[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I don't want to learn the only Jewish martial art and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 278
Thread images: 25

File: kiked.jpg (152KB, 1901x1014px) Image search: [Google]
kiked.jpg
152KB, 1901x1014px
Guys I don't want to learn the only Jewish martial art and be surrounded by Jews all the time but can some one then tell me which self-defense system to learn that's better than Krav Maga?

>inb4 muh judo or muh jiu jitsu

yeah i'd love to be able to always have enough room to perform a throw and to play rollie pollie with somebody as if it's always just going to be me vs 1 person but uhh.. i need something more realistic

>lol just use a gun

yeah, i'd love to but what if someone surprise chokes me from behind or has a gun or knife to my head and i don't have time to reach it? what then, genius?

>lawrl just use mma faggot

i'm not trying to win a tournament you cunt, i just want my gf and i to be able to defend myself if i get jumped on the street

This post is relevant to politics because it concerns Jewish surbversion of our culture. pls no ban
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaP1X-lEtgc
[/thread]
>>
Having spent some time around guys that fight for a living (military, police, MMA), the general consensus among them is that if you want to win a street fight, MMA is hands-down the way to go. All the other martial arts are great against a faggot that can't fight, but you'll get stomped against someone who knows what they are doing. Probably the best anecdote was a jiu jitsu master that was going to take on an MMA fighter that one of my friends saw. The master was like, alright, come at me. The MMA guy came at him, hit him once, knocked the wind out of him, and he was like, "can we start over?" And they did, and the same shit happened again. It was embarrassing.
>>
>>129244833
Sambo,judo,boxing,muay thai
>>
>>129247209
Ya, this is what krav teaches. You just hit them.
>>
what is combatives

sage

FUCK KRAV MAGA YOU IDIOT
>>
>>129244833
I prefer mma,but since you just want to fight AIR you should train krav maga that way youll feel like you can kick ass even if you cant.
>>
Krav maga is to maim people or kill them. MMA is to beat them up. In a street altercation theres a chance there are multiple opponents or your opponent is armed in which case you will certainly be horrendously injured or killed regardless of your choice. If you really want to be safe, avoid danger. If you want to be even more safe than that, get a gun. Krav maga is extremely commercialized and watered down. MMA is a sport. Also MMA has the advantage that you actually able to practice it effectively where since krav maga has techniques like eye gouges and nut shots you have no realistic way of practicing such things.
>>
>>129247502
what do you think krav teaches u cunt
>>
Boxing is the best and most practical martial art.
>>
If you can find an accredited JKD Unlimited instructor, sign up. You'll be learning boxing, Kali, wrestling, bjj, silat, etc. And learning to use them under pressure via progressive resistance training and of course sparring. It's basically MMA where you also train weapons and "dirty fighting". And if your instructor is decent you'll also eventually be basically fighting almost every class, and you will get better.
>>
>>129247753
>you won't be able to gouge someone's eyes out or hit them in the groin in a real fight

what?
>>
File: 1494043875179.jpg (573KB, 1419x1806px)
1494043875179.jpg
573KB, 1419x1806px
>>129247491
Seconding Sambo.
>>
>>129247994
>train weapons and dirty fighting

this is what we do in krav
>>
>>129244833
Learn left-handed. MMA.
>>
>>129244833
>Guys I don't want to learn the only Jewish martial art and be surrounded by Jews all the time but can some one then tell me which self-defense system to learn that's better than Krav Maga?
MMA. It takes the best of each and leaves the rest. Lots of people underestimate the importance of wrestling, but MMA uses it extensively. Also has the most efficient strikes.
>>
>>129247492
Krav is designed as an emergency martial art though- it essentially relies on deception and fighting dirty, but once you lose the element of surprise, you are essentially fucked. The other problem with Krav is that many of the techniques are injurious to yourself but do more damage to your opponent, while those used in MMA will keep you from fucking yourself up too bad in a typical street fight.
>>
>>129247967
The most practical martial arts are in this order:
>Not walking down a dark alley at night no jutsu
>Wearing body armor fu
>License to carry a deadly weapon style tai chi
>Accredited defense lawyer goju ryu (so when you are in court after you put someone in a neck brace trying your epic beaded hat attack >>129247994 's JKD instructor teaches you about then you can avoid 5 years in prison
>Parkour

Boxing doesnt even make the list. Boxing is a nice sport though.
>>
>>129248081
Are you completely retarded? I said you can't practice eye gouges. What are you gonna do rip out your partners eyeballs?
>>
>>129247209
Learning mma is a fucking meme. Look at your body type and choose one striking and one grappling system which complements it. MMA teaches you how to win against one or two guys at a time.

A short guy learning how to kick is as pointless as a tall guy learning to instinctively go to ground like a lot of MMA will teach you.
>>
>>129248532
wtf do you need to train eye gouging for? you just fucking stick your fingers in their eyeballs?
>>
>>129244833
katana
>also, the bo staff
>>
File: 1475292157668.jpg (86KB, 640x360px)
1475292157668.jpg
86KB, 640x360px
>>129244833
>Wing Chun
>Taekwando
>Jeet Kune Do
>Boxing
>>
Fucking hell

My jew jitsu instructor is a based right wing polak
>>
>>129248656
so how is it a fucking meme if its exactly what is being asked for. I dont even agree with these statements but your post is a self-contradiction
>>
>>129248761
Why do you need to practice anything then? Just look up pictures of all the moves online and your set to go. You can't simulate a deadly situation. Its unpredictable and acting like a commando is a suicide ticket
>>
>>129244833
"Krav Maga" literally translated to "Genital Manipulation"
It's made by degenerates, for degenerates.
>>
>>129248841
Why the hell would a bigger guy give up his reach advantage in a street fight and go to ground?

Why would a short guy try and kick when his avantage lays in taking larger men to ground?

Fuck me, burgers are even retarded when it comes to fighting. Niggers of the civilized world.
>>
File: IMG_1032.jpg (23KB, 275x183px)
IMG_1032.jpg
23KB, 275x183px
Systema.

Russian martial art used by the Spetznaz.
>>
>>129244833
Is that jew trying to steal what's left of his foreskin?
>>
File: 1484030854107.jpg (102KB, 680x966px)
1484030854107.jpg
102KB, 680x966px
>>129244833
You want your gf to be able to defend you? What?
>>
>>129249348
Why are you acting like anyone proposed these nonsensical hypotheticals. MMA is sports fighting and has weight classes. Its not a meme, its exactly what you bargained for, if you had a brain. If you want to be Batman, then you should research computer simulations.
>>
>>129248185
True, but in my experience not as effectively.
>>
>>129248434
Street fights are about trying to knock somebody out as quickly as possible and then GTFOing. That's boxing.
>>
>>129247695
>I prefer MMA
MMA is a combat sport, not a martial art. In the early days of MMA it was totally normal to see Judo guys fighting boxers, Jiu Jitsu fighters going up against Muay Thai, and so on.

