[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "chemical imbalance" a Jewish plot? What do ya'll

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 5

File: Prozac6002PPS0.jpg (34KB, 531x567px) Image search: [Google]
Prozac6002PPS0.jpg
34KB, 531x567px
Is "chemical imbalance" a Jewish plot? What do ya'll think of SSRIs?
>>
>>130158842
yes they are a kike plot buddy.
>>
No its shitty genetics spreading because they stopped eugenics
>>
Idk but it keeps me from killing myself and for now i am thankful for that
>>
>>130158842
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Szasz

"Myth of mental illness"
"Mental illness" is an expression, a metaphor that describes an offending, disturbing, shocking, or vexing conduct, action, or pattern of behavior, such as schizophrenia, as an "illness" or "disease". Szasz wrote: "If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia. If the dead talk to you, you are a spiritualist; If you talk to the dead, you are a schizophrenic."[11][page needed] He maintained that, while people behave and think in disturbing ways, and those ways may resemble a disease process (pain, deterioration, response to various interventions), this does not mean they actually have a disease. To Szasz, disease can only mean something people "have", while behavior is what people "do". Diseases are "malfunctions of the human body, of the heart, the liver, the kidney, the brain" while "no behavior or misbehavior is a disease or can be a disease. That's not what diseases are." Szasz cited drapetomania as an example of a behavior that many in society did not approve of, being labeled and widely cited as a disease. Likewise, women who did not bend to a man's will were said to have hysteria.[12] He thought that psychiatry actively obscures the difference between behavior and disease in its quest to help or harm parties in conflicts. He maintained that, by calling people diseased, psychiatry attempts to deny them responsibility as moral agents in order to better control them.

get into szasz´s work for a start.
>>
>>130161775

Psychiatry's main methods are those of conversation or rhetoric, repression, and religion. To the extent that psychiatry presents these problems as "medical diseases", its methods as "medical treatments", and its clients – especially involuntary – as medically ill patients, it embodies a lie and therefore constitutes a fundamental threat to freedom and dignity. Psychiatry, supported by the state through various Mental Health Acts, has become a modern secular state religion according to Szasz. It is a vastly elaborate social control system, using both brute force and subtle indoctrination, which disguises itself under the claims of scientificity.

>Psychiatry, supported by the state through various Mental Health Acts, has become a modern secular state religion according to Szasz.

>Psychiatry, supported by the state through various Mental Health Acts, has become a modern secular state religion according to Szasz.

>>
>>130158842
They believe everybody should live the way they live. This leads to mental illness for those adapted to different environments.
>>
>>130161775
good thing the finngolians figured out a way to treat psychosis with very little or no meds that works splendidly!!!

OPEN DIALOGUE: an alternative Finnish approach to healing psychosis (COMPLETE FILM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDVhZHJagfQ

thank you based finngolians :P
>>
>>130161024
By that logic youre wrong since niggers are outbreeding you, fucking americuck
>>
>>130158842
They will fuck up whoever takes them.
>>
>>130158842
I've been taking these for 2 months and still nothing. Fucking jews.
>>
>>130162115
this approach to dealing with people who experience psychosis is especially important to whites because it focuses on the community. instead of putting them away in an institution or let go to wander the streets alone they get the help at home, work, or where-ever they experience their psychosis.
>>
Three genes are required to metabolize a wide variety of medications, including many antidepressants, antipsychotics, and antianxiolytics. In a material segment of the population, these genes are defective, either being entirely unable to metabolize or being inefficient.

