[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does your country have many cults? The number of cults in Israel

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 7842113065349640360no.jpg (82KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
7842113065349640360no.jpg
82KB, 640x360px
Does your country have many cults?
The number of cults in Israel is nothing but short of amazinzg. Some estimate the number to be in the neighborhood of 40000, and that's not including thousands of Rabies, Hassidic courts, and other forms of accepted cults.
>>
How could there be 40,000 different cults in a country of 9 million?

Assuming a majority of people follow a mainstream religion, you're looking at maybe 1/4th of that 9 million being responsible for a supposed '40,000' cults.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if that number of cults have existed in the region since recorded history began....but all at the same time, in 2017? Unlikely.

There aren't even 40,000 cults in the USA. There are a handful of 'big' public ones, and scattered smaller groups.

What is your source on that number anyways?
>>
>>129706331
Lots, they normally stalk College campuses to find hot/dumb bitches for their leader.
>>
>>129706750
>How could there be 40,000 different cults in a country of 9 million?
Because most are cults with 30 members tops. They usually have no more than 10-15.
>>
I'd say a few dozen. The only one I can think of off the top off my head though is called "The Family"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_(Australian_New_Age_group)
>>
>>129706943

Where is your source and what is the methodology for gathering information about the number of cults?

It's not like there is an even distribution of people who would join a cult like that.

If you reply without a source again I will assume you are LARPing, and move on.
>>
>>129707021
We have some beauts here in Canada. I think there are some flying saucer worshippers in Quebec who are nice and crazy.
>>
File: Heavensgatelogo.jpg (9KB, 246x202px) Image search: [Google]
Heavensgatelogo.jpg
9KB, 246x202px
>>129707552
Like Heaven's Gate crazy?
>>
>>129706331

You have my interest, sir nigger.

Tell me more
>>
I kinda wish /pol/ had a real life presence. I'd maybe consider joining a cult of Keket.
>>
>>129706331
dude what the fuck? tell me that is a shoop and some mad scientist didn't actually put a dog's head on a chicken's body
>>
>>129707855

Cults require serious dedication unless you are just looking for a social club.

I imagine if you wanted to get anything done you would need structured hierarchy, pooling of funds, and mandatory participation like Judaism.

Once upon a time, these were all required upon threats of death. The rabbis in Judaism are trying to bring this back. In the same way the Cardinals want more power to the papacy, High-ranking rabbis are actively plotting to turn Israel into a n international theocratic cult.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.