[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a Brit explain to me what just happened? May won by 8%,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 26

File: IMG_4390.png (2KB, 255x153px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4390.png
2KB, 255x153px
Can a Brit explain to me what just happened?

May won by 8%, but people are calling this a defeat of Brexit.

What's going on exactly?
>>
May lost her majority in Parliament and ruined her reputation
>>
>>129164558
What does this mean for Brexit and how many seats did she lose?
>>
>>129164301
It's like Trump losing in 2018 the Senate, but not the House.

Brits are fucked now. New elections in fall.
>>
>>129164301
>Start off with a majority in parliament
>Polls for the next GE show potential Labour massacre
>Call GE early
>Have a 20+ point lead
>End up not just losing you majority, but having a hung parliament

It's actually kinda impressive.
>>
>>129164805
What was it that did her in?
>>
>>129164805

Had to be self-sabotage, surely nobody is that incompetent?
>>
>>129165138
talking about censoring the Internet while the bodies of the victims were still bleeding
>>
>>129164301
Britain is pozd the same as it ever was.
>People actually brexit was going to do something instead of just becoming a talking point to make sure people know the parties are marginally different
Silly hopeful brits, get out while you can
>>
>>129164805
How fucking stupid is this? Tell me if I'm correctly representing this. Basically May said, hey we want more seats to facilitate brexit, which has stalled and stagnated for months and months. Let me hold a snap knowing full well that there was a 52 48 split with swing leave voters having a bad taste in their mouth about the stagnation. What the fuck did she think would happen? I refuse to believe that anyone can be that stupid. There has to be another reason she called it.
>>
>>129164640
We don't know what it means yet, it depends on who crawls out of the inbound tory infighting best off. She's lost by 10 seats, not much.
>>
>>129164805

Women think a surveillance state is appealing as they've literally replaced husbands with the state
>>
>>129165271
Potentially buckling to internal pressure within Tory party, but no-one really knows.
>>
>>129164640
They need a majority (326 seats) to pass anything. Otherwise they'll need members of other parties votes to get anything done. That means they'll need to make deals that will hurt their agenda.
>>
>>129165271
Literally can't be.

She promised she wouldn't call a snap election because they are considered bad taste in general. When she saw polling that gave Tories very favorable odds she decided to say fuck it, screw promises, I'm holding an election now.

And proceeded to fuck the Tories over.
>>
File: 1495777429928.jpg (87KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1495777429928.jpg
87KB, 640x633px
>Be Woman
>Get into politics
>>
>>129165138
>people go for Brexit in the hopes of reversing decades of social instability and the decay of any stable path in one's livelihood
>May spends the entire fucking election doing fuckall while Labour actually provides a coherent vision towards social stability and security in life, health, education, etc..

Social democracy is back fuckbois.
>>
File: Muslims.png (121KB, 533x485px) Image search: [Google]
Muslims.png
121KB, 533x485px
Just
>>
>>129165450
That still doesn't make sense to me. Surely the amount of remoaner Tories is negligent? How could they get May to capitulate?
>>
File: COMBO_arn.jpg?1378090171.jpg (41KB, 563x388px) Image search: [Google]
COMBO_arn.jpg?1378090171.jpg
41KB, 563x388px
>>129165736
trading card games hold the answer
>>
>>129165783
The infighting has been intense since Cameron buckled, there was a lot of back stabbing which lead to the exodus of the 'old boys club', and that void is still an ongoing fight to this day.
>>
I've given up on the Brits, let them rot
They love their London mayor, they deserve everything that they get
>>
>>129165479
politics is becoming really retarded lately.

Modern '''Democracy''' is a gigantic mistake.
>>
>>129166045
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZM6ujJ983c

seen this?
>>
>>129164705
>trump losing in 2018
wat.jpg
>>
>>129166068
>modern
Go home Finland
>>
She wanted to lose, been saying this for weeks.
None of them want responsibility for brexit.
>>
Corbyn celebrating 2nd is exactly why he shouldn't be PM
>>
>>129166152
I'm not drunk yet.
>>
>>129166068
Mandatory mentally retarded Finn
>>
how will Jonathan Pie react to this
>>
>>129165172
You think they didn't want to actually go through with Brexit, so they messed up on purpose so tha they wouldn't be able to?
>>
>>129165138
Lots.
>Terrorism
2 big terrorist attacks in the weeks before the election. May was Home Secretary and cut lots of police numbers. With that, she was away selling weapons to the Saudis just a couple of weeks before the attacks. While that was happening, for the first time I started seeing the media question the Saudis links to terrorism, which I doubt helped.
>Disastrous manifest launch.
She tried fucking not-particularly-well-off OAPs, so instead of being able to use them to boost her vote, they probably went to Labour instead. Then she did a U-turn within a day, I think. When your slogan is "strong and stable" flipping that quickly doesn't project the right message.
>Debates
She sent Amber Rudd in her place, while Corbyn turned up (he also gave a good debate desu).
>Censorship
Probably didn't help attract the right-ish leaning young.

