[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pol/, Is depression a meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 28

File: dBGJp8f.jpg (68KB, 720x672px) Image search: [Google]
dBGJp8f.jpg
68KB, 720x672px
>>
>>129262055
No. My fucking dog was diagnosed with depression and is now on meds.
>>
yes, your sickness is not depression, its a symptom of something else

t. concussion-haver
>>
>>129262055
DON'T SPANK YOUR CHILDREN
>>
File: IMG_4666.jpg (50KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4666.jpg
50KB, 800x430px
Better living through pharmacology.

If these medicines make people's lives better, why be a butthurt moralfag about it.

There's no basis for stopping someone who wants to improve.
>>
I think it's a product of an underlying uncorrected issue. However that's not to say the issue can be corrected all the time. I think it's a battle of empathy and self esteem fighting reality.
>>
No, it's very real.
>>
>>129262055
>it's another new age retards rejecting science and hugging trees episode
No, after I started taking sertraline I finally got a job, became more social, enjoyed things more in general, even faps started feeling more intense. It's a chemical imbalance, you cant fix it with a nature walk.
>>
File: 1495421374889.jpg (46KB, 400x503px) Image search: [Google]
1495421374889.jpg
46KB, 400x503px
most americans are medicated

so weak
>>
>>129262055

Physical activity is the solution to emotional problems for 90% of people.
>>
>>129262055
I think some people have anxiety and depression, but it turned into a meme. I have anxiety and random panic attacks, but I don't go on medicine and I won't use it as an excuse for not being able to accomplish something.
>>
>>129262055
depression is dissatisfaction with life
>>
>>129262055
You're confusing depression with sadness
>>
Yes.

Go on, tell me you have a chemical imbalance, sure. Now prove which exact chemicals in your brain are unbalanced, and by how much the balance is off.

You can't quantify it. Its bullshit.
>>
>>129262055
Yes.

Most of the big push to focus on "mental health" is simply to sell more pharma drugs.

These drugs objectively have been proven to do much more harm to individuals virtually without exception. Even for non-meme problems such as schizophrenia.

It also amplifies the victim mentality mindset that is being pushed so hard these days. It ruins the people on them, and turns them into useless dumbed down victimized and irresponsible degenerates.
>>
>>129262564
Anti-Depressants are less effective than placebos. Both SSRIs and Benzodiazepines both vastly increase the risk of murder and suicide.

Almost all of the mass killers in recent memory were on either of these at some point.

It's almost as if making humans domestic animals living in sterile cages drives them mad.
>>
it's real. you will know if you've got it, because it's a physical thing as much as a mental thing. definitely real and different from feeling gloomy or burnt out or whatever else. it can be overcome by anyone with patience and there's zero need for drugs.
>>
>>129262055
depression is a choice
>>
File: stages-of-grief.jpg (31KB, 551x468px) Image search: [Google]
stages-of-grief.jpg
31KB, 551x468px
>>129262055
Depression is a very real response to living in a sick, dying world.

It's one of the stages of grief.
>>
>>129262253
I think my cat needs antidepressants. My sister's loser ex bf fed him weed and would lock him in a kennel with dogs when he was a kitten
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 769x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 769x1024px
>>129262055
No, rhis is an anti-depresent
>>
>>129262055
it should be called anti-depression because it's not the sadness that hurts you, its the brains reaction against it
>>
>>129263042
Ignore him, only a shill would stick their neck out for big pharma.
>>
>>129263008
do my eyes deceive or is this a non-shit leafpost?
>>
File: Rocco Siffredi (resized).jpg (238KB, 1138x1387px) Image search: [Google]
Rocco Siffredi (resized).jpg
238KB, 1138x1387px
>>129263042
soma/10
>>
>>129262055
the way it's overused nowaday at least, just like "social anxiety"
>>
>>129263042
>Anti-Depressants are less effective than placebos.

I need to see a source that says all antidepressants are less effective than placebos.

You'll be hard pressed to find one because they don't exist.

Most modern antidepressants don't make you happy. They just slow the emotional ratcheting up.

Before if you were angry then soon you were enraged and the emotion lasted for hours. But on antidepressants you can still get mad, but that feeling doesn't fester and you move on with your life.

