[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I stop drinking and improve my life? I think prohibition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

File: tumblr_ntcxqe2Fno1s94w3lo1_500.png (48KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntcxqe2Fno1s94w3lo1_500.png
48KB, 500x362px
Why can't I stop drinking and improve my life? I think prohibition would save many people. I wouldn't go to speakeasies, I'm a lonely home alone drinker. Why don't we outlaw this destuctive plague on society?
>>
>>129657383
Sort yourself out.
>>
Because you're a weak willed fool with no discipline
>>
Take two days off to start & see if
You are really addicted or not
>>
>>129657383
Just stop. It's as simple as that. You even know the benefits of quitting so why don't you just?
>>
File: _gaddafi.jpg (19KB, 474x228px)
_gaddafi.jpg
19KB, 474x228px
>>129657383
no society has ever not had easy access to booze, good for social cohesion sometimes, it's on you to take inventory of your shit and sort it the fuck out, me too me too
>>
Not everyone who drinks is a weak-willed cocksucker

Plus look how the last prohibition turned out you fucking moron
>>
>>129657383
>having this little willpower
just smoke weed at least if you do that every day it wont fuck up your life like booze
>>
>>129657568
It's just a habit. Every day after work, first thing I do is crack open a beer. I proceed to drink myself into a stupor (10-15 beers), and wake up the next day feeling lime shit. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>129657383
because the rest of the normal people with self control shouldn't be punished because your a weak minded fuck who cannot control himself
>>
>>129657986
As someone who's been there let me give you some advice. I used to do the same thing everyday but I got tired of feeling like shit in the morning.
Now I just drink on Thursday, Fri, Sat. Listen to >>129657561 unless you're decades deep into it the hardest thing is just breaking the habit of getting drunk because you're bored. I know you won't believe me because I didn't believe it, but just stop, it's much easier than you think.

However the libertarian side of me says you and your statist views on how to solve your problems can fuck right off.
>>
>>129657383

101 days sober.

Swore an oath to God that I would only have 3 drinking nights per year for the next 10 years. I miss it occasionally but the uncontrollable cravings subside with time. First two weeks were hell, was doing 8-10 drinks for 13 years. Now I suddenly have anxiety to deal with lol. Working toward vanquishing my bitch body for something more pic related. Download the app Sober Time. Make goals for each day with cool comments for yourself.

You can do it. Focus. Committment. Sheer will.
>>
>>129657383
You just wait until after work, or do you really start earlier?
>>
>>129659169
genuine thanks for advice
>>
>>129657383
Pussy faggot
>>
File: TemperanceFags.jpg (41KB, 450x655px)
TemperanceFags.jpg
41KB, 450x655px
>>129657383
>we need to make things illegal because I'm a worthless piece of shit with no self control

Here's a tip nimrod--if you don't go out of your way to buy booze, you won't have any around to drink.
Fucking cunt.
>>
>>129659470

this doesn't seem sustainable. your path is very stoic but requires constant motivation. for me, i cant help but have some drinks after a shitty day at work, and you just can't plan for which days are gonna suddenly be shitty.
>>
>>129659470
I swear to God they scientifically engineer American piss beer to make you an alcoholic. I love craft beer, but I drink miller fucking lite every night. Why?
>>
I'm going to try and give you a serious answer since I'm dealing with the same thing but doing a lot better. I'm used to having 8-12 drinks/beers a night, sometimes more. It was really bad and my body really paid the price. I've been an alcoholic since 19 years old which is not good because my brain adapted during its most formative years to require alcohol to be social/fun/funny/happy. It's an addiction. Anyway, you're never going to be able to quit cold turkey. Just forget that meme entirely. You have to be realistic and gradually lower your daily drinks. Try have 2 drinks a night instead of 4 or maybe say you're doing to only drink light beer instead of hard liquor or vice versa. For me, my main drive was weight loss so I gave up beer entirely while still drinking gin and water every night and I already feel better, even though I'm still drinking. You have to reprogram your brain and it's not easy.
>>
>>129659848

