[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many hotels in america? And more are being constructed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Why are there so many hotels in america? And more are being constructed every day.

I'm asking because this seems like a sign of a bubble. You remember what happened last time the construction bubble ended abruptly.
>>
place to fuck your gay fuck buddy and not have to worry about cleaning the sheets, or have swinger orgies without having neighbors suspecting otherwise because its not in the middle of suburbia
>>
>>129224532
I see. I think it's strange though that almost every small town or interstate exit has one or multiple full fledged hotels like pic related. As well as even more motels. How the hell can they all stay in business?
>>
It's one of the most profitable use of land.

Alternatively, mold is a common problem with hotels - a combination of having similar construction plans being used in the North and South (vapor barriers need to layered differently depending on climate), shut tenants, and all the air-conditioners are run at full max - so insurance companies are always paying to rebuild hotels. many are also being rebuilt now with icf (insulated concrete forms) which reduce energy costs enough to often justify new constitution. It also fixes the issues with mold and limits noise between rooms and with the outside Interstate noises.
>>
Gotta have somewhere to cheat on my wife
>>
>>129224190
En hotell-konge er presidenten deres.
>>
The banks caused the crash tho
>>
>>129225204

This

Need a place for people visiting to crash
Need a place for people to fuck without worrying about the mess or being caught
Need a place for drunks who can't get home to crash

Every town needs at least a cheap motel.
>>
>>129224190

Because people travel a great majority by car, and we have a lot of places not near an airport or major city center. They need somewhere to sleep.
>>
>>129224190
Its just that your country is so fucking small you can go from one end to the other in about 20 minutes. You dont need a place to sleep for the night. Alll is fine.
>>
hotels are like grocery stores

people need food

people need a place to sleep

many hotels, even in the middle of no where, make most of their money around the holidays and 'business convention' weeks.

businessmen, distract management, salesmen, etc use hotels all over the place.
>>
>>129225776
Yeah. But do tens of thousands of people stop and sleep in Springfield, Missouri for example? Every single night. When there are thousands of other hotels and motels on the interstates. It just sounds a little wasteful and unprofitable.
>>
>>129227627

It doesn't need to be thousands of people. Hotels don't operate on being booked at full capacity.
>>
>>129225751
Simply not true. My closest town (50k population) is a 3-3.5 hour drive away. A 12 hour drive is a short drive for me. Because distances are big between here in northern norway. Remember that Scandinavia is underpopulated as opposed to southern and western europe. At least in rural areas.
>>
>>129227627

And there are not "thousands of other motels on the interstates"...you can go hundreds of miles without finding a hotel in some parts of the midwest and mountain west.
>>
>>129228209
None the less, the market is saturated. I've done a cross country road trip through america and it's insane the amount of wasted hotel rooms.

But anyway. I'm not going to argue anymore. After all, it is your country.
>>
>>129227627
>It just sounds a little wasteful and unprofitable.
Whatever your opinion on the matter, they are profitable, even if not extravagantly profitable. The owners often work and live there and afford themselves a living wage. Motels wouldn't exist otherwise. There are multiple motels in tiny ~5k population towns that have been in business for decades, I've stayed in several while traveling. My city has dozens of motels and hotels, many of which are, again, decades old.
>>
>>129228798
Low minimum wage and lots of land allow Americans to make a profit even in these conditions. I like it desu, France is so cramped and shitty in comparison. Feels like we're in the middle ages compared to suburban america.
>>
>>129225069
There are a ton of people traveling on the roads at any given time. These people need places to sleep. Hence why they exist just off the highway. Also the overhead isn't huge because the people working there get paid next to nothing.
>>
>>129228798

Where did you go? I drove out west to death valley, and was amazed to see no one at all after driving for an hour. Those signs that say "no services for 90 miles" ? You're fucked if you don't gas up like you are supposed to.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.