It's a positive thing.
>>
>>129262055
not a meme, but the chemical disbalance is indeed easily cured by manual labor in the fresh air while antidepressants just numb your brain
>>
>>129262055
Self loathing is an existential disorder for egotistical misery addicts.
>>
>>129263055
Dumb ass teens claim they have "anxiety" because they're feeling stressed out in the moment, or it's some sort of badge of honor or something.

Me, I can be sitting there having a conversation with my buddy and get hit with this awful feeling of dread and there's no explaining it. I won't take meds for it, been dealing with it for years. I just usually control my breathing and go outside to be with nature and it makes me feel better. It passes within five minutes, and I can go about my day. The best way I can describe it is imagine you're in your house and you think you're in trouble and you're waiting for the police to show up and get that feeling of dread every time you hear a door slam because you think it's them. That's what it feels like, and it just hits at random times and isn't prompted by anything. I could be at a party, talking a girl, at work, sitting here shit posting...
>>
File: WHwzHBb.jpg (47KB, 573x573px) Image search: [Google]
WHwzHBb.jpg
47KB, 573x573px
>>129262706
You are addicted.
>>
>>129263008
>>129263042
Do either of you raving hippies have a source
>>
>>129262055
Having depression is actually quite redpilled.
>No pleasure from degeneracy
>Immune to conditioning
>Engage in a noble struggle with your inner nature
no wonder jewish doctors are always trying to drug people who have it
>>
>>129262762
This damn it. Fuck Nu Summer Pol. Sort your life out and clean your room and go talk to some girls you little NEET faggots.
>>
>>129263581
this is jews implanting their sick sadistic brains onto our precious innocent whites
they always feel like the disgusting wanting outsiders they are so they are spreading it to everyone else through every media possible.
>>
>>129262055
No, look at King Solomon. Depression may very well be the sign of a wise man.
I don't agree with all the medicine though. Your picture has truth to it.
>>
I believe there is a connection between leftism and depression
>>
File: Prison.jpg (75KB, 640x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Prison.jpg
75KB, 640x1032px
>>129263673
In a world of the emotionally blind, the sighted, empathetic person is labelled "insane."
>>
>in the forest
>you can get diseases
>from just walking around
>>
>>129262055
I suspect that most people are not depressed. They are actually the kind of people who always look for the easiest path of least resistance in life. This is the reason they end up with unhappy lives, and the reason that they turn the medication to solve the chronic unhappiness that comes with making poor choices.
>>
File: illuminati_orders_fixed.jpg (1MB, 5041x2569px) Image search: [Google]
illuminati_orders_fixed.jpg
1MB, 5041x2569px
>>129263448
>hehe goy don't get mad
>just take these happy pills
>why don't you check faceberg while you're at it
Look up Benzo withdrawal.
>>
File: e61.png (117KB, 680x788px) Image search: [Google]
e61.png
117KB, 680x788px
There is no such thing as mental illness, only aliment of stars of factors in your life, biology physiology, environment that can result it documentable distress... companies take advantage of to sell drugs. Don't be fooled by the snake oil salesmen.
>>
>>129263581
OH MAN I'M LIKE, SO OCD LIKE SOMETIMES I CHECK MY ALARM LIKE, NO JOKE LITERALLY FIVE TIMES HEH
>>
No, it's not.
But the vast majority of people who claim to be depressed ain't truly depressed, just whiny faggots looking for attention.
>>
>>129263949

new anon here

i feel so out of touch with my fellow brain washed sheeps
watdo?
>>
>>129262055
I know that pol thinks anti depressants are a jew but all I can say is that my life is way better on them. And its not like they turned me into a good goy I'm still a racist pollack
>>
>>129262055
depression is a choice for weak minded special sno flake fagots and faggot enablers.
strong minded people will always choose happiness over depression
>>
File: 1480226227427.jpg (43KB, 648x526px) Image search: [Google]
1480226227427.jpg
43KB, 648x526px
>>129262055
What if nature makes me depressed too?
>>
>>129265363
you probably need some vitamin D like all high north fags
>>
>>129263448
ssri antidepressants are 30% effective, while plecebos are 15% effective.

Amphetamines are 95% effective.
>>
>>129263136
/bread
>>
>>129262055
The problem is that people can't differentiate clinical depression from living an unfulfilling lifestyle.

