[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't think she is guilty of manslaughter. In this case,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

I don't think she is guilty of manslaughter.
In this case, she pushed for and promoted the suicide of the deceased by, for example, telling him to go back into the car once he'd decided not to kill himself (via carbon monoxide poisoning). She didn't call the police or let anybody else know about this case.
My biggest problem here is that she is not responsible for the death of the guy because she never "removed" his agency: he still has his own judgement to assess advice. I don't think he was mentally delayed in any way or inebriated over the period of time that this occurred (and it wasn't over a day: he had a lot of time to dwell on the accuracy of the information received to come to a conclusion). It seemed that he was simply distressed/depressed. Consider the following: let's remove the girl from the picture. Technically, the guy would still be alive because nobody advised him to commit suicide (assuming no other influences cause the suicide). However, my main point is that suicide isn't a crime and the guy can kill himself if he desires, through any means: he has that freedom to do so. By this logic, organizers of suicide pacts (who don't partake in the act) are also guilty of manslaughter (but if people are dumb enough to desire that, they are free to do so). The guy was obviously weak-willed; this is the end-result for people like that.
>>
>>130292785
The biggest issue with this case is that I don't expect it to take that long until the following occurs: let's say I write a lengthy book promoting youth who are depressed to commit suicide. I tell them to make sure they go through with the suicide and let them know that it is the best decision I suggest to them. I then list many ways to commit suicide. Parents of children who were dumb enough to listen to me could, technically, sue for, say, punitive damages. They'd ban the book, might even jail me, etc. It just doesn't add up. I understand it wasn't a simply "kys", but I don't think she should be found guilty of manslaughter.
>>
I honestly think it should be manslaughter so I am happy with the outcome of this trial.

I would liken it to a person telling someone severely disabled or autistic to kill themselves. Because they are in a state of lesser mental capabilities, they have a diminished responsibility.
She knew what she was doing, and she knew that someone so depressed was in a similar state of mental inadequacy.

From a protection of society point of viee too, it would be safer to remove this sociopathic girl from the streets.
>>
>this is a 10/10 in America

really makes me think
>>
>>130292785

People who are suicidal have their agency driving them to kill themselves.

There's a clear line between a person being responsible for their actions and sitting on the phone listening to your boyfriend die and doing absolutely nothing.

It's closer to murder than manslaughter
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.