Nowadays every serious MMA fighter practices a fairly standard arsenal, based mostly on Brazilian Jiu Jitsu with a striking discipline (Muay Thai is common, though others are roughly similar).

At any rate, the success of these disciplined in MMA is conclusive proof that they are the strongest fighting styles... for winning MMA fights. What's going to be the best strategy for surviving a street fight? That's a whole different question.
>>
>>129244833

Kill or Get Killed by Rex Applegate is the definitive article of self defence for the common man. Fuck those kikes, learn to fight like a man!
>>
>>129244833
Krav Maga is a fucking meme and never works outside specifically coordinated movie scenes

You want to defend yourself you learn a mixture of boxing , Jui jitsu, Brazilian Jui Jitsu and if you want to live at 90 with a body of a 40 year old learn and practice for years combat sambo

In fact sambo is krav maga for men who are actually going to defend themselves and not get punched by actor 3 in front of a green screen

Again I can not stress enough how fucking cartoonish krav is and why you should pick up the other options
>>
>>129249413
All military martial arts are essentially the same thing. If something was lacking in one, do you think it would go unpatched for decades? Fighting with hands is not complicated enough for that. Krav Maga and Systema and Sambo all have a market in the west because to the uneducated they seem like mystic foreign "deadly" arts that give the customer the illusion that picking them up will make them incredibly powerful. Its the exact same marketing that made people think kung fu was magic was like 30 years.
>>
Krav Maga is just basic self defense. Training in actual mixed martial arts actually gives you advanced self defense. Almost everyone knows how to crush someone's nuts or gouge out their eyes. Of course Krav Maga can fine tune those things

If you're really concerned about self defense learn how to use and buy a gun and supplement that with mixed martial arts
>>
>>129249933
>All military martial arts are essentially the same thing
That is so far from the truth and only shows your knowledge on the subject
>>
>>129244833

Sprinting, you fucking pussy
>>
>>129244833
The essence is sparring. People will recommend styles like it's a Kung Fu movie, where brazilian monkey technique beats tiger boxing or whatever. Bu it's more akin to nature, where puppies brawl to hone their instincts for the future. You just have to fight others, even if it means getting beat up most of the time.
>>
>>129249675
I dont know what your definition of street fight is. If for you that means a one on one fight in a lit parking lot where your exit is assured, then you have probably entered an amateur gloveless boxing club. Most street "fights" are so fast and brutal that you dont have enough time to even know what to do. If your opponent is armed its not even a fight, its an assassination or an ambush. Movies and Twitter highlight reals have destroyed realistic understanding of these situations
>>
>>129248433
>the jew cries out in pain as he strikes you
>>
Kick balls, punch necks, hit eyes
It's called Fag Maga, it's not the most chivalrous way of fighting but it works
>>
>>129244833
Krav Maga is a corrupted ripoff version of Russian Systema .. Learn Wing Chun & Systema and read a fucking book for once in your life .. its a Must .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqVeYQYvPYk
>>
File: 1496551412867.jpg (143KB, 526x574px)
1496551412867.jpg
143KB, 526x574px
>only Jewish martial art
>is nothing but cheap shots

Were you expecting anything else?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>129249722
If you just teach a well rounded MMA guy some street specific shit and remind him on a regular basis that jiu jitsu only is good for one attacker when there's no chance of his buddies jumping in, that's not a bad recipe. Recently there was a video of some guy fucking up a decent MMA fighter. The untrained guy just picked up a 2x4 or some shit, and the sports specific fighter got fucked up because he didn't have an answer for it and got caught. Depends on the fighter obviously. But decent jkd is basically MMA for the street, ie includes everything an MMA fighter needs but includes a lot of street specific/"dirty" shit.
>>
>>129244833
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGpDVCkhtD4

1. gun
2. BJJ
>>
>>129250125
Its amazing you think I am wrong when I have been a stunt consultant and a martial arts trainer for over 10 years. What exactly do you know? I'd love to see you pick out some Sambo or whatever technique that I couldn't find the equivalent in any other military combat drill.
>>
Krav maga is good for (soft) self deference situations

for a real fight the best are the classics

Boxing, Kickboxing, Thaiboxing and MMA

Most important is that there is sparring.
>>
>>129244833
It is not the style that count's but rather the practitioner. One of the purposes for martial art is to attain control over yourself, so when confronted by a situation where your fighting style is outclassed the inherit fundamentals of stance, striking, etc are applicable to the new situation, allowing you to adapt quickly.

>discipline/form over format/reps allows you to push harder without having to rehearse the basics
>>
>>129244833
>Krav Maga
They only teach the real shit to IDF, enjoy getting swindled by a fucking jew retard.
>>
>>129248761
>just do Krav Maga
>actually don't practice it at all lol
>>
File: wingchunhealth.jpg (14KB, 400x267px)
wingchunhealth.jpg
14KB, 400x267px
Wing Chun is the best to start .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXgTXsJFxWw
>>
>>129248153
What is so good about Sambo?
>>
>>129244833
ninjutsu is the only real thing because it accounts real life situations where theres no rules
not those other pussy shit
>>
Just gas them https://youtu.be/7P2fJ4iuxTo
>>
>>129244833
Sambo. Krav Maga is nothing more than stolen moves/techniques (by Jews, of course) that have been frankenstein'd into a pseudo combat martial art. As stated by many, it's a meme.
>>
>>129250953
It's wrasslin' and jujitsu.
>>
No matter what you stupid faggots have to say the correct answer is still MMA
Period
>>
>>129244833
Is krav maga effective or just a meme aikijutsu?
>>
>>129248433

I've been doing krav for about 8 years now.

>Krav is designed as an emergency martial art though- it essentially relies on deception and fighting dirty, but once you lose the element of surprise, you are essentially fucked.

This is bullshit
>>
>>129251291
It's effective against someone who has no clue what they're doing in a fight
>>
>>129250949
One thing that needs to be remembered about a lot of traditional styles is you need to question it and experiment with it to make it work for YOU. The only trad styles I can think of where you don't need to do this as much are boxing, wrestling, jiujitsu, Thai boxing, and kali. And as far as bjj and wrestling you still need to be very very conscious of your surroundings if using it for defense.
There's gold hidden in most styles, but in some of them it's not really even hidden, it's apparent.
>>
>>129244833
Sambo only usefull.

If you cant, train muay thai and jui jutsu(which is sambo)
>>
>>129248434

I talked to a (((Krav Maga master))) in college once and asked him about the badass disarm moves and if they are practical in real life. He said if somebody pulled a gun/knife on him on the street, he'd use his "money drop" move. That's where you drop money on the ground and run away while the black person is picking it up.

He always carried counterfeit money, specifically for this.
>>
>>129250953
it is russian.
>>
>>129251113
laughable.. there is no such thing as ninjutsu .. sorry dont trust me lurk deeper and see by yourself
>>
>>129251495
That's bullshit, but I believe it.