>>129165172
I just don't think she's that bright.

>>129165271
I don't think Brexit (or rather remain sentiment) played that much of a role in the election desu, that might sound strange, but the Lib Dems were the only party to run on an explicitly remain platform, and they saw their vote share shrink. Meanwhile here's Corbyn on the EU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVJZTxbCaKA
He's always been a Euroskeptic. I think the reason above made more of an impact.
>>
>>129166284
Mandatory
>burger education
>>
>>129166147
Congressional elections are in 2018 here.
>>
>>129165138
She alienated major Tory voters, old people, by talking about cutting their bennies. She alienated young conservatives and UKIP types by talking about censoring the web--a huge no-no for most anyone, actually, save the very old folks who don't use it and don't give a shit. Most of all, she's not personable, didn't do enough campaigning (remind you of someone?) AND she pissed off the 50-ish % of Brits who voted for Brexit and want it to happen fucking yesterday by procrastinating the process like the neocon remainer retard she is. Dumb, dumb, dumb, stupid, stupid, stupid. I hope she gets ousted in favor of someone less oppressive and more entertaining.
>>
I knew this was a ploy to scupper brexit as soon as it was called, completely obvious
>>
>>129166458
This is what I think. She was anti-Brexit. She feigns wanting a hard Brexit, calls a retard election, say "woopsie doopsies" and backs away from the fire she started.
>>
>>129166284
>what's going on exactly
>calls others mentally retarded

At least you jumped on the Finnhate bandwagon :DDD
>>
>>129166693
Why would she start talking about shit like censoring the internet and fox hunting on the eve of an election like this? She knew it was about Brexit and immigration.
>>
How many elections does U.K. have ffs. They need to do the world a favor and suicide by nuke and get it over with. Suicide by paki is taking too long.
>>
>>129165226
Yeah, she should have been talking about a travel ban (lol but really), more money to counter terrorism and police, and visiting the surviving victims, holding their hands, and acting like she gave a shit about English people. Instead she began blathering an excellent imitation of Big Brother. STUPID bint.
>>
>>129165630
She's no Merkel that's for sure ;>)
>>
>>129164640
Brexit is still happening, but it might be a soft Brexit as part of a coalition.
>>
>>129165656
can't deny that's well-put
>>
>>129166803
It wasn't at all mate. It was about what path forward provided a better, more dignified existence. Labour's vision for a mass controlled future won out over May's empty brexit.

Labour government by next year.
>>
>>129166651
This post is the most accurate summary
>>
>>129166506
>2 big terrorist attacks in the weeks before the election. May was Home Secretary and cut lots of police numbers. With that, she was away selling weapons to the Saudis just a couple of weeks before the attacks. While that was happening, for the first time I started seeing the media question the Saudis links to terrorism, which I doubt helped.
all exceptionally terrible, totally right
>>
>>129166506
Why else would they hold a snap then? What other hot button issue is Britain facing that the Tories needed more seats for? I'll tell you something even more strange sounding. I simply cannot accept that there are "stupid" politicians. Nefarious certainly, but not stupid.
>>
>>129164301

Apparently their parliament have big dicks or something.
>>
I told brits if they had any manhood theyd vote UKIP since all their politicians hate them anyway.

They DO NOT have any balls. Fuck those cucks.
>>
>>129166738
You're retarded because you're pointing out something so incredibly obvious hat most 12 year olds are aware of it

And you're even more of a fucking idiot because you thought that I was defending democracy in my post
>>
File: 1462907545265.jpg (44KB, 540x351px) Image search: [Google]
1462907545265.jpg
44KB, 540x351px
>>129167028
Sorry friend you seem to have gotten lost on your way to reddit
>>
>>129167326
ukip didn't even stand in many constituencies.
>>
>>129167411
Feed me more excuses cuck

Get your purse
>>
>>129166693
hey styx
>>
>>129167171
The Tories had a 19 MP (I think it was 19 anyway) majority, May was a remainer, Courts had ruled that any Brexit deal had to be debated in parliament, polls were were showing a Tory landslide. What probably happened was May hoped that she could increase her majority and then get a softer deal with the EU, since she would no longer be beholden to the fringes of the party.
>>
theresa may is globalist stooge fuckstain who was a remainer. She did this to stay in power but cripple up the forces of change so Brexit will be delayed and stalled yet again.
Unfortunately for her and comrade corbyn and the whole shit show of politics, it's real Brexit NOW or a third Civil War. Entirely up to them.
>>
>>129167476
What the fuck is wrong with you, UKIP isn't even a real party anymore
>>
>>129164301
HUNG PARLIAMENT,
It's literally what happens when neither party wins a majority. The people have literally voted to fuck the system. In parliamentary systems this is possible, if you want to fuck the system in the US you have to elect a madman.