This can lead to psychosis.
Antidepressant-induced akathisia-related homicides associated with diminishing mutations in metabolizing genes of the CYP450 family
https://www.dovepress.com/antidepressant-induced-akathisia-related-homicides-associated-with-dim-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-PGPM
Ever wonder why school shooters tend to be white and medicated? Whites are the predominant race in America, but also are the most likely to be medicated. Per CDC, from 2005-2008, 13.6% of nonhispanic whites were on antidepressants, compared to 3.9% blacks and 2.7% mexicans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP2D6
>Race is a factor in the occurrence of CYP2D6 variability. The prevalence of CYP2D6 poor metabolizers is approximately 6–10% in white populations, but is lower in most other ethnic groups such as Asians (2%).[13] In African-Americans, the frequency of poor metabolizers is greater than for whites.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP2C19
>Genetic polymorphism (mainly CYP2C192, CYP2C193 and CYP2C19*17) exists for CYP2C19 expression, with approximately 3–5% of Caucasian and 15–20% of Asian populations being poor metabolizers with no CYP2C19 function.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP2C9
>Genetic polymorphism exists for CYP2C9 expression because the CYP2C9 gene is highly polymorphic. More than 50 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) have been described in the regulatory and coding regions of the CYP2C9 gene,[13] some of them are associated with reduced enzyme activity compared with wild type in vitro.
>Multiple in vivo studies also show that several mutant CYP2C9 genotypes are associated with significant reduction of in metabolism and daily dose requirements of selected CYP2C9 substrate.
>>
>>130162509
These drugs go to your liver, which tries to process them. For those people with genetic defects, psych med waste continues to build up in the liver because it can't fully metabolize the meds. Eventually the patient snaps.
The fact that there is a material chance that you could be a carrier of a polymorphism should scare you, but it gets worse. Many drugs also affect how well the gene can do its job. They can make the gene more or less efficient. A drug like Prozac is what's known as a strong inhibitor for both the CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 pathways. A strong inhibitor being one that causes at least a 5-fold increase in the plasma AUC values, or more than 80% decrease in clearance.

Suppose genetically your liver is able to process this metabolic pathway, but inefficiently. If you're on Prozac, for example, this means that you still might be poisoning yourself because it's lowered your already inefficient gene's efficacy by 80% or more.
>>
>>130162560
I haven't even told you the worst part yet. The worst part is that genetic testing exists to screen for this stuff. But it is standard practice not to test.
People are being driven insane by these meds. It is a recognized issue--people have been acquitted of murder because forensic psychiatrists have demonstrated that their meds drove them insane--and yet doctors won't even tell you that they can screen for this risk. The tests are only a few hundred bucks.
>>
Jewish plot is simplistic conspiracy bs, but there are some points to consider
>we don't know what depression is, what causes it, why it exists and persists evolutionarily
>they don't know how SSRIs even work when they do (by work I mean allow people to function, all side effects included, I don't think they "work" because they don't)
>SSRI acts on serotonin, and sure it's inutitive that a dearth of this nuerotransmitter is gonna be bad, but there are other drugs that are as effective and more which act on different neurotransmitters or even REDUCE serotonin in the synapse such as Tianeptine which is available legally from nootropics delaers. This is an SSREe, the E standing for enhancer.
>what this may imply is that people benefit not from any particular variable manipulation, but from any variable at all. In other words, the benefit lies in altering reality in any way possible. This means SSRI treatment is fundamentally no different from simply having a drink
>the structure of society is antagonistic to human needs in every way. Isolated, repetitive and meaningless work, material values. We are not meant to live alone in an apartment.
>of course society is structured in a way to maximize productivity and indebtedness to and dependence on the system, which is a conscious effort in some ways but there is quite a lot of money spent trying to fix these ills at the same time.
>>
>>130158842
Given theyhave no way of testing for a "chemical imbalance" and have no fucking clue how these drugs work, yes. It's a scam to make Staceys who hate themselves feel happy with pills. Some Brave New World type shit.
>>
>>130158842
They make the dogs stop barking
>>
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4172306/
>Antidepressants are supposed to work by fixing a chemical imbalance, specifically, a lack of serotonin in the brain. Indeed, their supposed effectiveness is the primary evidence for the chemical imbalance theory. But analyses of the published data and the unpublished data that were hidden by drug companies reveals that most (if not all) of the benefits are due to the placebo effect. Some antidepressants increase serotonin levels, some decrease it, and some have no effect at all on serotonin. Nevertheless, they all show the same therapeutic benefit. Even the small statistical difference between antidepressants and placebos may be an enhanced placebo effect, due to the fact that most patients and doctors in clinical trials successfully break blind. The serotonin theory is as close as any theory in the history of science to having been proved wrong. Instead of curing depression, popular antidepressants may induce a biological vulnerability making people more likely to become depressed in the future.

muh chemical imbalance
>>
>>130162560
>>130162509
Don't forget the tolerance build up. Because a drug like Prozac increases seratonin reuptake so much, your body stops producing so much and you crash into depression if you ever go off it. It's addictive as fuck.
>>
>>130158842
I took these for a month and felt absolutely no changes. The doctor said I should take more over a longer duration to feel any affects but it felt like they just wanted my money. I went in for a series of random chest-pains that went away naturally after a few months after this. I did find out I have heart arrhythmia though.
>>
>>130158842
No, nutrition etc is important, vitamin supplements are good if you dont get enough through regular diet

