[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China actually has really fantastic culture Why did they end

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: 5432532453245.jpg (818KB, 870x662px) Image search: [Google]
5432532453245.jpg
818KB, 870x662px
China actually has really fantastic culture
Why did they end up so communistic and soulless?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iR-KrbeFs0
>>
File: IMG_0547.jpg (81KB, 624x434px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0547.jpg
81KB, 624x434px
>>129355286
It's a phase. Their culture has survived two millennia and it will survive two more.
>>
>>129355286

Mistakes were made.
>>
File: DBNHXmzXgAE7W4i.jpg (349KB, 1242x1821px) Image search: [Google]
DBNHXmzXgAE7W4i.jpg
349KB, 1242x1821px
Mao happened.

The "Great Leap Foward" and "Cultural Revolution" reforms he started killed/exiled most of the scholars and productive peoples of society. He destroyed the intellectual class leaving mostly under educated and uncouth peasants who have picked up the reins.

Plus, capitalism itself is inherently soulless, which is what they have been moving towards. Same issue we are having with degeneracy and nihilism.
>>
Pretty weird that Japan started as a knockoff of China but the roles are completely reverse today.
>>
>>129356122
this (about mao). He ruined alot of shit for no good reason.
>>
>>129355701
This.
Communism eventually shits up a country, its a cycle. USA is next, mark my words.
>>
>>129355286
Communism was the first ideology that was able to end their constant famines. Most great cultures (China, the Russian Empire) were built upon serf peasants getting starved to death and exploited. which is why they chimped out in the 20th century the way they did
>>
>>129355701
The continuity of Chinese civilization is a meme. Its origins are as mythic and separate as if Westerners traced their culture's beginning and unbroken legacy back to the setting of Homer's Odyssey. China has collapsed and sprung anew many times with little to no connection to its previous cultures.
>>
>>129355286
China was killed in the cultural revolution. What exists now is the most massive cultural appropriation project of all time. It would be like modern Egyptians writing hieroglyphs, building pyramids and temples to their old gods again.
>>
Yeh man they fucked up for a bit there.

Seem to be fixing the problem now though.
>>
>>129355286
The picture is Japan though
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nachi_Falls
>>
File: IMG_1910.jpg (74KB, 455x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1910.jpg
74KB, 455x1024px
>>
More developed prefrontal cortex predisposes them to collectivist thinking in general.
Small willies prevent big heads.
>>
Culture has declined everywhere since the industrial revolution/advent of capitalism

Culture in the past was basically the realm of the upper classes, when the aristocracy fell and pop culture/the culture industry took everything over culture died
>>
>>129356895
Not really
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-level_equilibrium_trap
Everything went south when...
>then, the british nation attacked
>>
>>129355286
thats what they want you to think

but by all means, china is no threat, keep hitting yourself with trump ;^)
>>
File: 1383380815958.png (260KB, 874x892px) Image search: [Google]
1383380815958.png
260KB, 874x892px
>>129355286
Over a billion people, that's how.
You make a few mistakes on the road to becoming an Imperial Hive City.
>>
>>129357806
Fine.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.