Hung parliament basically mean the government can't do anything without support from the minor parties.
>>
>>129165342
How many times do you people have to pass that shit? I admit I'm not an expert on your politics, but it seems like every two months some decision is due to be made that "could defeat Brexit", and the left gets themselves giddy that "Brexit will fail this time, we beat it", and then it passes and there's much salt.

At this point it seems like the only way to finalize Brexit would be if you all unanimously grabbed oars and physically rowed your island farther away from the European continent.
>>
>>129164301
>What just happened?

The Overjew won!
>May played her part by calling an election and then being a complete retard during campaign.
>Hung parliament means they will be arguing over every fucking thing and nothing will get done.
>Ergo, Brexit postponed until we can sort this mess out.
>>
>>129164301

The Masons and Jews in charge want to provoke civil unrest. The terror hoaxes are not working, so messing with Brexit might do the trick. The Tories can't do it, as they said they would stick to the vote result. It's all a psy-op and a sham. This country stinks!
>>
>>129167588
>UKIP isn't even a real party anymore
The brainwashing has taken root I see

/pol/ is 100% Jewish alaves at this point larping as anti semites
>>
File: Tp5_Cc_SN.gif (1MB, 270x252px) Image search: [Google]
Tp5_Cc_SN.gif
1MB, 270x252px
>>
>>129167619
Big difference, in the US a madman was used to UNfuck the system. Things can happen with a madman, jammed parliament is stasis.
>>
File: TubularTulsi.jpg (262KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
TubularTulsi.jpg
262KB, 1252x1252px
>>129167680
Oh it's just one of you guys. Don't worry I'm still tubular for Tulsi
>>
>>129167804
You're a slave
>>
>>129166189
this is a massive validation of him and his politics and it shuts up the new labour shills forever
>>
Are the 4 seats that are left for labour or conservative? Is one of the seats Kensington and are labour going to win it?

I went to Kensington / Knightsbridge for the first time in years recently and the seat across from Harrods is literally Little Middle East
>>
>>129167856
>slave
Sorry that's our meme you can't steal it
>>
>>129166189
he did better than anyone ever expected, and he gained a fuck tone of seats aswell.
>>
>>129164301
>May won by 8%, but people are calling this a defeat of Brexit.

Not enough seats (think electoral college sort of) to have a majority, now they have to go into coalition. Getting us out of the EU just became much harder.
>>
>>129167624
>How many times do you people have to pass that shit?
Well:
>Elected a party that promised a referendum
>Voted in the referendum
*Mad lefties*
>Government was just going to push ahead with triggering article 50
>Court challenge
>Courts rule that there needs to be a vote on triggering article 50
>Ayes have it
*Mad lefties*
>Letter delivered to EU, triggering article 50
*Triggered lefties*
Now there needs to be at least one more vote on the final deal. So probably 5 in total.
>>
>>129167749
Yea, I prefer hung parliament desu. If the madman is on my side of politics I don't care but if not....well.
>>
>>129164301
Wow what a fuckup. How will britbongs ever recover
>>
May got Malcolm Turnbull'd
>>
>>129168236
This is amazing, the conservatives and Labour will be too busy fighting for seats that neither can implement their own nightmarish dystopia.

Maybe they'll actually try to appeal to moderates again.
>>
>>129164301
Its like if the republican party had 2/3 majority in house and senate. When would not need to reach across the aisle to get shit done. When had it, and then blew it. BIGLY. Now when the tory conservatives to in to negotiations over Brexit, they have to reach out to come up with an agreement to make everyone happy in negotiations. Right pain in the ass.
>>
What would the Tories have to concede to DUP for coalition? Where do they diverge, platform-wise?
>>
>>129164301
The UK establishment never intended to implement BREXIT, why the fark would David Cameron resign as PM after the UK voted for BREXIT??? Why would the High Court in the UK rule in favour of a challenge to the process of the UK leaving BREXIT after a very half hearted performance from the UK Attorney General in court??? Why would Theresa May call an election when she has three years of her term as PM remaining??? It all demonstrates that the public have no stake in their government. The shills have been shilling for the last 12 months so as to undermine the process. Will we here accusations of so called "Russian influence" in the result???? Of course not, because the (((Globalists))) got the result they wanted. This result will embolden the (((Globalists))) and their useful idiot allies the (((cultural marxists))) to shill for Trump's removal.
>>
>>129166189
he gained more seats than anyone saw coming
he lost TM her majority

absolutely the best possible outcome for him

this time next week he will still be labour leader
TM won't be tory leader
>>
>>129168349
Hmm, you may be right. But won't that also mean that neither of them will be able to implement Brexit?
>>
>>129165736
At least Japan's not entirely screwed by the Jew.

>>129165849
You're right.

We should just challenge the Islamic state with Yugioh. That how they solve all their problems in the show. I'd like to see Isis leaders take on the game's greatest autists.
>>
>>129168349
This, though I hope you guys sort it out sooner rather than later, our politics have been fucked since the labor leadership spill at the end of the Rudd govt.
>>
>>129168181
A country can only remain jammed so long before it collapses all together.
>>
>>129168486
Why won't TM be leader?
>>
>>129168548
Its probably going to make things difficult, but its not the end of the world.

