[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are millenials normalizing fat? Despite all the the changes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: weight-loss-fats.jpg (30KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
weight-loss-fats.jpg
30KB, 640x420px
Are millenials normalizing fat?

Despite all the the changes the media says millennials are going to bring to society, reversing obesity trends will not be one of them.

As far as I know, Americans (and people all over the world in general) are eating more than ever and absolutely exercising less than ever before. On top of that, Millennials are more comfortable being fat and more accepting of fat than previous generations. People say that Millennials are more tolerant of a plurality of existences and types, and fat is certainly included here.

The global foodie movement, combined with social media, have made people more food-obsessed than ever. A lot of Internet posts, meme, and media poke fun at, while at the same time increasing our tolerance of, our collective laziness and tendency to overeat.

A lot of young people are remarkable nonchalant about gaining weight. A lot of people are saying, "I eat what I want!" and rather than worry obsessively about weight gain and diet, they turn to body positivity and body acceptance. Standards of beauty are shifting. People worry if you're too thin, but find nothing amiss if you're fat. Thick is sexy and chubby is just fine too.

The growth of feminism exerts its influence too. The pressure to maintain a svelte figured associated with patriarchy, and feminism liberating women to look and act and feel how they want to, eat and wear what they want to. Young women have never been so comfortable and confident in their bodies, despite a growing abundance of big butts, belly rolls, and cellulite.

I believe that we are more accepting of fat than ever before and that millennials are doing a lot to push this acceptance farther along. They are, from what I can see, working to normalize fatness. What do you think?
>>
>>130264923
You can't normalize genetic desire for specific chest / waist / hip ratios.

Just more raging against the sky; give it time.
>>
>>130264923
body positivity/health@all sizes doesn't exist IRL. psure it exists online only, and even then it's promoted facetiously.
>>
>>130264923

No worries. People with traditional standards will still pick fit people.
Meanwhile the former will be left alone and will eventually die out.
>>
Millenial females are TRYING to. It is working in the sense that more FEMALES are being ersuaded into thinking fat is OK. But it is not working in the sense that men are suddenly becoming attracted to whales, which is what they really want
>>
>Young women have never been so comfortable and confident in their bodies, despite a growing abundance of big butts, belly rolls, and cellulite.
>cellulite

Cellulite is present in something like 90% of females and is affected by a fuckton of factors aside from diet and exercise. My sister has never been overweight a day in her life - if anything, she's been underweight - yet she still has dimpling on the backs of her thighs.
>>
i would say it's cause and effecct. profit is to be made from people buying more food. cheaper to make just happens to be most obesity causing. i'm surprised clothing manufacturers havent realized that. charge more for bigger clothes. it's simple.
>>
>>130265380

This.

Fat women are becoming normalized through the THICC movement.

Fat men are not.
>>
>>130264923
I myself wouldn't call me the thinnest person, but instead of what those cucks do, i try to lose some weight, with hard work and eating the right things. And i get angry when i see those idiots telling "that it's ok to be fat" or "that the society is the problem not the fat" it's like they're to damn fucking lazy to do something against it instead of just complaioning like children
>>
File: tmyk.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tmyk.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>130264923
>Are millenials normalizing fat?

fat people are more susceptible to mind control techniques that the CIA uses to socially engineer the nation/world to do the bidding of jews. (techniques which are also used to sell food in advertisements)

Unfortunately for (((their))) plans, VERY few people want to breed with fatties (especially fat women), and this is becoming a problem for their dysgenics program of making sure that only the most susceptible to mind control breed in goy nations.

Smart women are typically not fat, because they realize that men are not attracted to fatties.

Fat women attempt to get the government to make being thin illeigal because they literally cannot control their urge to overeat.

Thusly, in a half assed attempt to rectify their mistake, the jews are attempting to push "Fat Acceptance" on males.... shaming them into only breeding with brainwashed landwhales.

Honestly, I have to applaud the jews self awareness on this one, as they seem to have realized that it's probably easier to trick men into finding fatties attractive, than it is to get fatties to put down the fucking fork and excersize.
>>
Ever thought about how vulgar the act of eating actually is? The promotion of food culture is Jewish degeneration of modesty. Eating should be personal and a shared, family experience. Not a consumerist shitfest.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.