[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm all for gun ownership. The more guns in law-abiding

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (79KB, 420x309px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 420x309px
I'm all for gun ownership. The more guns in law-abiding American's hands the better, it'll make nanny state police and politicians less likely to infringe on personal freedoms. However, please consider this next question with as open a mind as possible. Why do we allow those on the no-fly list and those deemed mentally unstable to purchase guns? Keep guns out of Muslims hands and keep autistic Asians from shooting up the sorority girls that reject them. It seems like simple math and yet every possible measure that's been taken has been shut down by gun lobbies and the Republican controlled congress and senate. Why is this not a good idea?

I was going to include domestic abusers but then I realized that if we continue adding to the list then eventually everyone would have a reason not to be allowed a gun. If we keep it at 1) Muslims who even the government see as shady and 2) those who are mentally incapable, then we should see a sharp decline of most gun atrocities right?
>>
>>129994447
People on the no fly list aren't told about it and you can't try to appeal it.
>>
>>129994678
They wouldn't be put on the list without probable cause right?
>>
>>129994678
No fly list is unconstitutional. If they're foreigners, deport them. Same goes with guns.
>>
File: gun grabbing jews.jpg (780KB, 1784x2467px) Image search: [Google]
gun grabbing jews.jpg
780KB, 1784x2467px
>>129994447
>no-fly list

Because (((democrat))) politicians would just put everybody on their secret watch lists and Swat all of us. Does that answer your dumb question?
>>
>why does due process matter?
Trey Gowdy articulated the case against this line of reasoning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzqkrLk1QTw
>>
>>129994447
Getting put on a no-fly list isn't due process. You're not tried and convicted. You don't even get a hearing of any sort. Some government agency just puts you on the list and never notifies you. Do you really think your constitutional rights should be at the mercy of a random bureaucrat in some nameless agency you never interacted with for reasons that may have no basis in reality?
>>
File: commando-wrong.gif (627KB, 270x150px) Image search: [Google]
commando-wrong.gif
627KB, 270x150px
>>129994779

Wrong. Babies have been put on the secret no fly list.
>>
History has shown once you restrict one aspect, the threshold for the push for more restrictions gets significantly lower
>>
>>129994447
I think a government that can run a competent background check on its citizens can find out their citizen's political leanings. Given that, people with unfavorable opinions won't get the right based on some bullshit.

IE I'm a voluntarist anarchist. I'm worried the gov will find out in the background check and deny me based on some bullshit like my """ADHD"""
>>
>>129994862
>>129994968
That's a good point. Surely there must be a way to keep Muslims who retweet ISIS training videos or communicate with Syrian terrorists from buying guns though right?
>>
>>129994779
No. It'll take 8 years of Trump and at least one other actual right-wing president's term to clean up the insane mess left by Obama. People don't realize how much he really messed things up.
>>
>>129994447
consider this: why do we allow those on the no fly list to remain in the country?
>>
>>129994447
Well, the muzzies will just have illegal guns. I mean, look at the terrorist acts that they have already done.
>>
>>129995236
Maybe because they can't fly out
>>
>>129995139
Keep them out to begin with, which is permitted explicitly by the constitution.
Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>129994447
The rules are already severely flawed. Would you allow someone to take away your 1st amendment right on the basis of suspicion? No you wouldn't.

>https://theintercept.com/2014/07/23/blacklisted/
>“If reasonable suspicion is the only standard you need to label somebody, then it’s a slippery slope we’re sliding down here, because then you can label anybody anything,” says David Gomez, a former senior FBI special agent with experience running high-profile terrorism investigations. “Because you appear on a telephone list of somebody doesn’t make you a terrorist. That’s the kind of information that gets put in there.”

>The fallout is personal too. There are severe consequences for people unfairly labeled a terrorist by the U.S. government, which shares its watchlist data with local law enforcement, foreign governments, and “private entities.” Once the U.S. government secretly labels you a terrorist or terrorist suspect, other institutions tend to treat you as one. It can become difficult to get a job (or simply to stay out of jail). It can become burdensome—or impossible—to travel. And routine encounters with law enforcement can turn into ordeals.
>>
>>129995139
>Surely there must be a way to keep Muslims who retweet ISIS training videos or communicate with Syrian terrorists from buying guns though right?

Here's a crazy idea. Arrest the terrorists, throw them in jail, put them on trial and execute them. Corpses can't buy guns.
>>
>>129995288
kek, dump them overboard at sea then
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.