Was he Jewish?
>>
>>129250949
This has got to be one of the dumbest fucking videos I've ever seen. This guy is trying to show how effective shoving with his shoulder is when the other person has the most unstable stance possible. This is reminiscent of the mockery of aikido where the uke basically makes himself fall on purpose.

I'm gonna leave this thread because the overwhelming amount if disillusion and ignorance is too much to bear, but I'll just say this: You will never be Batman. Humans are glass cannons, we can inflict extreme damage and have no constitutions relative to that damage. Don't go looking for trouble on the street. If you want to beat people up, go to an MMA or boxing gym or whatever, in other words look for SPORTS fighting. Krav maga, systema, all "military" martial arts are just marketing gimmicks of bullshit you will never use. Its advertised as some foreign deadly elite art that will make you invincible in the same way mantis style dim mak tai chi was advertised, in other words its basically a waste of your time.
>>
>>129251573
I am sold.
>>
>>129251495
you should ask him for fake gold they use in case they get asked bout the gold the carry.
>>
>>129251495
So you tell us your Krav Maga master is a Racist a counter fitter and a coward .. Pure coincidence I think not ..
>>
Boxing and BJJ.

Boxing teaches you how to hit people in the head. BJJ teaches grappling. Boxing tunes your striking and blocking reflexes like nothing else.
>>
The student: What I do in a real life robery
the Krav Maga Master : You open wide and take it the deeper you can then you say thank you come again and then you give me your shekel ..
>>
MMA, but focus on boxing and takedown defense. And do some Krav maga on the side, just to not get stuck in martial arts mindset, but to destroy.
>>
>>129244833
>not learning karate, the deadliest of martial arts
>>
>>129244833
Muay Thai plus bjj and you'll murder any kike alive
>>
>>129244833
>haha, just self-defending with my bros
>>
>>129251338
It's okay, you're a faggot.
>>
File: 1432328049369.png (32KB, 1138x678px)
1432328049369.png
32KB, 1138x678px
>>129252215
Nice argument there
>>
>>129251741
>>129251827

He was very Jewish. He's from Israel and he was an infantry soldier in the IDF. I made up the racism and the part about the counterfeit money.
>>
>>129244833
Muay Thai is what you want. Incorporates punches, kicks, AND some grappling type work.
>>
>>129248433
This is just a flat out lie. Krav teaches that you do what you have to to win, and in most cases the defenses are against a bigger, larger attacker or multiple attackers. My class has a fight section where you spar with other dudes (pulling hits, because otherwise you'd literally have someone break something every lesson).

Krav maga may have come from the dirty kikes, but it is an effective means of fighting.

Probably the most important aspects of your character when in a fight (regardless of what you are trained in) are

1. Keep calm
This will allow you to not over/under commit with strikes and be aware of your surroundings

2. Violence of action/aggression
This will allow you to strike your opponent before they are ready to defend or before they have a chance to adapt to the situation

3. Physical conditioning
A fight that lasts more than 30 seconds is the most draining possible activity if you are out of shape. Seriously, condition your body and you might be able to run your opponent out of gas without having to actually fight much.
>>
>>129248656
a short guy learn how to kick gives him more reach you fucking retard go to a martial arts lesson before you start talking about it
>>
File: Annoyed Pepe.jpg (11KB, 251x242px)
Annoyed Pepe.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
>>129244833

WTF OP?! Seriously, WTF?! Krav Maga is a no nonsense, kick ass take names, no holds barred, win at all costs, hand to hand combat technique. Don't sell yourself short in learning a valuable self defense tool just because "Muh JEWS!!!!!"
>>
File: fuck off.gif (448KB, 350x292px)
fuck off.gif
448KB, 350x292px
>>129244833
this has nothing to do with politics, you insecure little bitch. fuck off back to your safe space and take this horse shit with you, fucking faggot.

>>>/asp/
>>
>>129252741
*learning
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/138mws
>>
>>129244833
Krav Make America Great Again.

Also, best self-defence style is eating red flybane and plunder the brits.
>>
>>129244833
Krav Maga is a meme martial art. Learn Judo and boxing. In an actual fight your fine motor skills are shit. You need to know how to hit and throw weight around. You can learn whatever you want but if you want anything to be practical, those are your best bet.
>>
>>129244833
shooting the nigga seems like good self defense.
>>
>>129252682
I've heard krav is basically fighting like a filthy kike would, with much biting, hitting (((under the belt))) i.e just deperate hysterical fighting.
>>
>>129244833
Boxing/Thai boxing for stand up
Brazilian Jiujitsu/Russian Sambo for ground work

Anything else is a meme
>>
I would recommend two books if you want to Street fight. The Tao of Jeet Kun Do and Kill-as-catch-can.

But if you want real self defense, study Tai Chi Chuan and Chi Kung, then become a Taoist and stay away from violence altogther.
>>
>>129244833
Muay Thai is the best marshall art. All the other martial arts practice punching the air. Thai fighters practice by sparring. Thai fighters beat the living shit out of anyone.
>>
>>129244833
Study the blade. Live by the blade.
>>
>>129248153
Where can I find panties like that for my gf
>>
>>129253207
>In an actual fight your fine motor skills are shit.
This is literally the first mantra of krav maga you retarded nigger.

Krav maga is all about using your instinctual reactions to develop a technique that is effective, specifically because when shtf you will go back to instincts instead of some retarded black belt judo move.
>>
Technical savate, faggot.

Teaches dirty kill shots like crazy. Learn to fight like a white man. No dumb hook shit.

t. Silver III glove rank
>>
>>129253264
>thinks every contest is a sport
>thinks he can just respawn wherever
Clean your room, NEET.
>>
>>129247753
>Krav maga is to maim people or kill them. MMA is to beat them up.

For fucks sake, in a real life fight there are not rules faggot. Martial arts that teach you only to fight in the ground are not good either because while you are attempting to choke Jamal, Tyrone is stabbing you and his friends kicking your head.
To answer OP`s question my suggestion is: Take 1 or 2 years of boxing and then go to Krav Maga, kickboxing or Thai boxing, - IF YOU ARE YOUNG -
If you are over 30, do one year of boxing and then go to Win Chun (if you want to have a more or less painless life in your mature years).
>>
>>129248433
>Essentially relies on deception and fighting dirty
Of course the jew's fighting style would include this.
>>
>>129253264
Hitting under the belt is a valid technique. When Tyrone and his 4 nignog buddies are trying to stomp your skull, are you going to avoid hitting his nuts?

"desperate" and "hysterical" describes the fighter, not the technique. You should be trying to keep your cool in a fight.
>>
>>129244833
Krav Maga is THE easiest upper level Combat Oriented mixed martial art to get access to privately in the United States:
Reason:
1. It's a jewish combat MMA, and there is no shortage of Israel dick sucks in the US
2. It's fairly versatile, including knife, gun, and melee weapon disarm and controls
3. The moves that are usually taught are fairly non lethal, maximizing pain and kinetic response

If you can actually find a teacher (you can't) I would take a look at the other higher level MMA's - like Systema (Russian Spetsnaz Martial art) or SCAR'S
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Combat_Aggressive_Reactionary_System
>For years was only taught to US mil/ Special forces community and allies
>All about incapacitating enemies
>Includes knife fighting and weapon control and disarms (and kills)
>shit like hanging a man to death over your shoulder by his rifle sling
>Initially created with little care given to whether a move is fatal or not
>Has low end moves meant to subdue an attacker with pain compliance/K.O.
>Taught in a way to immediately escalate force if the move goes south and the attacker gains an upper hand - Pain compliance to a K.O., or to a lethal move, including lethal moves executed while on your back getting your face beaten in.

