mistake of not thinking about the true purpose of Technology. The final nail to the coffin will be when we reach the Singularity at which point we would suddenly realize it was always too late because we were always manipulated but an entity that didn't even existed but had such great powers that it literally was able to create itself, we are not going to create the Singularity, we are just middle men.
>>
And also I would like to add that people say "ohh the Singularity is going to help us solve all these problems because we are just unable to solve them by ourselves" are incredibly stupid if they think that we need a super-intelligent AI, that WE created, to solve all of our problems. Even in the best case scenario in which it did we would only create more problems. Saying that AIG will solve all our problems is like saying you are going to be happy when you have money, it's an illusion. Once you get there you realized you were mistaken.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.