Brexit takes a back seat to not having either party institute its own version of 1984.
>>
File: 1485732598705.gif (2MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1485732598705.gif
2MB, 360x240px
>>129164805

What is the explanation to this ? Fake polls at it again ? Did britts suddenly turn into commies ?
>>
>>129165342
That's not the point. The point is that she have up a 25 point lead and a majority just because she wanted to push things like fox hunting and a dementia tax, things that have made people hate the Tories since forever. It's especially rich since she was the one who wanted to dispel the notion that the Tories were the "nasty party."
>>
>>129165138
A manifesto so unbelievably shit it's hard to believe it wasn't on purpose.
>>
>>129168465
>why the fark would David Cameron resign as PM after the UK voted for BREXIT
Because he'd quite heavily thrown his weight behind remain, I don't know about Australia, but it's tradition in Britain to fall on your sword when your party fails at something with you quite clearly at the helm. Although May seems like she might be breaking with tradition.

>Why would the High Court in the UK rule in favour of a challenge to the process of the UK leaving BREXIT
All the High Court voted on was that article 50 and the subsequent deal needed to be put before Parliament.

>Why would Theresa May call an election when she has three years of her term as PM remaining???
You're actually onto something here see >>129167567
>>
Brexit will happen either way, it was voted for. An election isn't going to cancel a democratic result, the only difference is whether or not it'll be a "soft" or "hard" brexit
>>
>>129168709
She will fall on her sword

She called this election for electoral gains and fucked it up MAJORLY

No one, not even her own party, would want her fucking up brexit as badly as she fucked this campaign
>>
>>129168801
Shitty polling. Got a load of old people with money, much like the US polling clearly got a shitload of boomers.
>>
>>129168789
>>129168789
>Brexit takes a back seat to not having either party institute its own version of 1984.

Tories= 1984 Labour = brave new world
>>
>>129168789
Brexit will be cancelled and the Bernie can become president
>>
it's basic math? you need over half of the 650 votes to win. if you get 325 votes and the remaining 325 votes are split up between 325 parties, you still lose(tie). you could win 300 votes and the next highest party could get 100 votes, and the rest of th eparties get the other 250 between them (alot of parties), you would get the most votes, but still not get more than half. you would have 46% of the vote compared to the next highest who would have 16%, so you would beat them by 30%, but still not have a majority.
>>
>>129168866
Other countries have had referendums like this be completely ignored before, its possible for our brexit one to also be denied now
>>
>>129168688
The big bonus about a hung parliament is the fact the fuckers can't do anything until the next election. It gives the people breathing room to decide which right honourable cunts they want running the show.
>>
>>129168866
>the only difference is whether or not it'll be a "soft" or "hard" brexit
So basically half in instead of half out.
>>
>>129165656
Labour didn't gain by campaigning. They gained after the Tories released their atrocious manifesto. No one wants to vote for dogs ripping apart foxes and taxing old people for having dementia. It can all be chalked down to the idiocy and incompetence of May and her staff.
>>
>>129168801
May was a cartoon villain during the run up to the election.
>>
File: FOAD.jpg (5KB, 252x161px) Image search: [Google]
FOAD.jpg
5KB, 252x161px
What did you young faggots do you fucking idiots, you complete fucking idiots.
>>
>>129168908
I suppose, it's yet to be seen though, who are the indies going to want to deal with though TM or some other cunt? I think that's the larger deciding factor at this stage.
If there is a leadership spill though they had best get it over and done with now.
>>
>>129169186
what they always do, research absolutely nothing ever, follow the social media trends and download opinions helped by promises of free shit.
>>
>>129165783
>Surely the amount of remoaner Tories is negligent?
Absolutely not. Tories are internally split pretty evenly between "Bring vack the Empire, fuck the EU" traditionalists, and "Muh neoliberalism" crony capitalists who fucking love the EU.
Same with labour: half full of racist plebs who want to kill anyone foreign, and half full of leftie students who's favourite pasttime is fellating rapefugees.
Brexit split both parties down the middle.
>>
>>129166818

This.

UK fuck you and your rotten teeth, stiff upper dick, you idiots. I hope you feel full repercussions by doing a shit job in colonization.

Your jew cunt Churchill screwed Europe, Tony Blair was supposed to be shot, and now I hope you don't get a brexit.

I hope you get million Ariana Grande 2nd concerts and the whole Brit shits sing "Don't look back in anger" literally while Habibi kills you, and you sing, and they gauge your eyes with knives, and you keep singing.

Love to see London, JUST.
>>
>>129169038
Brexit needs to happen now.
>>
>>129166651
this

the fact that she still won after this is extreme luck. She's pretty lucky too since most politicians get voted out of office before they realize they need to change their message.
>>
>>129164301
This is literally the best thing that could ever have happened, May's stupidity has inadvertently restored the equilibrium of partisan politics.

