[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meta-study: Why are they the way they are, politically?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: on_color_large.png (25KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
on_color_large.png
25KB, 310x310px
Meta-study:
Why are they the way they are, politically?

>inb4 cucks
>>
>>129530599
Because you don't think it be like it is but it do
>>
>>129531159
werd?
>>
>>129530599
rich white suburban kids who were indoctrinated by cultural marxism during their liberal arts degrees validating each others political opinions.
>>
people seek approval
like system = appealing to the popular opinion

it's like getting replies here, if you post something whether it be a thread or a post that's pure bait, you get a ton of replies, and no one likes getting zero replies

that's why every post here is trying to bait intelligently, because stupid bait posts only get one word replies, replies you can't chain so you can get more replies

Fuck white people
>>
File: 1494734918701.jpg (68KB, 692x789px) Image search: [Google]
1494734918701.jpg
68KB, 692x789px
>>129530599
Because reddits voting system doesn't allow for varying opinions. So what happens is all the popular "pls upboat" opinions gets to the top, while anything else gets buried. Cucks can't stand feeling ostracized so they virtue signal for up votes.
>>
Because they would rather hide behind their upboat system like a bunch of cowards rather than have their mindset challenged.
>>
couple reasons:

-way more young people on the site. remember that they dont have an 18 age limit. there are probably thousands if not millions of middle schoolers on there
-mods that delete anything that goes against the egalitarian narrative, virtually every subreddit is carefully curated to give off a certain message
-upvote/downvote system means that only posts that agree with the hivemind will get seen
-in general a certain type of individual is drawn to websites like reddit: people who like moderation, karma points, and upvotes - in other words, people who want to feel important and validated for their opinions and want their space curated so they aren't exposed to "ugly" posts. it's a certain mindset that draws a certain crowd.
>>
File: 1492474937482.png (429KB, 750x835px) Image search: [Google]
1492474937482.png
429KB, 750x835px
>>129530599
it's just the psychology of the software—same thing that makes the chans have chan culture.

when you post on a chan, your primary objective is to have your post seen by others, and, usually, to get (You)s. that's all there is to it. posts are 99% anonymous with the occasional name- or tripfag, and name- and tripfagging is discouraged for common users (BY the users themselves). aside from name- and tripfagging, there is no persistence of identity or "value" across posts. users cannot create their own boards here on most chans, and those chans where you can, are largely populated by people who started on other chans. some boards have IP-based flags, most don't.

when you post on reddit, your objective is to make a post or comment that generates upvotes for you, because seeing integers increment makes your brain feel good. there is no anonymity on reddit, and your upvotes are persistently attached to your username, in the form of "karma". reddit allows users to make their own subreddits, moderate them, ban users from them, and assign moderators. subreddits can allow users to put "flair" after their usernames.

this leads to a core difference in user behavior between the two platforms. namely, on reddit, you can create and infinitely perpetuate ideological circlejerkeries. actual discussion about controversial issues is rare, and relegated to very unpopular boards which have their own retarded subcultures, drama, and ideological warfare between flair-identified factions. so basically, nobody learns anything there either.

a newcomer to both platforms would consider reddit to be objectively better because of its superior feature set and community. they would start using reddit, and as it subconsciously jerks off their narcissism, enjoy it.

in reality, 4chan—/pol/ in particular— proves to be a far superior platform for actually discussing opposing viewpoints. you just gotta get used to putting on your shitpost waders and checking your identity at the door.
>>
File: theexpert.jpg (70KB, 290x799px) Image search: [Google]
theexpert.jpg
70KB, 290x799px
>>129530599
they arent smart, just follow herds like cows.
4chan is the home of the super genius expert level user base.
>>
>>129535301

Interesting insight, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but it's for these reasons that I dislike the addition of flags and IDs on /pol/. I prefer the full, completely anonymity of most of the other boards on here, where each post truly stands on its own, and you know nothing except for the content of that single post
>>
File: 1490492581294.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490492581294.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>129535474
flags are a definitely at least a mixed bag. on one hand, you have people derailing threads with flag-shit, but on the other hand, it helps you get some perspective about who's posting. on the third hand, people have proxies and Japanese posters are pretty much unilaterally English teachers or other expats, often larping as japs.

idk, even despite the weaknesses, there's something kinda comfy about flags. like, when something happens in a certain country, especially a smaller country, and you go to the thread and the only people who seem to care are people who live there. and without flags, you'd just have a lot of
>t. Poland
, for example, whenever Poland is being discussed. and yeah, people can still proxyfag with flags the way they are now, so there's no guarantee that a Pole is ever truly a Pole, but that's utterly unavoidable on any message board system built with existing technology and infrastructure. people are trying to come up with ways around that but it's still a long ways off, and plus, getting people to adopt a new, likely more complex system with no tangible-to-normies benefit is going to be next to impossible https://github.com/the-laughing-monkey/cicada-platform
>>
>>129535424

*autists who couldn't fit in to society even if they tried.

ftfy
>>
File: here come dat Jeb!.png (140KB, 546x670px) Image search: [Google]
here come dat Jeb!.png
140KB, 546x670px
>>129531574
>Not Jeb posting
What are you doing here?
>>
>/pol/ regards Reddit as very leftist

>Tumblr regards Reddit as a haven for right-wing racists.

Why?
>>
File: 1489872572683.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
1489872572683.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>129536252
have you ever taken a standardized test before, anon? it's because, even though it varies from subreddit to subreddit and tumblr user to tumblr user: tumblr is left of reddit, which is left of /pol/. in this parlance, "left of" is also synonymous with "more insane than".
>>
File: 1456356528561.png (21KB, 504x650px) Image search: [Google]
1456356528561.png
21KB, 504x650px
I fucking hate Reddit, Its filled with trash boards that are filled with little to no effort run by kids, the majority of Reddit users are children and teens, They use a upvote system to control the content on there boards as well as to feel self affirmed aka a huge safe space, and even worse there conservative boards such as t_d Think that ever person here is a trump lover and have no appreciation for the culture that already existed just like kikes and niggers
>>
Survey explains
http://www.strawpoll.me/13164956/r
>>
>>129536252
both are true you leaf nigger, the donald is the anomaly, the rest of leddit is sjw central
>>
groupthink
>>
>>129530599
>normal people like fitting in and agreeing with others
>plebbit infested with normal people
>voting system enhances agreeableness to extremes
>everything becomes a circlejerk
It was cool in like 2007 but only because it reminded me of these boards and there was a lot of spillover there with Ron Paul.l fans
>>
>>129530599
Best subreddits for a non cucked leddit experience.

r/SpaceX
r/syriancivilwar
r/TeslaMotors
r/Turkey
r/Futurology
r/Europe
r/Science
r/Worldnews
r/Magicskyfairy
r/Bestof
r/Debthub
r/Writingprompts
>>
>>129539561
holy.... i need more
>>
File: 1496458956426.jpg (17KB, 335x378px) Image search: [Google]
1496458956426.jpg
17KB, 335x378px
>>129536704
You make some good points, but fucking stop with the Eva posting you degenerate
>>
>>129535301
Jolly good post fellow 4channer, take this (you), as it is the 4chan upvote. Good day.
>>
>>129535474
ID's are fine IMO. Just a way to follow a conversation without constantly saying "(OP here)" or similar. I don't think I've seen anyone track ID's across threads, and it's easy as fuck to get a new one anyways.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.