[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Christ have to return before people land on Mars for Revelations

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 13

I've taken an interest in Christianity as of late, but it struck me as odd that it puts a time limit on itself to prove whether or not it is true (at least, that seems to be the case in Revelations). All the people, living or dead, are brought forth on Earth for judgement in the end times. Does that mean such an event must occur before humankind goes interplanetary?

If so, I'd imagine we only have 500 or so years before we have stable extraplanetary habitat.
It my understanding that Christ returns while humankind has not left Earth correct? And if so, what would happen to the Church if we became an interplanetary civilization?
>>
>>129605011
I don't think you are supposed to take Bible stories literally. I am agnostic, and when I read it, I tried to interpret them as metaphorical.
>>
>>129605011
The second coming doesn't have to be a local hebbening, moreover - if I remember correctly - it's strictly stated that one shouldn't worry about any particular date, ergo it may be tomorrow or in 30 billion years. Like - one has to be ready at any given time.
>>
>>129605011
The more we spread out, the longer we delay the return of Christ.
He's a busy guy, he doesn't have time to go around to each of us and judge us individually like some kind of santa clause, so he's waiting until we all come together in one place on our own before he pops down to judge us all in one fell swoop.

If we spread out into space, it may be hundreds of thousands of years before we all reunite on earth again to witness the return.
>>
>>129605011
Originally Revelation was thought to be the fall of the Western Roman Empire.
>>
>>129605196
IIRC the return of Christ is the part that's supposed to be literal.

>>129606259
I always assumed it was just planet-local as described in the Bible.

>>129607155
I remember hearing this as well; I don't know what brought about the change in interpretation, if there is one. And if there isn't, Christ did not return at the fall of the empire.
>>
>>129605196
Why would your opinion as an agonostic be valuable
>>
File: Courage-Wolf.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Courage-Wolf.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>>129605011
>Humans flee Earth to escape the Final Judgement
>Humans work with aliens to develop weapons and develop new skills
>Armageddon isnt between good and evil
>its a battle between God and Humans
>mfw
>>
>>129608860
Sounds just like my JRPGs
>>
>>129608860
Sounds like the premise to a novel series.
But you must wonder why humans would want to fight God during final judgement unless they knew they dun goofed and weren't going to make the cut.
>>
>>129607011

As a christian I cannot believe you would think we could first colonize other planets and then magically come back to earth. I can't play that kind of mental gymnastics
>>
The most important verse people miss about Christ's return is Matthew 24:37. The end will be just like the days of Noah.

History begins and ends with the fallen angels.

>Men will live several hundred years and the rich may be "immortal"
>There will be a mix of human and angelic beings living on Earth
>Technology will surpass what humans normally have
>Genetic manipulation and half humans will probably be common
>The rich will be living under the mountains
>There must be a one world government which was at least partially destroyed
>Religion and specifically Christianity must have seen a great apostasy

Some interpretations have prophecy being fulfilled like Russia invading the US and being destroyed by angels. Weird stuff but it's in there.
>>
File: mnight.jpg (48KB, 560x375px) Image search: [Google]
mnight.jpg
48KB, 560x375px
>>129609174
Plot twist nigga. God is the bad guy.
>>
>>129605196
Any person with at least few pages of theological understanding doesn't and shouldn't take the Bible literally
>>
>>129605011
Hal Lindsey is an expert on end-times prophesy for many decades. His show this week deals with armageddon. Put on your seatbelts.
http://www.hallindsey.com/videos/hal-lindsey-report-692017/536/
>>
>>129605011
Jeremiah 8:8
How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.
1 John 5:19
We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

According to the bible, a fallen angel wanted to be God, and his people populate the earth and are the majority.
This fallen angel was to deceive all so they worshipped him.
According to the bible, God is evil as fuck, just like a demon, very unjust, very boastful, very arrogant.

It is very easy to tell what has happened here.

Christians, muslims and jews, all of them worship the devil.
>>
>>129609691
>End times
>Turns out the Christian Gnostics were right and we were praising the Demiurge all along.

>>129609701
Why take any aspect of it seriously, then, including the resurrection/God?
>>
>>129610190
See
>>129610178
>>
>>129610178
You need to read more, and not some schizophrenic's webpage
>>
>>129610282
Hello son of the devil, how is your butthurt from being caught hot handed go?
>>
>>129610356
Oh shit you got me
>>
>>129609701
except bible theologians all take the bible literally you stupid kyke
the only exception is Genesis and Job
>>
File: 1491255558070.png (298KB, 515x438px) Image search: [Google]
1491255558070.png
298KB, 515x438px
>>129605011
Do yourself a favor and research human history and religious history. The earth is cyclical, the solar system is cyclical, the galaxy is cyclical, the universe is cyclical.

