[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Privilege is the wrong word; it always has been and always will

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Privilege is the wrong word; it always has been and always will be.

After all, the left don't want to de-privilege white people, or men, or straight people. They really want black people, women, trans and gay people to be lifted up to a standard.

That's what they want; a re-standardization of socio-cultural rights and freedoms (ie. The freedom to walk down the street unharrassed over sex/gender/race)...

...so we as their critics have to work against the de-privileging when they attempt it - and do so with this (the above) moral high ground.

No someone should not be de-privileging simply because they're powerful, or public, or outspoken. No it's not okay to depict someone cutting off Trump's head - anymore than it's okay for someone to have a mock lynching of a black person.

There are reasonable arguments to be made. Reasonable critiques of THE LEFT from LIBERALISM....

...but I don't know if you guys are the ones to do it.
>>
Former leftie anarchist activist here.

Problem with that category is that the form of "equalizing" the society currently is done in a patronizing way towards non-whites, by thinking that they (sure there are individual non-whites who can master it) as a collective can rise on the level of whites within a mere century of affirmative action and such.

What happens in reality is that we lower the standard of society to meet non-whites and as a result, the scientific progress and high culture begins to degrade and this means that lots of whites become degenerates. Some white people doing classical music for example start to feel there is no point in performing it, because there is more demand on making culture that "appeals to base emotions" to which non-whites can relate to.

In short, we must stop expecting the non-whites to appropriate white achievements. Let them develop their own paths, even if within our society, but in their own segregated ways. Expecting whites to lower their standards for a more equal society is cucking out on what could be possible, such as putting a man on Mars, doing experiments to find out if Antimatter is real, or even something as simple as good classical art and music. We cannot have such things if twerking and rap music is supposed to be the new standard for a western culture.
>>
>>129619787
+1 upboat, 3gorillion stars and up you go
>>
>>129618662

Fuck leftists and Antifa = Liberals

They made this mess and the only ones who can hope to clean it are the Men of the West.
>>
File: 1493912929060.jpg (100KB, 725x999px) Image search: [Google]
1493912929060.jpg
100KB, 725x999px
>>129618662
>>
File: redditspacing.jpg (22KB, 465x416px) Image search: [Google]
redditspacing.jpg
22KB, 465x416px
>>129618662
>>
>>129618662
I've seem her cunt. It looked smelly. I didn't wank over it. Honestly, have a fucking bath before you do nudes.
>>
>>129619977
You are right, OP turns out to be yet another "1 post by this ID" shill. My bad for taking the bait.
>>
>>129619787
it's called "bigotry of low expectations"
less words, direct to the point, more effective
>>
>>129623557
What I was looking to say, thanks for pointing it out, I was ranting away too much.
>>
Privilege is the right word. You seem to think success and power exist within a vacuum. They are labels that position you relative to someone else. So yes, while, we (and I'm not a bleeding heart so I use "we" loosely here) do want to bring up the oppressed, that necessarily entails making the powerful and successful less successful and less powerful relative to the oppressed.

That doesn't mean we hate you. That doesn't mean we think you are oppressors for merely existing (it's the system is oppressive), but it does mean we don't think it's right you are able to live the lives you do at the expense of others.

>No it's not okay to depict someone cutting off Trump's head - anymore than it's okay for someone to have a mock lynching of a black person.
I don't defend what Kathy Griffin did. It was wrong. But there is a higher threshold for what is acceptable criticism of the president in comparison to a private citizen. The same goes for past presidents.But there is also higher threshold for Trump in particular because of the hateful, charged rhetoric he uses. It was not right for Griffin to do that, but it would have been worse had she done it to Obama, GWB, or pretty much any other sitting president ever.
>>
>>129618662
>Kids graduating
>Live in fairly wealthy area
>4 out 111 kids are black
>upstanding parents, they deserve what they earned
>Can't dislike them because they are living right and succeeding

I just can't be racist against blacks that work hard and succeed. I grew up in ghetto. I have no sympathy and they could nuke the ghetto for all I care. But I sort feel happy for black people who escape. I can relate to them.
>>
>>129618662
>the left don't want to de-privilege white people
thats where you are wrong
have you seen the evergreen college videos?
they hate white people
>>
>>129618662
Your problem is thinking that lefties care about logic or any of that bullshit

The entire purpose of a leftie is to pull everyone down to their low level, they don't care about anything else

They will do all kinds of mental gymnastics just to achieve this goal, logic does not concern them
>>
File: 1414881998615.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1414881998615.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
Priviledge only means your ancestors worked for their children and weren't pieces of shit.

Now everyone must be just one individual with no culture, no roots, no family.

Fucking marxists pieces of shit
>>
>After all, the left don't want to de-privilege white people, or men, or straight people. They really want black people, women, trans and gay people to be lifted up to a standard.

And yet they constantly whine about "white privilege" or "male privilege". I'm going to take their word on what they want to do over someone trying to apologize for them. Sage.
>>
>>129618662

The problem is the co fluctuations between equality of opportunity and equality of outcome.

Theoretically, having the former should lead to the latter. But that's with the extremely loaded assumption that energy single human bean hailing from any type of climate and region are equal in their potential in all categories.

Until this conundrum is solved, expect incessant shrilling from the far left.
>>
>>129625319
>Priviledge only means your ancestors worked for their children and weren't pieces of shit.

If you look guys really at things like this you deserve getting bashed by SJWs.

What it really means to have privilege is that your ancestors lucked out by being near valuable resources and WERE pieces of shit to a whole lot of people. Not that I am necessarily bent on judging humans hundreds or thousands of years ago, but it is only very recently in history that humans, especially poor humans, could even hope to develop wealth through their own hard work and talent. For most people, for the vast majority of history, they simply inherited the wealth of their father and husband.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.