[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from the Belgians having their Congo workers lend extra

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: d261efbaa03eef030cc4b9f5983e6b2c.jpg (132KB, 1100x688px) Image search: [Google]
d261efbaa03eef030cc4b9f5983e6b2c.jpg
132KB, 1100x688px
Aside from the Belgians having their Congo workers lend extra hands to the cause, were natives really treated poorly in the colonial era? I know the colonists left behind infrastructure, factories, and schooling never before seen to the continent, but were the natives truly oppressed during the occupation?
>>
Yes, in the sense that they didn't have representation in their respective colonial governments, and usually where treated as second class citizens, if they where considered citizens at all, almost all colonies where for the purpose of exploration however, the Europeans offset this by infratstructure spending, educational spending and overall development. See Portuguese Angola and Mozambique, Rhodesia, South Africa.
>>
>>130538878
They didn't have representation under their tribe leader or king either.
>>
File: 1493677368221.jpg (120KB, 600x682px) Image search: [Google]
1493677368221.jpg
120KB, 600x682px
>>130538654
>>
>>130538878
Wow, sounds just like the American colonies, yet look how we turned out. Fucking niggers man...
>>
>>130538878
>Yes, in the sense that they didn't have representation in their respective colonial governments, and usually where treated as second class citizens
Yeah and were the slaves to King nigger they were so much more "represented" lmao.
>>
Even in the Congo, by the time of independence, things had changed a great deal. Actually the natives in the Congo had probably the highest standard of life among all Africans on the continent apart from possible Rhodesia and South Africa.
>>
File: 1496636084325.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1496636084325.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>130539973
BASED NIGGER
A
S
E
D
N
I
G
G
E
R
>>
>>130539430
Ok? Whats your point, OP is asking if they where oppressed and the answer is yes dont deflect.
>>
>>130540675
not oppressed, treated poorly
and yes, africa was objectively better under white rule
keeping subhumans out of government is for their own good
>>
>>130540904
thats why I said Rhodesia and South Africa are countries that where prosperous for blacks even if they where oppressive to them.
>>
>>130538654
You have absolutely no idea how tough and rough life was in Africa BEFORE colonization.

Colonization put an end: to slavery especially in Eastern Africa, cannibalism, voodoo and black magic, countless tribal genocides, etc.

Not to mention the mass vaccinations, dispensaries and hospitals, etc.
>>
>>130538654
>lend extra hands to the cause
hehe
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.