/thread
>>
>>129262055
if it is, I've taken the bait and fallen for the meme. fuck taking the good goy pills though.
>>
>>129262055
>go to the woods to relax
>fire pits and beer cans
>rubbish all over
>constant fear that someones gonna sneak up on me and rape my arse

Just makes things worse
>>
>>129262253
How the fuck does a dog get depressed
>>
Don't mind all the pharma shills. They're getting desperate because more and more people are realizing these drugs are criminally harmful.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/may/12/psychiatric-drugs-more-harm-than-good-expert
>trials carried out with funding from drug companies into the efficacy of psychiatric drugs have almost all been biasedhttps://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160608212148.htm
>The findings indicate that out of 14 antidepressant drugs, only fluoxetine was more effective at relieving the symptoms of depression than placebo
http://www.bmj.com/content/352/bmj.i65
>antidepressant treatment was causing increases in suicidality and aggression
https://www.madinamerica.com/2017/02/new-data-showslack-efficacy-antidepressants/

If, thanks to the shills, the overuse of these drugs are creating an army of violent psychopaths, should pharma company employees and directors be charged with mass murder?
>>
>>129268317
Please archive it

>https://theguardian com/society/2015/may/12/psychiatric-drugs-more-harm-than-good-expert
https://archive.is/taaMB
>>
File: 176567576.jpg (859KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
176567576.jpg
859KB, 1180x842px
>>129262055
This is an antidepressant, everything else is shit.
>>
>>129262055
Remember when Steve jobs tried to cure himself with fairy farts and died?

Good times.
>>
>>129262055
what a fucking normie meme

>have depression
>can't do anything but want to die
>>
>>129262055
No, and depression can also be a symptom for more serious illnesses like schizophrenia
>>
>>129262055
>t. someone who doesn't have depression.

its not a matter of doing nice things or getting out of the house, depression means your brain has simply cut off the feeling of contentment or happiness. thats why depressed people kill themselves, because nothing they do makes them feel happy.
>>
>>129262765

This.

Everybody wants to be a >special snowflake and pretend like they aren't responsible for their own unhappiness. I went through a rough patch for about a year and a half that, looking back, was 100% self inflicted. I'm so goddamn thankful that I didn't cave in on the prescription the (((psychiatrist))) gave me.

Just go outside and take a walk. Do it for a week. Do it for a month. It isn't some hippy new age bullshit science that our bodies crave natural light, fresh air, and even the most mild execercise.

There's a difference between being depressed and just being a sad sack of shit.
>>
>>129268560
Depression is a meme. Only weak minded people have depression.
>>
>>129262253
Hahahaha goy of the month over here
>>
>>129262564
>better living
That's assuming a lot friendo
>>
>>129269644

thats like saying someone with asthma is a fucking pussy
>>
>>129263475
This - Depression is not a meme, depression meds are a meme.
>>
File: Kushner and the goyim.jpg (121KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kushner and the goyim.jpg
121KB, 1024x768px
>>129269886
Blaming the sick for their suffering is the hallmark of a psychopath.
>>
>>129263136
Truth. Recently (finally) made it to acceptance! And guess what, I feel normal again, got a dope job and for the first time things are really starting to look up.
>>
>>129262564

my brother killed himself because of anti-depressants.
>>
>>129263174
Also yeah this
>>
>>129262706
It's the first time I see something even remotely positive about antidepressants. Every time people complained about desencitization, impotence, dulling of every feeling without significant improvement of mood.
I used to take those exact same meds, they fucked me up for a long time, I'm not even sure I recovered completely even now.
>>
File: low-testosterone.jpg (52KB, 580x399px) Image search: [Google]
low-testosterone.jpg
52KB, 580x399px
i think depression is just low t.
>>
>>129262762
This. I run about 24km a week now. Feeling good.
>>
>>129262706

what do you know, a powerful drug designed to make you artificially happy has made you feel happy. who'd have thought!

i'm going to guess you've been on for a year or less. the pendulum swings both ways. right now you're up, but you'll fall back down, and the only solution will be to increase your dosage.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzRaWyG9Z1k
>>
>>129262055
yes.
>>
>>129269382

people take pills because it's easier than exercising every single day. that's it.
>>
True depression that can only be treated by meds isnt a meme. The meme is the fake depression that can be treated through lifestyle changes and exercise that phychiatrists treat with meds anyway.
>>
>>129264124
It's not so much leftism so much as it is any sort of ideological extreme. Recently tptb have been politically polarizing the shit out of the US so more and more people are getting depressed because their fancy new world view is telling them how things should be (hint: very different from the status quo for both sides) and the simple equation for happiness tells us that Happiness = Expectations - Reality
Do the math
Then find Jesus
>>
>>129264269
HAHAHAHAHAGAHAHAHAHA
>cityfags actually believe this
>>
No but the medication is a meme, if by meme you mean worthless garbage peddled by the pharmeceutical industry that does nothing and that they have no idea what they're doing because the brain right now is too difficult to figure out.

