[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when CNN was covering Americas "Shock &

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13

File: 345254234.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
345254234.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Where were you when CNN was covering Americas "Shock & Awe" invasion of Iraq?

Was this the last great era of the MSM?
>>
>>129463100
I saw it live on cable TV while chatting and discussing it with my Filipino and Singaporean anime fans friends on IRC.
>>
>>129464861
we were 12 years old then.
>>
>>129463100
>Was this the last great era of the MSM?
You mean when the federal government released a press statement saying Iraq had WMD because Saddam was going to start selling oil off the petrodollar? That time CNN and NYT just reprinted government propaganda without verification to sway Congress and the UN in order to embroil us in a 12 year war and destabilize the mideast? That MSM?
>>
>>129466207
Yeah, it's pretty much the same as now, some of us just see through the lies.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>129463100
>we're still in Iraq

More like operation shock and awwwww...
>>
>>129463100
I remember feeling pretty good seeing them getting bombed after 9/11. Was just a kid, though.
>>
>>129463100
I vividly remember checking BBC's website the day before Bush delivered his ultimatum. They reported the US Navy was just outside Saddam's backyard.
Then I checked CNN.com and they didn't have a single article about it but they were pushing the WMD narrative hard. That's when I became redpilled about the media fuckery.
>>
File: fgffgf.jpg (69KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
fgffgf.jpg
69KB, 500x496px
>>129463100
i was lil kid
>>
File: 6439034960436.jpg (41KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
6439034960436.jpg
41KB, 499x499px
Yeah I had cable TV back then and had CNN and watched that.

The invasion must of happened on a weekend...or on school holidays, because I remember my grandparents being over and me sitting on the PC all day.

That what was originally got me to start looking up war stuff online, I found OGRISH and many many many insurgent videos on there. I think OGRISH turned into Liveleak correct me if I am wrong?
>>
>>129471105
Hah ogrish i've forgot about them, nice site.

I was at home watching that transmitiom from a highway or something like, few cars going on by and i was like where the fuck are they going they are gonna get rekt on worldwide air.
I do still remember the first gulf war attack, nightvision cameras were only for predator back then
>>
File: IMG_3876.png (592KB, 1280x901px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3876.png
592KB, 1280x901px
How many oldfags remember watching Desert Storm on TV live for the first time? That was the shit.
>>
i was driving somewhere... heard the explosions on the radio though
>>
>>129463100
I knew we were going to be in the Middle East forever after that.
>>
>>129466207
Same is now. Notice how the only time MSM cheered for Trump it was bombing some defunct planes in Syria hoping he'd push full invasion.
>>
>>129463100
>the last great era of the MSM
They were all spouting fake news in unison, it was great as far as spouting state propaganda.
>>
>>129474144
I didn't think it was the shit. I knew our boys would fucking curbstomp them instantaneously but I also knew some would be dying for a whole lot of nothing and it'd be a massive shitshow that never ended.(this was reaffirmed by Project for a New American Century and by reality as in how it played out)

I was going to enlist, though, out of desire to help how I could until my drunkard father beat my ass until my injuries totally disqualified me. Though that's kind of fucked up, I thank him for that.
>>
File: 1497107529735.jpg (45KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
1497107529735.jpg
45KB, 500x488px
>>129463100

a better question is, where was Ja Rule?
>>
>>129466737
never try to carlos again
>>
I remember my parents watching it on TV at night in their bedroom, and me seeing the green night vision view with explosions.
>>
>>129475909
I remember that too, but I can't remember if it was Afghanistan or Iraq.
>>
>>129463100
>push a false premise to invade a country
>great era of MSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5YgJx8VGRA
I hope thousands of dead Americans were worth it.
>>
>>129463100
No it wasnt "the last great era" of MSM. The Invasion was faked by the MSM. There was no action in Iraq. Its all a hoax
>>
>>129466207

It and the government's insistence over Iraq and its WMD that will be used is what redpilled me hard on the MSM and government lies.

I thought, "they know best!"

To be young again.
>>
Yeah really miss the blatant neocon agenda pushing by the MSM.

At least the American taxpayer was getting good entertainment for their $.
>>
I used to watch news with my dad during desert storm. I loved seeing the AA tracers firing ineffectively at our awesome pilots. I saved newspapers but lost them all. The news wasn't always like it is today...
>>
>>129476611

They'd be reporting exactly the same if Hillary got in and Syria's government was being targeted.
>>
File: powell_leading_us_into_war.jpg (188KB, 770x537px) Image search: [Google]
powell_leading_us_into_war.jpg
188KB, 770x537px
>MUH HUSSEIN GASSED THE KURDS
>THINK OF CHILDREN
>WE HAVE TO GO TO WAR, TRUST ME GOY
>>
I remember hearing about the invasions but didn't know anything about why we were going besides being attacked.

I also remember everyone being confused and angry over the WMD situation and watching the news broadcast of the 1,000th American killed overseas.
>>
>>129476750
IN MY HAND I HOLD THE ASHES OF 8 TRILLION CHILDREN
>>
>>129463100
I was playing a Battlefield 1942 deathmatch with a buddy of mine when my parents called me to come watch tv. I remember seeing the OP pic live. Quite something.
>>
File: merchant hillary.png (1MB, 1000x821px) Image search: [Google]
merchant hillary.png
1MB, 1000x821px
>>129463100
No, they were covering the syria airfield strikes the same way. They only give decent coverage when the president falls in line with the jews.
>>
I remember a lot of images of night-vision green cities with lights flying all over while a reporter stood in the foreground.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>129463100
no it was the beginning of the end
notably, it introduced us to this cretin
>>
File: 1457885870692.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1457885870692.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>129466737
>>
we watched it live in high school shop class.
>>
File: IMG_0504.jpg (75KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0504.jpg
75KB, 960x960px
12 years old in 8th grade with my girlfriend on her parents couch.
>never getting to fingerbang a girl while watching Bombs fall realtime ever again.

