[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a gun's primary function in your opinion, /pol/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 31

File: glock-17.png (67KB, 436x297px) Image search: [Google]
glock-17.png
67KB, 436x297px
What is a gun's primary function in your opinion, /pol/?

A friend of mine (from Texas, if it makes any difference) claims it has many: from fun to self-defence, but that its primary one is to shoot pieces of lead at high velocity, and that it being used to kill (be it in self-defence or otjerwise) is just one of many valid uses. I argued that its primary function is to kill and its secondary is to intimidate by way of the first, and that anything else is just easily done with alternatives (airsoft, paintball, etc.).

What do other Americans, and other countries think?
>>
A gun has many uses.

>BUT IT'S SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO KILL

If I use it for recreational target shooting then I must be using it improperly.
>>
>>129186381
It's just a long distance hole puncher. Point at what needs a hole, then press the trigger. Badabing, badaboom

Race war now
>>
>>129186381

A gun is made to propel projectiles. Thats it.. Saying guns are made for killing is a silly statement when you consider the amount of guns that are manufactured specifically to compete in shooting competitions. There are 10+ shooting disciplines in the Olympics alone.
>>
>>129186813
But then why use a firearm and not an airsoft or paintball gun?
>>
File: 1495516375846.gif (4MB, 426x236px) Image search: [Google]
1495516375846.gif
4MB, 426x236px
>>129186381
A guns primary function is to expel a metallic projectile from the barrel in a specific direction at high velocity.
>>
>>129186381
While I'll definitely agree that paintball &etc. can fill the recreational shooting void, I have to posit: Hunting can also be fun, and must be one of a firearm's primary functions by virtue of its efficacy. However, by my observation a firearm's primary function is a fluid variable determined by the intent of its user - there is no universal objective primary function for this tool except in battle.
The 'user variable' also accounts for those mostly-irrational occasions where the user has no apparent need for a certain firearm (such as, say, an anti-materiel rifle) in an urban setting, but would like to have one 'just in case' (which I support).
>>
File: strawman_1424824687380.jpg (697KB, 815x1087px) Image search: [Google]
strawman_1424824687380.jpg
697KB, 815x1087px
>>129186813
>recreational target shooting

One of it's non-primary uses.

But, go ahead and keep pulling strawmen out of your ass.
>>
>>129186381

A gun is a weapon. And a weapon is a type of tool. It can be used for good or ill.

You can still engage in recreational activities with weapons. Remember, bows, swords, and polearms were also designed as weapons, but they are also used in recreational activity and sports. The same is true of firearms.
>>
>>129187316
But hunting necessitates that something is killed, and having a just-in-case gun would imply a need for higher fire power. Or more numerous firepower. In thus case, one would need them primarily for taking a life, shooting living creatures.

I will concede the user variable, but it seems largely geared toward having a gun for the sake of shooting a creature be it in the immediate or eventual future for whatever reason.

>>129187737
Yes, but they were not designed for recreation, but for easier hunting and/or warfare. The recreation came at a later time.
>>
It's a weapon. It's purpose is to kill things.
>>
A gun is a tool specifically designed to wound, hopefully fatally, people and animals.

And I am perfectly ok with that.
>>
>>129187229
Why not use a nerf gun?

Why drive a V8?

Why buy nice clothes?

Why not listen to whatever's on the radio?

Fucking commie
>>
A gun's primary function is to defend my family from niggers with guns.
>>
>>129188077

Recreational activities with those weapons took place, even when they were used in warfare. It was a way of sharpening skills. The same thing is true of the gun.
>>
It's to kill people.

And there is literally nothing wrong with owning something that's made specifically to kill other people.
>>
Thanks for giving the pedants a containment thread they can argue semantics all night
>>
>>129187229
No accuracy
>>
>>129186381
Actually, I have a black powder rifle, b/c black powder has multiple uses in survival situations, so even if you don't have a primer, always keep the black powder. A gun on the other hand is self-defense and hunting. That's it.
>>
>>129188341
Sharpening skills for a future war, thus the primary function is still to take a life, and the recreational aspect then serves to make the primary function more effective.

>>129188364
Never said there was anything wrong with guns, and I don't think there is. If my country had the gun culture the US did, I'd hardly consider moving.
>>
>>129186381

To give you the ability to win in any fight. Not to kill in itself. That's just how it goes about it. Its deeper purpose is to make it dangerous for others to endanger you.
>>
>>129186381
Primary use firing bullets.
Saying it's firing bullets to kill is a fallacy.
Surely gun honours spend hundreds more hours shooting on the rangw than anywhere else.

Its a tool. You can kill peoplw with a hammer but it isn't it's primary purpose
>>
File: 1496387487150.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496387487150.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>129186381
The primary role of the firearm is to apply the powers of the upper echelon of the dominance hierarchy to the lower echelons of the dominance hierarchy. The gun is the first weapon to be and unmodified in it's effectiveness by the weight class of it's user. Skill is the determining factor, brawn is irrelevant. The firearm allows an asthmatic midget to defend himself with the strength of Arnold Schwarzenneger or pic related; and thus ushered in our current era of peace and equality. Equality of violence is the underpinning of our society. Therefore, the gun is the tool of peace.
>>
>>129188609

In some cases, you are correct. But in others, not so much.

I serious doubt that Olympic biathlon athletes are training themselves to be better killers with a gun.
>>
>>129188657
But in the danger lies the implication of death.
>>
>>129186381
For fun
For protection
Its historical art
Its a fine piece of engineering
To shoot niggers when needed
>>
>>129189056
All of life is postulated upon the implication of death.
>>
>>129186381

to shoot bullets
>>
>>129188940
And this is what confuses me: why learn to shoot if your primary reason isn't so you can shoot a living creature more easily? Why , then, shoot a gun specifically? If it is for the challenge, then doesn't a bow pose a greater one?
>>
>>129188841

A carpenters hammer is a tool but a warhammer is a weapon.
>>
>>129189519

for fun
>>
>>129186381
To make killing easier.

That's it's function as a tool, and why it was invented.
>>
>>129189774
It doesn't change the purpose of a gun though. I could enjoy running arounda field smashing things with a war hammer but that doesn't mean it's a tool, it's still a weapon.
>>
>>129189774
But why, again, a gun specifically?
>>
>>129186381
primary function is to create a blast of energy to propel a small projectile forward and out of the barrel at speeds capable of killing a human being
>>
>>129186381
You intimidate if you are a nigger. White people don't show their guns unless they decide to kill.
>>
Pew pew da Jew jew
>>
>>129189971
You already have your answer. Refute or agree.
>>129188874
>>129189246
>>
>>129189519
Would you learn to use a bow, which you wouldn't hide from your attacker, or would you rather train with a concealed, small glock?
Killing aside, glock>bow, although the bow may be only used to have fun.
>>
>>129186381
A gun, much like an automated buzz saw, is a tool.

A gun can be used to hunt, for recreation at shooting ranges (as well as to increase your accuracy), or it can be used to protect yourself, your country, or your loved ones.