Corbyn isn't going to implement his awful socialist policies but the Tories no longer have free reign to cut literally everything. It is literally a win win.
>>
>>129164301

>May won by 8%

Not faggot it was 2%, absolute disaster from her
>>
>>129164301
Does she even need a majority for Brexit to go through hard at this point? The article was triggered a few months ago right? Can't she just sit on her hands and crash the plane with no survivors if she wants? Or is there another election prior to the Brexit deadline?
>>
>>129169080
So it's not only what >>129168962 says, she actually lost some votes because of her behaviour ?

Is this fixable by calling for another GE and having someone more popular running ?
>>
>>129169391
>Can't she just sit on her hands and crash the plane with no survivors if she wants?
She tries to do that, her party will depose her and elect someone more pro-soft-Brexit
>>
>>129169391
thing is she just crashed the car called tories in a completely unnecessary drift.
would you want to drive in her car afterwards?
>>
>>129169391
>The article was triggered a few months ago right?
Right. But once a final deal is negotiated it has to be put before parliament, at which point they'll either vote for it, or they wont. In the latter case we're out on the so-called "hard brexit". This entire election farce was precisely so that May could get the softest deal from the EU and have it pass.
>>
>>129169391
Brexit is in danger of being ignored if it doesnt happen right this fucking second

"Its been so long, and so much has happened, we feel the British public may have changed their mind, so we will hold the referendum a second time in a few months"
>>
>>129169409
Both the major parties are blighted by awful leaders the public has no interest in, but both want to cling to power.

If either runs someone even remotely competent they'll walk over the opposition.
>>
>>129165138
>Social care
Old people and their offspring had a meltdown when they casually turned round and said "fuck you, we're going to rob everything you own before you die"
Older folks are the absolute backbone of the Tory voters. My whole family didn't vote this time. I think there were a lot of people who didn't vote because of this.
>>
>>129169537
>This entire election farce was precisely so that May could get the softest deal from the EU and have it pass.
for mays sake i hope this is true because alternatively she just proved herself a complete shambles.
>>
>>129164705
It'll be the reverse. Republicans will win the Senate but the lose the House over Obamacare.
>>
>>129165271
I almost think that theres a majority within the conservative party that want to block brexit and they called the snap to stall and hurt brexit knowing that they will lose seats.
I cant explain otherwise how could they have fucked up this badly.
>>
>>129167171

Look around you. See the percentage of stupid people? It's like that everywhere, at every level.
>>
>>129165138
Attacking her core voters with a dementia tax, refusing to debate her opponents on TV and sending her bereaved home secretary in her place, for some weird reason proposing to re-introduce foxhunting which will only piss people off, ignoring the young which turned out in droves for Corbyn, generally just being a nasty and unlikable cunt compared to Corbyn. Her party have revealed what arrogant, unprofessional, condescending cunts they are this election.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5oFBpWPEOk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPPyBLC5ddM
>>
>>129169357
Couldn't agree with you more
>>
File: 1475231758657.jpg (14KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
1475231758657.jpg
14KB, 500x316px
>>129169571

For now it seems like she wants to stay even if it brings chaos ; hopefully you get a better PM when the brexit negotiations start.
>>
>>129169885
Cheers anon, I'm sure we'll muddle through as always.
>>
>>129169659
No anon, she's a total shambles. She went into this with a 20 point lead in the polls and managed to loose her majority. Like I said earlier, it's almost impressive.
>>
>>129170020
Your demographics are changing faster than they did after the Norman Conquest. A majority of your capitol is now non-you. There is no muddling through this sort of thing.
>>
>>129170348
>Your demographics
That's true, but by all projections by 2060 we'll still be majority white...unlike some places.
>>
>>129170402
That's not fair anon, America will still be mostly white by 2060.

It's just that it will be a distinctly shit coloured shade of white.
>>
>>129170402
A white majority completely submitted to the will of a shitskin minority is worth nothing.
>>
>>129167624
>At this point it seems like the only way to finalize Brexit would be if you all unanimously grabbed oars and physically rowed your island farther away from the European continent.
made me chuckle audibly
>>129168153
One could work up a similar *mad lefties* list for Trump's government trying to get anyfuckingthing accomplished. I am sick to fuck of mad lefties and their obstructionism. What I think they don't realize is that if they push hard enough...it's not that they will get their way, which is what they believe, but rather that they will lose their fucking heads in a violent civil conflict.
>>
>>129168576

Jews fear the samurai.
>>
>>129170586
I'm sure you'd know all about that Sven. But I wouldn't worry about it, I doubt it's going to happen.
>>
File: Very well alone.jpg (38KB, 423x341px) Image search: [Google]
Very well alone.jpg
38KB, 423x341px
>>129170348
Britain has survived worse than this and will do so again.
>>
>>129170402
>in 50 years it'll be a regular occurance that white British schoolgirls have to offer themselves up to the local imam's harem if she doesn't want her brothers to be kneecapped by Paki street gangs
> hahaha but in America they're going into a Beaner harem so that's OK