Sambo, and Muay Thai are sport oriented. Sambo is sport oriented and not entirely unlike the US military's combative programs - meaning it's useful----- but it's no Systema
>>
>>129253777
you completely ignored the rest of my post
>>
>>129247209
but krav maga is better then the mma meme
>mma is soooo good
>no one learns it in the military
>>
>>129244833
Get gud at running 8 miles a day.

Then when someone tries to start shit, run a quarter mile, get them tired as fuck. Then stop and whoop their ass. You'll be perfectly fine if you can tire out your opponent.
>>
>>129244833
>my gf and i
teaching your >>>>>gf
martial arts
>>
File: Flying-Kick-muay-thai.jpg (67KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
Flying-Kick-muay-thai.jpg
67KB, 736x490px
>>129253484
you know muay thai isn't the only martial art that uses sparing right? you almost every single martial art uses sparing right?
>>
>>129252844
but the joooos
>>
>>129244833
try aikido. someone else with higher communication skills can explain why.
>>
>>129244833
Krav maga is literally the only option then
Kung Fu is a complete state of mind, a lifestyle you have to adhere to, the fighting is just ritual even when it is useful
Krav maga is the best because as Jews one purpose is self preservation, that is all krav maga is
Complete self preservation, protection, ready at any instance
It's the perfect defense
No bullshit karate, no spastic nigger punches, no arcane ninja moves
It focuses on defense and preparation
It is survival fighting
>>
>>129253701
>french
>white
>>
>>129254268
They're faggots now, but revolutionary and napoleonic sailors were insane.
>>
>>129253777
You need to have some experience ground fighting, because most fights end up there, but you are correct - not all fights are fair and you aren't going to control more than one person on the ground.

Multiple attacker is what combat martial arts like Krav Maga and Systema do really well - as well as >>129253959
SCARS
If you are being jumped by a group of nogs, it's better to use instantly incapacitating and lethal moves as quickly as possible
>>
>>129250949

One observation regarding the techniques in that video......Who in their right mind is going to just stand there taking hits to the stomach from their opponent in a street fight?
>>
>>129253264
Does honor matter when your life is on the line from a bunch of shithead niggers
>>
>>129254268
aren't fried potatoes ppl brawnis?
>>
>>129244833
systema, case closed
>>
>>129244833
Jew-Jip-sue?
>>
>>129253926
>>129253264
I'm not saying krav is inefficient, off course if a gang of nigs surround you the best way to do it is to be desperate, going for a kick in their nuts would be first priority
>keeping calm in a fight
If niggers are stomping you, nobody would keep their calm
>>
>>129244833

There is a similar Russian martial art called systema that was used by the spetsnaz . I don't know where you would learn it though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systema
>>
>>129244833

I ahve done krav maga and found it to be a pretty tight and effective system. I coupled it with hapkido for the locks, throws and manipulations. I did alot of judo in school too.

Havent had a fight in years.....
>>
>>129249155
Maga is Jewish for manipulation?

Oh god...
>>
Boxing, easy as that. 99% of self defence situations start and end with fists.
>>
>>129254267
Krav Maga is the easiest, most well established practical combat oriented martial art to gain access to in the U.S.

The alternatives are much harder - You would be hard pressed to find a SCAR's dojo outside of a military bases radius that caters to Special Forces and other combat (infantry/cav/marines) troops
>>
>>129244833
krav maga is the only martial art designed specifically to kill or maim your opponent in a shock situation (aka, a real fight for your life)

all other modern martial arts are play fighting in that many of the techniques incorporate rules and sportsmanship or some kind of philosophy

the only comparable fighting style would something like the "thugs" of india or some kind of modernized ninjitsu school where the only goal is to kill your opponent. but both of those schools rely on weapons like knives or rope chokers whereas krav maga is unarmed which what you'll probably be in an emergency
>>
>>129244833
also also. ==> /sp/ /fit/
>>
>>129253701

The French explorers and traders who traveled throughout North America during the 1700 and 1800s and knew Savate could lay a real ass whooping on somebody in a brawl.
>>
>>129254997
krav maga literally means "contact combat" in (((hebrew)))
>>
>>129255160
So maga means combat?

I can't see the 8d chess behind that.
>>
>>129255051
Most fights I see on youtube end with someone getting pounded on the ground, boxing would do zero for you there.
>>
Anon, you're in the US, first buy a gun for home protection, that should be the first thing to do. Then you have an awful lot of choices, systema, pencak-silat,probably a shitton of other self-defense/martial arts. Then you have the sports like MMA and boxing.
You also have to approach it mentaly, a lot of people have trouble putting themselves in a situation where a fight or flight response is necessary.Imagine yourself in situations, what do you do if the attacker has a weapon, like a knife, how does he holds it, do you have time to stop his attack or can you run...etc. It's almost endless but it conditione your mind how to quickly react to a threat.
Even when some decide to fight, a lot of people feel weak as fuck, because the body is draining everything it gets its hands on, you have to sustain a huge pike in heart beating, reinforced by the fact you're not in a controlled area. Keep in mind a street isn't going to last long, it can be finished in less than a minute and you have to give everything you got, because your life or your gf's life is in danger.
I know a french pencak-silat master who has a youtube channel. He specialised himself in self-defense,yes it's vulgarising I know but it,at least, help people how to take care og them. It's quite good it could be interesting to search for something similar
>>
>>129254841
Systema is hard to learn in the US - not many teachers. It's the sort of thing you would only find in areas with high concentrations of Russian emigres or near US military bases (catering to special forces/combat troops)
>>
Krav Maga is a fucking joke.

Best thing would be Muay Thai + BJJ.
>>
>>129255266
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krav_Maga
>>
>>129244833
Kali is better but you'll be surrounded by Flips

look up Doug Marcaida
((it will kill!!!))
>>
>>129255160
*contract combat
>>
>>129255127

True. The sport form is fruity, but technical is just to brutalise someone and hopefully permanently incapacitate them, either through handicap or death, and fast.
>>
>>129244833
Baklanka. But you must get thrown into russian jail to learn it.
>>
>>129255383
BJJ is literally useless if there is more than 1 opponent. It is actually worse than untrained fighting because now you are on the ground for person 2 to kick you in the head.
>>
>>129252389
In that case, kill yourself, fag.
>>
>>129247209
>>129247753
>>129253777
The real question is, will you fuck yourself up technique wise if you just them both?
>>
ANy ways .. the best self defense technique you can learn is in a fucking book image related
>>
>>129244833
HEMA you massive faggot.
>>
>>129255109
Except that's clearly bullshit and it's already been pointed out in the thread that their are other combat oriented martial arts catered to special forces and intelligence personnel
Systema and SCAR'S (there are others but they are less well known).
Krav Maga has the most exposure and the most dojos, as a comparison Systema and esp. SCAR's are dripping with lethality
>>
>>129255630
*learn them both
>>
Step 1: kick him in the nuts

Congratulations. You know Krav Maga
>>
>>129255287
>On youtube
Most fights on youtube are nigger tier fights. Somebody dissed sumbudy's gurl or it's some stupid shit. If you're living in a social environment that has a lot of nigger tier conflict then changing your life style will fix everything.