It's primary use is never murder and you're expected to be responsible with it the same way you should be responsible with a buzz saw, chain saw, or any other heavy tool.

Air soft can not be used to hunt
Air soft can not be used to emulate real bullet trajectory
Air soft can not be used to protect you, your loved ones, or your country.

Anyone who thinks guns serves no purpose is biased towards the purpose for which a gun serves.
>>
>>129190211
Glock is fine, but ammunition you can get is usually the problem in many countries.
You could empty your mag into someone and he could still come at you, depending on the situation, your stress level, your accuracy.
>>
>>129186381
it's a crucial tool that allows an individual to remain free and safe, have control over their own destiny instead of relying on possible external help in critical situations, help that always comes too late
>>
>>129186381
a gun is also a perfect equalizer... with a gun a girl or a woman or a person that is alone can defend itself against multiple persons... when the person would have been to weak to defend without a gun...

a gun is also a nice thing to force some one to reason with u instead of them using force against u...

its also a nice tool against ur local cave man that feels the need to go stabby on society
>>
>>129190404
>with a gun a girl or a woman or a person that is alone can defend itself against multiple persons
No. Multiple persons and a gun with a normal mag = you loose.
The girl would have to carry an AK or something similar to have a good chance at dealing with multiple persons.
>>
>>129190193
Those I agree with, but my question pertained to a gun used ina purely recreational setting, wherein one would never use it outside of said setting.
>>
>>129187229
I can't use airsoft or paintballs to protect myself should the need arise.

If you're looking at it from a needs angle in comparison to alternatives, firearms are actually best for all areas between recreation to personal defense because they properly fulfill all roles well.

Granted, paintball is best as a sport played with others.
>>
>>129189971

because it goes BANG and it gets your adrenaline going
>>
>>129187344
>I don't know what a straw man argument is, but it's been used against me so I'll use it too

Nah son.
>>
>>129190714
I meant airsoft and paintball only for a recreational setting, not for protection.
>>
>>129188128
well in that case please throw all ur kitchen knifes away... if u own a car please give it away.. if i own a lighter please give it away... maybe dont even use electricity since these things can be used to kill as well
>>
>>129190787
Can't argue with that, actually.
>>
Jesus Christ people. A gun's purpose is to injure or kill.. The point is that should be completely irrelevant when it comes to property rights. Owning property that can hurt people if properly utilized is not the same as actually hurting people.

Anti first amendment people have a major contradiction in their thinking in that they believe that only bureaucrats should be allowed to own guns. If there's zero subjectivity (gun = murder and murder = mad), then you can't simultaneously believe that only a specific class of people should be allowed to own guns (bureaucrats). By claiming that only a certain class of people should be allowed to own guns, you're also saying that there's such a thing as responsible gun ownership.
>>
>>129190977
>murder=mad
murder=bad*
>>
>>129190324
>A gun, much like an automated buzz saw, is a tool.

No it isn't. It's a weapon It's purpose is to wound/injure/kill things. A buzzsaw is a tool.

A steak knife is a utensil. A bowie knife is a weapon.A buzzsaw is a tool. A chainsword from WH40k is a weapon. A hammer is a tool, a war hammer is a weapon. A plank of wood is construction material, a wooden mace is a weapon, and a baseball bat is sporting equipment.
>>
>>129190945
well in that case please throw all ur kitchen knifes

Why? They're utensils. It's almost like we have different words to describe different things.
>>
>>129191088
>> is a tool.
>No it isn't.
Job = Kill deer
Tool = ? (Hint: it rhymes with fun)
>>
>>129190573
Guns are a great deterrent in those situations, however. A group would be more likely to attack a female over a male, but give both the male and female victims guns in this same scenario and the assaulting groups would most likely hesitate in similar amounts.

This is assuming similar levels of aptitude at handling a firearm with passable skill, which women are fully capable of doing.
>>
>>129186381
>what is the use
You can light a cigarette with an Ak47 after firing plenty of rounds.
>>
>>129190891
It's still useful in other areas where an airsoft would not be.

It's a smarter purchase purely for a wider range of utility.
>>
>>129191248
arent u a brit ? what was it that happened involving kitchen knifes as weapons... please help out here my short term memory seams to give up on me with all the happenings lately...
>>
>>129186381
>What is a gun's primary function in your opinion
shooting
>>
>>129186381
Fun
Scare cucks
>>
>>129190683
To that I'd offer that private firearm ownership fostered the existence of purely recreational activities and settings. There's good reason Baseball was the world's first professional sport.

Wait, you're asking more along the lines of "What are the primary recreational uses of firearms in the United States?" To that I'd answer target shooting, hunting, competition shooting, colleciton/display, and frightening your daughter's boyfriend.
>>
>>129186381
To shoot people.
>>
>>129191458
It doesn't matter if they can be used as weapons a kitchen knifes primary purpose isn't to injure things which makes it a tool/utensil.

Someone could make the argument that there are guns designed specifically for target shooting, which would make them sporting equipment.
>>
>>129191088
A bow and arrow is a tool for hunting.

A bow and arrow is also a weapon.

These things *can* have multiple classifications.

You wouldn't hunt with a combat knife when you could hunt with a rifle. You would use a hammer to cut a log when you could use a saw.

Proper tools, specialized for use. In firearms, to wound.

Do you personally think the first spears made by man were used to kill game for food, or to kill each other?
>>
>>129191868
>A bow and arrow is a tool for hunting.

No it is a weapon.
>>
>>129191683
ur missing the point that a person that wants to harm always finds a way... with a gun or without it...
>>
>>129191557
No, my question was why anyone would practice target shooting if they never planned on using a gun to defend themselves, i e. Only for fun.

As the Canadian answered, for the adrenaline kick. And I can't argue that.
>>
>>129192015
Their intention doesn't change the primary function of the object.

A brick is construction material. If i hit you over the head with it i use it as a weapon but it is still just a brick or construction material, it isn't made for the purpose of injuring someone/something which is the difference between a tool,utensil,sporting equipment, construction material, and a weapon.
>>
>>129186381

It's function is to do whatever the user needs it to do within the range of its capabilities.

Overwhelmingly guns are used to deter violent crime or defend oneself in the event that deterrence fails. They are also overwhelmingly used for hunting and recreational target shooting. They also function as deterrents of abusive centralized authority and protect the right of the people to revolution.