I've read that shrooms and lsd in micro doses helps depression out a lot but (((they))) made it and many other plants illegal(I know lsd isn't a plant, and eel neither are mushrooms but you get the point and I was mainly talking about mushrooms and other natural grown things).
>>
>>129264529
Haha nice img
>>
>>129271004

Oh, so my depression wasn't legitimate? The nooses I tied in my closet weren't real? My brother isn't dead?

Get over yourself. Depression affects a lot of people, and has for probably hundreds of years as we've moved away from a state of nature and into artificial societies.

Don't buy into MARKETING by billion dollar pharmaceutical companies that tells you their product is the only way out.

BULLSHIT. You can defeat depression by replicating nature--free your body of toxins like alcohol, exercise vigorously, get plenty of sleep.

Do you do all of these things? No, you pop a pill that spikes your adrenaline for one more day so you can avoid adopting a healthy lifestyle.
>>
>>129262055
no because depression causes memory loss and drugs are hte only thing that helps to recover it
>>
>>129270700
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence
>>
>>129262564
no biological etiology for depression

the meds have no scientific evidence backing them up other than questionnaires of "how do you feel while changing your rewards passageway?"

hope you dont kill yourself!
>>
I was on SSRIs for about six months. I went from getting extremely angry at my friends for every little thing and crying in my bed at night regarding how worthless I was to having no feelings at all.

Worse, the first three months my dick was desensitized and couldn't ejaculate within 20 minutes of fapping. Which, if I was with a woman would have been great.

I kept reading about this shit and decided to get off of them; luckily I was on a small dose. Still don't have a fucking life though.

These things fuck with brain chemistry. My advise is to avoid them. Problem is, shrinks don't do anything either.
>>
>>129271376

>drugs are hte only thing that helps to recover it

Lol no.

Drugs put you in more of a fog.

I like how they all increase suicidal ideation too.

Really gets the noggin joggin.
>>
>>129268176
Hahaha bruv you ain't got shit for woods on your prison island. Don't think your pathetic sample is indicative of real wilderness
>>
>>129262762
and most physical ailments too!
>>
>>129263136
It's also called being gay.
>>
>>129268405
>proven to cause/exacerbate depression
You fucking druggie
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (49KB, 489x291px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
49KB, 489x291px
God saves the despairing.

If youre a happy guy and got everything going for you , you better watch the fuck out. Youre probably an enemy of god.
>>
>>129270521
THIS
H
I
S

Get out and exercise, then eat a piece of meat. Don't eat grains or sugars today.
>>
>>129262055
Depression is not a meme.
Antidepressants are not a meme.

However. Antidepressants have side effects and create dependance.

I have to take PPIs for my acid reflux, it's a similar situation, it makes my stomach activity actually more volatile, so I'm trying to lose weight so that I don't need them anymore.
>>
>>129271410

Stop drinking, start exercising.

Stop playing video games, read paper books.

Hard truths, but essential truths.
>>
>>129271365
You were sad and thrown out of balance by an inability to grieve properly, you didn't have "depression"
>>
>>129262055
No it's not. For 4 months, I felt nothing but despair and had panic attacks for absolutely no reasons (besides me failing at school at the time but it's fixed now)
And it disappeared like it was nothing.
>>
>>129271871

I've dealt with seasonal depression and generalized anxiety disorder for over 10 years, my brother killed himself six months ago after being prescribed SSRIs.

Once again, your response is to try to delegitimize others' depression. It just makes you sound like an ignorant asshole that no one would ever want to agree with.
>>
>>129262055
A la Peterson, depressive disorder is when your life is in check but your brain fails to recognize your high place on the dominance hierarchy. Peterson contends these people are good candidates for antidepressants.