The best way to win a fight is to not be in a situation to fight in the first place.

You're not going to have to sprawl against someone who's trying to pick you up since you won't even be in that situation in the first place.

t. someone who's been in many fights when he was younger
>>
>>129255555
Exactly. It has its uses but in that case you would stick with MT.
>>
>>129255555
if you're in a fight with more than one person the only thing you can do is run doesn't matter what art you've learnt
>>
>>129244833
Jews are the master race, of course they have the best fighting techniques. Only /pol/ niggers refuse to learn anything from Jews.
>>
>>129255383
>BJJ

so what you try to fuck them to death, fag
>>
>>129244833

You need to develop your INTUITION, a psychic skill.

This will allow you to get the drop on other people, and the more you communicate with your subconscious the more effective your practice of martial arts will be (since this enhances your muscular reflex).

> the 3rd Eye must open

This will be the Biggest improvement you can manage to your martial arts without becoming bruce lee.

> inb4 start Cheating at the combat game
>>
>>129244833

Just learn to punch through things.

Learn weak points in human anatomy.

Practice striking through these points.

You don't need to take classes to punch someone in the throat, or understand the concepts of leverage.

But you do need to practice getting your body movements and reactions right.
>>
>>129255472

I read something in a history book about the American Fur Trapping era in the early 1800s, about a fight in a trading post between a French fur trapper and a mountain man working for the American Fur Company. The mountain man had a couple swallows of whisky in him and was getting lippy with the Frenchman. Frenchie turns around, and without even so much as a warning, jumps straight up, kicks straight out with his right leg and knocks the other guy right through the door of the trading post.
>>
>>129244833

Seriously, just go to an MMA, boxing or Muay Thai gym. Then read up on The Fence and some other stuff from Geoff Thompson to get a grasp of pre emptive striking and the psychological aspect of things . Krav Maga and other supposed "street" arts are usually barely more credible and realistic than stupid shit like Wing Chun and Aikido.
>>
>>129244833

Practical Boxing Skills
Combat Jiujitsu
Krav Maga
Muay Thai

Plus Filipino knife fighting from dudes who have survived over 300 knife fights.

This is what the SEALs learn and they are the best.
>>
>>129244833

krav is great learn skills where you can.

Otherwise, wing chun supplemented with mma grappling/ground stuff.
>>
>>129256127
How do you get into 300 knife fights?
>>
>>129255943

Intuition is not some mystical, metaphysical shit like you're suggesting. It's simply learning to trust and listen to that little fight or flight survival reflex that has been with mankind since we evolved from Neanderthal and Cro-Magna man, that little tingle in your gut and in the back of your head hat tells you 'Something ain't right here!'
>>
>>129256375

Being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
>>
effective: boxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu, muay thai, judo, sambo

mixed with effective/bullshit: tai-kwon do, karate (inb4 NOOO, for the most part finding a school in the US that isn't watered down BS is near impossible for both these)

bullshit: Aikido

Although inactive for the past bit, I've been doing martial arts since 5th grade. I've trained at gyms that hosted a UFC champion. I've won several grappling tournaments and I also have been a grappling instructor in a few gyms over a few MMA fighters that you've probably never heard of.

Most effective 1 on 1: It's a tossup between wrestling and jiu jitsu.

Most effective 1 vs 2+: boxing
>>
>>129250278
Criminally underrated
>>
File: 1459908963030.jpg (36KB, 657x527px)
1459908963030.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
it would be kind to call you faggots armchair commanders, seriously, if even 1 of you fags have been in any fight then id be surprised
especially this fag >>129255987
>>
>>129255987
you need to be sparing with people to get good. just drilling on a bag that cant block, dodge or hit back wont do you any good
>>
>>129248153
fyi Sambo = SAMooborona Bez Orujiya
so its acronym which translates as "selfdefense w/o weapon"
>>
>>129255800
No shit retard. We aren't talking about debating your enemy in this thread though, we are talking about physical self defense techniques.

Walking down the street as whitey when some nigger decides that black lives matter more than yours and decides to beat your skull in, then what?
>>
Here some hint for you newfag
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_Deception
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Fwg0vbcrM
>>
>>129256375
By being the guy with the knife.
>>
>>129256127
SEAL's used to learn SCAR's, all that other shit was beginning tier familirization (Special forces learn moves for a variety of martial arts)
Now, for the SEAL's at least SCAR's moves are incorporated into their MMA program, but they are no longer taught to a belt on SCAR's mandatorily - it's still available (and encouraged) for them off post, so it's not uncommon for a team section to go get belted in SCAR's - just because department of the Navy won't pay for the belt anymore doesn't mean they can't use unit funds for it
>>
Defendo
Systema
>>
>>129256683

I guess. I forget a lot of people have never even been in fights.

Most of fighting is knowing what they're going to do and reaction to it.
>>
>>129256653
>bullshit: Aikido

Say that to my face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpZAlChOic4&t=38s
>>
>>129256653

To add to this. If you DO go for Karate your best bet by far is Kyokushin. As far as striking arts go its behind boxing and muay thai but a good practitioner with a good coach can absolutely do damage with it, and that includes at pro level in MMA and kickboxing. Easily the best form of karate.
>>
>>129256993
Some people dont even know they even being in a fight it so quick some people will never realise it..
>>
>>129256375
I was wondering that myself. But regardless of formal training, if you have been in that many fights and are still walking, you must be doing something right. Have a buddy who is a SEAL and he told me that those fuckers are the best knife fighters in the world. They will strike you 6 times in under a second all in major vascular beds. It is not pretty.
>>
>>129244833
Just learn boxing + judo or wrestling. Jews are the weakest cunts in the world and I've got no idea why someone would want to learn to fight from them
t. Karatefag
>>
>>129256993
also the cardio from sparing compered to drills is on another level
>>
>>129257331
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPViLamDzjA
>>
>>129244833
muay boran, not to be confused with it's cuck imitation muay thai
>>
>>129256709
Depends if you're ready or not. Not ready, prob dead.

If you're ready, boxing all the way
>>
Can someone redpill me on sambo? Is it taught in the US?
>>
>>129256321

I reckon Wing Chun MIGHT work sometimes...IF its applied cleverly...by a big, in shape guy...against an untrained and unexpecting opponent.