A small minority are used in the commission of violent crimes while at least ten times as many detet violent crimes.
>>
>>129186381
OP, learn the difference between function and intent
A gun's function is to facilitate the discharge of explosively-propelled ammunition. The intent of such a discharge is entirely contextual
>>
I do believe they're for killing, but since they're out there in the world and there's no putting that genie back in the bottle it's important to be able to use one in self-defence
>>
>>129186381
Firearms are tools that are designed and manufactured for the intended purpose of killing. That said, killing takes many forms. Stepping on an ant or chopping down a tree are acts of killing. Meanwhile guns most often kill little bits of paper.
>>
File: McDonalds sells shitty burgers.jpg (175KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds sells shitty burgers.jpg
175KB, 1600x1067px
>>129192219
Ah I understand now. Yeah shooting with friends or family is one hell of a hoot. I also find practice with firearms to be a duty among gun-owners. Accuracy becomes exponentially more important in densely populated areas. Bullets fly until they hit. Missing is dangerous.
>>
>>129186381
its "primary function" is exactly the same as a cat's 4 big corner teeth: to put a hole in something to kill it quickly while minimizing the amount of risk of injury to the operator.

a cat's teeth have the secondary functions of being used for defense in cat to cat fighting, and for most cats who are fed cat food the only use they ever have is as an intimidation display.

Likewise, most firearms that are manufactured probably do not ever fulfill their "primary function" even once.
>>
>>129186381
The singular function of a gun is to project a piece of metal at several thousand miles per hour.
>>
>>129192843
That's the function, not the purpose. What is the purpose of firing a piece of metal at several thousand miles per hour?
>>
A gun is both a weapon and recreational too.

Sports shooting is so common that most gun users use it for just that.
>>
>>129192966
To shoot targets with extreme accuracy.
>>
>>129186381
>What is a gun's primary function in your opinion
To secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.
>>
Investment, i always make money buying and selling guns.

Also fun, i shoot with my daughters and wife three times a week.
>>
>>129186381
A gun is similar to a legal agreement in that its primary purpose is NOT to be used. Think about legal contracts then apply to apply to guns.
A legal contract will set out the nature of a transaction - identify the parties, describe the respective undertakings and responsibilities of each party, also the respective benefits to acrue to each party. After it has been drafted and signed it is then locked in a safe and with any locu need never to taken from that safe. A successful is one where the contract is NEVER invoked. As soon as a contractual clause is exercised it has failed its primary function.

In the same manner a gun is something that has been made explicitly NOT to be used. No sane person walks into a gun shop and says " I have someone in mind that I would like to kill". Its only when a gun has been fired that has ceased to function properly.
>>
>>129193091

And what is the purpose of doing it accurately?
>>
>>129193423
Again, that's your intention. Not it's purpose.
>>
>>129186381
It is a tool
>>
>>129186381
Of course they're for killing, that's the fucking point.

Tell an intruder to leave your house without a gun, lol who cares, he has no reason to listen to you.

Tell an intruder to leave your house with an instrument pointed in his face that shoots hot pieces of metal that move very fucking fast, he now has a reason to consider your demands.
>>
>>129186381

>lessons on firearms and their uses from british people

might as well ask an Australian how to build an igloo
>>
>>129194512
I am asking anyone on this board, from Americans to Malaysians.
>>
>>129194512
>>lessons on firearms and their uses from british people

Funnily enough we are conversing in English and talking about the meaning of words to describe objects so technically we're taking lessons on English from Americans.

You don't need to own a gun to understand what it's purpose is. I don't own a plane but i know its purpose is transportation. I could buy one and fly it into your house and i would be using it as a weapon but it's still only a vehicle.
>>
>>129191088
Bowie knives are tools
>>
>>129186381
>What do other Americans, and other countries think?

the gun is the great equalizer of physical violence, before the firearm the largest brute on the block always had control of the fear of the public, because of the firearm anyone could take the upper hand in a violent physical confrontation

thus is makes humans more equal when it comes to matter of violent physical altercation
>>
>>129187229
Why drink anything other than water?
>>
>>129193843
>wikitionary
>Noun, purpose
>Entry.2: A result that is desired; an intention.

Wouldn't you say that the intention of the user defines the purpose of the object ?
>>
>>129188077
>But hunting necessitates that something is killed,

not really, we hunt things to tag and release for study as well, we also hunt and track to find resources
>>
>>129195100

if you don't have access to clean water you'll get sick and die
>>
>>129186381
A gun has only one purpose and that is to kill people.
>>
>>129195100
>Wouldn't you say that the intention of the user defines the purpose of the object ?

No that would be the intent of the person who designed it that defines its purpose. Which was why i mentioned guns specifically designed for target shooting being sporting equipment.
>>
>>129186381
Your friend's primary claim is the only one that matters. People need to stop politicizing objects
>>
>>129195438
Says who ?
Who defines the purpose of a particular firearm ? The inventor ? the manufacturer ? the vendor ? the owner ?
>>
>>129186381
To put holes in things it's pointed at
>>
>>129195558
So if i design an AR-15 while claiming that it is only for target shooting, then it is no longer for killing people?
>>
>>129195667
Guns were made to kill people. Do they have any other purpose? No.

I don't even mean that in a bad way. I have nothing against guns or gun owners. I'm just being sincere.
>>
>BUT IT'S SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO KILL
And spoons are specifically designed to make you fat.
>>
To kill things with safety relative to its portability.

I would never, ever use a gun to intimidate. If it's time to fire, it's time to fire, otherwise, I don't even want people to know what I do or do not have.
>>
>>129186381
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>129195558
Alright, listen here you limey cunt, read this >>129188874 and then recognize that your problems with hostile immigrants and unreasonable tyranny stem forth from your disarmament
>>
>>129196017

> A gun can't be used to kill animals

t. Ali Baba
>>
>>129195883

it would depend on your intent wouldn't it? If your intent was to develop a gun that would you could pass off as sporting equipment but whose purpose was still to be used as a weapon you haven't changed it's purpose have you? all you've done is conceal it.

If you actually made a rifle for target shooting then that's what you've made and it's purpose wouldn't be for use as a weapon.
>>
>>129196017
If i take my gun to the range, I have a personal purpose for it that isn't killing.
Have I been using my guns wrong the whole time ?
>>
>>129186381
To put holes in things.
>>
>>129196216
I get that, but how can we guess the intent of John Browning ?
>>
>>129195350
even when you have acces to clear water, youre sitll going to die you dummy :^))
>>
>>129196214
Animals tend to be small and fast. I'd probably use a rifle for that purpose.

>>129196278
For shooting cardboard, you could also use an air rifle.
>>
>>129196216
>still used as a weapon
Are you saying that sporter guns are not used as weapons ? they still fire bullets, don't they ?
>>
to evaluate the purpose of an object you have to evaluate its intent. Is the purpose of a hammer to smash things? or is it sometimes to kill, sometimes to build a house, sometimes to break something, etc.

A gun is the same way. Sometimes it is for sport, to feed your family, sometimes to protect your property, pets, or self/family, sometimes it is to pull of a bank heist. it's a tool it can be used for many things.
>>
>>129196515
Then you admit they have other purposes other than killing ?
>>
To stab things. A bullet shot is just a really long and fast rapier thrust.
Really makes you duel.
>>
>>129196515
>you could also use an air rifle.