People who are sad about genuine problems do not have a disorder, they have a bad life. Pills will not keep you from dealing with losing your job or a family member dying, they can only numb you to real pain. Some argue that this numbing is necessary to overcome the causes of the pain, but I believe it just leads to dependency.
>>
>>129271831
>Stop drinking, start exercising.
I don't really drink except on rare occasions. I run and do cardio a few times per week
>Stop playing video games, read paper books.
I sit on 4chan, don't really play video games. When I read paper books it's just sitting around for a few hours reading a book. Yes, it's entertaining but I don't see how it's any different than video games or television shows
>Hard truths, but essential truths
See rebuttals above. really, more social activities are necessary. reading books and exercising are just more individual activities.
>>
>>129271888
>stress makes you stressed
>>
>>129262055
I agree with that pic, but I'm from a suburb in the desert so maybe people who live in a green foresty area wouldn't find that to be anti-depressing since they live near it all the time
>>
>>129271888
"Depression" is a symptom, not a disease
>>
>>129272161

Alright your life sounds just peachy then, I will now cease to care about you.
>>
>>129262324
>People are more depressed in countries where kids are less spanked (Mainly in developed countries)
>>
>>129262758
which makes you even weaker since we fucked you up in the revolution and saved your effeminate euro asses twice
>>
>>129262055
>Isolated place to hang yourself
vs
>Meds designed to help you
Really makes ya think huh?
>>
>>129265879
>>129263448
>>129262706
>>129263042

placebos are 30% effective it's about a wash in the short term time span of 6-8 weeks. Long run SSRI effectiveness falls down to almost nothing.

When people make these claims generally they're referring to this study
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4592645/
>>
>>129262055
People are depressed because society is shit for most people and they are living in a way that God never intended for them.
>>
File: tumblr_oh3kj9Esid1t4mby8o1_1280.jpg (86KB, 1080x1248px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh3kj9Esid1t4mby8o1_1280.jpg
86KB, 1080x1248px
youre not supposed to be happy

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
>>
File: anxiety.jpg (42KB, 648x960px) Image search: [Google]
anxiety.jpg
42KB, 648x960px
>>129263042
As someone who is currently having one of my most depressed days I can remember, I think I can shed a little light onto why people on benzos and SSRIs are at higher risk.

For one, they obviously have issues if they're prescribed the shit, that alone puts them at higher risk.

The other major factor that most people don't think about is the mentality behind the people taking the pills.

I personally wish I didn't need or want anything and I could just wake up happy every fucking day, but it doesn't happen. After a while, especially if you've got Bipolar or chronic depression, you start to give up.

You get this idea in your head that the pills will at least make it tolerable or better, but after a while reality starts to kick in; you're never going to get over the depression, it'll only slowly get worse and consume more of your life than it already does, and the pills are there to ease the pain.

I've already started going down that path, and I've even started doing weird shit I would've never done years ago. The pills aren't what's doing it, its the realization that this problem of mine will never go away, it has only gotten stronger as I've gotten older, and I fear the day something happens to my body to limit my mobility and ability to do what I do as is, because then I'll truly see no light at the end of the tunnel. I already feel like I could turn off my soul and do some heinous shit just to see if I could, but I won't. Down the line when I've got nothing left but a death wish? Most definitely.

You most likely won't read news reports on that phenomenon, just blanket statistics.
>>
Exercise makes you better at sex too. Cardiovascular fitness gives you better erections. It's blood flow after all.
>>
File: tumblr_oic61xOHFx1t4mby8o2_1280.jpg (91KB, 801x1023px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oic61xOHFx1t4mby8o2_1280.jpg
91KB, 801x1023px
the people who are happy and received good things in their life go to hell