Do you really think in that in that intelligent mind of yours that God is going to come down to earth (this spec of dust) in the cosmos and decide, due to a bunch of idiots, hit the power button on the vast universe?

Human civilization is much older than you think and has gone through way more massive tragedies than you think. How many of those civilizations do you think blamed such calamities on God and declared it the end only for it to begin again? Empires rise and fall... Human civilization (across the globe) does as well. The larger the connectivity and idiocy, the larger the calamity. Life doesn't just end. It begins again.. and again and again as it has for all of history.
>>
>>129611017
This guy makes unironic posts about thr pineal gland and DMT
>>
>>129605011
there are many prophecies in the bible that put a much shorter time limit than that
assumimg the fig tree refers to Israel then we only have about 30 years left before the generation that saw the rebirth of Israel dies off
and according to the Bible the rapture will happen before then
>>
>>129607155
Only problem with that is many of the prophecies had yet to be fulfilled.

The creation of Israel was a huge fulfillment.
>>
>>129611200
>rapture
>a word that is in the bible

pick one m8
>>
>>129609174
Jews are pushing war because they know THEY PISSED GOD OFF SO FUCKING MUCH..
>>
>>129611017
humans have never gone to another planet before or gone extinct before
>>
>>129611200
>Assuming the fig tree refers to Israel

The one that got cursed? I've never heard it was meant to represent Israel.
>>129610992
I doubt they take ALL of Revelatons literally: I think Rabbis don't take any of the Old Testament literally, actually.
>>
>>129611380
it doesn't matter if the word exists the concept is clearly described in the bible you fucking faggot
I knew you rapture deniers couldn't control yourselves though
>>
>>129611445
fig tree is pretty commonly agreed upon to be referring to Israel.
>>
File: 1313.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1313.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>129605011
If Jesus comes back and you're not on earth, you're simply screwed and don't get raptured. That's why I'll never leave for space. Earth is comfy enough.
>>
>>129606259
Quite convenient for prophecies to "be at any time in the future, but probably soon"

Abrahamic religion is a joke that people take too seriously, especially Christianity
>>
>>129607011
>omnipotence

>Jesus is too busy

Pick one
>>
>>129611406
Please don't be an idiot and claim there haven't been broad based extinction events on earth....

Ordovician–Silurian Extinction
Late Devonian Extinction
Permian–Triassic extinction
Triassic–Jurassic extinction
Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction

I'm not talking about another planet. I'm talking about the moron concept of (the end of times) as asserted by the bible.
>>
>>129611445
No he means the prophecy in Jeremiah not the event with Jesus.
>>
>>129611090
> Guy makes intelligent post about documented human history and how some work of fiction isn't aligned with the (((truth))).
>>
>>129605011
>It my understanding that Christ returns while humankind has not left Earth correct?
He will return within our lifetime. The signs of the end of times are everywhere.
http://whygodreallyexists.com
>>
>>129605011
there are some who believe the events in revelation have already occurred.
>>
>>129611881
what the hell does that have to do with the first intelligent species on earth?

self awareness and civilization are a very new thing
animals dying in the past has nothing to do with us
and if we manage to colonize another planet then we'll avoid the next extinction event
that or eliminate any threats like asteroids
>>
>>129612010
>it's all just like, a cycle man
How do previous partial collapses preclude a complete one. They don't.
>>
>>129605196
>t. heathen
>>
>>129610992
>us flag
>calls me kike
>>
>>129612156
My question then is what happened to the Christ returning thing? I've seen in the thread that some think Revelations was about Rome, but Christ didn't return then.
>>
>>129612367
anyone trying to say the bible in its entirety is "not meant to be taken literally"
and is therefore just a nice story with good lessons is a kike yes
>>
>>129608860
That's exactly what it is though. If you drop the interpretation that the AC builds the temple, you can actually interpret it as he rips the temple out of the heavens from the Prince of the Host.

10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of the sanctuary was cast down.

12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

He then proclaims himself a god and fights against God. The mystery of sin is that when humans knew good and evil they learned suffering, and suffering led to invention, invention led to war, and that spurred on further invention until it culminates in the full advancement of man. When the dragon said men would be as gods, he just left out the part about it taking thousands of years to come to fruition.
>>
>>129606259
>>129605011
The return is literal, but the time is unknown.
Also many parts of revelations are literal, but described with symbols. The events will happen.