Nothing is OK about these situations
>>
>>129168548
Hopefully Corbyn's well-known dislike of Europe will provide some Brexit push. maybe.
>>
>>129165736
Yu-Gi-Oh truly this the ultimate redpill.
>>
>>129164301
Well, remember the last Brit parliamentary elections we very screwed for tories- in many places they won with having less than a half of voter support, this means that often people who voted third parties would rally to prevent such a thing from happening again

Fun fact, in UK your party can (in theory, I'm giving an extreme example here) win the majority with just 652 votes :
There are 650 seats in the HoC,
Minimal possible majority is 326 seats
UK uses "first-past-the-post" electing system, so ny candidate that has the highest number of votes in a given district becomes th MP.
Minimal votes needed to become an MP(if there are other candidates ofc) is 2 - all the others only gain the single vote they cast on themselves.
So 326x2=652 votes
Even if some other party should win 100% of votes in every other district(and for the sake of fun, let's assume you've won in the least populous districts) they will only get 324 MPs.
Therefore 652 Britons can rule the island against the will of 65 million.
>>
>>129170623
>I am sick to fuck of mad lefties and their obstructionism
I was annoyed with the obstructions they keep throwing up in the US, particularly because it wasn't a Muslim ban and was well within the authority of the President to do what he did. Here however I can kind of understand it. All acts need to be put before parliament and the government tried getting around it by saying that they already had the mandate to do just pass them without parliamentary approval. Gina Miller does rub me the wrong way though, even if I agree with it being put before the Courts, she clearly only wanted to do it so that the left would either get to block Brexit or just delay it indefinitely.

So I can agree with the action, just not the reason.
>>
>>129165736
"Terrorism will not change our way of life, goyim!"
Or will it?
>>
>>129170641
I know exactly how it feels. The mayor of your capital is already a towelhead. And the results of the GE are not encouraging. As bad as May could be, people voted for a pro-islamism commie en masse.
>>
>>129168854
That's the point anon, David Cameron calls the vote to score some cheap political points to appease the nationalists and white UK vote, all along thinking there is no way people will vote to leave. The vote comes in and the look of shock and confusion on his face was priceless. The (((media))) and their shills start shilling to de-legitamise the vote even considering to revoke universal sufferage so as only leftists SJW be allowed to vote. The High Court challenge was a farce, a determined govt would have never have let it get that far, believing in a political process that has been co-opted by the Deep State is delusional, it's time to take some more serious action.
>>
>>129169334
>stiff upper dick
haha wat

>>129169332
fascinating, I can totally see that. most of the old school lefties I know are barely-concealed racists aka "old school" plain and simple
The EU Tories are totally British neocons

>>129169348
She better have an interesting response, boring is worse than bad in this modern age ;>)

>>129169357
I could see this, hope you're right
>>
>>129168866
you're delusional if you believe this.
>>
are you about to have a fucking communist PM? She will not resign will she?
>>
>>129164301
The bottom line is the UK is getting more muslims and would regardless of this election.
>>
>>129168908
She is un-electable, her first election as PM and she totally blows an unsurmountable lead, Boris will step up and shill for war against Russia and Syria on behalf of the (((neo-cons))).
>>
>>129169334
Which one of Russia's mutant spawn are you?
>>
>>129169560
>"Its been so long, and so much has happened, we feel the British public may have changed their mind, so we will hold the referendum a second time in a few months"
If they dare to do that, I recommend dropping the British decorum and rioting. Not in your own neighborhoods, either. Take advantage of those unarmed bobbies. Burn (((their))) shit down and scare the crap out of the elites. Do it up right.
>>
>>129167567
That's good it means Hard brexit
>>
File: 1489224629285.png (302KB, 450x488px) Image search: [Google]
1489224629285.png
302KB, 450x488px
>>129170698
>It's fine if our cities are mostly shitskin by now, we'll survive this
>How? By continuing what we were doing until now!
That's the good goy.
>>
>>129169733
>bereaved home secretary
I'd forgotten that bit. That was really cruel and I bet it turned even more voters against her. VERY Hillary of her--stone cold and tone deaf.
>>
>>129165736
Why Japan?

>There's no Muslims in Japan

Oh, terror attacks aren't part and parcel of nip life yet? Losers.
>>
>>129170402
tough but fair
>>
File: labeled.png (28KB, 633x114px) Image search: [Google]
labeled.png
28KB, 633x114px
>>129164301
Thats not our flag.
Northern Ireland dindunuffin.

