[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Pill me on free college education, /pol/ I just had an

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: asdas.jpg (278KB, 1200x781px) Image search: [Google]
asdas.jpg
278KB, 1200x781px
Red Pill me on free college education, /pol/

I just had an hour conversation with my mom who was strongly advocating that everyone should go to universities for free.

What are some good arguments for or against this?
>>
File: 57117b4f4b559.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
57117b4f4b559.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>129948125
Public education is garbage, and if everyone had it it would be devalued anyways.

Also niggers have an education ceiling.
>>
I brought up how nothing is free and the money has to come from somewhere. I mentioned the petro dollar and artificial inflation in order to provide for this.

The crux of the argument was basically that if the government were to 100% subsidize education they would have even more of a control on the citizen (I hinted at cultural marxism, but i dare not bring up (((them)))). She said they already control us, so why not have it be free.

What are some good normie arguments.
>>
That's how you make a college degree as worthless as a high school diploma.
>>
Subsidizing college education for people who are in majors that there is a real employment need for is fine. Letting people spend 4+ years partying and pretending to be activists at taxpayer expense is not.
>>
>>129948125
/pol/ these days: I don't have an opinion on something but some vague authority figure has an opinion on it. Redpill me so I can be different, no matter what the actual arguments.
>>
>>129948732
This. If everybody had free reign over whatever education they please whenever they want, the "bar" would probably slowly drop as universities like to maintain a high pass rate. I mean scholarships already exist, if you work hard enough and actually want to un-fuck your poor ass life get straight A's and someone will probably hire you and pay for your education, as i am currently trying to do.
>>
>>129948545
that's now how america was intended to work.

if i could, i would give 100% of my taxes to bullets and bombs. not lazy 18 year olds
>>
>>129948125

Free university is great and all, but this also needs to include trade schools. Not everyone wants to go to a university. Not everyone needs to.
>>
>>129948125
Not every one is capable of higher education. The world needs ditch diggers too.
>>
Free college education? Then who's paying the professor salaries, building maintenance, land development, equipment, etc? That's right, the government would.

Once the government comes in, you don't have a market anymore - government basically has a blank check. No market means no desire to improve the product. College education eventually becomes a clone of high school education.
>>
>>129949887
What America has done is dumb down college education so even ditch diggers can go.

e.g. they now teach algebra at state universities.
>>
>>129948125
Is your mother a MILF?
>>
>>129948125
That's my Alma Mater.
>>
1. If you give everyone a college degree, college level becomes the new base line, which it already has in many ways.
2. Not everyone is capable of college level education, so what's the effect of this? College programs decline and the value of your degree also deteriorate.
3. Not all jobs require a college education. Why do we never here any mention of vocational training and apprenticeship. This would more likely offer more valuable experience than most college degrees offer.
4. The government has a history of over paying for things. Higher education is the second fastest rising cost next to health care. What effects do you think "free" education will have on our tax burden.
5. Many of the degrees offered by colleges are worthless. That's why we now have Liberal Arts majors working in Starbucks Does making a latte really require a four year degree?
6. There are many different price points for universities. Is the government going to impose any limit on the free money given? If not and I'm a low tier university, why shouldn't I raise my prices to Harvard levels if the government will pay for it?

I believe that loans offered at the rate of inflation would be a better solution.This way the borrower will be more responsible for the money borrowed, and the government won't be profiting off lending.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.