3 nights per YEAR. They're only allowed to be used for celebrations like new years or something. I've been filling my now suddenly very open evenings with exercise, more time with my kids and books. Don't feel like wavering anymore.
>>
>>129657383
Use the money you spend on booze for a cheap gym membership.
Learn to upkeep yourself as much you can.
I've been starting to brush my teeth more often and try to have more veg choices than just burgers and burgers.
And my gut is feeling less like it's rotting.
>>
>>129660253
I gave up beer for whiskey because carbs, and spiraled into the worst period of degeneracy in my life. I really want to go cold turkey.
>>
Alcoholics anonymous. It works if you work it.
>>
>>129660274

good on you for having kids

i am 24, have no gf, so when I get home from work I have fuck all to do besides have some drinks and maybe play some xbox with my friends til bed time.

weirdest thing is, I have no desire to get a gf at this point. It seems like they have nothing to add to my life and only want to make it worse just so i can bust a nut inside them every so often. is it really worth it?
>>
>>129657383
I lead a good life and drink. I already smuggle illegal cheese across state lines so I don't need to also be a rum runner along with an illegal cheese smuggler.

No to prohibition.
>>
>>129661101

It's worth it, just don't settle for some trash used up girl. Watch for red flags like too many tattoos, guy friends or thinks blacks can be attractive.
>>
>>129661101
Right there with you anon. That is my exact living situation and outlook.

Been thinking about joining the Navy recently.
>>
Just stop. If you want to quit you can, if you find excuses not to you're weak minded. I quit cold turkey. It was easy because I wanted to. I was a heavy drinker and spent 7 years sloppy drunk making a fool of myself. Soon as you see it, if you're mentally strong you'll stop the shit.
>>
Go to AA and find a sponsor
sort yourself out
>>
>>129657986
Have you tried lifting or going for a run after you come home?
After working out the last thing I want to do is to drink alcohol. You'd probably be too exhausted to get drunk and just go straight to bed.
>>
File: awoo.gif (525KB, 477x411px)
awoo.gif
525KB, 477x411px
Remove all the factors in your life that cause you to drink like crazy bitches
>>
>>129657383
Take kratom it helped me. Drinking is stupid and will fuck your body up quick. Now I never drink it's great. Someone on 4chan told me to try kratom and I did and it really changed my life. Try it.
>>
>>129657383
>I can't stop
Yes you can weak faggot. Simply stop drinking.
>>
>>129659615
Great doggo
>>
>>129660253
>my brain adapted during its most formative years to require alcohol to be social/fun/funny/happy
This, but with weed
>>
>>129657986
Since your already seem to be drinking every night of the week try to cut down to just two, Saturday and Wednesday, it'll give your body some time to cope. Also don't have drink lying around the house buy 8-10 beers for the night and that's it, if you cut your beer with lemonade it'll also helps trick your mind that you are drinking more than you are.
>>
File: fuck off.gif (448KB, 350x292px)
fuck off.gif
448KB, 350x292px
>>129657383
aw, weak willed little pussy bitch can't kick his oral fixation. like a 2 year old obsessed with shoving phallic objects in their mouth, only they're a fucking baby and you're a corpulent, bloated slob.

fuck off and kill yourself, retard. this has nothing to do with politics, so go fuck yourself.
>>
all you need to do is stay busy and you wont have time to trick yourself into feeling you need to treat yourself to some liquor. idle hands, etc
>>
>>129657383