As for pills influencing ones mood? (Considering pic related) Physically possible but not desirable
>>
>>130162630
The fundamental truth about depression is that most depressed people are right to be depressed and their lives suck. But making them or helping them improve their lives is frowned upon. Instead, we give them feel good pills to stave off suicide.
>>
>>130158842
Of course, they fuck your brain chemistry permanently so you're dependent on them for life. That's why they have been coming for kids with made up disorders like ADHD
>>
>>130158842
FUCK SSRI's.
FUCK THEM.
I've had depression since I was 15 (30 now), and anti-depressants were the worst choice I ever made in my life... the period of 10 years that I was taking them was the lowest I've ever felt, it made EVERYTHING worse.
The side effects made me sick/nauseous every single day without fail, caused me to develop photophobia (extreme sensitivity to sunlight), and gave me restless leg syndrome...
I quit all my meds cold turkey in November and I've never felt better, coming off them was the best thing I did, although the side effects still linger 8 months later which is shit.

Anti-depressants cause more problems than they solve in my experience.
I wanted to die every single day when I was taking them, and a week after stopping I found my love of life again, I stopped being so hateful and resentful.
>>
>>130163136
The latest research says they work by placebo, so you're probably right to feel that way. Good luck on your depression.
>>
I wouldn't take that shit.

You could supplement with tryptophan to increase serotonin. Or 5htp with EGCG (green tea extract). Take vitamin D too.
>>
>>130163630
It's more apathy than depression. Doesn't interfere with day to day life. Doctor prescribed it to me the moment I mentioned that I was having issues with my family which didn't sit well with me because it seemed too easy to get. I really dislike how easily doctors give out medication.
>>
>>130161147
Stop taking them pls
>>
Look what I found here...

>>130161912
https://aeon.co/essays/the-psychiatrist-who-didn-t-believe-in-mental-illness

Mad, or bad?
Even in the decade of dissent, Thomas Szasz stood alone when he attacked the idea of madness from the political right
(...)
He declared that ‘psychiatry is a threat to civil liberties, especially to the liberties of individuals stigmatised as “right-wingers”

>He declared that ‘psychiatry is a threat to civil liberties, especially to the liberties of individuals stigmatized as "right-wingers"

>He declared that ‘psychiatry is a threat to civil liberties, especially to the liberties of individuals stigmatised as “right-wingers”

Writing about the Walker case in 2009, Szasz contended that the state’s attempt to pathologise the major general as a ‘racist’ bore comparison with the pathologisation of escaped slaves in the 19th century:
(...)
Before the Civil War, proslavery physicians in the South diagnosed black slaves who tried to escape to the North as mentally ill, ‘suffering from drapetomania’. In the Walker case, pro-integration psychiatrists in the North diagnosed white segregationists as mentally ill, ‘suffering from racism’.

THOMAS SZASZ CONFIRMED FOR /OURGUY/
>>
>>130164163
the worst thing is they trained us to constantly scan each other forsymptoms of this made up diseases.
>>
>>130164163
lulz

https://aeon.co/essays/the-psychiatrist-who-didn-t-believe-in-mental-illness

Correction, 14 May 2013: the original version of this article stated that Szasz was a Republican. The more accurate designation is right-wing libertarian.

Confirmed for Alt-Right-Godfather
>>
File: dog mousepad.jpg (94KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dog mousepad.jpg
94KB, 764x1024px
>>130158842
Took them for a year and hated it. At worst they make you want to kill yourself, at best they make you feel like you're already dead.
Also they make it difficult to get an erection and even more difficult to orgasm. Awful withdrawal effects too, took me 2 months of tapering down the dose to get off them. Towards the end I was breaking up capsules and swallowing just a few individual granules to keep the headaches down.

I still have bad depression and anxiety but at least I don't feel completely dead inside.