Otherwise though..why bother with it when as a striking art its right near the bottom of the pile? the punching technique generates very little power compared to other stand up arts, the footwork and defence is shit too and of course they dont do proper live sparring and certainly not actual competitions which is an immediate red flag that none of it really works.
>>
>>129256683

Yep. My Dad had a black belt in Taekwondo and Okinawan Shorin Ryu. I never took lessons myself, but he'd show me what he knew and we'd spar. Payed off rather well in high school when I had some dumbass try and jump me in gym class simply because he didn't like me and wanted to try and re-arrange my face. He wound up with a split lip and a couple loose teeth after I swung from shoulder level and slammed him with the side of my right fist square in his mouth. He didn't want to play anymore after that.
>>
>>129255299
Somewhat related, but besides SCARS and Systema (and a few other secret squirrel MMA's) practically no martial art/mixed martial art incorporates guns effectively.
Krav Maga ends at disarms/seizing a firearm from an aggressor

SCARS incorporates:
> when an aggressor is in a dominant position and is in control of your firearm hand/preventing you from drawing
>Drawing and shooting/shooting from within the holster when the opponent is beating your face in
>Drawing from the alternate hand or when gun side is pinned
>Killing with guns and knifes when you are on your back/side getting your face beaten in
>>
>>129257234

>there are still people that don't size up every single person they pass by and look for potential weapons they have on them while scanning the environment for anything that can be used as a weapon

I think I lost that innocence when I was like 10.
>>
>>129244833

systema. You'll be surrounded by Russians all the time. Based, based systema.
>>
>>129244833
Krav Maga is a meme. The only techniques most military and police units take from it is disarming techniques. The rest of their combatives is a hybrid of Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, and wrestling.
>t. milfag who trained extensively with civilian SWAT
>>
File: khabibnurmagomedov1.png (352KB, 650x436px) Image search: [Google]
khabibnurmagomedov1.png
352KB, 650x436px
>>129257804
>>
the best boxer will always beat any fucking martial arts bs. they have unmatched hand speed and footwork. they will not even allow you to play kick time or roll on the ground wrestling shit. you won't get within arms length. watch mayweather make mcgregor look as if he has never been in a real fight in his life for a sampling of how that works. learn boxing. no other sport will have you in better overall shape with better hand/eye coordination and footwork. mma is boxing for dudes who can't box well.
>>
>>129251752

True. When it comes to self defence Judo is the most practical. A combination of Judo and Boxing would be best.
>>
>>129257627
You leafs are pretty good fighter. See you on the battlefield one day when we have to save Europe again.
>>
>>129244833

running away is the best fighting system.
avoiding fights, you don't really need to fight if you can avoid it and if you must fight.
simple stuff like eye pokes will give you a chance to leave the situation.
>>
>>129247209
Only problem with Mma is that sometimes the practitioners can fall into the trap of having a disconnect in their minds between striking and grappling and being unable to seamlessly flow between the two. Keep that in mind and go ahead and train MMA.
>>
>>129244833
Krav Maga is (like all things Israeli) based off of American special forces. The Marines use a system of martial arts that borrow from several different disciplines...

Explore some Native American/Korean arts...

A good starting place is Hapkido or Jiu Jitsu...

No martial SPORTS, just self-defence.

And always remember that martial arts, or self defence is imprinted on your DNA... The whole goal is to unlock the knowledge of your ancestors.

Guns seem to betray this knowledge because of their recent invention... unless you have ancestors in major gunpowder wars.
>>
>>129258099
What happened to James Toney when he fought agains Couture?
>>
>>129258099
Hi I'm George Chuvalo, ask me anything
>>
one of the best self defence techniques is to train your neck so you cant get knocked out
>>
>>129244833
KEF
https://kineticfighting.com.au/

Australian Commando developed it as a close quarters fighting style after getting into hand to hand combat with taliban in Afghanistan. Then taught it to US SF who say its better than what they learn.
>>
>>129258351
its all about pain
>>
100% of the time you get in a street fight in your life it will be against some faggot who watches ufc who will try to use MMA on you. It is a good idea to be familiar with the techniques.
>>
>>129252123

This is the only correct answer.

Just in a real self defense situation remember you can kick groin/ attack eyes/actually snap limbs/use weapons.
>>
anyone here have experience with Jeet Kun Do?
>>
>>129259044
I posted like 5 fucking times about jkd. Read the thread.
>>
how do you call fighting style when 10 homophobes attack 1 gay guy, i never understand how can you call it nigger behavior when blacks do it, but defend it when white people do it .
>>
>>129259044
I know Bruce Lee
>>
I would like to learn a martial art as well. It seems to me that a combination of kickboxing and BJJ would be best, because kicks are 4x more powerful than a punch and also have reach advantage and BJJ is superior 1v1 as soon as you get tangled up or end up on the ground. I don't know anything though so please let me know about where my logic failed and what might be better instead.
>>
you mean washed up as fuck james toney who had lost like 5 out of his last 6 sanctioned boxes matches before getting murdered by one of mma's best in his prime? cool comparison.
>>
>>129259044

No point bothering with it desu. Again its another art that doesnt usually implement live sparring or competition, meaning the shit they teach isnt properly battle tested. If it was effective you'd see it implemented in MMA or kickboxing.
>>
>>129258463

>The whole goal is to unlock the knowledge of your ancestors.

That would not be pretty if I got into a serious fight then, because my ancestors were kilt clad, sword swinging Highlanders from Clan MacDonald.
>>
SCARS -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1-_85SoXNE
>>
>>129259317
Kickboxing / BJJ is the right answer. Or muay thai / BJJ. Basically train striking / grappling and you're good.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 256x192px
>>129249933
Mother fucker. Kung Fu is magic! Ninja's are also real and I will redeem my Master, Frank Dux if its the last thing I do!
>>
File: 1480363432412.jpg (36KB, 540x517px)
1480363432412.jpg
36KB, 540x517px
>>129250278
High quality post.
>>
>>129259431
It actually is used in MMA. Just do a quick Google search of MMA fighters who train jkd. Burton Richardson has trained MMA fighters in the past.
>>
>>129259383
>best in his prime
>was almost 50 years old and his previous fight was against another guy who was almost 50
>>
>>129259431
well that's bs for a start, the studio I went to had 2x weekly sparring sessions and competition training. The thing is it is sold as the original MMA, Bruce Lee just drawing to together all he's learnt from a bunch of different styles, I'm just suprised to never hear of it regularly being shilled here
>>
>>129244833

all self-defense systems are retarded because in reality you will always be fucked if you're attacked by multiple people or if they have a weapon, so just carry a gun since you are a based american

only sports things I'd tentatively recommend is boxing because it trains you to punch people really hard in the head and dodge them doing the same to you, which is the best you can do in reality (and then run away very fast)
>>
>>129259383
I'm still waiting for a better comparison. Ofcourse Mayweather will beat Mcgregor in boxing. Not pure fighting, though.
>>
>>129248153
wew
>>
>>129257972
Ya well you a lucky fag
>>
>>129260040
finally a guy that isnt fucking larping
dear god i hate this board at times
>>
>>129259317

In MMA i'd agree but not sure about everyday self defence. Kicks are relatively high risk, low percentage compared to a punch, and are much much harder to get good at.

