[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is what liberals actually believe. https://www.reddit.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

This is what liberals actually believe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/radiohead/comments/6gb9ic/thoms_daily_mail_speech/diphu2i/
>>
I remember reading a study that showed liberals and conservatives had similar amounts of empathy, only the liberals believed they had more empathy than 90% of people.
>>
>>129316795
kek

I believe it
>>
>>129316795
Fpbp

I also think we know how the world works: it's tough and you just gotta deal with it. The liberals live in fairy Disneyland
>>
>>129316655
That must be why right-wingers donate more to the poor.
>>
File: reaction267.jpg (17KB, 351x275px) Image search: [Google]
reaction267.jpg
17KB, 351x275px
>>129316655
>lowering taxes and doesn't help people

LEAVING PEOPLE ALONE AND NOT TAKING ALL THEIR MONEY IS WHAT HELPS THEM

THE BOTTOM 50% PAYS 2% OF THE TAXES BY STILL PAY 30% OF THEIR INCOME

IF YOU CARED ABOUT HELPING PEOPLE YOU WOULD ABOLISH ALL TAXES ON THE BOTTOM 50% INCOME EARNERS BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T NEED THEIR MONEY

FUCK LIBERALS
>>
File: 1488904788317.gif (2MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1488904788317.gif
2MB, 288x288px
>>129316655

>right wing = low empathy
>left wing = high empathy

I'm right wing with high empathy. What does this mean?
>>
>>129317415
It means the liberal lives in a fantasy land, where they use their feelings to dismantle your argument.
>>
I thought refugees were all doctors and engineers so why do liberals want to take all their money with really high taxes?

Low taxes for refugee doctors and engineers now!
>>
>If we lower the tax rate to 2%, you'd still be arguing that taxation is theft.

No fucking shit. How does our own logical consistency reflect negatively on US??
>>
>In a study I did with Jesse Graham and Brian Nosek, we tested how well liberals and conservatives could understand each other. We asked more than two thousand American visitors to fill out the Moral Foundations Questionnaire. One-third of the time they were asked to fill it out normally, answering as themselves. One-third of the time they were asked to fill it out as they think a “typical liberal” would respond. One-third of the time they were asked to fill it out as a “typical conservative” would respond. This design allowed us to examine the stereotypes that each side held about the other. More important, it allowed us to assess how accurate they were by comparing people’s expectations about “typical” partisans to the actual responses from partisans on the left and the right. Who was best able to pretend to be the other?

>The results were clear and consistent. Moderates and conservatives were most accurate in their predictions, whether they were pretending to be liberals or conservatives. Liberals were the least accurate, especially those who described themselves as “very liberal.” The biggest errors in the whole study came when liberals answered the Care and Fairness questions while pretending to be conservatives. When faced with questions such as “One of the worst things a person could do is hurt a defenseless animal” or “Justice is the most important requirement for a society,” liberals assumed that conservatives would disagree.
>>
File: 1494815333226.png (132KB, 598x381px) Image search: [Google]
1494815333226.png
132KB, 598x381px
>>129316655
Taxation IS theft, fucking statists.
>>
>>129317415
Right=empathy
Left=sympathy

Empathy is manly, sympathy not so much.
>>
>>129317415
it means liberals are wrong i guess,nothing new
>>
>>129316795

any chance you could find the study? just for future reference
>>
We believe this because it's correct, sweetie. Reality has a liberal bias.
>>
>>129317571
civilization ain't free

Your welcome to join the communists in ideologies which won't work until human nature goes away
>>
>>129316655
>here's a 1000 word essay about why everyone who disagrees with me is an evil psychopath

Sure is edgy 14-year-old in here.
>>
File: 1485123282667.jpg (127KB, 634x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485123282667.jpg
127KB, 634x640px
>Who was best able to pretend to be the other?
>The biggest errors in the whole study came when liberals answered the Care and Fairness questions while pretending to be conservatives. When faced with questions such as “One of the worst things a person could do is hurt a defenseless animal” or “Justice is the most important requirement for a society,” liberals assumed that conservatives would disagree.

lol, do you have a source on that? Must read.
>>
>>129316655
this has got to be bait, nobody can be this stupid
>>
>>129317356
This is simply incorrect.
>>
>>129317356
When the bottom 30% of the top 60% own 25% of the middle 68% of 10% of the population of this country, we have a problem.
>>
>>129316655
>tfw too high empathy to relate to people
>>
>>129317824

you obviously haven't been on reddit before
>>
>>129317824

It's not. It's what all of Reddit believes.
>>
>>129317829
http://www.ntu.org/foundation/page/who-pays-income-taxes
>>
File: FatCunts.jpg (334KB, 1280x1516px) Image search: [Google]
FatCunts.jpg
334KB, 1280x1516px
>>129316655

This is the 'semantic argument' page taken from the liberal playbook:

Basically, you just take a word and redefine it so that it supports your argument (see: 'racism', 'gender', etc). In this case, leftists define empathy as blindly giving your tax dollars away to the shitty, parasitic masses. In reality, 'empathy' is the ability to understand and share the feelings of others. Rightwingers understand the feelings of others by knowing that if you give somebody money, it won't incentivize them to work. Why help somebody when you can just give somebody the tools to help themselves?