People being on mars doesnt really mean anything. God can do whatever really. "earth" also may mean "the realm of humans".
>>129607155
thats what modern atheist scholars and """progressive""" Christians say. I wouldnt trust that at all. They have an agenda of turning Christianity into a "every one is saved, sin is good" religion.
>>
>>129612655
To further bolster this interpretation, consider these verses in Revelation.

11 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

John measures the temple, in heaven, not on earth. The worshipers are inside the inner sanctum and are where the martyrs of the past worship along with the angels. By measuring it, the inncer sanctum is protected. It is highly suggestive of how measurement affects quantum mechanics too, which removed the possibility of him taking the entire thing. Why else mention the measurement as a protective act? When it says sacrifices cease, it was also said there are spiritual sacrifices in heaven.

All this requires a person to reorient their view of heaven as being another plane of existence though and to see it as space. That isn't to say it's where the dead go either, that is a seemingly separate place where they go to rest.
>>
>>129610178
Read the gospel of Judah.
>God (Baal) created 12 undergods
>Yahve is one of them and he is evil
>Yahve created earth and everything on it
>Jews are worshipping Yahve, the god of storm and war, forgetting Baal.
>Jesus mad at the priests because they worship the wrong god, Yahve instead of Baal
>Tell the truth to Judah because only him can understand
>Jesus choose Judah to backstab him because he trust him and need to be sold out to accomplish the prophecy of Zacharia
The real message of Jesus is don't trust jews, they are worshiping an evil god, you have to praise the real God, Baal.
>>
>>129612925
progressive Christians are larpers
>>
There is a pre-tribulation appearance of Christ in the clouds- to gather His believers into the clouds and then home- but he doesn't actually come to earth.
The actual second coming is after the 7 year tribulation when he returns with His army to finally put that snake and all his followers into a pit of fire.
I can't wait!
>>
>>129610529

I must certainly have done so, since there are thousands of beliefs more insane than just basic christian faith of thinking: hey, maybe this is true and they did this move.
>>
>>129612048
Doggo mighty can bring back old skeletons, but not beam back Scotty from Mars
>>
>>129605011
you know what i think, i think the world is becoming Babylon 2.0, we have to reach the peak of technology, unite all the world and build something big, then Jesus comes back
>>
>>129612645
If you believe Revelation occurred in the past then the bible is essentially wrong. There's no way around that.

I think that interpretation lies on a misconception of the meaning of 666 though. People assume it's a name to be understand via gematria and therefore connect it to Nero, but there is another way to view it. Through the simple use of biblical numerics you can see 666 as meaning the ideal man, or the completion of man. 3 is the number of completion, predicated on the notion that 3 lines are needed to complete a simple shape, and whenever numbers are repeated thrice it tends to indicate the complete or ideal form of that own number's symbolic meaning.

6 being the number of man, you can therefore interpret 666 to mean the completion of man. Since the man of sin the product of Satan's act long in the past, and we know sin is an agency at work in the world, you simply have to ask to what end has sin been focused? In my observation sin is found in the dissonance between our instincts and our moral awareness. This has been the engine behind all human innovation. So the advancement of civilization and trying to become a multiplanetary species with our brains connected to a global AI system is precisely what biblical prophecy culminates in.
>>
>>129610178
>>129613386
Also the golden calf is an attribute of Baal, that's why Moses chimped out.
Sometimes Baal is also named Yahbaalon, Yahve-Baal-Amon Ra.
>>
>>129613774

Yeah, when I see a mixture of religions I recognize the stupified paw of the devil, for some reason they cannot tell a lie without sounding very retarded.
>>
>>129613688
That's the one world government. Remember that the first Tower of Babel was built just after the Flood. The world had been great because of spiritual beings, then man tried to do it on his own. God doesn't seem to want mankind to be too successful down here.
>>
>>129612648
Nobody said its a nice stories with good lessons you idiot, you're not reading a night story for a baby

People have read it dozens of times and they still don't understand it, because it has been written after few people observed the situation in the region for thousands of years.

If it lasted for two millenias then it means it's not irrelevant even though they tried to bury it alongside history
>>
>>129613744
This is also my contention for why Revelation hearkens back to Babylon as a symbol. The mystery of sin is likely also the Mystery of Babylon. The tower of babel was when mankind was trying to reach the heavens, but in a shittier way. More importantly is the stated reason for the confusion of the languages.

