[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the Earth is running out of clean water, why don't they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

If the Earth is running out of clean water, why don't they just build more water factories, /pol/?
>>
It ain't

Why won't we build water pipes to feed the Africans with water
>>
>>130041331
That's an area of intense research. Whoever can get the technology together at a reasonable cost is going to both very rich and in a position of serious geopolitical control.
>>
I know a solution

Let's call the UN!
>>
that's an impressive factory. is it really a water factory?
>>
>>130042194
*is going to get assassinated and his technology stolen to be sold at a thousand times its value
>>
File: S_5822818982508.jpg (83KB, 1174x1394px) Image search: [Google]
S_5822818982508.jpg
83KB, 1174x1394px
>>130041331
Hey JIDF, i know someone who can turn a fucking pollutants into water in under 15 mins, not quallified to consume though :^)

pic very related
>>
>>130042372
Maybe. A lot is being done under government protection or the protection afforded by a major corporation.
>>
>>130042194
>Whoever can get the technology together at a reasonable cost
If the demand for clean water increases, people will be willing to pay more for their water.
There is an abundance in clean water.. therefor no one is gonna "invest" in expensive water.
>>
>>130042287
>that's an impressive factory. is it really a water factory?
Every combustion of a hydrocarbon will release water vapor.
>>
>>130042372
This
>>
>tfw I live on the Great Lakes
feels good
>>
>all that german spring water for the blacks in africa to wash their dicks in
this is how you smash the fash
>>
>>130042631
A lot of the easy sources are already polluted or held by a foreign power. Israel's expansion through the Golan, for instance, is in part to secure control of the water supply there. Usually if you look at any serious military conflict there will be a fresh water source control aspect to it.

So that leaves people wondering if they can recycle used water, if they can desalinize sea water, if they can unlock fresh H2O molecules from rock, etc. Thusfar it's not even for mass demand, or even to use for urine recycling in space. A lot of it goes to labs, hospitals, etc.
>>
File: regionalbreakdown_0.jpg (109KB, 990x600px) Image search: [Google]
regionalbreakdown_0.jpg
109KB, 990x600px
North America has lots of fresh water, in the wrong locations to be useful to humans.

Pic related a plant to solve fresh water problems more or less forever.
>>
>>130042372
this
>>
>>130043148
>if they can desalinize sea water
Its not rocket science.. If you boil sea water, the water molecules will vaporize, the salt wont. All it require is energy, to convert sea-water into clean fresh-water.
The price of energy, will determine the price of water - by the distil method.
>>
File: MacKenzie-Basin-map.jpg (174KB, 800x618px) Image search: [Google]
MacKenzie-Basin-map.jpg
174KB, 800x618px
The Mackenzie river dumps an average of 10,000 cubic meters of fresh water a second, into the arctic ocean which does more or less nothing for humanity. That's 325 cubic kilometers a year or 78 cubic miles. The US total water use in a year is just 117 cubic miles. A single river meets 66% of US fresh water and is currently doing fuck all nothing.
>>
>>130043570
Yup, and they're already building those plants or at least having plans for them as far as I know. I forget why exactly this isn't seen to be a sufficient solution. And not every country has a coastline anyway.

Other interesting considerations: China has to maintain Tibet in part because it needs water from the Himalayas. This while already having a big coastline.

Part of Obama's Iran deal included providing access to the water needed for their nuclear program. Iran has a nontrivial coastline as well.

Russia claims rights to the arctic. Sure, there's gas and stuff down there. But there's also a big untapped fresh water aquafer. Russia's got a pretty darn big coastline.

It's still a significant matter of contention given current technology. I forget if it's GE or which big player is working on getting the filtration tech that takes about a city block into the size of a shoebox as part of their strategic future positioning.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.