Those aren't fun to shoot.
>>
>>129196676
keked
>>
>>129186381
A gun is a weapon. It serves the purpose of being a weapon.
>>
>>129196515

you're going to hit a steel target at 1k yards with an air rifle?
>>
>>129196515

And a rifle is a gun, Ali Baba.
>>
>>129187229
I'm not a shooter myself, but I always thought, that it's the thrill of the force unleashed (TM) by the gunpowder, the sound and the recoil. You know...in a way of an amusment park ride
>>
>>129196385
We don't really need to guess his intent because everyone knows guns are considered weapons with a few exceptions that have developed around sport shooting.
>>
File: 1400331614326.png (4KB, 222x211px) Image search: [Google]
1400331614326.png
4KB, 222x211px
>>129196640
Here I'd like to use the English equivalent of the word "zweckentfremdet".

And again, I don't mean to criticize. I just think they were invented for killing and through their history have always been designed to make killing easy.

I admit I'd like one for myself in case I run into some muslims who try to rob and kill me.
>>
>>129187229
Because I'm not a pussy
>>
>>129186381
It's primary use is to stop a threat. If they die during my stopping of their threat that's on them. I'm not trying to kill them. I'm trying to stop a threat of death or great bodily harm to myself or a third party.
>>
>>129196942
We absolutely need to guess his intent according to you. Because
>the person who designed defines its purpose
>>
I use it to turn off lights, making my kids go to sleep and paying for groceries.
Very handy tool, don't know how we lived without it for so long
>>
I would say that it's primary function is ensuring the safety of you and those around you, be it with lethal force or otherwise.

On the other side, there are many other people who use them specifically for target shooting and stress relief. It's very relieving to know that you hold in your hand one of the few things that makes everyone equal, regardless of race, religion, etc.

Ultimately it comes down to the way you want to use it. Are you going to try to run around and Columbine people, or use it to sling rounds down range?

The appeal though is the feeling you get from shooting. It's this adrenaline rush of endorphins when you first pick up a weapon. I haven't been to combat, but from what people have told me, it's a high that they can't hardly ever achieve.
>>
>>129197344

honestly though, how long did humans exist without weapons?
>>
>>129196958
No problem, dude. I am worried precisely because people are saying that "guns are for killing" here in Switzerland. They are not in this country and I would hate to see the swiss gun culture die.
>>
>>129197428
>weapons
probably never, cause sharp rocks can be found on the ground, and blunt rocks are just as good.
>>
>>129197344
reminds of one of the new south park episodes.exceptionally good compared to the rest of the new ones. well referenced
>>
>>129186381
A gun is for the application of high-speed lead to a target. I hope and pray that this will only ever mean target shooting and hunting.
>>
>>129186381
To propel bullets in a certain direction with a certain amount of power.
>>
>>129197127

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_52
>>
>>129186381
>What is a gun's primary function in your opinion, /pol/?

making lefties cry
>>
File: Olympics double trap finals.jpg (116KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
Olympics double trap finals.jpg
116KB, 1200x798px
>>129186381
There are an estimated 300 million guns in America and there are an average of 13,000 gun related murders a year in America.
There are 263 million cars in the US there are an average of 33,000 vehicular deaths a year in America.
So is killing the primary function of cars?
The vast majority of guns purchased are for recreational shooting.
>>
>>129187229
Because it's a nice thrill.

t. someone who has a gun license.

Hopefully we will quickly adapt American or at least Russian style gun laws and castle law.

Russia legalized private gun ownership as long as you get police apporval after filing in a psychological test.
I'm not sure about it but they do seem to have open carry and castle laws as well.
>>
>>129197905
Nice rifle.
What if i shoot someone with it though ?
>>
>>129198035

and a fraction of those murders are multiple homicides meaning the same gun was used for more than one killing. Seems like a pretty ineffective killing tool, wonder why so many people buy them.
>>
>>129197905
And btw, our k31 were used by the military but are now very popular in target shooting. Wouldn't you say that the purpose of an object can change ?
>>
>>129198243
It's like asking what if you hit someone with a baseball bat. You're using it as a weapon but it isn't its purpose.
>>
>>129198470
well if you didn't change the design it would still be a weapon wouldn't it? you're just using it for something else that it wasn't intended for. It might work, it might even be really good at it but that's not its purpose.
>>
>>129198158
I vote for the American way.
>>
A guns primary purpose is to convert potential chemical energy to kinetic and introduce excess and disruptive forms of that energy to another mass.
>>
For all you idiots taking the bait here dont be stupid. Guns are guns. The primary use in USA is to deter the federal government from tyrannical over reaches. Think of them as a deterrent.

Now dont go talking about this or people will think you are crazy because they have lost the ability to be reasonable and do not realize why the second amendment is so important to this country. People that own guns dont even think about this. They just like to go to the range and plink targets and that is the primary use. Nobody even thinks about using them to kill people.
>>
>>129198754
Yes, that is why i think the question of purpose is irrelevant. We use our guns not to shoot people here in Switzerland. We have no problem with guns. So as long as it stays that way, i don't care about the purpose of so and so.
And as a guy said in television here: it's about trust between the state and it's citizens.
>>
>>129198783
Our country needs to go ful Burger.
For that reason we need to get rid of all socialists in politics.
We voted for capitalism over 27 years ago.
We still didn't transition to it properly.
>>
>>129186381
to me the function of a gun differs
a soldier has a gun to kill with
a hobbyist has it for fun
a pro has it for target shooting
anyone can have one for self defence
and so on
>>
File: pkjp.jpg (82KB, 638x532px) Image search: [Google]
pkjp.jpg
82KB, 638x532px
>>129186381
to use in the coming crusades, to save the west's people and way of life.
>>
It's for fun. Also to flex an individual's or pack of individual's power. Key to power.
>>
>>129199040
>Yes, that is why i think the question of purpose is irrelevant

It isn't irrelevant. Someone asked what their primary purpose is. Their primary purpose is to deliver a projectile to a target with the purpose of inflicing harm or injury to it, with the exception of sports firearms which are designed to shoot targets.
>>
>>129191458
Lol I +1 this
>>
Guns are long range hole punchers, that's it, however you decide to use that power is up to you.
>>
>>129192249
T.strawmans
>>
A gun, just like a knife is a tool. How it's used is up to the operator.
>>
depends what kinda gun?
Handgun- self preservation mostly
Rifle- self preservation, game hunting
shotgun- self preservation, game hunting
Barrett 50 bmg- long distance big game hunting, long distance terrorist hunting, small ant aircraft, if your neighbors house is being robbed your 3 streets away & he's hiding behind the fridge!
>>
>>129199709
>Their primary purpose is to deliver a projectile to a target with the purpose of inflicing harm or injury to it
Define target.
>>
Question for /pol/, pro gun by the way. How would an armed citizenry defend itself and insert their power when the government employed technology that seems like magic like that of 9/11 and never seen before along with brutality? Would the minutemen and viet Cong even stand a chance? By the way I myself think so but it's an interesting thought.
>>
File: 1480362100502.jpg (48KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480362100502.jpg
48KB, 480x400px
Primary function of a gun is to fight your way to a rifle or larger weapon.
>>
>>129186381
>fun
>easily done with alternatives (airsoft, paintball, etc.)
You've never shot an actual gun have you?
>>
File: guns compensating.jpg (125KB, 682x800px) Image search: [Google]
guns compensating.jpg
125KB, 682x800px
The primary utility of a gun is reliable, equalizing stopping power. It's the power to stop a target. Killing is secondary. Killing is the goal of hunting, murder, and war. Killing is often not the goal of defending oneself but necessary by virtue of incidentally stopping. Guns are vital because they're cheap mechanical (non-electric) instruments that equalize force. Guns put stopping power into the hands of all ages and strengths. Good people who would have been thoroughly dominated by the brutality of individuals and hordes of thugs, for the first time in relative modern human history, now have a chance to survive and defend their lives, families, communities, and territories. Guns in the hands of the people en mass is the largest, wisest roadblock to tyrants big and small.