And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Men can do whatever they imagine when their efforts are combined. The mystery of babylon may be the collective efforts of mankind to escape its own condition.
>>
>>129613744
I like your post but I'll suggest the final result of sin is a complete disconnection from the transient realm of God. Dwell on that.
>>
>>129614283
What is God's realm? Why is it transient? My suggestion is based entirely on what is stated in the bible and what has happened historically since the dawn of agriculture.
>>
>>129613982
i dont think it's going to be a good future for common people tho
Jews since the 90 are promoting the sexual liberation to make males queers and dociles, for slave labour
>>
>>129614022
you're still basically saying it's a fictitious story that is good for teaching morals and thats it

and saying that theologians agree with you is blatantly false because the vast majority of biblical scholars take it literally
>>
>>129605196
>tfw even agnostics understand bible better than burger """christians"""
>>
>>129614597
kys relativist scum
>>
>>129614490
And I'm focused specifically on the collective effects of sin.

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Sin here is described as something that works. Work has a specific goal in mind, it is teleological in nature. If you really believe in the Dragon then you must admit he is far older and smarter than any human who has yet lived, yet people ascribe to him unidimensional motives like 'sending people to hell with him' and other nonsense. Pushing human evolution in his own desired direction is more along the lines of what I'd expect from such an entity.
>>
>>129605011
Revelations is a jewish masturbatory story about revenge against Rome for destroying the temple
>>
>>129614905
you know the dragon is just the devil right?
>>
>>129614742
proteshits ruined the west
>>
>>129605011
We were never going to leave Earth, that's why. It was never an option, this is our home for better or for worse. "They" won't allow it until Judgement comes, you'll understand then.
>>
>>129613954
The only salute is to acknowledge the existence of Baal as THE real god, so you can be liberated from this evil world of suffering.
Also that's why islam is evil, Muhammad basicaly said : I am tunning christianity by saying God is only one not three, continuing the rhetoric of the jews and NOT by delievering a new message to mankind in order to gain salute.
That's also why catholisism and specially the pope is against the idea of the devil, because by essence Yahve IS the devil, so is Allah.
>>
>>129615032
>just the devil

And? An entity nearly as old as the universe described as ruling 1/3 of the stars in the universe is not 'just' something. Not exactly sure what you think you're reducing him to.
>>
>>129615147
you are pushing the demiurge meme right?
>>
>>129615131
Cuckolicks are the greatest heresy
here's one now telling us the Bible fictional
holy shit go pray to the pope and ask him why Protestants trigger you
>>
>>129605011
>I've taken an interest in Christianity as of late
lol a larping christcuck
>>
>>129615147
>Baal

No
>>
>>129614977
>Jews
>Wanting Jesus to come back
>>
File: 220px-Bael.jpg (19KB, 220x243px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Bael.jpg
19KB, 220x243px
>>129613386
>/pol/chose to side with heqet (kek, kuk) instead of baal of lel

If only we had chose him over a chaos god. The memes were great, but I really can't stand the sargon kekistani plebbitors it brought over. That's chaos, I guess.
>>
>>129614530
Nope, second time you're projecting too much.

The only thing I'd say is that it's written by PEOPLE with a different understanding of the world than the one we have today (obviously). That means it's still true but not on the literal meaning. It's like you're saying you can't understand figures of speech, or better said archaisms.

Many of the words in the Bible today didn't even existed back then, that's why there are so many translations of it and that's why people get lost in the meaning of the words.
>>
>>129615216
And just in case you think the notion is ridiculous, consider how Michael slowly wins the 'war in heaven' drying up the Dragon's territory finally leaving him nowhere to go but earth where he is thrown for the end of the age.

Also this

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

That is the event that happens at the very end of the 7 year tribulation, and in Rev it says that army numbers 200 million and is led by 4 angels who go forth to slay 1/3 of humanity. They don't come from underground, or some other dimension, they come from the heavens above and humanity goes nuts at their appearance. What do you imagine this is describing?
>>
>>129615216
the devil is powerless in the face of God and has no authority over His children
no real Christian has anything to fear from the dragon as he cannot affect us

but when I said "just" it wasn't meant to be diminutive
>>
>>129611565
The idea of the rapture was created by a faggot in the 1800s and if the idea of the rapture were a legitimate idea to be taken seriously it would need to be able to mesh with the other scriptures refering to the second coming of Christ. Which it does not. Eat shit rapture heretic.
>>
>>129605011
It also destroys islam since the establishment of caliphate becomes impossible.