I've also noticed restless leg syndrome like >>130163578, but I haven't been to a doctor about it.
>>
>>130161775
(((Szasz)))
>>
>>130158842
of course its a Jewish plot.
"Oh no goy, looks like your brain chemicals seem a little off, trust me, it has nothing to do with the processed shit foods you eat and your lack of exercise, just take these pills, it'll solve it all!"
>>
>>130165356
sure, but look at his work or at least read the artilcle.or not. he foresaw what is happening right now. forced medication for toddlers,kids, teens is common practice now.
>>
>>130158842
I can confirm previous posts, they are terrible, not worth taking.
>>
>>130165356
just think of the endless diagnosing of trump with all sorts of psychiatric disorders-
>>
Personally I had a good experience overall with meds. Initially I was on lexapro but switched to Wellbutrin because otherwise sex was impossible. Going on lexapro there was a period when it was difficult to pee. That was fun. Currently in the process of tapering off all meds and so far no withdrawal. If I had to try treating my depression again from the start, I would have tried kelly brogan' routine. It's a few hundred bucks and sticking coffee up your butt but it avoids pharmaceuticals and supposedly gets good results.
>>
Also, had good experience with lithium. That was the one thing that really fixes my suicidal ideation.
>>
>>130158842
medication for ADHD is better.

I have never felt anymore woke than when I take ritalin.
>>
>>130158842
Im a pharmaceutical chemist and I would never take them. Ever
>>
>>130162624
>people have been acquitted of murder because forensic psychiatrists have demonstrated that their meds drove them insane-
source ?
>>
File: 2017-05-28 02.11.43.png (349KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-28 02.11.43.png
349KB, 480x360px
>>
>>130165854
My post was a joke. From what I could read I agree with this views on this topic.
>>
>>130158842
My dog is on Prozac...fucking jews trying to mind control my dog. Guess I better start sleeping with one eye open.
>>
>>130166714
elaborate pls for the clueless padawans ITT
>>
>>130166740
>In July 2003, at the age of 45, I experienced my first major depression. I started taking 40mg. of the antidepressant Paxil a day. By September, I was feeling mentally healthy again. After forgetting to take Paxil for a few days in February 2004, I weaned myself off the drug. I started to feel depressed again in July. My symptoms included insomnia, increased anxiety, rapid weight loss, low concentration and a lack of energy. I put myself back on 40mg. of Paxil a day.
>A few days after I started taking Paxil again, I was having suicidal thoughts. I thought I could get rid of the thoughts and recover more quickly if I increased my dosage. On July 17, I started taking 60mg. of Paxil a day. Three days later, I planned my suicide. I went from planning my suicide to planning a murder-suicide to planning a murder. On July 31, 2004, I killed my 11-year-old son Ian. I was charged with first-degree murder.
>In November 2004, I was diagnosed by one of the leading forensic psychiatrists in the world as being in a "major depression" with "psychotic episodes" when I killed Ian. In May 2005, his assessment was supported by another leading forensic psychiatrist, who was hired by the crown attorney. On September 30, 2005, I was judged to be "not criminally responsible on account of a mental disorder" for murdering Ian. I received an absolute discharge from the Ontario Review Board on December 4, 2009.
http://davidcarmichael.com/

Another paper on drug induced akathisia https://www.madinamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Eikelenboom-Schieveld-Lucire-Fogleman-akathisia-and-violence.pdf
>>
>>130167958
thanks
>>
They want people to take those drugs so that they won't complain as much and will be easier to control when gun confiscation finally occurs, among other events.

Remember, if you experience a death of a friend or family member, having money troubles, or feeling down that you're alone-YOU'RE INSANE AND NEED EXPENSIVE AND DANGEROUS DRUGS.
>>
>>130166366
Ritalin stunts growth and correlates with early onset Alzheimer's. Plus it's extremely easy to build up a tolerance to it.
t. 5'6" manlet who started taking at 14 and never grew another inch
I only take when I have important things to do so as to avoid getting tolerant.
>>
>>130167958
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>130168605
shit, I just started it last week. and it was fucking hard to get this medication (in puerto rico phychiatrists are hesitant in prescribing "habit-forming drugs"). it's not nearly as easy as some americans say it is to get these kinds of drugs, they normally just prescribe you wellbutrin.

ever since I was a child i would day dream and I get sleepy when trying to focus in class. but after starting this medication, I feel "woke", like, you can eduacte me on anything and I can understand everything you say to me. when I conversate with someone I normally don't pay attention to anything you say to me, and I am most likely day dreaming about something. I had the attention span of a literal child. this doesn't motivate me to study at all, like some people say. but I feel "awake" and I can focus on my studies.