What is a wheel's primary function?
>>
>>129200390
Geert Wilders SHALL RETURN!
>>
File: 1493925209591.jpg (240KB, 1656x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1493925209591.jpg
240KB, 1656x1009px
Why are women afraid of guns, especially European women? The females over on the cislesbian general on lgbt are bitchin' about how guns are not necessary and the root of all evil. It's fucking hilarious. While they despite gun ownership then support the refugees coming to Europe. They love getting cucked and fucked by refugees despite being "lesbians" but God help them if guns are legal there.
>>
>>129199079
It didn't transition period. We are less capitalist now than back in Yugoslavia. Back then we had factories and exports, we need that shit now post-fucking haste.
>>
>>129186381
Primary function? To kill. They were made to make soldiers more efficient killers in war.

What they're usually used for by citizens is target shooting.
>>
>>129200787
They are followers, that's why women are not invited to the men's table to talk about politics. They don't think, they feel and are only guided by pathos.
>>
>>129201034
Let's go a step further. What if everyone agrees that their function is to kill people (i don't).
Then what ? We ban the military rifles and keep the sporterized guns ? Even though sporterized guns can be still be used to kill people?
>>
>>129200239
inanimate or living targets. You can't inflict harm or injury to an object.
>>
>>129201582
Nobody is talking about banning them. Someone just asked what their primary purpose is.
>>
>>129201694
Freedom, there purpose is for the defense.
>>
>>129186381
A gun is meant to protect you in a worst-case scenario when you have to defend yourself and/or others. Not to mention that guns are also fun and all that.
>>
>>129186381
What a fucking terrible argument you stupid croat.
>>
>>129186381

>shoot pieces of lead at high velocity

This is a gun's only function. Everything else is the result of the specific intentions of the wielder.
>>
>>129201825
That's not their purpose it's what you're using it for, you can use a spoon for freedom if you're in jail and dig a tunnel but it's still a utensil. Most guns are weapons, and their purpose is to inflict harm.

If you want to own one great but it doesn't stop being a weapon because you haven't killed or hurt anyone with it
>>
>>129201694
Oh but alot of people are talking about banning them, just not in this image board. You made your point about purpose and I think it is 1) wrong and 2) really damaging to gun owners around the golbe.
But we are running in circles now. Thanks for the civil chat.
>>
>>129202031
OP is autistic.
>>
>>129200324

looks safe
>>
>>129202161
Yes, like spoons and folks are used for eating so too are guns used to inflict harm but it's purpose is for defense, or offense. What is a knife's purpose, to cut the veggies or to go on a kill streak?
>>
>>129186381

I'm a luger collector. I collect lugers because of the history. Not to kill, not for self defense...but for their past
>>
>>129186381
If you want to start banning things for their primary purpose, ban rat poison. All it does is kill. It's easy to buy. No wait time. Not even locked up in stores.
>>
>>129186813
>>129187162
Yes, it is used beyond the reason for which it has been designed, just like a car is made for transporting you from a place to another and not be used to race around a circuit.
>>129187281
No, this is the process thru which it generates the effect for which it has been created - to make living beings dead.
>>
>>129186381
Their primary function is to kill. Plain and simple, but that's not necessarily a bad thing; weapons will always exist and be upgraded in order to kill more efficiently. You can say that citizens should be allowed to have guns in case we need to defend our country or ourselves from niggers and muslims, and that they are built for the one and only purpose of killing. You can't just put your fingers in your ears and pretend guns are built just for intimidation and self defense. They are weapons, and like all weapons, they are just tools. These particular tools are designed to kill people. Personally, I don't want a gun, because I never want to kill anyone for any reason, and I view them as the weapon of criminals, niggers and cowards, but I still think they should still be a thing that's legal to own for other people
>>
>>129186381
A Greek Orthodox priest made the point to me that the philosophy of a gun, the idea behind it and of it is to kill and inflict harm. No Christian needs a gun. I agree, but that's a personal decision based upon the religious radicalism of the gospel, like the extreme pacifism of some Anabaptist sects. It's not a legal, binding decree as there can be no Christian government or society, as the Christian Kingdom is not of this world

Contemporary "leftist" types basically hold a materialistic form of Christian ethics and believe in a future worldly utopia. They should just be Christians if they want to be Christians and layoff
>>
>>129187229
how do you train with the gun youre suppose to defend your life with
>>
>>129202530
Damn dude, nice. I was going to inherit a WW1 German officer's lugar from my dad but my great great uncle lived in a trailer park and it got stolen, gonna get a couple of mausers tho that work and are nice. And lots of German helmets. Also a Lugar's price has skyrocketed so congrats on the investment.
>>
>>129201416
This.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ternps0JFwo

Back in the 50s we only had to explain this to hysterical women, which just shows how soft the west has become since.
>>
>>129198158
is it actually hard to get gun license here?
>>
>>129186381
A gun's primary function is the same as that of a drill--to put holes in things. Ban high-capacity assault drills.
>>
File: jbp2.jpg (251KB, 1000x1563px) Image search: [Google]
jbp2.jpg
251KB, 1000x1563px
>>129199155
>>
>>129202508

You can't defend yourself with a gun without inflicting harm, that is its purpose, a spoons purpose is to eat food.

If i stab someone with a spoon it doesn't mean all spoons are weapons. It means i used one as a weapon but all guns (most, with the exception of sport guns) are weapons and just because you haven't shot an animal or a person with it doesn't mean it isn't a weapon.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170609-102151.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170609-102151.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>129202770
Damn bro that's gay af. Original lugers from people that brought them back are the best to have. Sorry to hear about that

Also, it's lugEr and not lugAr. I just purchased a 1918 luger and I love it. I also habe a Mauser rifle
>>
File: PX9151LP_1200x7821.png (778KB, 1200x782px) Image search: [Google]
PX9151LP_1200x7821.png
778KB, 1200x782px
Guns are the most effective modern form of lethal force. Yes they are designed to kill. Now the question is, do you want the government/police to have the monopoly on lethal force?
>>
>>129203123
Then you're argument falls short because all objects can be used to inflict harm or damage with some exceptions.
>>
>>129203307
It doesn't because a weapon isn't a weapon because it can be used to inflict harm, it's a weapon if it is designed to inflict harm.
>>
>>129187281
Nice .gif.
>>
>>129203141
Can't complain much tho, the 2 mauser rifles that I'll inherit are great and work and I have a lot of ammo. I have like 10 German helmets some are camo, so distribute to the militia when needed. The value of that lugar other than being in the family which is priceless would probably been around 1500's, guessing of course.
>>
Multi-purpose:
Killing things
Starting Races
Rhetorical Measures
>>
>>129186381
Killing things. Sometimes I need something to be dead and I need it to happen in a quick manner that minimises harm to myself.
I also like my ducks to be dead when I eat them, and a shotgun is a cost effective, easy way to make them dead.