Also, how do you pray to mecca from mars?
>>
>>129614530
>and saying that theologians agree with you is blatantly false because the vast majority of biblical scholars take it literally
St. Augustine disagree.
Also, protestant "theologians" are not real theologians, most of them don't even know greek
>>
We're never going to mars. It's all downhill from here.
>>
>>129615653
Over the soul but the body? Even the pettiest trash can cause you physical harm. And the danger of the paradigmatic shock the end of the age will bring will definitely crush a lot of peoples' faith.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
>>
>>129615581
Jesus was just the rabbi of a radical Jewish apocalypse cult, which were fairly common during that time. The only difference is that his got bigger via exposure to the greeks and the early church eventually allowing gentiles to join though it was opposed by many of the apostles
>>
>>129615422
I've been nonreligious for a while now.
>>
>>129615628
it's either true or it isn't true you retard
there's no "figurative" truth
the events as described in the Bible are all historical except Genesis is simplified and fanciful

all the prophecies are considered real
saying it's not meant to be taken literally says you're just taking it as a philosophy
it isn't a philosophy it's reality
>>
>>129615663
This. The rapture is dangerous because it makes people lazy. The only thing close to it is the moment at the 7th trump when the elect are gathered form the 4 corners of heaven and earth. Of course the heaven part implies some have already died during the tribulations so not much of a 'rapture'.
>>
It just means people who go to Mars don't get into heaven
>>
>>129615774
wow your shit Saints are not authorities in any way
your heretical religion doesn't even attempt to be biblical and just makes shit up
the Bible is the ultimate authority and the word of God
and your failed religion of traditions and idol worship is exactly the type of church God likes to tear down
>>
>>129615410
I'm orthodox you larping bafoon
>>
Life is a continuous circle
>>
>>129615386
Nope, i am not pushing anything, just explaining the gospel of Judah
>>
>>129615876
the devil can't harm those under God's protection physically or spiritually
unless you let him ofc
>>
File: 1427398611070-1.jpg (398KB, 551x600px) Image search: [Google]
1427398611070-1.jpg
398KB, 551x600px
>>129615917
>the events as described in the Bible are all historical
exodus
>>
>>129605011
I think you might be mental. Go and see a doctor in the morning.
>>
>>129610992
The only retards who take the Bible literally are Protestant fucks.
>>
>>129615663
the second coming of Christ is the rapture you stupid sperg.
There is nothing about the rapture (except the word) that doesn't come from the Bible
idk what cultist views about the rapture you think I believe in

or do you not believe Jesus will bring all living Christians to heaven as is clearly detailed in the Bible?
>>
>>129616243
wow you're exactly the same no one cares about you Catholic-lytes
>>
The heavens are celestial bodies and the entire universe. The kikes will escape to the heavens. The goyim will die on earth from cataclysmic natural disaster. This is a never ending cycle.
Still generations of sacrificing goyim to molechs capitalism and the other demons who kikes worship before the remnent of kikes escape. They have a few million years to achieve and perfect interplanetary travel. They are way ahead of schedule.
>>
>>129616389
Exodus is historically accurate
>>
>>129616588
if you don't take the Bible literally than you're worse than larpagans
you're the same as LGBT "muslims"
kys
>>
>>129616389
Yeah, the kikes were never Egyptian slaves. The only proof is a book written by Jews saying they were slaves. Whoever heard of a lying Jew?
>>
>>129616588
>we cant interpret it, only our church elites can
>>
>>129615917
Wow never found someone to claim that he has the objective truth about anything. I guess you don't also believe the fact that the Bible has been redacted.

Limiting the understanding of the Bible to either it's literal meaning of the philosophical one proves how much insight you have on it.

I bet you're one of those idiots your country produced that also believes that the earth is 6000 years old. You have any proof to support that objective truth instead of talking out of your ass?

