[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"I came not to bring peace, but to bring a sword"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: MG23.png (218KB, 866x866px) Image search: [Google]
MG23.png
218KB, 866x866px
"I came not to bring peace, but to bring a sword"

What if the sword Jesus brings isn't to be used against us, but it's FOR us (the west), to defend ourselves.

It's been well over 2,000 years - anyone that hasn't got the fucking 'play nice' Christianity memo yet kind of deserves this, no?
(Looking at you, Islam).
>>
>>130555933
>"I came not to bring peace, but to bring a sword"

what did he mean ?
>>
>>130555933
it is a sword of truth. watch more jordan peterson
>>
>>130555933
shouldn't christians avoid another holy war, then, if it's going to bring about the end?
>>
>>130555933
Luke 22:34-36 NIV

34 Jesus answered, “I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me.”

35 Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”

“Nothing,” they answered.

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

He says it more than once, and it's not figurative.
>>
>>130556774
End of an era/aeon, not necessarily the end of the literal world.

Just the world as we know it (put up with) now.

>>130556736
I watch a lot of him, he's fantastic.
I used to be a hardcore atheist, but i see now the value of these metaphors.
>>
>>130555933
Leviticus 20:23
And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.

Leviticus 20:24
But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.

Leviticus 26:7
And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.
>>
>>130557122
Don't post the NIV it's satanic
>>
>>130555933
Yup. It's looking more and more like that is indeed the case; especially when the scriptures of each would seem to indicate that the Christ of each one's religion is the anti-Christ of the other.

The Sword defends. The Sword cuts down deception(the veil hiding the truth). The Sword separates the wheat from the chaff.
>Inb4 fedora the ignora brings up muh turn the other cheek contextual misunderstanding
>>
>>130555933
Or maybe he told this for jews. "Jews i bring you a sword, please kill all goys". Poles first.
>>
>>130561334
Didn't Genesis mention a flaming sword guarded the tree of life (immortality)?

We got knowledge; only immortality remains before we ascend.
>>
>>130555933
You'd think he would've shown up more recently to tell us this instead of prophesying it 2000 fucking years ago.
It's almost like 99% of the bible is up to personal intepretation.
>>
>>130565596
And that's why we need an authoritative source to interpret! Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
>>
>>130566152
That's why nobody should listen to it. It's a bunch of bronze age sand person nonsense with absolutely no evidence to support any of it. Jesus was never even metioned in a single roman report, all of the 1st century sources are christian or jewish.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.