[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any living creature on earth below humans that's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: would you eat it?.jpg (44KB, 599x492px) Image search: [Google]
would you eat it?.jpg
44KB, 599x492px
>assume it's not mass produced
>assume it's not mistreated
>assume it's killed swiftly and humanely as possible
>assume there is no threat to its conservation status
>assume you have other food sources and aren't eating it for survival
>assume it's not poisonous
>assume eating it doesn't make you otherwise ill
>assume some people may still judge you for it
>assume it's not your own pet
>assume it's not someone else's pet
>remember even cows can make emotional bonds with humans, have personalities, will play around with people a bit
Do you still have limits on what animals you eat or are acceptable for others to eat if there isn't a political cause to stand behind?
Is it completely arbitrary what you do and don't eat?
Do you go along with the popular opinion for no reason other than to avoid being judged?
Are you really so petty not to eat a certain animal, because you deem them icky (ie ew frogs and snakes gross but yum filthy hogs)?
Are there certain animals that should be as popular as cow, pig, chicken, and lamb but aren't simply because of lobbies/government favor towards certain industries?
Do we need to change these arbitrary social and legal restrictions in a world with a growing population?

I can't say I have a particular interest in eating something like dog or cat, but I don't see it as wrong to eat them. Texture and smell would keep me from eating certain things at all, and taste would keep me from trying some things again. I would have guilt or sadness eating something that I had made a personal connection with even if it were brief, so I'd avoid them since we're not in survival mode. Here are some examples of "weird" food to get you thinking: http://archive.is/gITPm.
>>
I'll add that I eat organs like heart, liver, tongue, etc. I don't get what people have against them. You're wasting valuable and nutrition parts of the animal, and most people's reasoning is they deem it gross without trying it. They taste good if you prepare them correctly.
>>
>>130078049
peoples don't eat animals their culture consider pets
>>
>>130078699
The problem is that rabbits, pigs, chickens, and fish can call be pets. Some pets are okay but some aren't. I've always assumed that dogs and cats just aren't tasty.
>>
No. That's why we are almost on top of the food chain, the top spot being taken by bacteria.
Never heard of anyone complaining about bacteria eating everything though...
>>
I don't really want to eat any of the great apes, or new world monkeys.
>>
Bald eagles
>>
File: IMG_0514.jpg (125KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0514.jpg
125KB, 565x800px
>>130078049
Humans are good for eating too, only females.
>>
>>130080185
Why they're not threatened?
>>
>>130079681
never thought about it, and its actually a scary thought that we cant do anything about it.
>>
>>130078049

>Is there any living creature on earth below humans that's off limits for consumption?

No, you set the limits of consumption yourself. Even if only subconsciously through your socialization.
>>
>>130079331

Those are all terrible pets. Prey species are weird. Spend some time around them, they're just abnormal in a way dogs and cats are not. Horses are the best of them, and even they go nuts. I don't know a single person who raises rabbits, pigs, chickens, and fish who doesn't consider them foodworthy.
>>
>>130080665
This.
Necessity can change those limits, but living in the first world you can afford to choose what to eat and what to call pet.
>>
>>130078049

Objectively, if you think there's nothing wrong with eating a pig, then there shouldn't be anything wrong with eating a cat or dog. We just don't because they are cute, and killing cute things makes us sad.

However, sapient animals should be off limits for eating, because it's bordering on cannibalism. This includes apes, of course, but also dolphins and orcas, elephants and corvids. Basically, if the animals hold an emotional ceremony for their dead, which all of those do, then killing them for food is questionable, because if there's any kind of life that is more valuable than others, it's sapient life.
>>
>>130081157
i dont eat meat because im not a subhuman, but no, men are ontop of the food chain
>>
>>130078531
Chicken hearts are a good meal.
>>
>>130080787
I've never met a pet rabbit that I liked. I'd question how safe or healthy it is to eat stray domestics like cats and dogs, who knows what they've eaten.
>>130081157
>>130081448
I'd personally feel guilty and nauseated eating a sapient primate (pure feels) but wouldn't be against other people doing it as long as it's not threatening the conservation status. Humans are at the top or they aren't.
>>130081448
Is there any animal you eat or consider okay to eat like fish, crab, snails? Disgust aside, are insects okay to you morally?
>>130081794
Chicken hearts are great. Beef cheek stew is incredible.
>>
>>130081157
I don't think there's anything wrong with eating cats and dogs. I just don't like the gooks that keep them in cages smaller than their bodies and boil them alive.
>>
>>130082571

If it's okay to eat other sapient species, then it's okay to eat humans as well, and specifically babies, which don't have language and are less intelligent than many animals. In fact, crows are assumed to have intelligence across the board on the level of a grade schooler. And what other than intelligence separates us from food animals? That's the problem. You can't really argue otherwise without invoking feelings.
>>
>>130081157
Gonna have to agree with this one. Unless it's literally life or death you shouldn't consume sapient life.

>>130083338
Obviously needless torturing of any living creature shouldn't be considered acceptable.
It also ruins the fucking meat as if it's natures way of saying fuck you asshole.
>>
>>130084043
Could there be a distinction between killing to eat and eating what's already dead? If you take out religious doctrines, is it immoral to eat placenta or a human that's already passed away? Most people agree that it's disgusting and off limits, but is it inherently immoral? Also yes it's not wise to eat something that died of natural causes, I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on the subject.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.