[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is immigration bad in the U.S.? Does it lower wages? Hard

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1405841895452.jpg (181KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1405841895452.jpg
181KB, 1440x900px
Why is immigration bad in the U.S.?
Does it lower wages?

Hard Mode: Don't just say shitskins are a nuisance (though I already agree)
>>
Immigration is a thing to keep GDP up
Americans are debt saturated and immigrants are not

Jewish bankers can make a pretty shekel off the now homeless, welfare dependent migrants
The alternative is to allow the GDP to normalize and diversify the national economy, but that's a hard road that doesn't consolidate wealth into the (((right))) pockets
>>
>>130323017
>Why is immigration bad in the U.S.?
>Does it lower wages?
The labor market is increased, so you compete with more people probably willing to work harder than you if they decided to uproot their lives and make their immigration work well for them.
>>
>>130323017
High IQ immigration vs low IQ
>>
>>130323524
Myth
How competitive is a wetback to an average American?
>>
>>130323716
For a company who can avoid all the legal and financial ramifications of hiring local, it makes them highly competitive
The signs are all around you, but you don't want to see them
>>
>>130323716
>17
>no skills, only speak English
>want a job in resteraunt or something
>spics do it for 7$ /hr and entire kitchen is full of Spanish speakers
>have to work for 7$/hr and learn Spanish words to compete
>>
>>130323524
But they don't really compete for the same jobs. Wouldn't this lower the wages of the lowest income Americans while increasing the income of the already well off?
>>
>>130323716
You don't see NEET's running roofing or landscaping companies, do you?
>>
>>130324137
Good, now you're seeing the problem
The rich aren't eating the poor; the mega-rich are what is destroying wages in the US

Now, for your homework, look up the demographics of the top 0.1% wage earners
>>
>>130324137
>while increasing the income of the already well off?
Who are the people "already well off"? Other workers or the people hiring the workers?
>>
>>130323017
Immigration in the US isn't bad. Immigration in Europe is bad.
>>
File: 1402025725948.gif (2MB, 265x199px) Image search: [Google]
1402025725948.gif
2MB, 265x199px
>>130323017
>Why is immigration bad in the U.S.?
It can be if done improperly or as an act by the gov't against its own citizenry.
>Does it lower wages?
Yes, the US dump cheap pharmacists on the market to destroy the profession's wages in the 90's and it was wildly successful. Now they are trying to repeat the process for other industries and find that they aren't going to get away with it unopposed.
>>
>>130323211
I know, Japan and China have zero net immigration yet have the second and third largest economies in the world.

All that (((GDP growth))) you're referring to is going to the mega rich who are profiting off cheap labor. Everyone else is getting screwed. It's the law of supply and demand; increase the supply of something and its value goes down, in this case, labor.
>>
>>130324919
You're preaching to the choir, my man
Too bad liberals have painted immigration as a moral issue so people are incapable of approaching a sensible resolution to this problem
>>
>>130323017
Replaces the native population and not only divides an otherwise trusting and unified country
For instance, my dad would always tell me how in the 50s everyone in the neighborhood would leave their doors unlocked and everyone knew each others name etc
Plus when's the last time you've been on the highway and thought to yourself, "we need some more cars on this road, I wasn't traffic to go shower"
>>
Immigration is fine if it's controlled but it's not as anyone can just walk across the border and take a job doing it less than what it normally pays.
>>
Why don't you read Heaven's Door or We Wanted Workers, both books by a mainstream, Harvard economist, of Hispanic background, who for years was an immigration cheerleader? Is it because you are a paid shill or an idiot who honestly thinks there is nothing to this issue and your flip little gibberish that you just thought up can completely solve it?
Tell me, do you walk into university math departments and loudly insist that Euler's number ends at the ninth decimal place?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.