[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Belisarius One of the greatest generals in history, one of his

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Belisarius_mosaic[1].jpg (694KB, 1104x1160px) Image search: [Google]
Belisarius_mosaic[1].jpg
694KB, 1104x1160px
Belisarius

One of the greatest generals in history, one of his earliest military sucesses was putting down what was arguably the worst sport riot in history.

For chariot races in the Roman Empire people would form, much like today, clubs which supported their favourite players. By the Byzantine era the only sports teams with any influence were the Blues and Greens. Emperor Justinian I was a supporter of the Blues. The team associations had become a focus for various social and political issues.

In 531 some members of the Blues and Greens had been arrested for murder in connection with deaths that occurred during rioting after a recent chariot race. The men were supposed to be hung but they escaped and an angry mob formed. The men were pardoned to disperse the angry mob and new races were scheduled to be held.

But the day of those races came and at race 22, the partisan chants had changed from "Blue" or "Green" to a unified Nίkα ("Nika", meaning "Win!!" or "Conquer!"), and the crowds broke out and began to assault the palace. For the next five days, the palace was under siege. They then declared a new emperor, Hypatius, who was a nephew of former Emperor Anastasius I.

Justinian created a plan that involved Narses, a popular eunuch, as well as the generals Belisarius and Mundus. Carrying a bag of gold given to him, the slightly built eunuch entered the Hippodrome alone against a murderous mob that had already killed hundreds. Narses went directly to the Blues' section, where he approached the important Blues and reminded them that Emperor Justinian supported them. He also reminded them that the man they were crowning, Hypatius, was a Green. Then, he distributed the gold. Then, in the middle of Hypatius's coronation, the Blues stormed out of the Hippodrome. The Greens sat, stunned. Then, Imperial troops led by Belisarius and Mundus stormed into the Hippodrome, killing the remaining rebels.

About 30,000 rioters were reportedly killed.
>>
>>130430417
the last Romans
>>
Yeah, an amazing general, one of the greats of history. Problem is his wife was one of the wickedest harpies on the face of the earth, and cuckolded Belisarius. Seriously, read Gibbon's history of it. It is fucked up.
>>
>>130432806
There are so many great men in roman times that where cucked in one form or the other. It isn't even funny. In those times they were either major degenerates or most of it is some form of propaganda or defamation.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.