BJJ, again, great in MMA, but in a streetfight do you really want to be rolling around on the floor with some random guy trying to fucking bite you and squeeze your nuts? thats assuming he doesnt have a knife in his pocket or a buddy ready to come punt you in the head too.

Boxing is probably the best striking art for the streets. (high percentage, low risk punches that can end a fight fast) and judo might be the best "street" grappling art (lots of quick, explosive sweeps and throws that can drop an opponent hard enough to stun/incapacitate them and that dont require you to be tied up with them for an extended time)
>>
The holy trinity of martial arts:
1. Boxing and its variants(Kick Boxing, MT)
2. Judo (Sambo, BJJ)
3. Freestyle Wrestling(Greko-Roman)
>>
>>129244833
Muay thai is the best martial art. It is designed to kill.
>>
File: nice.gif (1MB, 355x225px)
nice.gif
1MB, 355x225px
>>129250278
>>
>>129244833
>yeah i'd love to be able to always have enough room to perform a throw and to play rollie pollie with somebody as if it's always just going to be me vs 1 person

thats also krav maga

krav is literally a mish mash of diff stuff
>>
>>129258099
except for when they get thrown to the ground or have their legs blown out from under them
>>
>>129244833
But you wanna know what the best self defense martial arts is?
Using a gun.
>Or even a sword.
>>
>>129259962

Is actual competition and live sparring the norm for JKD though? It is for boxing, MMA, muay thai, kickboxing, BJJ, wrestling, judo, even karate and TKD albeit with tighter rules.
>>
File: antlion.jpg (64KB, 504x343px)
antlion.jpg
64KB, 504x343px
>>129260415
>>
>>129244833
Gilma is a Scandinavian martial art. It's pretty cool, but I haven't found any instructors near me
>>
File: 1472095314712.jpg (42KB, 604x604px)
1472095314712.jpg
42KB, 604x604px
>>129260101

>lucky

heard that my whole life
>>
>>129247209
>MMA is a fighting style
top kek faggot.
>>
>>129244833
Literally any. Krav Maga isn't a proper martial art, it's a meme combatants system. And the civilian version you would learn is just a gimped combatants system. It's takes from other martial arts, but only the very basic stuff. It's no difference from learning a combatants system from any other modern military, it's just designed to be a last resort when you don't have a weapon.

There is no proper training and there is no competitions, they tell you to always run away if possible, so while you are learning moves you aren't practising them on people and ready to use them.

If you really want to learn a martial art that is brutal and effective, learn Mauy Thai. It's all about straight up fighting, not defense. And you go in ready to be hurt and hurt the other person.
>>
>>129247209
As a pretty experienced fighter as I would consider myself I can't back it up - mma is great but the best defending technique on the streets in my opinion is some simple one in which you can train the same things milions of times, boxing is probably the best and while everyone would say
>what about leg kicks and takedowns?
on the street the first thing everybody does is taking it into fist fight and since no one knows that you're a boxer and they will consider you just an average mortal they are going to enter the game you know best whether they are causal guys, kickboxers, mma fighters or whatever. It's just most convenient and most instinctive to go hand to hand. The other one I would recommend is Muay thai since front kicks are pretty likely to happen in the street fight as an opening shot and you can be much more all around fighter which of course will help you but of the cost of boxing skills - I never met muay thai guy with supreme hands skills. So boxing it would be
>>
>>129259578
Look up some martial artists from Scotland and Ireland...

Bareknuckle boxing lives in an underground subculture, as well as old style wrestling that was outlawed by Brits...

Highland games were an attempt, similar to Capoeira, to demonstrate martial strength despite outlawed arts...

As well, in Korea, Kendo and Karate replaced the outlawed ancient arts during Japanese occupation.

I believe that what martial arts do is tap into our ancestors blood....

When a nation conquers another, they mix blood to enact genetic supremacy... Ironically, war is a massive loss of that memory - such a waste.
>>
>>129244833
I fought and detained 2 people in a scuffle because I knew MMA and got my black belt in traditional karate. I took bjj for awhile too.
Basically it went like this;
>man goes in for a punch
>I sideswipe and detain him with a rear choke hold
>I apply pressure to his artery and push up so he passes out in 3 seconds
>sweep the inside of his leg and flip him around onto the ground with me on top
>his friend comes up and kicks me in the face
>I'm able to grab his foot
>do a sweeping judo-style kick with the placement behind the knee and in front of the ankle.
>he gets swept and falls forward
>I crawl onto and get a rear mount and flip him over
>got my hooks in
>got the choke in
>3rd man comes and knocks me on the head to get me to release
>security jumps in
>people help me up and give me my hat, while the others get kicked out
>I walk out and don't remember how I got home

Basically....grappling is gonna be your best bet in street fights because if not the other person will just cheat.

Learn muy thai. Good, short hit combos are what you want in street fights.
>>
>>129258099
Lomachenko is a great example for this. Probably the best pound for pound in the world right now full stop.
>>
File: 11622251.jpg (129KB, 630x360px)
11622251.jpg
129KB, 630x360px
>>129244833
Wrestling
It's a pure European sport and still like 85%+ White
>>
>>129247753
This. If you can't practice the moves in a sparing you won't be able to perform them in the real life situation. That's the main problem with martial arts like krav maga
>>
>>129244833
"trane ufc bro". Mma emcompasses all martial arts, there is no such thing as "training mma". You can train multiple disciplines, that is what mma is. The best base is wrestling, with that you can control where the fight goes, keep it standing to strike, or take it to the ground - which you should never do vs. mulitple opponents, which leaves bjj out if that equation completely.

Sambo, Judo, or preferebly Wrestling, as a base, accompanied Kickboxing, Muay Thai, or Boxing = rekt faggots

Krav Maga like Akido, looks good against people who do not know how to fight. You will not see it ever sucessfully implemented vs a trained multiple discipline fighter.
>>
>>129261400
haha, cool story bro.
>>
>>129248153
I knew what this was, and klicked anyway.
>>
>>129244833
just use mma faggot
>>
>>129244833
OP I think the key is finding quality instruction regardless of discipline. Krav has distinct advantages, but if you are learning from a poser, there is no point. There is a lot to be said for silat, sambo, boxing, muay thai, aikido, bjj, kyushin karate, tkd, and kung-fu as well, but more than anything you have to avoid posers. Bas Rutten did an interview where he discussed these guys, how they do so much to appear that they know what they are doing, but when it comes down to it, they are just punks. Do your own research on any instructor you are considering, verify their claims. Otherwise you get someone like Steven Sigal who claims to have learned aikido from a guy that was dead before he graduated high school. Don't believe any hype about a discipline, check facts on instructors backgrounds, and recognize that if 4 guys try to jump you, you only have to beat 2 of them before the other 2 run away. In the end, don't let the origins of krav maga turn you off of it, learn it for a year, learn some sambo for a year, learn some wushu for a year. You could strictly spend a year or two getting into shape, 9 times out of 10 just looking bigger and tougher is enough to keep anyone from wanting to jump you for fun.
>>
>>129244833
Meth and a knife. What the fuck else does a proper American white man need?
>>
>>129246707
Patty cake, patty cake, Baker's man. Bake me a cake as fast as you can...
>>
>>129244833
Learn tae Kwon do, then you'll learn that if you and your gf get attacked in the street you should use her as a weapon
>>
>>129244833
Honestly just find yourself a couple schools even if it's technically mma it isnt going to be the mma you are implying.Something for ground work, something for standing fighting, and some work with practical weapons like knives and sticks. Get a decent baseline knowledge of everything and make it work for you.

