[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will redpill you on psych meds

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Three genes are required to metabolize a wide variety of medications, including many antidepressants, antipsychotics, and antianxiolytics. In a material segment of the population, these genes are defective, either being entirely unable to metabolize or being inefficient. This can lead to psychosis.

>Antidepressant-induced akathisia-related homicides associated with diminishing mutations in metabolizing genes of the CYP450 family
https://www.dovepress.com/antidepressant-induced-akathisia-related-homicides-associated-with-dim-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-PGPM

Ever why school shooters tend to be white and medicated? Whites are the predominant race in America, but also are the most likely to be medicated. Per CDC, from 2005-2008, 13.6% of nonhispanic whites were on antidepressants, compared to 3.9% blacks and 2.7% mexicans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP2D6
>Race is a factor in the occurrence of CYP2D6 variability. The prevalence of CYP2D6 poor metabolizers is approximately 6–10% in white populations, but is lower in most other ethnic groups such as Asians (2%).[13] In African-Americans, the frequency of poor metabolizers is greater than for whites.[14]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP2C19
>Genetic polymorphism (mainly CYP2C19*2, CYP2C19*3 and CYP2C19*17) exists for CYP2C19 expression, with approximately 3–5% of Caucasian and 15–20% of Asian populations being poor metabolizers with no CYP2C19 function.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP2C9
>Genetic polymorphism exists for CYP2C9 expression because the CYP2C9 gene is highly polymorphic. More than 50 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) have been described in the regulatory and coding regions of the CYP2C9 gene,[13] some of them are associated with reduced enzyme activity compared with wild type in vitro.[citation needed]
Multiple in vivo studies also show that several mutant CYP2C9 genotypes are associated with significant reduction of in metabolism and daily dose requirements of selected CYP2C9 substrate.
>>
>>130022376
These drugs go to your liver, which tries to process them. For those people with genetic defects, psych med waste continues to build up in the liver because it can't fully metabolize the meds. Eventually the patient snaps.

The fact that there is a material chance that you could be a carrier of a polymorphism should scare you, but it gets worse. Many drugs also affect how well the gene can do its job. They can make the gene more or less efficient. A drug like Prozac is what's known as a strong inhibitor for both the CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 pathways. A strong inhibitor being one that causes at least a 5-fold increase in the plasma AUC values, or more than 80% decrease in clearance.

Suppose genetically your liver is able to process this metabolic pathway, but inefficiently. If you're on Prozac, for example, this means that you still might be poisoning yourself because it's lowered your already inefficient gene's efficacy by 80% or more.
>>
I haven't even told you the worst part yet. The worst part is that genetic testing exists to screen for this stuff. But it is standard practice not to test.

People are being driven insane by these meds. It is a recognized issue--people have been acquitted of murder because forensic psychiatrists have demonstrated that their meds drove them insane--and yet doctors won't even tell you that they can screen for this risk. The tests are only a few hundred bucks.
>>
File: db76_fig2.png (32KB, 960x520px)
db76_fig2.png
32KB, 960x520px
>>
File: temptation-of-saint-anthony.jpg (360KB, 900x762px) Image search: [Google]
temptation-of-saint-anthony.jpg
360KB, 900x762px
>>130022376
Ive taken probably 8 different anyidepressants/antipsychs and when I was coming off of them I went into psyhosis and thought I was a cartoon character for like 3 weeks. Would not buy again
>>
>>130023224
Oh yea everybody should get genetically tested before taking anti depressants.

You can find out which ones will have an effect instead of just taking them at random hoping one will work.
>>
>>130022376
Have you seen the JRE with Kelly Brogan? Talks about this problem and how doctors know the risk but prescribe them anyway
>>
>>130027851
Yep that's what really turned me on to this. Scary stuff desu.
>>
>>130022376
interesting.
>>
I took prozac for 2 weeks and experienced tremors, repeating sounds and serotonin syndrome.

Psych told me to continue taking it cause it's just reaction. I was developing symptoms similar to parkinsons. I couldn't spell out my name few times.

Still fighting depression ,lifting, running, paleolike diet, fasting, cold showers etc.

What tests to take for anti depressants?
>>
>>130028620
I know that Genelex offers them genelex.com/pharmacogenetic-tests/

You might need to go through a doctor though.

re: tremors; I was on lithium for a while. Tremors are a common side effect there too, although fortunately I was able to have my dose low enough where I wasn't subjected to them.
>>
stay out of the system, its dark and corrupted, you dont want to know what theyre potentially planning, become an uberman that relies on natural health from the earth, nature, and awareness of energy
>>
>>130029525
Leaf is right this time.
>>
I used to have bad spasms where I looked like that painting of the man with tetanus because of resperidol I was prescribed
>>
up
>>
up
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.