Feels bad man
>>
>>129463100
I saw smoke from the Pentagon from the windows in my classroom on 11 Sept. I watched the Shock and Awe on the TV in the family room in a house Northern Virginia realizing that I knew nothing of international politics or why everyone pretended to dislike Bush. I don't understand why infrastructure destruction is a method in non-Total Krieg. Genocide seems like the only effective military tactic. The deaths of 20 million men does nothing to affect the Total Fertility Rate.
>>
>>129478923
ooh edgy patriotard. Not being a petrocuck does even more though.
>>
I was 13, at a friend's house when the news broke and live pictures started coming in. Remember shutting up really quickly, along with him and his family.
>>
I remembered being a kid and asking myself on how bombing a city full of inocents would solve anything.
>>
>>129471105
All wars start around Solstices, Equinoxes, or Cross Quarter days. Most likely you were on a sort of spring equinox break when the war got kickin.
>>
I was working as a contractor for Exxon in the middle of Baghdad. I was literally one of the last employees in the city at the time and I was there because I had a minor fight with my boss and to "punish" me they deliberately mis-scheduled my ticket out even though most of the rest of the office had either left the country months before or been re-located to Basra or Saudi. I was making 300k/per annum but it was all going to my account in the us so I was running out of money. I had to check into a really shitty motel on the outskirts of Baghdad since Iraqi soldiers were staking out some of the nice hotels and looking for Americans to keep hostage/interrogate. I literally watched the bombing in real time as I hid in my room. I ended up waiting several weeks before I was able to make it to the border and get out. Bonus: my boss was later fired for incompetence
>>
File: Sahaf.jpg (14KB, 300x292px) Image search: [Google]
Sahaf.jpg
14KB, 300x292px
>>129463100
Yes.
the media minister was funny.
>>
>>129466207
Yeah that one kek.
>>
>>129466737
(Seinfeld bassline)
>>
>>129480393
Sounds like bullshit, but I believe it. How do you reconcile making a deal with the devil simply to play some small game in his devices? There's all number of interesting questions anyone could ask, but really, do you sleep sound at night having sucked on satans cock?
>>
>>129466207
/thread
>>
>>129480393

Go back to le reddit writingprompts faggot
>>
>>129480800
when you get to the certain level you have an understanding of things and it makes the smaller things seem less significant and you realize that you can only take care of yourself. besides, providing oil for the world is one of the few ways iraqis got money for their economy. In a way while I was working there I was indirectly helping to feed and clothe the poor masses of Iraq, almost like a modern day petro-Mother Theresa.
>>
File: 865885.jpg (57KB, 680x454px) Image search: [Google]
865885.jpg
57KB, 680x454px
>>129463100

I was in Iraq during shock and awe..crazy ass times
>>
>>129463100
At that point in time the msm was a literal mouthpiece for the government. The government sent out memos, and the msm toed the line.
>>
>>129481905
Are you trying to draw a distinction from this point in time?
>>
>>129463100
>CNN
>covering an invasion of an innocent country
>reporting fake news
>the only beneficiary is the Kikes
Yeah nothing's changed and the news has been shit my entire life. I'm pretty sure I never saw a real news report until I wrote a statement to read to the court at the trial I was supeonaed for. All the world is a stage and the cast just improve instead of report what is real.
>>
>>129463100

Are you talking 1993 or 2003? I watched both.
>>
eagerly waiting to get home from work so I could watch the war on tv
>>
>>129476750
>MUH HUSSEIN GASSED THE KURDS
Meanwhile nearly 15 years later
>Kurds are fighting a two front war against ISraelIS as well as Turkey(a NATO member) along its southern border.
Fuck this noise and fuck all these people. How the fuck do we force the government to stop acting in that area of the world?
>>
>>129463100
got out of school early, watched it with my dad as we turned our surround sound speakers up in the living room. good times.
>>
>>129463100
I remember CNN and the major US networks shilling their "embedded" reporters in so called front line units. They were able to send live video via satellite internet connections which the Iraqi's used to identify where US forces were. It was all LARPing fun until the Iraqi's decided to counter-attack the long US columns of transport vehicles that were strung out from the Kuwait border to Karbala at about the same time there was a huge dust storm, there were no more live feeds from the LARPing reporters after that.
>>
>>129482330
The one called "Shock and Awe" like he says.
The one it shows on the photograph.

>Hey everybody look how old I am, did I tell you I'm old already? Because I am

piss off
>>
>>129483581
First Gulf War was January 1991.
>>
I didn't care about this. GTA Vice City all the way.
>>
>>129483073

Embedded reporters were just propaganda spokespeople at that point. It was the Pentagon's solution to the war reporting from Vietnam which was not overseen by the military, and got out a lot of pictures that they believed "harmed the war effort."

Essentially, Americans received the truth, more or less from these reporters about a pointless war and wanted to make sure yet another pointless war was not reported on in the same way. It really signaled the conversion of the free press in the United States to nothing but the propaganda arm of the deep state.
>>
>>129464895
This, I was still jerking off 6 times a day which is probably why I missed it
>>
>>129483980
embed == inbed
>>
>>129463100
I remember turning in to some news channel because of commercial break and I see is green night vision and tracer fire everywhere, didn't know what was going on at the time.
>>
I remember talking about it on the internet but for the life of me I don't remember where. Some forum I guess.
>>
>>129463100
>Was this the last great era of the MSM?

Jeez, people on this board are so retarded it makes me sad.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.