I shoot sports (IPSC, Skeet, Sporting clays etc) at least twice a week, but I only need to kill something once in a blue moon (not counting hunting).
>>
File: sleeping-at-work-level-asian.jpg (57KB, 376x1012px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping-at-work-level-asian.jpg
57KB, 376x1012px
>>129200324
I can't think of anything that would give me a bigger rager than having a brawd blow me while I used her as a bipod.
>>
>>129203455
So what is a knife or an axe designed for, rhetorical question.
>>
>>129203702
What kind of knife and what kind of axe? A steak knife is a utensil and a logging axe is a tool.
>>
>>129186381
I think you're a fag.
>>
>>129203765
Any kind of knife and any kind of axe, be it dull or sharp, if some maniac wakes up and wants those tools to inflict harm or damage, it will do it's purpose, to inflict harm and damage.
>>
File: mandella.jpg (17KB, 236x244px) Image search: [Google]
mandella.jpg
17KB, 236x244px
The primary function of a gun for anyone who has to ask is a device you should use when you feel constipated.Stick it in your rear pull trigger and no more worries matey-o
>>
>>129186381
your texan friend is absolutely right
>>
>>129203944
No it wont. A steak knifes purpose is for cutting steak and a logging axe's purpose is for chopping trees/lumber just because you can hurt someone with it doesn't make them weapons, it means you can use it as a weapon but it's not their purpose.

I don't know why people are so reluctant to acknowledge what a gun is and what its purpose is for. If you're responsible with them what's the problem? You should respect what it is and what they're meant for instead of trying to redefine it as a "tool for freedom"
>>
>>129203578
Nice man, any helmets for sale? Always wanted one. Got pix of the Mauser? Yeah the lugEr is worth around that, depending on condition. Could be worth more if it had something else rare about it
>>
>>129186381
Guns are tools. You can use them for a lot of things.
They're most effective at killing. I've killed maimed and predatory animals, and I carry it for predatory humans.
>>
File: targetpistol.jpg (11KB, 380x252px) Image search: [Google]
targetpistol.jpg
11KB, 380x252px
a 'gun' is too wide of a generalization. That's like saying hammers are used to drive nails into objects. Who uses sledgehammers to drive in finishing nails on a door frame?

Pic related: no one is using one of these for home defence or ccw in order to kill people.
>>
>>129204313
So let's say I wanted to go out and inflict harm and damage, knife axe gun will all do the trick, it's purpose. I can even say a pacifist could use a gun for target practice, no harm there. Also guns can either be used as a tool for freedom or a tool for oppression, that is a fact.
>>
>>129204394
Actually yes, I would have to take some pics of the helmets and upload them but yeah. I had them appraised once for around 500 dollars. But I could give you a big discount. The mausers are not for sale tho, I love them too much. I have to go to work in 10 minutes so get some info to stay in contact. Online of course with anonymity.
>>
>>129186381
Protect your sovereignty.
>>
>>129204784
You're mixing up your intention with what the object is designed for. You can kill someone with a tennis racket but it doesn't mean all tennis rackets are weapons. With the exception of sport guns, a gun is always a weapon, it doesn't stop being a weapon because it's locked away in a safe.
>>
>>129186381
Shooting things. Its much better and more fun than stabbing things
>>
>>129205324
>You can kill someone with a tennis racket but it doesn't mean all tennis rackets are weapons
It was used as a weapon
>a gun is always a weapon
Even target practice?
>>
>>129205324
So what's the purpose of a military knife, it's designed for combat. What's the diffence between a kitchen knife and a combat knife, aesthetics and quality, both can be used for harm. Purpose and intention does matter, intention is what makes a plan go into action. Insert gun or knife in tennis racket and you have my argument.
>>
>>129186381
It's primary function is to kill croations who ask stupid fucking questions.
>>
>>129205663
>Even target practice?

Yes. A tennis racket doesn't stop being sports equipment just because you're beating someone to death with it, you're just using it as a weapon but a gun doesn't stop being a weapon just because you're having fun plinking at targets.
>>
File: 1687.gif (2MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1687.gif
2MB, 288x288px
>>129186381
>>
>>129205976
Intention matters. That's why you brits can't defend yourselves even your police if Mo wants to have a nice day driving a truck or melee killstreak.
>>
>>129200288
If you're talking about civil war against the government a huge majority of the military would be on the people's side, along with many government agents. Requesting the greentext of the guy explaining all of this who worked with the government getting statistics for this type of event.
>>
>>129205031
Cool yo, uhh post in ad on lugerforum.com and I'll get in contact with you then
>>
>>129205976
What >>129206204 said
>>
>>129206245
It seems or probably right the majority would be against a tyrannical government but society has been conditioned to obey and ignore. And when I mean technology that seems like magic and the harshest brutality I mean it. Personally I think the citizenry would win but it's interesting to think about the numbers and the consequences.
>>
File: gun concealed holster woman.jpg (45KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
gun concealed holster woman.jpg
45KB, 500x700px
>>129200787
>Why
Jewish-controlled leftist media promotes subservience throuh a parallel construction of reality where anti-factual interpretations are promoted as gentile sophistication. There's no getting around that. It's a root cause. Communist engineering glorifies weakness disguised as peace. It isn't peace. It's temporary bliss through ignorance. That's a recipe for insecurity and enslavement.

European men and women are products of several generations of that engineering. They're born in a lap of luxury. Raised by communist culture, they were taught to fear guns. They became reliant on outside security. They grew up in big cities. Families spread apart. Submission became a warm blanket. Guns were no longer sacred. Parents born of toxicity currently teach their kids to fear what they themselves fear in ignorance. Does the world care about their ignorance? No. The world is cold. Yet they fear the heat. They're more unprepared than any western generation in history.

Chaos will come domestically and worldwide. Survivors will again learn why guns are sacred instruments of their salvation.
>>
>>129206204
>Intention matters

Your intention matters if something not designed as a weapon is used as a weapon.

Like trucks, they're vehicles, designed to transport things but Mo seems to like to use them as a weapon but they're still vehicles.

Just because you plink at targets doesn't mean your gun is a tool, it's a weapon.
>>
>>129187344
>primary uses

Lmao you don't realize how dumb you are. I haven't shot a person and have been using my guns recreationally for years. That would make my guns primary use, recreational shooting.

lmao nigga, like do you not think there weren't archery competitions or people who just like to practice with their bow long before there were even firearms?