Regarding your question: ITS ALL A FUCKING CHARADE! Nothing in politics is left to the people to decide - shit - that could cause all sorts of uncertainty and therefore instability.
Everything in politics is guided and planned - EVERYTHING.
I am shocked at how many people (especially on pol) claim to be redpilled and still think politics and voting are relevant.
>>
>>129171111
>people voted for a pro-islamism commie en masse.
Nope. He's the only leader of any main party that wants a boycott of Saudi Arabia.
>>
damn all those terrorist attacks and this is what they do
the conservatives must have really fucked up
>>
File: 1493672126517.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1493672126517.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>129166651
>>>129165138
>She alienated major Tory voters, old people, by talking about cutting their bennies. She alienated young conservatives and UKIP types by talking about censoring the web--a huge no-no for most anyone, actually, save the very old folks who don't use it and don't give a shit. Most of all, she's not personable, didn't do enough campaigning (remind you of someone?) AND she pissed off the 50-ish % of Brits who voted for Brexit and want it to happen fucking yesterday by procrastinating the process like the neocon remainer retard she is. Dumb, dumb, dumb, stupid, stupid, stupid. I hope she gets ousted in favor of someone less oppressive and more entertaining.

Top kek
>>
>>129169334
>being this mad
>>
>>129171852
Labour would have won if it weren't for the attacks.
>>
>>129165172

It wouldnt be too hard to imagine that being the case desu. Call a general election out of nowhere and wage a horrific campaign that completely ruins your originally massive lead.

Besides, the choice we have in these things is limited and somewhat illusory. Because as Bill Hicks said...

"Theres one guy holding up both puppets"
>>
>>129170402
I know it's good to keep one's spirits up, but don't minimize. There are too many of them in your government and law enforcement, in particular, and too many turncoats. Of course the same is true here. We are all fighting the same fight, in essence.
>>
>>129170698
Just like we heroically defeated those evil nazis!
>>
>>129171852
If you think about it though, it's probably better that the Tories didn't manage to successfully play on people's fear of terrorism. On account of that being anti-democratic coercive bullshit.

I mean, May tried to use the attacks as a soapbox to promote internet censorship for some fucking stupid reason and I'm not saying she wasn't the most incompetent campaign decision we've seen in decades but it's probably for the best that Tories weren't amoral and grasping enough to go full Nazi.

>>129172008
Bullshit.
>>
>>129170698
I pray you are correct--no, honestly, I do. My mother was English. But do not give them one fucking inch.
>>
>>129170724
Exactly.
>>
>>129171628
He would still sacrifice a million white kids to pakis rapists for the sake of (((tolerance))).
>>
File: bill hicks checked.jpg (31KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
bill hicks checked.jpg
31KB, 620x620px
>>129171111
checked
>>
>>129172183
>and too many turncoats
Definitely.

>government and law enforcement
Not so much, I think there's only something like 40 MPs from some ethnic minority. I'm not sure about Law enforcement. No, our biggest issue is turncoats and cryptos.

>>129172438
I'm not sure senpai, nothing he's said or done so far makes me think he's as insidious as some of the others.
>>
>>129170496
like the spanish?
>>
>>129164301
>May won by 8%, but people are calling this a defeat of Brexit.

Remainers just grasping at straws. For most working-class Leave voters, they see Brexit as in the bag. Done and dusted. Yet they still despise the Tories.
>>
>>129168801
Corbyn promised free shit, and May did not. Corbyn had a cult of personality, May did not.
>>
>>129165656
>Labour actually provides a coherent vision towards social stability and security in life, health, education, etc..
Hardly. You mean a feel-good campaign. Your point still stands though.
>>
>>129169334
when did you get internet in croatia?
>>
>>129169332

>Same with labour: half full of racist plebs who want to kill anyone foreign

Why the FUCK would anyone like that vote Labour?

They literally had billboards saying they like black people more than you.
>>
>>129169357

What about Brexit though?
>>
>>129167619
Party coalitions are perfectly normal though.
>>
>>129173087
> cult of personality
A really dislikeable personality imho. Scary that so many fell for the free gibs illusion.
>>
>>129173241
>Same with labour: half full of racist plebs who want to kill anyone foreign
1) Stupid and poor white people like gibs too
2) Decades ago Labour were substantially less Paki cucks than they are now, and many of their older voters continue to vote for them entirely out of habit rather than actually picking up a manifesto in the last 20 years
>>
>May won

HAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

OP if you have $100 then throw $40 away for no reason would you call that a victory?