i am also 5'6'', but that is average over here.
>>
>>130167958
>>130162850
>>130162624
>>130162560
>>130162509
Nice posts. Have anything else?
>>
>>130162965
This. Don't fucking take SSRI bullshit! I have bad depression for many years, and I do now too. Smoking pot once in a while helps as does eating mushrooms once in a blue moon. The biggest help though is psychoanalyzing yourself. You HAVE to get stronger mentally. You have to be tough to survive, so make yourself tough god dammit!!
>>
>>130158842
Have the same efficacy as placebos and almost all school shooters were on them. Hell they made one guy chop up his 11 year old son
>>
>>130158842
yes. that shit is fucking poison
>>
>>130158842
I got SSRI prescribed when I was 16, for OCD and social anxiety, and it had no effects on me. It turned out that I had neither OCD nor social anxiety, I have ASD.
>>
>>130169474
no not really. kelly brogan on JRE if you're interested.

also full disclosure, i've had a good experience with psych meds personally. currently tapering off.
>>
These anti-depressants are not meant to be gone on indefinitely, but that's what the (((psychiatrists))) do. They got my father on these, and he's been on them for decades, and he's completely emotionally blank. These psych drugs are like a soft chemical lobotomy.

Now they are pushing anti-psychotics as an adjunct to "boost" the effects of the SSRIs when you've been on them for years and they don't work anymore, and anti-psychotics have literally been shown by studies to cause physical changes and shrinkage in the brain, not simply a chemical but a physical lobotomy.

They don't tell any of the patients this before prescribing them ahead of time of course.

After observing my father and his change, I'm completely anti-(((psychiatry))).
>>
>>130158842
I would strongly advise against SSRIs, at all costs.
They derailed me and (seemingly permanently) changed me for the worse.
>>
>>130158842
They are literally making people insane.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00188.png (591KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00188.png
591KB, 853x480px
>>130158842

I saw it on a program.
>>
>doctor gives me anti-depressants
>stomach pain all day
>very difficult to get an erection and cum
I have no fucking idea why doctors think this is good, I already want to quit them.
>>
I studied psych in school and I took SSRIs.

IT DEPENDS on you. For me, I was on them for 2 years. It did mellow me out but I didn't feel like myself.

I did come to terms with what was making me depressed and anxious. Then about a month ago I stopped taking it. Noticed a big difference. I keep the remainder of what I have, just in case.
>>
They get handed out to every who goes into a doctors office. That alone should tell you that they shouldn't be trusted, because not everyone should need them.
>>
>>130169941

Well yeah, SSRIs inhibit your libido.
>>
>>130168605
Stop blaming other things for your defective growth genes.
>>
>>130158842

I was on them for a year because of a terrible job situation (teaching violent niggers) that I couldn't escape. I was drinking every night and thinking about killing myself. Went to the shrink, who gave me a low dose of Lexapro. It numbed me up so that I could go to work, not care about anything that happened, and come home without drinking myself to dearh.

I finally was able to change jobs a year later and got off the Lexapro. So I had a positive experience with it.

>inb4 "hurr durr weak faggot" insults from NEETs who've never had a job and never leave their parents' house
>>
>>130170004
Idk, it's my 5th day, should I talk with my doctor about it?
I do feel like I'm losing my mind.
>>
Yes, they mess you up.

Only thing that can cure depression is descipline, cleanliness and surrounding yourself with good people. And in some cases vitamine d injections or thyroid medications. Or, you know, not catching syphilis.
>>
>>130162411
>Two Weeks
Stop now or you will never be the same.
t. Prozac victim
>>
I had been in an outpatient program for depression for a few months. A lot of the other people there were worse off than me and were inpatient. The hospital put everyone on lithium, first thing, before any other potential antidepressants. Lithium is an interesting drug. It's one of the oldest known medications. It's literally just a naturally occurring salt. It's safety profile is well understood. It fucking works too. But it's dangerous because it's super sensitive to the concentration in your blood stream. To the point where there is very little wiggle room and it's easy to hurt yourself if you take even a little too much. Going on them you need regular blood tests to make sure your levels aren't too high. But AFAIK it's easy to get off (at least, it was for me). Excellent for dealing with thoughts of suicide. I think generally it's less likely to be handed out like candy as most SSRIs are because 1) there is little incentive for drug companies to push it because it's not proprietary and also because 2) of the need for close attention when first going on it (the blood tests and such).
>>
>>130161775
/pol/ is scientologist now???
>>
>>130158842
fucking awful. my mom takes them. do not use them. dont use drugs unless it's caffeine. No adderall either. no other drugs
>>
Should I stop taking them now? I'm gonna see my doctor the next week.
>>
>>130158842
>Is "chemical imbalance" a Jewish plot?
No.
>What do ya'll think of SSRIs?
They're very useful and some of the safest drugs on the market.