You forget that the Bible has been written by humans under His inspiration and not any other way. Also the stories have been kept in the history through people remembering them and passing them to others by relating them, not by physical copies that couldn't make.
>>
>>129617096
The kikes were slaves in Egypt in the same way that goyim are slaves in the United States
>>
File: 1442705200251.gif (747KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1442705200251.gif
747KB, 550x550px
>>129605011
First, it's not "Revelations". The Apocalypse contains the fall of Rome and of Jerusalem, the life of the Church united to the Heavenly liturgy and what will happen just before then end (which is more detailed in Mt. 24, 2 Thess. 2, ...) The new heavens and new earth at the end announce the resurrection and eschatological Judgement when all things are subject to Christ. I don't know about the sci-fi theory stuff, but I doubt we'll make it to Mars.
>>
>>129605011
>He genuinely believes Humans will ever make it off the Earth in any meaningful numbers.
LOL
>>
>>129617371
Humans won't. Kikes will
>>
>>129617096
IIRC there was a diaspora of semetic peoples from Egypt but they weren't slaves and were most likely middle-class peoples that sort of existed in an insular subcommunity?
>>
>>129617226
what parts of the bible do you take literally?
Is Jesus even real in your mind?
if yes then why do you believe that part of the Bible but assume the rest is allegory
if no then you're not a Christian
I didn't realize catholics were just doing play pretend
>>
>>129605011
Jesus said it would happen during the lifetime of his followers. Funny how that worked out and is now completely ignored by Christcucks.
But I know some cuck will tell me it's all "metaphorical". Funny how this defense only ever gets brought up after it is already disproven. I guess we'll see a time when literally everything is "metaphorical" and God doesn't literally exist.
>>
>>129617432
How do useless kikes get off when their goyim are all dead? A parasite will starve without host.
>>
>>129617674
no He didn't you imbecile
>>
File: 1443014764571-4.jpg (628KB, 1584x1660px) Image search: [Google]
1443014764571-4.jpg
628KB, 1584x1660px
>>129617674
No He didn't. He said that nobody knows the hour and to be prepared, and that nothing is finished until the Gospel is proclaimed to the whole world.
>>
>>129617794
Space exploration requires massive sacrifice of goyim. The goyim are the guinea pig for the kikes end goal of escape from this planet before it inevitably is destroyed. Read their scriptures. There will only be a handful of kikes escaping over the dead bodies and souls of trillions of goyim.
>>
>>129617795
>>129617885
> nothing is finished until the Gospel is proclaimed to the whole world.

Does that mean the entire world has to be Catholic/Christian before the world ends?
>>
>>129617795
>>129617885
>Christcucks lying
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+16:27-28
>>
>>129617573
Go check for a cognitive dissonance, I won't repeat myself till your dumb ass synapses grow to understand what a high school student would be able to comprehend
>>
>>129618135
It doesn't work that way. You can't save someone against their will. On the contrary, there will be little faith and few that are saved when He returns. It's their choice.
>>
>>129618145
he's talking about himself duh
>>
>it's metaphorical

I always roll my eyes when I hear this shit. How much of the Bible is a metaphor now like 70%?
>>
>>129618345
>some of you will still be alive when I return
>btw I'm immortal and include myself in "some of you"
Do Christcucks not feel physical pain when having to rationalize such obvious falsehoods?
>>
>>129618559
You're cherry-picking to pick apart something you don't understand. Have you ever wondered why? If you don't believe, then why does it bother you so that someone else does? Again, nobody is trying to save you against your will.
>>
>>129615640
I'm glad you get this.
>>
>>129612185
> what the hell does that have to do with the first intelligent species on earth?
First intelligent species? Don't think too highly of yourself.

>self awareness and civilization are a very new thing
They aren't. Human history and advanced civilizations are 1000s of years old. There are tons of advanced civilizations that went extinct or died off for several reasons. Would you like source sauce?

>animals dying in the past has nothing to do with us
Human civilizations.. Advanced ones have died off or declined substantially across 100s or 1000s of years of human history.

>and if we manage to colonize another planet then we'll avoid the next extinction event
No matter where you go, there you are.

>that or eliminate any threats like asteroids
Your age is showing...
>>
>>129618145
>https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+16:27-28

From what I've heard catholics say, this gets taken out of context. Here's a clarification I found.
http://www.ligonier.org/blog/some-standing-here-will-not-taste-death-unfolding-biblical-eschatology/
>>
>>129612227
> How do previous partial collapses preclude a complete one. They don't.
I'm sure there have been (complete) ones before.... Whatever that means is the cyclical cosmos.
>>
>>129617432
Kikes won't overcome the numerous obstacles that prevent living off-world.

It's the Tower of Babel all over again.Our hubris blinds us to the impossibility of our goals, we think we can reach heaven simply because have learned the secret of stacking bricks, or in our modern case because we have learned the secrets of chemical rockets.
>>
>>129618135
It's proclaimed but not necessarily accepted. There also has to be a falling away from the faith first.
>>
>>129619050
Yes, it is the Theophany when He appears with Moses and Elijah, that He fulfills the Law and the Prophets.
>>
>>129618795
>cherry-picking
Jesus's message is all about the coming end times. It's not cherry-picking to say that his central message has turned out to be false.