Luke 16:25
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

i feel bad for these happy people they never cared enough about god they were too busy with their great life

once again god saves the despairing >>129271743

who is despairing? not the normies who are out there having fun and happiness ill tell you taht much
>>
>>129272762
I know those feels.
>>
>>129262253
>don't just medicate me for nothing, medicate my dog too
>of course I'll pay for it
>>
I suffer from really bad depression (for almost 20 years) and I have taken legit neurological tests that support that claim. My life overall is actually pretty good but I don't have the ability to enjoy it. I have literally been going through the motions for most of my life doing most if not all of the things mentioned in this thread and it doesn't make me happier. I dont really want to exist, i wish I would have never been born. I can tell you that for me, the medication helps. If I didn't take it, I wouldn't be able to function. I live with my gf, work in a STEM field, own a house and have achieved quite a bit despite the depression but I had to fight tooth and nail to get there. Depression is real, but most people who claim to be depressed probably aren't.
>>
File: Make It Stop.jpg (34KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
Make It Stop.jpg
34KB, 400x533px
>>129262253
>My fucking dog was diagnosed with depression and is now on meds
Any dog you fucked on regular basis would be depressed about your sexual inadequacy.
>>
>>129273187
>this people were too busy enjoying what they had instead of dedicating their lives to my jewish god
>>
For around 90%, yes, because it's caused by a sad event for which the only cure is to get over it. However for the 10% that actually have chemical issues with their brain, tumblerinas and other wimps delegitimize their very real issue.
>>
>>129274633
>Depression is real
Talking about depression is a lot like talking about obesity. There are lots of reasons why people can be depressed (or obese), some within their control, some unfortunately absolutely not.

Good for you that you've worked hard and didn't give up...not that me saying that will matter.
>>
>>129262055
>>
>>129272762
And furthermore, I was on benzos/ssris for 4 years, and while it prevented anxiety attacks, it never fixed the on/off depression issue I have had my whole life.

Now I don't have anxiety, just depression that constantly gets stronger.

The only time I felt what I realize now was "bliss" or "happiness" for longer than a day was when I've taken half of an Adderall. I've stopped doing any drugs at all in the hopes that I can get a prescription for them.

The idea of relying on a pill to make me feel like living makes me even sadder.
>>
>>129262055

>Depression rates are high

There is a good reason for that, there was something people used to do frequently that actually treated minor cases of depression and most minor mental disorders.

It kept small problems from becomoing big problems.

Do you know what it was?

Smoking.
>>
>>129262055
Well, it is biological in a way. Depression is usually caused by chemical imbalances in the brain, typically dopamine and seratonin. So in that way, depression is an actual mental illness. But it's a symptom of other things, like having a shit diet, being really out of shape, not sorting yourself out, doing a lot of drugs, etc. Antidepressants are a quick and easy solution to the problem, but it doesn't fix it, it just treats it like a bandaid would a cut.
>>
I think stuff like depression and ADHD is real to an extent, but WAY too overdiagnosed.
>>
>>129263042
>Almost all of the mass killers in recent memory were on either of these at some point.

Maybe because they're off their rocker so they tried pills, you fucking retard. Hitler drank water fallacy.
>>
>>129268269
He lost his balls
>>
>>129263617
spare me this ~natural life~ snowflake bullshit
>>
>>129262706
You are using drugs to fix your chemical imbalance. I do not recommend this, but it did help you short term. Get off before it is too late and you are a slave.
>>
>>129275751
i'm sorry, but I can't hear you very well
>>
>>129262055
>>129271403
>no biological etiology for depression
except for the fact that the brain is an organ and is prone to malfunctions like any other organs you fucking idiot
>>
>>129262706
this. dumbfucks are basically like Scientologists who say otherwise. If you don't really have depression, you can't even begin to comprehend what it actually is. Same with migraine headaches, idiots who don't get them have no clue.
>>
>>129262253
>look, the fact the Moroni will no longer use the other book in the hat proves that Joseph Smith isn't just making it all up
>>
>LOL DUDE JUST GO IN A NICE FORREST DEPRESSION ISNT REAL
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE SMELL OF TREES AND BIRDSONG DOESNT FIX CHEMICAL IMBALANCES IN YOUR RECEPTORS
>>
>>129262055
It's a fucking meme. It's a "disease" made up by lazy millennial cunts and supported by Jews so they can have an excuse for doing absolutely nothing while gaining sympathy and attention. The same with psychology. Psychology is a pseudo-science invented by Jews for millennial faggots. Grow the fuck up and get some balls. Being sad is not a disease.
>>
>>129276715
>"chemical imbalance"
No, it's your personality. People who don't understand psychology or the science behind the psychiatry are going to keep falling for this. Drugs are great, yeah, I'm on myself but it's only a matter of if they work or not. The real issue is that you learned that you should feel bad about something, that you're not "enough", that you need to be someone else or do something else to be "worthy".
Depression, along with most mental illness, is how you learned to deal with the world. It's how you think most of the time, and how you interpret the world. The only way to change that is to change your personality, directly asking the questions about why you feel how you feel and if your mental evaluation is correct.
You're always wrong because everything is about how comfortable you feel with each idea. Of course if you are depressed you'll reject the idea of being happy, you do feel like that is "you" when the truth is that "you" are a personality that learned to feel sad because some dumb shit happened when you were seven and now you feel that way forever towards the situation. You learned to deal with reality that way, and people have a hard time changing because they are stuck in an old mindset and old behaviors, constantly fooling themselves into thinking that they have changed when really all the did was change their opinion of themselves.
If you really want to get to the bottom of yourself, you have to get in touch with your feelings and find what makes you feel like you're getting what you want out of life. I got into trading because money makes me feel important and safe, not because I wanted to be a trader.
Stop trying to figure things out yourself. Go straight to people who actually made themselves not shit and copy what they do, at the least it gives you more ideas of what you can do in your own life that you're comfortable with right now to inch ahead.
>>
>>129275198