This whole (((psychiatry))) conspiracy bullshit is on the same level as denying evolution, being against vaccines and believing in mind-controlling chemtrails. It's entertainment for morons.
>>
>>130162684
>stops the barking dogs...
Dogs who take Prozac don't bark, or the people who take Prozac stop hearing dogs?
>>
>>130169285
For me it was easy as fuck. It varies a lot by doctor. You probably just had one which was more open about it. I just wish they'd actually tell you the side effects before prescribing it to you like it's a cure-all.

I totally feel you. Ritalin lets you sleep 5 hours and still be alert and competent. Still, I wouldn't take unless you're past 19 in age or are genuinely so fucked up you can't live without it.

There's other cures to genuine ADHD/ADD btw. Just going on regular hikes or outdoor exercise reduced it by a lot in some studies. As does an improved diet. I'd look into those for a try.
>>
>>130170127

You should. What are you taking? Dosage and brand matters.

I was on a light dose and even my libido was inhibited. SSRIs don't make you anxious, and when you get hard, you're excited.
>>
>>130170408
you realise antidepresiva are mind-controlling chemicail?
>>
>>130170342
Unless you genuinely feel like you'll kill yourself unless you take them, yes. It's a placebo and the chemical imbalance meme theory is being debunked with every successive study.

Odds are you're depressed because your life sucks. You'll have to fix your life to stop feeling depressed. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>130170671
Sertaline, it's a SSRI.
>I was on a light dose and even my libido was inhibited. SSRIs don't make you anxious, and when you get hard, you're excited.
I don't know if this sounds good or bad.
>>
they select and imprison youth to experiment on their minds with psychotropic chemicals.

its the same as mutilation/mame/rape.

they abduct kidnap kids. send in a pedo to talk to them for 10 minutes..

diagnosis the child victim with a handful of bullshit diagnosis, and begin mutilating the child's brain with chemicals..

they're essentialy child abusers.

and should be shot in sight..
kicked in the head...
lit on fire..
decapitated..
whatever..

better them than the kids.
>>
>>130162411
Get off while you can. Consider this a warning
>>
I have a daughter who is schizophrenic. It hit her at about 18 yo....She literally sees and hears shit that isn't there. Is scared all the time, lives in a shitty shitty world.

She is on meds now, and doing a lot better.... like... she is not the way she was when younger, but has days when she is, and some days not as good, but at least no voices and sadness.

She takes 5 mg Abilify,10 mg Buspar,10 mg Xopenex, 2 times a day.

I am in natural and alternative health business, and don't believe in treating ADHD, ADD and all that shit for kids with meds. But for my daughter,... it saved her life and sanity. I believe it's mis-prescribed, and over-prescribed in a lot of cases, but there is a section of society that it really helps out.
>>
>>130170231
lithium gets used a lot for people who have trouble with mania too
>>
>>130171051
Another thing I'm noticing is that I sleep like shit and I wake up and have to rush to the bathroom to take a shit too.
It does feels weird to go against what the doctor says for some reason, even when I went there just to stop taking meds for my anxiety.
How long does it take for the side effects to wear off?
>>
>>130170164
This is very good advice.
>>
File: 1497048253244.jpg (69KB, 720x672px) Image search: [Google]
1497048253244.jpg
69KB, 720x672px
>>130158842
>>
>>130163578
I'm in the same exact spot. Been on and off meds since 5th grade (31 now). Got red pilled on anti-depressants and quit 3 months ago. Diet, excersise, and a hobby are all you need to get by. This is assuming, of course, you posses basic abilities like self reflection and patience
>>
>>130171286
No one doubts Schitzo. It's ADD/Bipolar/Depression/ADHD/etc. meme disorders which we doubt.
>>
>>130170231
You forgot: they can't get you hooked on it.
>>
>>130161147
>Idk but it keeps me from killing myself and for now i am thankful for that