Fuck, I'm here too. Own my own business, work way to hard, and hide my drinking from my senpai. I feel like I'm taking food out of my kids mouth. I've tried to quit so many times, but I usually have a mini mickey of shit whiskey and 3 beer a night. Every night.
>>
>>129663292
>This, but with weed

do you smoke home alone too?
>>
File: 1370264421504.jpg (60KB, 264x320px)
1370264421504.jpg
60KB, 264x320px
>>129664692
>>
>>129657614
>t. the entire middle east where alcohol is hard to come by and social cohesion is much better than the West.
>>
>>129665221
i dont know what a mini mickey is but if that's less than a pint, you're fine. you're a drinker, but you're fine. alcoholics never have alcohol leave their system. you're just a drinker after you work hard. this is not as much of a problem as you think it is
>>
>>129657383
OP don't go cold turkey, do this
http://hams.cc/taper/
>>
If you are serious you will go to AA and get started on the 12 step program. The vast majority of addicts can't get sober alone and the ones that do are still in the same addict mindset and see it as a permanent hiatus rather than saying good bye to a lifestyle. It takes a complete overhaul of the way you think and the way you have been living your life up to this point.

You're not a pussy for getting help. Alcoholism is a disease.
>>
>>129659972
I love craft beer also, but some of the beers are like 7-9% alcohol. Way too high for me. I rarely go above 5.5%
>>
>>129666374
there are just as many who get nothing from AA because it's cultish at best and genuinely creepy. i'd recommend it to an alcoholic who is drinks away from death, but not someone who feels like maybe they've got a problem. and that describes half the people who can't stop talking about AA but would slit their own mothers throat for a drink. if you're not so far gone that you think withdrawal might be fatal, you're fine and it's a willpower issue 100%
>>
>>129666374
>Alcoholism is a disease.
It's not a disease. This is the most retarded thing I hear about substance abuse. Everybody made the choice to drink too often when they knew they shouldn't. AA is a cult and needs to fuck off. Tapering is the best way to cut down. you don't even need to stop fully as all that will do is give you anxiety for the rest of your life and make you a boring preachy robot.
>>
I basically went cold turkey. Drank half of what I used to drink for one day. Then after that I white-knuckled it, took an ativan a few times when I felt anxious.
>>
>>129657383
Man I'm 22 and never drank till last year now I drink pretty much every opportunity. Like this summer I've been drunk every day for the last 10 since I'm working in a strange town and don't have any school commitments atm . I can see myself sliding into drinking all the time.
>>
File: 1495240701215s.jpg (2KB, 125x114px)
1495240701215s.jpg
2KB, 125x114px
>>129657383
>why aren't there laws to stop me from being a lazy piece of shit
stop being a bitch and motivate yourself
>>
I once was like you OP. Trust me.

You gotta man the fuck up. MAN UP.
>>
>>129657383
We should outlaw something because of your weakness? Fuck off you pathetic sack of shit. My mom was an alcoholic who quit drinking five years before I was born and hasn't had a drop since. I drink once every years if that because I'm not a weak piece of shit.
>>
>>129666789
AA helps many people actually. It's as much a cult as any other "group".
>>
>>129667124
This is really the only way
>>
>>129667293
It preys on the broken and people who lack guidance in order to stay funded. Sure it can make you stop drinking but then it guilt trips you into thinking you're Satan himself if you ever have a beer again because you let down the holy church of AA.
>>
>>129667353
Alcohol addiction is about self loathing. It's about feeling like shit and being too much of a faggot to fight it out so you continue the same pathetic cycle.

I was a fat alcoholic slob but decided I had enough. Quit drinking, quit soda and excesive carbs + lead a protein based diet and started training kickboxing and lifting. I'm about to have my thirD amateur fight and lost 15 kilos.

I drink wine every Saturday and smoke tons of weed. Im not weak scum anymore and still have fun.
>>
>>129657383
ive been down that road alot some anons said use something else do not do that just quit when you feel like you wanna get numb put some music in and go for a walk, i know its hard but i have seen countless people fall from drinking just quit for real and don't look back you will have more money more time to do stuff with the people you love ive been there and had to leave someone i fell hard for i tried to help but the thing is only you can stop, ive seen both sides of the coin and its shit anon just put it dont and dont look back.
>>
>>129666757
AA doesn't have to be about god. It's more about realizing that there are other people with the same problem as you.