That's a high end shitpost
>>
>>129279967
I already defeated my depression by giving meaning to my life via a career. It was really that simple. Turns out sitting around being a lazy deadbeat loser isn't gratifying in the slightest.
>>
>tfw killing myself in august

Feels good bros. 20 years of existing and suffering finally coming to an end.
>>
>>129271831
>read paper books.

lmao what am i not allowed to use a kindle? does it emit feminizing nucuck rays or something?
>>
>>129280294
Yeah that is not a solution. You can only find solace in a job for awhile then you get tired of it or the people you work with.

My only pride is through my work, and then when I hate work because of office politics I have no other positive inlet of emotion.

Socializing and having hobbies outside of video games and TV are required.
>>
>>129280724
Lets kill ourselves bro. No reason for us to continue living my shit.
>>
File: IMG_1218.png (260KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1218.png
260KB, 750x750px
>>129280454
Godspeed anon.

Soon i fear i may do the same. Still gonna try and stick it out for awhile but fuck, the only way i can keep on going is drugs and alcohol.
>>
>>129279454
>If you don't really have depression, you can't even begin to comprehend what it actually is. Same with migraine headaches, idiots who don't get them have no clue
The analogy with physical pain is very accurate. Depression is as debilitating, and in its own way as excruciating, as physical pain.
>>
>>129282071
Anon why do you succumb to drugs and alcohol, possibly the two worst depressants, and then have the gal to say you want to kill yourself? Fight on anon, no matter what
>>
>>129282765
Because drugs and alcohol feel good.
>>
File: IMG_3189.jpg (400KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3189.jpg
400KB, 1536x2048px
>>129262055
Is meme a meme? Do you know why I mean?
>>129275501
>>
>>129282765
>Anon why do you succumb to drugs and alcohol
Because they offer however-fleeing moments of relief from the pain that otherwise never, ever, ever ends.
>>
>believing in "mental illness"
>>
>>129264529
benzos aren't even first line idiot. SSRI's are. Why don't you get educated before you speak. People like you really piss me off.
>>
File: american gi.jpg (34KB, 240x346px) Image search: [Google]
american gi.jpg
34KB, 240x346px
>>129272479
>>
File: homicide-suicide-rates.jpg (45KB, 326x272px) Image search: [Google]
homicide-suicide-rates.jpg
45KB, 326x272px
>>129262055
>>== PSA == PSA == PSA == PSA ==
Depression is definitely overdiagnosed and there are lots of people on drugs who don't need them and don't respond well to them.

But things can go wrong with your brain and biochemistry, eg. schizophrenia and various types of depression (manic, psychotic, melancholic) are largely biological. As such they respond well to pharmacological treatment and poorly to anything else.
If you do have a medical condition, not getting the right treatment can be lethal (suicide, death by cop if you're too crazy).
If you need drugs you should take them, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Far more white people kill themselves than are killed by others. Suicide is a bigger problem for whites than black-on-white violence but it is largely ignored on /pol/ and elsewhere.
>>
>>129262055