If going from bouts of anxiety/depression and self-medicating with ungodly amounts of booze to being now completely sober, fit, happy and balanced is a jew plot...well, GTKRWN but let me keep my SSRI.
>>
>>130171066
Get off Sert ASAP! I was on it for a few months and it took my brain years to recover. It's evil poison. Don't fall for the SSRI Jew. Find my first post ITT and read it.
>>
>>130170098
Did it leave a mark on your personality/emotional state? Have you gone back to normal off it?
>>
>>130171286
Schizo is a whole different ball park than depression and anxiety.
>>
>>130170228
How did it change you?
>>
>>130162257
We also didn't used to subsidize mediocrity
>>
>>130158842
Weird how you can only die from alcohol and benzo/pharm withdrawals....
>>
>>130171887
Guess all I need was someone to talk about it.
I don't really understand how did the doctor convinced me with the "you would feel like shit for the first 4 days but get better in 20 and you will take them for 6 months to fix your chemical imbalance".
Did I got used as a monkey test?
>>
>>130170231
I would just like to say, your posts now and before have been very useful and worth conserving.
>>
>>130169682
This. So much this.
>>
How did these things changed you guys for worse?
>>
>>130171962

Not at all. No long-term side effects and no effect on my personality or emotional state. Bear in mind, though, I was only on them for a year on a low dose, and mine were used to treat situational depressiom associated with my job, not clinical depression.

I definitely believe that they're overprescribed and that they're used by the Jew to control the populace. On those things I could've taught niggers indefinitely like a good goy.

I think if you use them to get out of a bad spot and the result is a net improvement in your quality of life then they have value.
>>
>>130172476
Glad to hear you find it useful. More full disclosure: I have no medical background.
>>
>>130159303
This, there has been no in-vivo human measurement of pre- and post- brain pill chemical balance. Never.

If you're mentally weak the kikes'll convince you to take their brain pills. It's a trap, but a voluntary one like gambling. Nobody says you have to be a retard and go to a kike head shrinker in the first place.
>>
>>130161147
I had chronic depression for years and tried to off myself many times. The drugs they put me on time and time again didn't help or just made it worse. I joined the Marine Corps as a last ditch effort to get me life on track. Obviously I couldn't be some bitch crying and I had to hide my mental illness, which it is, and that situation gave me the tools to pry myself back up and maintain a healthy life even with the depression. I work and am continuing my degree now.

Drugs are meant for people that lack basic human function and if that's what you are then just off yourself already. If you want to live a normal life, start exercising and begin a career in a trade at a minimum.
>>
>>130163196
While not actually improving their lives. People need exercise and proper diet for a healthy mind but nooooo muh chemical imbalance
>>
>>130170004
If it weren't for meds me libido would keep me in the quarters or on top of ye sister when I port matey.
>>
>>130158842
Was taking them for months with no effect.
Stimulants (ritalin, adderall ...) on the other hand were great for improving the mood momentarily.
>>
>>130172021. I took them for about 5 years. Initially they seemed to help with depression. They also, I believe, helped me stop smoking cigarettes. Gained a good 40 lbs. After a couple years I was no longer interested in doing things. I was a runner, 30 mile weeks. One morning just stopped and walked home. Played guitar and sang in a working band. One day I called the bassist and said I wasn't going to make practices. Quit. Walked away from a paying gig. Hobbies and friends, they just didn't seem worth the effort.
After 5 years or so I stopped. Tapered off under Dr observation. Tapering off took at least 8 months until the shocks/surges stopped (Google it). During the 8 months I was raging idiot. Worse than anything before the meds. I nearly ended up divorced. Then my wife found her father and a customer murdered. The shit hit the fan. Doc asked if I wanted any meds for dealing with the stress. "Hell No." Nothing in life can make me feel worse than SSRIs.
Today, eight years later, I still have low motivation and cannot get excited about anything like before meds. I just don't care.

Only good thing about Prozac is that I could fuck like a pornstar. Hours like a jackhammer. Blow the nut and I'd be up in 15 minutes, doing her again. Wore my wife out, but I was such a shut in that there was no way for me to get some strange.
Still today I feel like part of my soul was killed and cut out.
>>
Alright guys here me out. I know this sounds like bullshit but if you have anxiety or depression- try out hypnotherapy. I was on anxiety/depression meds for almost 9 years. I just came back from my first hypnotherapy session and I feel great. I thought it would be a placebo effect but it isn't that at all. The hypnotherapist says people are cured for life after 3-4 sessions. It could all be a scam but honestly when I was in hypnosis and the things he was telling me was no bullshit.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.