"You give a poor man a fish and you feed him for a day. You teach him to fish and you give him an occupation that will feed him for a lifetime." - ancient chinese shit
>>
Plebitters are the dumbest people on earth. Gas them now
>>
File: 1490111065596.png (120KB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
1490111065596.png
120KB, 316x320px
>>129316655
>be liberal
>overcome with empathy
>just want to help people
>be like a really super good person
>use the threat of violence to steal from people who work
>give their money to people who don't work
>pat self on back for being so generous
>just another day in the life of be a liberal
>>
File: jklc5bkw2u0z.jpg (21KB, 258x321px) Image search: [Google]
jklc5bkw2u0z.jpg
21KB, 258x321px
>>129317554
>the worst thing a person could do is hurt a defenseless animal
>conservatives: disagree

whew let's go stomp on some puppies, guys!
>>
>>129317773
Haidt's Righteous Mind.

>You might even go as far as Michael Feingold, a theater critic for the liberal newspaper the Village Voice, when he wrote:
>"Republicans don’t believe in the imagination, partly because so few of them have one, but mostly because it gets in the way of their chosen work, which is to destroy the human race and the planet. Human beings, who have imaginations, can see a recipe for disaster in the making; Republicans, whose goal in life is to profit from disaster and who don’t give a hoot about human beings, either can’t or won’t. Which is why I personally think they should be exterminated before they cause any more harm."
>One of the many ironies in this quotation is that it shows the inability of a theater critic— who skillfully enters fantastical imaginary worlds for a living— to imagine that Republicans act within a moral matrix that differs from his own.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170610-113349.jpg (974KB, 1332x1668px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170610-113349.jpg
974KB, 1332x1668px
>>129316655
>>
File: 1493765566617.jpg (52KB, 644x718px) Image search: [Google]
1493765566617.jpg
52KB, 644x718px
>>129317722
I'm under no delusion that ancapistan will be established any time soon, people want too many gibs, nor that it will be some type of utopia. I only think that it will be an improvement over statist regimes morally and economically.
>>
>>129316655
Le wall of text....
>>
>>129317554
>When faced with questions such as “One of the worst things a person could do is hurt a defenseless animal” or “Justice is the most important requirement for a society,” liberals assumed that conservatives would disagree.

When will this idea that Conservatives hate wildlife and the environment die?
>>
>>129318343

>their chosen work, which is to destroy the human race and the planet
>Republicans, whose goal in life is to profit from disaster and who don’t give a hoot about human beings

This makes no sense, from a self-preservation standpoint.
>>
>>129317356
>THE BOTTOM 50% PAYS 2% OF THE TAXES
And receives a LOT more. Nigger.
>>
I am legitimately convinced at this point most neo-liberals couldn't get out of bed without being told to by their favorite black box.
>>
>>129318343

thanks for the sauce btw
>>
>>129317356
What you would do is get rid of 90% of taxes and regulation so businesses have more capital to
A. Expand their own businesses to create new jobs
B. Invest in other businesses who can then do the same thing
Small businesses also have a significantly lower barrier of entry due to decreased cost and regulation and can once again create an environment of competition in all industries which serves to drive down costs and drive up wages.
>>
File: brainlet.jpg (674KB, 2048x1310px) Image search: [Google]
brainlet.jpg
674KB, 2048x1310px
The biggest mistake you can make in politics is to look at other people and think that they're different from you.
>>
>>129318521
Obviously when we cripple our own economy to abide by the (((paris accord))). It's the only way to pay reparations to nature.
>>
>>129318364
>Anarchism an improvement
I'll rather some generic conservative politics then anarchism with a thin layer of capitalism over it.
In-fact one could just call ancap regular anarchism since most likely anarchism would evolve into a capitalistic """""state""""".

It's anarchism though and though if you guys are willing to bet anarchism will work fine and it's not in a humans nature to form a community and for this community to grow and grow, I don't know what to say
>>
>>129316655

The red Cross would be an liberal atheist organization if they had half the amount of empathy they claim to.
>>
>>129318541
Not if they actually work they fucking don't.

