[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spend my entire life being told by media, television and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: cornbelt.png (473KB, 737x463px) Image search: [Google]
cornbelt.png
473KB, 737x463px
>spend my entire life being told by media, television and the school system just how important the rainforests are for producing oxygen, and how we need to stop farmers clearcutting in the area

>sattilite data shows photosythesis data indicating that the US corn belt produces 40% more oxygen then the amazon rainforest
>Crops are literally better at this then trees and useless bushes and shit

https://www.nasa . gov/press/goddard/2014/march/satellite-shows-high-productivity-from-us-corn-belt/
What else are (((they))) lying about?
>>
>>129423932
Everything OP.
>>
>>129423932
(((They))) lie about everything. The true redpill is accepting the fact that almost everything that you've been taught in life is a lie
>>
File: 1497058078330.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497058078330.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>129423932
(((Climate change)))
>>
Countries with tropical rainforests are often filled poorshits who try to earn a nickle for their kids. The leftist elite wants to keep the rainforest as it's personal backyard, causing people working in lumber to lose their jobs.

They don't have any other wood, we cut down all our trees here so why wouldn't we let them do the same?
>>
>>129423932
Sounds like bullshit to me. Oxygen is a byproduct of plant growth. There's no way in hell that food crop plants grow faster than plants in the tropics.
>>
>>129424435
In a temperate area, I might add. Also, you're forgetting something called "Winter". While plants in the tropics grow all year, plants in the temperate zones produce basically none for half the year.
>>
>>129423932
Fun fact. Grasslands support a wider variety of animal life and generate more oxygen than a forest with the same biomass. And cropland is effectively an artificial grassland.
>>
the coral reefs produce more oxygen than the rain forests
the rain forests are worthless, cut that shit down already and turn it into farm land. maybe then south america won't be such a worthless shit hole
>>
>>129424594
>Grasslands support a wider variety of animal life and generate more oxygen than a forest with the same biomass
I don't see how this is physically possible. Forests have higher biomass. That biomass has to be produced. Oxygen is the biproduct of that production. If there's more oxygen produced by grasslands, there should be more biomass also, and there's simply no comparison between a grassland and a forest.
>>
>>129424747
I was also going to mention this. The map shows the oceans as grey, when that's false. Algae produce a significant portion of Earth's oxygen.
>>
>>129424747
>the rain forests are worthless, cut that shit down already and turn it into farm land
This, however, is fucking retarded as only a republican can be.
>>
>>129424435

Actually oxygen surpluss has nothing to do with forests, most come from ocean photosynthesis, amazon consumes it's own oxygen(plants do breathe). Cutting down amazon wouldn't change oxygen in the air, the "muh lung of the world" is a very stupid meme, but cutting it would be bad for other reasons.
>>
>>129424959
For lots of reasons. People don't seem to understand that forests are literally necessary for moisture and proper weather regulation.
>>
Honestly not surprised I've been lied to about everything.
>>
>>129423932
What about temperature? As far as i know, In terms of temperature and pollination there's suppose to be a connection between lowering temperature at a certain time of the year because of it.

That's world temperature, not fucking winter.
>>
The rainforest is beautiful tho and we should preserve it as best as we can. It is our duty that we, as a human species capable of world destruction.
>>
>>129423932
Also.

If all this stuff isn't important, then why doesn't the US just clear mountains like china and place down corn fields.
>>
>>129423932
The hippie movement took force over here because my kind decided that we needed some kind of sacred duty to uphold in order to please other countries without actually doing anything and thus keep the criminal plant crops alive; but now they will have no choice but believe otherwise. our time for true industrialization is nigh my friends.
>>
>>129423932
So the US cornbelt produces 28% of the worlds oxygen?
Does that sound right to you?
>>
>>129425038
yep, also Amazon has lot's of unique species and is very good tourism for Brazil.
>>
File: Global Warming hoax2.jpg (930KB, 1400x2857px) Image search: [Google]
Global Warming hoax2.jpg
930KB, 1400x2857px
CNN gets BTFO on man made climate change. Entire narrative destroyed in 2 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T43vc4NZUUc
>>
>>129423932
Rainforests may not be contributing to oxygen has grasslands, but they are still a part of the ecosystem and generally tend to be housing medicinal plants that can be used to treat various diseases. Did you know that the South American Cinchona is used to treat Malaria, one of Earth's deadliest diseases?
>>
>>129426717
Tonic water treats it too. Does Chinchilla or whatever the fuck you're talking about taste good with gin?
>>
Both the US cornfields and the rainforests ain't got shit on the world spanning belt of taiga. That shit is the main producer of oxygen on Earth. Most people do not understand how absolutely fucking massive the boreal forests are.
>>
>>129424250
THEY LIE TO GAIN POWER, AND KEEP OTHERS FROM GAINING POWER. that's what it always boils down to. anything climate related is their greatest weapon...all complete bullshit and lies.
>>
>>129425450
because thats expensive you fucking idiot, and corn doesn't grow in hillsides

>>129424435
Facts dont care about your opinions.
>>129424498
Shockingly yes, corn produces zero oxygen when it is dead, however there is these things called growing seasons, so why not plant them were there could be double harvest?
>>129424861
Facts do not care about your opinions
>>129424911
The scale is adjusted, read the link for fucks sake. Photosynthesis gives off a tiny amount of light which is bright enough in some areas to be detected by satellites. Algae in the oceans does not do this.
>>129426717
I never said the rainforests were useless, but the oxygen production is insignificant, contrary to what I have been told my entire life.
>>
>>129426888
Tonic water is a prophylactic or a prevention method and will not stop mosquito bites. Maybe you should try educating yourself next time before you go vomiting words on a keyboard?
>>
>>129428158
Maybe you should pull your dads cock out of your ass. Treatment implies that your jungleboon chicory or whatever the fuck is something you use after infection, ergo it doesn't do shit to stop mosquito bites either.
>>
>>129423932
This is the thing about climate change that pisses me off. Hippie shitstains make up causes to global warming that just happen to also be things that they oppose for other reasons.

Livestock production is another example that comes to mind
>>
>>129424250
this
>>
>>129423932
>some 75% or more of the oxygen in the planet’s atmosphere is actually produced by photosynthetic algae and cyanobacteria
>>
This rate of oxygen production is only relevant during the growing season. Tropical and Boreal rainforests produce oxygen all year round.

The midwest is also running out of water. The US cornbelt doesn't produce It's own water like a rainforest does, but relies on sucking water out of aquifers, which will eventually run out because the rate at which Americans draw water from the aquifers is literally hundreds of times larger at which water refills into the aquifer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2012/08/10/where-the-worlds-running-out-of-water-in-one-map/?utm_term=.1c1471d5a0d8

Rainforests are also more aesthetically pleasing and interesting than fucking cornfields. Fuck off.
>>
>>129429906
Please archive https://archive.is/49Z6y
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.