Best martial art is really a loaded phrase. practice body mechanics and how to use them to your benefit and how to hit shit while not being hit and you are ahead of the crowd.

Also newbies should learn quick and effective gross motor movements and drill them into your skull so you aren't trying to do your 38 step takedown and kill move.
>>
>>129244833
>yeah, i'd love to but what if someone surprise chokes me from behind or has a gun or knife to my head and i don't have time to reach it? what then, genius?
Then you die or give them what they want.
>>
>>129244833
Grav ma Caw
>>
>>129244833
>what if someone surprise chokes me from behind or has a gun or knife to my head
Give them your wallet, or whatever, just don't let them take you anywhere. Make them kill you in public before leaving anywhere with them. Seriously, even a SEAL will tell you if you don't have at least 5+ years of h2h combat then you don't try to Bruce Lee a gun from someone's hand when it's pointing at your head. The best defense against a gun pointed at your head is situational awareness. Meaning, don't do stupid shit like stumble through D.C. at 4am half drunk while the DNC is stalking you.

Or just take lots of steroids so you don't look like an easy target. Jk
>>
>>129250953
Fedor emilenko
>>
>>129244833
All this shit's so retarded. Learn to grapple well and punch for self defense, to go for the ultimate sport doesn't matter what do you think you'll be hit by some highly trained assasin or something?
>>
>>129244833

Isn't krav maga just basically fighting dirty like a teenage girl? lots of eye clawing and aiming for the crotch and all that?
>>
i want to fuck dominick cruz
>>
>>129257804
In new york there is a sambo school
>>
>>129259044
JkD is theory it is not as effective as mma
>>
File: 1465140597167.jpg (220KB, 600x648px)
1465140597167.jpg
220KB, 600x648px
>>129248434
topkek absolute gold
>>
Savate
>>
>>129248153

Well played Raoul
>>
Krav maga is bullshit. Theres no sparring, you just practice on lethargic targets, lmao
>>
>>129244833
MMA

Boxing

Muay Thai

All of those are better than bull shit Krav maga.

I've spent the last 9 years cross training different martial arts before settling into (and competing) in boxing.

MMA is the best for self defense, then boxing, then muay thai, then Krav Maga and the rest of the bullshit.

Krav Maga doesn't have live sparring; same for the other nu age shit like Keysi and Crazy monkey (or whatever the kids do nowdays)

Do tried and tested self defense methods if you want to protect yourself. Where I go boxing we've got a guy teaching defense labs self defense method and we all laugh at him; the teacher is a pussy and all his students are skinnyfats. Respect to them for wanting to get fit; but it's a joke and they are being mislead by a snake oil salesman who buys into his own bullshit.
>>
>>129246707
fpwp
>>
>>129246707
Bull shit.

While i was training MMA (3 or 4 years experience at the time) we had a bunch of wing chun come down. They all sucked and got their asses handed to them. To be fair they were decent at bum rushing but thats all they had; once I started moving around/ leg kicking/ covering up as a reactive block and countering they crumbled. They are wide open when attacking with their dumb bum rush
>>
>>129244833
Just so you guys know, I read through all of this thread as someone who knows dick all about martial arts, and it's literally impossible to make any sense out of this thread. Everyone's arguing completely different points and there's no consensus whatsoever.

So like any other /pol/ thread to the uninitiated it seems.
>>
>>129272880
ISNt it better to specialize in something first, and then move on to MMA?

I feel like if i did mma right off the bat i wouldnt be good at striking or grapplin, maybe mediocre at both

Also, how come no one ITT recommends good old fashioned wrestling? Whats better than raw brute force?
>>
Aim for the eyes and the balls, that's it.
>>
>>129273675
Bottom line it seems:
Get a gun.
If you can't try to do the next best thing.

There's a reason why guns are known as "the great equalizer"
>>
>>129273675
Everyone who invests significant amount of time in MA has reasons to justify their sunk cost (time), and so trash others while backing their own strategies.

This is common.

If you know nothing- literally, nothing- then almost anything is better, as long as you don't choose a dogshit place. Choose a school- be it karate, boxing, jujitsu, whatever- that doesn't seem sketchy. Look at high-level students, see if they have skills/something. Talk to them to see focus/if they gained skills at that school.

Learn.

Get at least a year under your belt, then go out and do the same thing.

You will not be able to judge anything as a complete basement dweller.

Alternatively, get into actual fights. Join a footballer cheering section, get some blood shed and bones broken, and you might be able to speed things up.
>>
>>129244833
>yeah, i'd love to but what if someone surprise chokes me from behind or has a gun or knife to my head and i don't have time to reach it? what then, genius?
I use the fucking gun?
Also how autistic do you have to be to not know your surroundings?
Also if someone was going to stab you, they better fucking stab you or see my original point.
Just shoot them.

You're not going to win this shit. Your autistic fighting style is just going to get you killed. Because the moment you start talking shit to me I'll do one of two things.
Walk to my car and not say a word to you and get in my car or walk to my car and not say a word to you and turn around and shoot you when you start to follow.

Fuck you, you autistic faggot.
>>
>>129244833
If you're serious, look for a sambo or catch wrestling class. or just pratice one sucker punch over and over like >>129274830
recommends.

>>129274588
I recommend the opposite: do MMA first, at a gym that has open mats and people willing to spar, THEN specialize. if you do that, you'll get more out of any traditional martial art that you adopt later because 1) you'll see which parts don't work any more and 2) you'll understand a lot of stuff that wouldn't make sense otherwise. I did this with Aikido, lots of bullshit in that scene but also lots of good philosophy. Going to Open mat two days after Aikido let me sort that out real quick.
>>
>>129258462
So true. Every MMA school in Eastern Canada seems to theach kickboxing and grapping at different times.

>>129259317
Nah, that's a good standard. Just pick a good instructor too, that makes a big difference.

>>129248153
Do I need to post Immunity Cat again?
>>
>>129244833
>if i get jumped on the street

Move away from non-whites and this becomes a non-issue.
Thread posts: 278
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.