>>129619050
These are really weak justification attempts. The first is basically "Judgement Day has already been underway for (close to) 2000 years but it's going slowly and we don't notice it yet" and the second claim, that it is some vague spiritual judgement of nations as a whole, is in contradiction to Jesus's claim that he will come with angels and judge every man and establish the Kingdom of God, something which surely would have been recorded by historians would it have happened.
>>
>>129619820
Haha, the Kingdom is now in the Church and all who have faith in the King. The Judgement will surely happen just as He described in Mt. 24.
>>
>>129620176
Oops, Mt 25.
>>
>>129620176
What do you think of the 6 failed doomsday predictions by the Jehovah's Witnesses? Do you give them same leniency in interpretation?
>>
>>129619172
Try convincing the kikes of this, they been at it for thousands of years. They will either fufill their own prophecies or they will die with the goyim. The latter is more likely, but kikes are arrogant as fuck about their multi generational abilities.
>>
>>129620390
Haha, JWs are heretics in de facto schism.
>>
>>129615410
>Catholic
>heresy
Yea no.
>>
>>129620390
the part when he says nobody knows the date

but real talk, i dont think the end is near
like 500+ years minimun
>>
>>129619820
I think it was saying that the Theophany or the Resurrection or the fall of Jerusalem. More likely the Resurrection. I think verse 27 and 28 are relevant, but 28 is not speaking of nobody dying before final judgement. Instead, it is that some of those he was speaking to at the time would not die before Christ's Resurrection (Coming into his Kingdom of Heaven)
>>
>>129613954
Baal = Lord. It has been used to refer to many different God's including Abraham's God
>>
>>129620390
It's said in the bible that anybody who says they've predicted the tie of the Second Coming is lying.
>>
>>129620724
He said some of his listeners would be still alive and in other similiar parts he said the current generation wouldn't pass, that tells us it must have happened before the year 200 unless you think some 2000 year old people are among us.
>>
File: IMG_20170401_031956_processed.jpg (85KB, 672x672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170401_031956_processed.jpg
85KB, 672x672px
>>129605196
>Tesselations 6:19 - And the Lord handed down the Word and said unto them, "Yeah, nah, you don't really have to believe it or take it seriously. It's just a prank, brah."
>>
>>129621142
Maybe Cain was in the audience.

No, I think the response pertaining to verse 28 is reasonably explained in the link I provided because he was talking to a specific group of a few people immediately before the had a vision of God. don't know about the "this generation would not pass" and what that was in reference to, unless it was the Fall of Jerusalem in which case that was also right.
>>
>>129620901
That part of the Bible is true and the second coming of Christ will coincide with this Summer's eclipse over Kentucky.
>>
>>129612227
there is no complete collapse, that wouldnt be a cycle then, that would be an end, a cycle has no true end just transitionary stages between one part of the cycle and the next.

end of the ice age collapse, Bronze age collapse, dark ages collapse. None of them are a total collapse but just the end and beginning of a new cycle.
>>
>>129621307
You can go the route of trying to say that what Jesus predicted already happened, but the early Christians already struggled with this prophetic failure and adressed it in the later parts of the NT: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Peter+3&version=NIV
Here the author says the people of Jesus's time died and nothing happened (ironically the author also claims to be Peter who he now says is already dead) and says it will happen later (now without any deadline), but doesn't adress the issue that Jesus's prediction didn't come about.
>>
>>129621414
The first half ot that sentence invalidates the second.
>>
>>129622138
Jesus said he didnt knew the date, he knows it will happen
>>
>>129622626
maybe he assumed the end was near
>>
>>129622626
>>129623001
He Himself should have known, though.
>>
>>129605011
>I've taken an interest in Christianity
I'll save you the trouble, it's all a load of fucking horseshit. Stop believing in sky fairies who are all seeing and all powerful. Stop believing in this "second coming of Christ" bullshit.
>>
>>129624454
London
>>
>>129624618
>London
What about that shithole of a city that nobody outside of it cares about?
>>
>>129618208
either you don't understand what literally means or you're an idiot
or both
>>
>>129624454
Thanks for the LPT but I'm still interested. A more Christian UK wouldn't be getting terror'd so hard right now anyway.
>>
File: 20170420_223806.jpg (206KB, 644x650px) Image search: [Google]
20170420_223806.jpg
206KB, 644x650px
>>129605011
Religion is a mental illness.
>>
>>129605011
thanks for the pape
>>
>>129619003
civilizations declining is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from humanity going extinct you imbecile
and compared to the millions of years of creatures before humans even existed intelligence and civilization are extremely new
>don't think too highly of yourself
so lemme guess you believe there were precambrian intelligent lizard people or even humans?
just shoot yourself