You the biggest cuck of the week and it's Friday.
>>
>>129206328
Alrighty then, probably post tonight after work, hopefully we can work something out, perhaps a trade. Virginian btw.
>>
>>129206693

Your primary use for a thing and it's primary purpose are two different things. You could brush your teeth with a broom that doesn't mean a brooms primary purpose is for brushing your teeth.
>>
>>129206789
Way up in MI. Won't trade my guns tho ;) just post in the for sale section with your info and I'll grab it there
>>
>>129186381
A guns primary function is to kill those who mean you harm.
>>
>>129186381
It's a tool. I have used one for everything from shooting air holes in burn barrels to shooting off a rusty lock that was frozen up. Few tools have the kind of versatility a firearm has.
>>
>>129186381
A gun is designed to shoot bullets.
99.99999999999% of civilian bullets fired are not intended to kill.

#notallbullets
>>
>>129206925
I'll add that other activities with guns are designed to prepare you for that moment while also being recreation.

Not difficult, liberals talk a mountain out of a molehill on simple shit like this. Fucking word warriors.
>>
>>129206668
You keep on going in circles, it's like saying just because a gun is designed for deer hunting doesn't mean it's designed for people hunting, or just because a car is designed for driving doesn't mean it's designed to drive on sidewalks. It's the individual that makes the purpose of the tool with the intention.
>>
>>129206859
Yeah but that anon said
>primary use

Did he ask you to help move the goalpost with him?
>>
I have an answer for you:
Fuck off. If you or the government try to take my guns I will fight to the death trying to kill you with my guns
>>
>>129207059
>You keep on going in circles, it's like saying just because a gun is designed for deer hunting doesn't mean it's designed for people hunting,

I'm not going in circles. A gun designed for deer hunting is a weapon, a gun designed for self defence is a weapon, a target gun is sports equipment.
>>
File: the farmer vs. the marxist.jpg (86KB, 704x764px) Image search: [Google]
the farmer vs. the marxist.jpg
86KB, 704x764px
>>129203296
It's worth a mention the fact that government can't realistically have a monopoly on force like utopic leftists pretend, only a monopoly on "legal" force. Competing criminal networks and lone vicious animals are always willing to use force and they will always exist irrespective of the law to prey upon the lawfully defenseless.
>>
>>129207252
A kitchen knife designed for veggies and fruits, a combat knife designed for killing, see what I mean?
>>
>>129207462
Yet you can do both with both.
>>
>>129186381
>>129205793
>>
>>129207462
Not really. they both have different functions, which is what the OP is asking. A guns primary function is to inflict harm, unless its a target gun and i don't think he was asking about those but i mentioned them anyway
>>
>>129186982
Top kek. It´s true.
>>
>>129207252
A deer hunting rifle can be a target gun...it's all about intention.
>>
To shoot things.

Targets, glass bottles, tin cans, old TV's, animals (food/euthanasia), dangerous people, whatever.

Just another tool in the toolbox...
>>
>>129207571
Yet you can use the gun for deer hunting target practice for tyranny for freedom, it's what you make it to be, same for the knife, for veggies or for people, driving cars, for driving or mowing.
>>
>>129189551
A sledgehammer and a war hammer could often be used interchangeably. In the military, we had breaching kits (in my MOS) that included what we called a hooligan tool. It was a sledgehammer/crowbar/pickaxe. It's purpose was to open doors and whatnot, but it could be used in a variety of situations. Very few tools have only one purpose. Just one they excel at.
>>
>>129207645
Read>>129196993
This is the only answer and nobody has touched it.
>>
>>129207801
Yes the intention of what it was designed for not what you use it for. If you brush your teeth with a broom it isn't a toothbrush.
>>
>>129207830
My point friendo. Intent is 90% of the law
>>
File: IMG_2914.jpg (145KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2914.jpg
145KB, 1024x683px
>>129186381

To kill thieving niggers and corrupt government officials.

Any other use is degeneracy.
>>
>>129207843
I know but you would use the sledehammer as a weapon, the warhammer already is a weapon, that is what it is designed for.
>>
Yes, a target gun is designed for a specific sport. Those Olympic .22lr rifles and pistols and other competition sport specific guns can hardly be called weapons, even if they are notionally lethal.

In general, a gun is designed to kill and there is nothing wrong with that. Sporting is secondary. You can shoot clay pigeons and hunt rabbits with a tactical riot shotgun but it doesn't mean such a shotgun was intended for that.

.22lr was designed as a recreational round, but it can kill too. A screwdriver was designed to work fasteners, it can be used to kill.

Self-defense is a legitimate use of a firearm, especially in countries with thin policing such as the USA or Brazil.
>>
>>129207940
Intent is a human trait. Not a trait of inanimate objects. What an item is or is not is all up to the end user.
>>
>>129207954
Our friend from Britain has forgotten long ago what it means to be free and prideful.
>>
>>129186381
To kill things
>>
>>129186381
Anyone who is honest with themselves and others about firearms will say that the primary function of a firearm is to kill.

t. gun loving amerifat
>>
>>129186381
A gun for me means I can save thousands of dollars a year on meat, I can protect myself and my family as well. It's a tool that I use. The first Elk I shot, my rifle paid for itself.
>>
>>129186381
Deterrence and ballistic qualities.
>>
>>129207940
That's a horrible analogy.
>>
>>129208131
Yes the trait of the person who designed the thing and what they intend its purpose to be.
>>
>>129208226
What's the primary function of a knife then, to stab or to slice people or veggies.
>>
>>129186381

It's to kill.

Which is exactly why everyone should have one, not just a select few.
>>
>>129208380
What kind of knife? a steak knife? dessert knife? butter knife or a commando dagger?

I'll give you a hint, they can all be used AS weapons but only one of them is a weapon.
>>
>>129208357
>.Jiff
Whoever designed it doesn't necessarily get to be the last word on how people use it afterwards.
>>
>>129208226

It's primary function is to kill, and that's not a bad thing. It's a neutral thing

Hell a swords primary function is to kill and Jesus said both "I did not come to bring peace but a sword" and "sell your cloaks and buy a sword". Context is causing divisions and self defense
>>
>>129208558
>commando dagger
Better bin that wew lad
>>
>>129186381
Protecting decent people from feral niggers.
>>
From long ago humans have tried to exert influence over some territory, person, object or animal. Execution of a threat is the downside of not confirming to the influence of another person.
After a while people discovered that you can construct tools to increase the (spacial) range of your influence; first by throwing rocks, later by using a bow. Guns are nothing more than tools of increased efficiency compared to earlier models.

So the function of a gun is to have influence over some area. The purpose of a gun is not to kill, for in many situations, the threat is stronger than the execution. You won't get anyone to listen by killing them, you do by threatening them.
>>
>>129186381
A firearm propels a dense slug to of metal at a high velocity into a controlled direction and velocity on demand.