As far as the tapering thing goes,,,you get back to sobriety and then what? If you drink again you get back to the point that OP is in. A person that gets to the point where they are asking anonymous forums for help on their drinking will never be able to drink socially like a normal person. 12 steps work and it's a way to get and maintain sobriety without staying resentful and wishing you could be drink and feeling like a victim all the time. There is a difference between a dry drunk and a recovered alcoholic.

>>129666789
Addiction is a disease. Some people are more susceptible to substance dependency. It is a mental obsession combined with a physical allergy. Alcoholism in particular has a genetic component to it.
>>
>>129657383
just steal a can of beer from your favourite alcohol store, that'll get you banned pretty quick
>>
>>129668034
Some people don't have the time or money to spend on rehab. And it seems like AA makes you think of alcohol every second of your life. Cold turkey, fuck it, I'm done.
>>
File: AlcoholSolution.jpg (1MB, 2500x1660px)
AlcoholSolution.jpg
1MB, 2500x1660px
>>129657383
>Why can't I stop drinking and improve my life?
How could stopping drinking possibly make your shit of a life any better? For fucks sake man you should think about drinking just a little bit more if you ask me.
>>
>>129657383
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Consider rehab. Also, see a psychiatrist. You may have a biological condition that can be treated with medication. You may have to try a few different medications until you find the right one. Don't ever give up. Try and be strong
>>
>I want to blame society for my problems

kill yourself
>>
>>129657383

Develop willpower
>>
>>129657383
Because you're a massive faggot. Just stop fucking doing it. It's literally that simple.
>>
>>129657383
Let's make alcohol illegal and legalize all natural drugs. That would fix a lot of problems.
>>
>>129668718
>Let's make alcohol illegal
You slept through most of your publicly funded American history classes didn't you?
>>
>>129657383
>Why can't I stop drinking and improve my life?
So alcohol has to be outlawed because YOU have no self control?
>>
>>129668832
Maybe you should've read the rest of my post.
>>
>>129669052
Nothing wrong with the second part of your post. It should all be illegal as well as most prescription drugs. Why should a doctor get in between me and treatment if I know what is wrong and what is needed? They're just guessing most of the time anyways.
>>
>>129668458

Kentucky idf pls go
>>
The difference between AA and quitting cold turkey is that AA makes you look at why you drink. Yes, it can be cultish and is probably more for those who have hit rock bottom. If you can quit cold turkey, try that first. If that doesn't work, give AA a try.
>>
>>129657383
just remember that alcohol peddling is a jewish trick.
the "drunk russian" meme is exactly that.
before the 20th century, russia was the soberest nation in europe.
alcoholism is widespread there today because their genes did not adapt.
dont be jew tricked.
that is a huge motivating factor for me to give up all manner of vice in my life.
>>
Kava kava will help with the withdrawal and anxiety. You can usually find it in the vitamin section as an extract in capsules. You have to take at least double the recommended dose. You could easily take 10x the dose and be fine, it's pretty forgiving. I'm dealing with this too. I was able to say no to cracking open a cold one with the boys tonight. Wish me luck going forward
>>
>>129657383
wrong. drugs and alcohol should be legal so natural selection can sort out degenerates like you
>>
>>129665433
Used to, yes, all the time.
>>
>>129657383
It can be done. Don't listen to that AA bullshit - you can become a moderate drinker you just need a really long break - like years. Exercise, lift weights, fuck I even smoked weed to help break the physical addiction. AA or another 12 step will def. help in the beginning.
>>
>>129659845
New magazine issue when?
>>
In the same boat OP. Going to trial next month for breaking into a church drunk. Getting charged with burglary.

Don't let it get this bad. Good luck
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.