>your age is showing
oh really does it show that I'm 24?
asteroids are one of the most likely threat to humanity that science knows of That isn't caused by humans
and asteroids are what can cause a second ice age and wipe out all crops
unlike nuclear Armageddon
and defending against them is well within our technological grasp you loon
>>
>>129625386
Christianity is a weak, pathetic religion with origins in the Middle East, made up by some Kike nailed to a cross. It lead to us being raided and colonized by Pagan Vikings for over 100 years, it was one of the reasons the Western Roman Empire collapsed into a heap of rubble and shit, it leeched off the state demanding more and more money to spread lies and exaggerated bullshit to the weak minded little people. Child fondling was commonplace in the Churches and was practiced by Priests. Christians slaughtered innocent people who wouldn't convert to that desert heap of shit but complained when the Muslims did the same to their own flock. Speaking of Muslims, Islam wouldn't have stepped foot in Europe if we were still Pagan.
>A more Christian UK wouldn't be getting terror'd so hard right now anyway.
"Love your neighbour, pray for your enemies".
>>
>>129626271
>But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in heaven. Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Christianity it pretty explicitly not cool with Islam from that quote alone.

Also:
>It was one of the reasons the Western Roman Empire collapsed
But the very Christian Byzantine empire held nearly a thousand years longer than the Western Empire. The Western empire fell due to overspending and a lack of patriotism among its citizens, as well as allowing immigration of a dangerous anti-Roman foreign pagan demographic.
>>
>>129625996
are you euphoric in your enlightenment?
>>
>>129627397
The contradictions are hilarious. The Western Empire fell for many reasons, Christianity was one of them. Religious tensions with Pagans remained high right up until its demise. The Byzantine Empire, whilst powerful, was a shadow of the former Roman Empire. It never regained the territory it lost and, funny enough, it's eventual decline and collapse was hastened by the Crusade which sacked the capital of the Byzantine Empire, Constantinople. Oh, and that city is today known as Istanbul, and is a Muslim city occupied by non-European peoples. So much for peace and love and unity eh? Getting attacked by those of your own faith. All Christianity has ever done is divided us. Catholics say they are the true denomination of Christianity, Orthodox Christians say they are the true religion instead. I may be wrong about this but I can't remember a time where Pagans went to war with each other because they followed a different sect of Paganism.
>>
>>129614283
well what are you trying to say enlighten if not just for a bit
>>
>>129615136
This desu
>>
>>129627946
^this desu.

Most religions throughout time had their Gods and practiced them locally. It was native to their culture and practices. Only the brainlets in Judaic faiths proposed that (((their))) God is the only and only god of everything. You can understand how this is fine when it stays relegated to a local group. The idiocy started when it was forked into Christianity and then Islam and then spread to a mass of people who took it literally and killed and conquered other religions in its name. You have 1000s of years of civilizations and religions that existed before this Abrahmic idiocy that were destroyed by it. This has nothing to do w/ the (one true) God and more to do w/ the enterprising habits of man.

IMO, revelations centers on them knowing about the fictional tales they wove and knowing that they one day would have to face the music for it. The world, solar system, and galaxy, and universe are cyclical to a degree beyond human conception. Every couple of 1000s of years, someone weaves a new tale and covenant, etc. Few were bold enough to claim finality in a clearly un-final cyclical universe. The division, warring, and conflict arise from this lie as it does with all lies.
>>
>>129608860
That's actually what revelations says though, minus humans fleeing but that they would take arms against Him. >>129609596
If you haven't already you should listen to Canary Cry Radio. You are right my friend thank you for being the city on a hill.
>>
File: IMG_6547.png (390KB, 1320x2652px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6547.png
390KB, 1320x2652px
>>129605011
Indiana Jones: pilgrimage le Antarctica
>>
I propose that atheists have no soul prima facie, they are philosophical zombies, and it is in our best interest to eliminate them.

How fucking dumb do you have to be to wake up in the morning, experience what you experience, and be like, "nah, just atoms bro."
>>
>>129613744
What have you been reading/watching. I've known all of this except your explanation of 666 and you've peaked my curiosity.
>>
Three K's a day keeps the niggers away.

If you hate niggers, jews, spics, arabs, faggots, commie scum as much as we do and you want to raid some tranny server once in a while, you should join the official Moon Central Discord! White people only. Introduce yourself in #introductions to get unkiked!

https://discordapp.com/invite/rDSBTgq

1, 2, 3, 4 I declare a race war!
Join us and lynch a nigger tonight!

14/88,
The Triple K Mafia

P.S Fuck Niggers
>>
>>129630529
Intelligent design brainlets propose elimination of those who don't believe in their narcissistic fantasy because of their warlike nature
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.