How you use a speeding bullet is your choice.
>>
>>129208558
Either nothing is inherently a weapon or everything is a potential weapon. You are drawing arbitrary lines in the sand.

Terrorists seem to think of trucks as weapons. You probably don't. Seems to work well enough for them, though. Who is right?
>>
File: BernieBabyNeverRed.jpg (97KB, 500x595px) Image search: [Google]
BernieBabyNeverRed.jpg
97KB, 500x595px
>>129206693
I've won many archery competitions, but have never killed a living thing with a bow and arrow. I should get on that.
>>
>>129208558
All knifes are weapons, even that lame butterknife designed so dully to cut butter. You just don't want to admit it because there goes you're argument. That's what Mo figured out, and since then ISIS has been giving how to videos saying which knives are better even the kitchen knives and how to be most effective. I've seen it anon, those kitchen knives do the trick when assassinating someone.
>>
>>129186381
It's a weapon. It's to hurt things.
What a stupid question.
>>
>>129208380

>splitting hairs this thin

one's a knife and the other is a firearm.

firearms were/are designed with the ability to kill reliably first and foremost.

even if you put a fancy stock on it and say it's only used for putting holes in paper, its primary design intent was to put holes in people/animals at one point.
>>
File: IMG_9862.jpg (300KB, 575x1237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9862.jpg
300KB, 575x1237px
Lysol was originally invented as a douche product. From now on when you dust you're douching your living room.
>>
its used for taking responsibility for your own safety
>>
>>129209228
Yes, but wasn't the knife from it's very inception designed to hunt? Splitting hairs of course. Alrighty anons, had a blast on this thread, but got to go to work to carry people's golf bags on the course. Cheers.
>>
>>129208673

exactly. the history channel got it right with the opening of "tales of the gun":

"The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention which has been praised and denounced, served hero and villain alike, and carries with it moral responsibility."
>>
>>129186381
A gun's purpose used to be to kill. Nowadays, most guns are so poorly designed that their only purpose is to sell and make money for gun companies. Most gun customers have never been in a fight, so they don't know how to select a proper weapon.
>>
>>129186381
Beta booster(tm)
>>
>>129186381
I think it's a weapon.
>>
>>129209541

no idea what its original purpose was. might have been used to cut up fruit for all we know.

we know why guns were invented though.
>>
>>129189519
Invite niggers and sandniggers to your community. They will destroy you with violence with or without guns.
>>
>>129209073
>All knifes are weapons,

What you mean to say is they can all be used as weapons but so can an eggcup and that doesn't mean eggcups are weapons.
>>
File: StoreRobberslovetheirmothers.jpg (118KB, 622x829px) Image search: [Google]
StoreRobberslovetheirmothers.jpg
118KB, 622x829px
>>129209273
God damn that was a better time for men. Nowadays most men are more effeminate than women.
>>
>>129186381
Aristophane's chorus in 'Wasps' during the classical period of Athens:

>There are drones sitting among us; they have no stinger. They stay at home and eat our crop of tribute without toiling for it. It is very galling for us, if some draft dodger gulps down our pay when he's never had an oar or spear or a blister in his hand on behalf of this country. No, I think in the future any citizen who doesn't have his stinger should not be paid three obols.

Basically, you own a stinger and you are a man, or you are not.
>>
>>129187229
komunjaro kakva su to pitanja
>>
>>129186381
It's to kill people.
>>
>>129210520
doesn't make it a bad thing also not just for people
>>
>>129186381
>from Texas, if it makes any difference
your friend is awesome.
Texas is best.
>>
>>129188128

It's purpose depends on who you are and why you're using it. If you are military, then yes it's purpose is to kill things. For me personally, my guns' purpose is home defense, recreational shooting, deterrence and hunting, in that order.
>>
File: 1497022515784-1415520995.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1497022515784-1415520995.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>129209990
Fact of the matter is, you're a raging faggot.

Pic related, $2000 worth of killing machine
>>
>>129193564
The contract that is invoked protects the agrieved party who are thankful they had the foresight to have the contact.

Also hunting which is survival, dietary supplement, leather, antler and bone economic use.
>>
>>129211037
The purpose of an object is defined by what it was designed for not by what you use it for. You can use a gun as a doorstop that doesn't mean it isn't a weapon and its purpose isn't to inflict harm.
>>
>>129211070
>Pic related
m1a
thinking about getting one. SA?
>>
>>129211070
Wait a second. Is that a gun? If yes, what kind of gun is it?

What kind of bullets does it shoot? How and how many of the bullets go in and how do they come out? Thank you
>>
>>129212221
>Is that?
go away HK
>>
>>129212111
Go douche with Lysol you bicycle wheel.
>>
>>129186381

The primary purpose of Americans baring arms is so our government is always afraid of us and we always have the ability to overthrow it.

Secondary is probably to repulse any foreign power that tries to invade. If anyone is stupid enough to try it. It should be noted that we have leaked documents and old documents from foreign nations like Russia where its been stated they know how well we are armed and don't consider invasion because of it.

You should know that even in todays high tech military a half dozen people with the brains can shut you down. Even with drones and other shit they need energy. Electric grids are amazingly vulnerable. Fuel needs to be transported and anyone who is 18 can own the high caliber rifle needed to put a hole in an engine block and stop a caravan of fuel. Or a hole is a fuel tanker. And that is a bolt action rifle which doesn't not need any kind of extra permit anywhere in the US as far as I know.

Third we have guns for just living. Shooting wild life in defense, hunting for food sport or wildlife management, or hell just shooting for fun even at targets.

The primary purpose of the gun is a tool to fire projectiles. Saying its for killing people only describes a small part of its purpose. Thats like saying a hammers only purpose is to put up dry wall. Its part of its purpose that cannot be ignore and must be taken seriously but not everything.
>>
>>129212640
arms
plural noun

1Weapons; armaments.
>>
>>129213008
Anything is a weapon if I decide it's a weapon. End user decides intent. Without an end user it just sits there not being anything.
>>
>>129213152
No it isn't you fucking retard. It's something designed to inflict harm.

Good luck defending yourself from a tyrannical government if you want the right to bear fucking tools.
>>
>>129198243

You should do some shooting practice and take a safety course. Your local community can help you learn to avoid doing something stupid.
>>
>>129213315
We have the right to bear just about whatever the fuck we want. That's not going away. Too bad your govt feels the same way I do.
>>
File: 21578.jpg (89KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
21578.jpg
89KB, 800x528px
>>129213650
>We have the right to bear just about whatever the fuck we want

No you have the right to bear arms, weapons, things designed to inflict harm, not something that can cause harm but something specifically designed to inflict.
>>
>>129186381
Primary purpose is to put holes in commies. This has nothing do with killing, as commies aren't living creatures
>>
>>129213885
And you don't because everything has the potential to cause harm. Can't even buy a kitchen knife without being carded. Both my law and your law are designed around the potential for each in the hands of the end user. And neither are written with the concerns of the original designer.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.