Sometimes I get pissed off at my ex wife and scream at her. Does that mean I need to be on antidepressants?
>>
Depression is overdiagnosed
Also, SSRI's are nothing but mass-control drugs. Look it up.
Been dealing with it for 11 years, SSRI's made me feel worse every fucking time. In the last 3 years I made a good recovery. Going to the gym and shit. I'm lot more functional now. Green Tea, Omega 3, those things help. Quetiapine was the med that really saved me.
But I gotta say that nowdays depression is kind of romantized excuse for our lack of accomplishments. At least in most cases. Sure there are people with really fucked up depression. I envy people who can be cheerful and active all the time, but I don't use depression as an excuse for the poor aspects of my life. I just need to work harder on them.
Also, for depressed anons, remembers that the world hardly gives a shit about your depression. Its a journey of self-growth.
>>
>>129263448
HORSE SHIT
Depressed people by definition don't get angry you fucking pleb. If you are diagnosed as depressed and you act violently towards others you are NOT depressed you are either Bi-polar or have an anxiety disorder.
And this is the issue, general practitioners more often than not misdiagnose their patients hand out anti-depressants like fucking candy. They shouldn't be allowed to.
>>
>>129262055
It's real, but the causes and the antidotes are badly misdiagnosed
>>
>>129263042
I dont think its the anti-depressants that kill people, I think its just that medicine is the last place most people look and then if it doesn't work for them then theres no where else to go.
>>
I would like to see if there's a correlation between personalities types (Myer Briggs) and depression. I think introverts have more chance to developing it. I think INFP people are the most likely to develop it. I looked up on google but found nothing about.
>>
>>129288447
the issue is that managing psychological disorders is a delicate thing, and drugs are a very blunt tool, not to mention it takes decades to find out how the drug works on the population.
>>
(((Psychologists))) are pathlogizing what is normal human behavior. It is natural and fine to be depressed, it is not wrong or bad.

Don't listen to (((them.))) If you are depressed, it is your body telling you something. Don't change your chemical intake, change your life.
>>
>>129288447
Once I saw a documentary about anti-depressants. The TL DR was that the brain is so complex, beyond our comprehension for now, that anti-depressants actually starts a domino effect on the brain, causing an imbalance on the entire brain chemistry and not only the targeted serotonin.
>>
File: 1483205590025.png (1MB, 1200x1261px) Image search: [Google]
1483205590025.png
1MB, 1200x1261px
I thought I was depressed for the longest time so I got some medication. I realized I'm not depressed, I'm in pain. Medication won't stop the agony. I'm trying not to kill myself every day. Somebody please help me.
>>
>>129262055
In regards to your picture, they both can be antidepressants. In my case, my girlfriend was my antidepressant.
>>
>>129289149
physical pain burgerbro?
>>
>>129289149

that's a really cool image
>>
>>129262055
Depends.

Sometimes people get diagnosed with depression when their life is in disarray.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>129262055
It's all genetics and environment messing with your brain chemistry. Take a 23andMe and upload your data into genetic genie. Figure which genes are causing you trouble, and sort yourself out
>>
File: Blankfein laughing.jpg (36KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
Blankfein laughing.jpg
36KB, 620x465px
>>129288251
>general practitioners more often than not misdiagnose their patients hand out anti-depressants like fucking candy. They shouldn't be allowed to
Medicine long ago stopped being about healing. Doctors are now salesmen for their own services and distributors for the pharmaceutical industry.

Health insurance is a financial product, not health care. Health care is treatment for pain, not health. What people need, want, and deserve, is not health insurance, is not health care, it's health.

But a truly healthy populace would put the medical industry out of business. Thus instead of healing the business of medicine seeks to create permanently suffering addicts, just functional enough to earn enough money to pay for the pharmaceuticals and treatments that momentarily - but never permanently - relieve their pain.
>>
>>129272762
Hoping depression is to go away is just like living and hopes tommorow is going better. It won't.
But if you start doing something, it will come off and you won't even realize it. Find something you love or something new, and do it.
>>
>>129289149
ok i'll try to guess from your pic. you are serverely anxious and alone. If that is the case;

Find a doctor who will give you beta-blockers, if you are in anyway asthmatic keep your inhaler on you at all times when on BB's then walk, walk like a mother fucker, get at least 2 hours of walking a day. force yourself into places with large groups of people and learn to chill there, find a psychotherapist you get along with and stick to the appointments.

If not, then sorry bro cant help you.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.