People who don't work get gibs, people who do are making too much to qualify. The tax system is insidiously designed to keep poor people from building any kind of wealth.
>>
>>129316795
>>129316795
Hah

Superiority complex

End of thread/

p[.s this also explains why liberal progressives are actually racists and in a way, fundamentalists. They actually just project all of these conclusions of their own thoughts onto their opposition, so they don't have the guilt.
>>
>>129316795
This is also why /pol/ is right wing and plebbit is lefty. /pol/ is anonymous while plebbit is not, therefore showing off how hard you can signal your morality is important there.
>>
>>129318521
Liberals have a very narrow view of the "environment" that they get from the mass media, which centers 99% on muh carbon dioxyde.
>>
>>129319689
I think it's more than just important there, it defines the discourse.

4chan threads are laid out simply in chronological order so no one misses out on anything, but in Reddit with the upboat system, a comment has to be carefully vetted before being posted.

Most comments on that site will be attempts at a mic drop from that person, as they put all of their effort into extrapolating the community-held opinion, and then presenting it in a witty way.

It's like moral point-scoring, except it's backed up by an actual fucking points system. They literally get a little kick each time one of their bullshit useless comments is validated by another Plebbitor.

Run
>>
>>129319856
Good post.

Loads of women there as well, don't want to be dealing with that when i'm trying have a cheeky discussion about Politics
>>
>>129316655
Oh I get it, the people he doesn't like are just assholes and there's nothing else to it. He didn't need to write an essay to say that, haha
>>
File: moral matrix.png (99KB, 1394x274px) Image search: [Google]
moral matrix.png
99KB, 1394x274px
>>129318536
>This makes no sense
Why would it? We're like Lovecraftian monsters to them. We exist in additional dimensions which they simply cannot comprehend, which makes our motivations strange and alien.
>>
File: skull.gif (58KB, 752x752px) Image search: [Google]
skull.gif
58KB, 752x752px
>>129316655
Empathy levels aren't too different between left and right, just where that empathy is concentrated. Rightist tend to have comparatively high amounts of empathy for their own ethnic or religious people, and in general empathize with victors. Leftists tend to distribute empathy equally between social groups (egalitarianism), and often are more sympathetic to loser or the "oppressed".
>>
>>129317356
I think in the UK it's something like the top 3000 taxpayers pay as much as the bottom 9 million. Only 30 million people pay taxes in the UK regardless
>>
>>129316655
To be fair, this person is probably about 18 and thinks that they are the sharpest tool in the box.
>>
>>129316795
Liberals believe conservatives are evil while conservatives believe liberals are dumb
>>
>>129318953
Yes they do. They pay in jack shit and get access to all sorts of services.
>>
The real difference between conservatives and "Liberals" comes from the classification of equality. Conservatives value the equality of opportunity and rewarding people based on their achievements.

Left leaning people value the equality of outcome. They feel the world should be organized so that everyone gets to share the resources. The problem is that with this noble goal in mind you create a society that does not fucking work with human beings as the species trying to do it.

It is really annoying that we have created this capitalism based society that has compared to any other point in human history created wealth not even imaginable to the people of old. Even the poorest of us are really rich and given possibilities not imaginable in the days of the past. We have amazing infrastructure that works practically all the time and historically safe environment to live in.

Capitalism has provided the best results ever for poor and the rich. Still these whiny middle class young bitches are willing to wipe our asses with the principles of valuing the individual and hes/her abilities and all the other important parts of our culture in favor of a fucking utopia where everyone is rich and equal. Pursuing that will destroy us because we are not in reality equal in ability and any policy that goes against reality will be detrimental to poor and the rich alike. Makes me fucking mad.
>>
what is it about radiohead that creates such a cringy fanbase? i've been wondering this for some time, and this seems like the thread to ask.
>>
>>129320705
>equality of opportunity
No we don't. Equality of opportunity is a spook as big as the other. If equality of opportunity was enforced, children would have to be taken from their families at birth for instance. People are different and there is no equality of opportunity, not should there be.
Even talking about "equality under the law" is suspicious. Just say that the laws are general. Equality is bullshit through and through and there is no reason to cling to the word, because it will always be subject to egalitarian interpretation.
>>
>>129319856
That's why I love the_donald. Hear me out on this: the_donald is a social experiment in teaching liberals what Reddit is like for Conservatives.
>they vote the most stupid shit onto the front page for no reason than because it panders to their beliefs
>people who attempt to make rational comments in response are swarmed, downvoted and banned because they think differently to the people there
>they then proclaim themselves to be a bastion of free speech.

This one subreddit works the same for liberals as the entire rest of the site does for conservatives. And Reddit liberals hate it so much that they spam the front page complaining about it, even though the admins have changed the entire website algorithm to stop it appearing. It's genius.
>>
>>129316655
He doesn't seem to know what "empathy" means. It's the same with the word "bigot". Are all leftists just retards?
>>
>>129320705
it's justice versus fairness. Humans want to treat people in a just manner. SJW autists want to impose fairness upon nature and to hell with the costs.
>>
>>129319856
They go insane when someone drops $5 or whatever to give their post a virtual gold star
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.