2 hung parliaments in 7 years fucking hell
>>
>>129173087
May promised strong and stable leadership.
>>
>>129169334
Your country was cucked by Austria, then Yugokekia, and is now an utterly irrelevant non-country sittting under slovenia. Literally the only time people think of "croatia" is when they visit Italy and wonder what is across the Aegean.
>>
>>129173087
"Free shit"

not free, paid for by corporate and individual tax avoiders
>>
>>129164301

May was stunningly awful, she can't possibly stay, and the Tories will never forgive her. Corbyn can't claim this as any sort of victory, so I don't know why it's being painted as one. He was up against the worst Tory campaign in living memory and still came a distant second. "UKIP' Labour" went back the Labour because article 50 has been triggered and Brexit is over....
>>
Is there a chance tories will form a coalition? Are there any parties that would realistically collude with labour?
>>
>>129174462
the election vindicates corbyn's politics
>>
>>129174462
>Corbyn can't claim this as any sort of victory, so I don't know why it's being painted as one.
After being universally derided by the media and HIS OWN PARTY he gained substantial numbers of seats and prevented a Tory majority. He proved everyone who said he was going to be a disaster for Labour wrong, even when literally everyone was doing everything they could to make him fail.
>>
>>129174678

> Nearly completely destroy your party

> Get a bunch of seats back because your opponent is cancer in human form

> Still lose

Yeah, totally vindicated /s
>>
>>129174352
I think we're all on the same page amigo
>>
>>129166997
>Brexit is still happening, but it might be a soft Brexit as part of a coalition

Soft Brexit is NO Brexit. The EU won't allow a piecemeal deal and to get a good deal, we need to threaten to walk away and fuck up everything in the process. The EU has to perceive that a bad deal is bad for everyone long term and that the UK will survive it more than them. Soft Brexit just means being a Member State all over again and being penalised for daring to leave (being in the Single Market means Freedom of Movement as well as adhering to EU rules and making contributions; what has therefore changed?)

The nature of Brexit should have been the core of this election but May allowed it to be about everything EXCEPT Brexit and proved herself a complete autist in the process. She misread the popularity as being a validation of her most authoritarian, stupid ideals rather than public confidence that out of all of our shit leaders, she was the one most likely to deliver the best Brexit. Instead she's waffled on Brexit, allowed migration to increase, terrorism to become rampant and has no solution. She and the Tory leadership need to be booted. Corbyn would be a death sentence, so in effect we got the best possible outcome (May damaged but Corbyn not in power).

Maybe someone will rise to lead us to a better future. Or maybe we are fucked.
>>
>>129175010
>Sweden
>bitching about people wanting free shit

Are you fucking kidding me
>>
Don't worry, my Brit pals. Political instability is not that bad.
>>
File: merchant.jpg (56KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
merchant.jpg
56KB, 500x563px
>>129169334
chill goy, save it for muzzies
>>
>>129174927
i would honestly love to see a conservative politician in the UK that is charismatic, convincing and can connect with people.
>cancer in human form

is what the tories are, mate
>>
>>129175056
>The nature of Brexit should have been the core of this election

But she forgot that an election is never just about one fucking issue. A referendum is but an election will never be.

And her popularity was born out of nobody knowing who the fuck she was, but when you look at her record as Home Sec you could see she was shit. Fuck she only won the Tory leadership by default, she assumed that's how all elections work.
>>
>>129175368
That's Boris but he is not competent and everyone knows that.
>>
File: Shlomo Shekelstein.jpg (157KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
Shlomo Shekelstein.jpg
157KB, 501x585px
>>129170960
Hihihihihi
>>
>>129164805
>It's actually kinda impressive.

What did it?

All the terrorist attacks and her lack of action and "Il censor the internet" bullshit?
>>
>>129175368
also would like to add that in principle conservatism is not an ideology i think is cancer, just that the way things are now, you will never see one of the privately-educated MP's be of any use to the poor.

Corbyn has revitalised working-class solidarity and class is going to fracture the political landscape over the next decade (at least in UK/AUS. As people have less and less, they will start looking at those who have more, maybe out of envy, but mostly out of curiosity and a lack of understanding as to why people get so much when they get so little.
>>
>>129175154
Not everyone here is a gibsmedat nigger.
>>
>>129175748
None of you are takeitbak niggers either so keep shut.
>>
>>129175748
social safety net is one of the core features of your society, and you'll find it very hard to fight that
>>
>>129175155
We're getting used to it.
>>
>>129164301
She lost her majority, now needs to rely on ulster unionists to prop up her govt
>>
>>129164301
Brexit is cancelled
>>
>>129175417
>But she forgot that an election is never just about one fucking issue
True. And tossed in the worst possible ideas into the manifesto that alienated practically everyone except her. Conservatives only begrudgingly voted this time around because the thought of Comrade Corbyn was unpalatable. However, you have to vote FOR something, not AGAINST. Given that the US election and Brexit showed that, it's amazing the Tories missed it completely. They offered nothing but incompetence and the certainty that they will continue to cuck on immigration, security, and economy. Labour at least offered ideas, even though they are stupid and impossible. But hey, that motivates people and gets them excited.

Really, she should have outlined a post-Brexit future and what that will mean. Sure she wouldn't have all the details because of the negotiations, but fuck it, people want to be told that good things are coming, not "Corbyn is a communist and a terrorist sympathiser". While true, it neglects to address what May and her government would offer.

I am convinced there are no viable parties or politicians left. Just chancers, con-artists, and ideologues.
>>
>>129171852
May is more to blame for the attacks than Corbyn
>>
>>129167171
I see you've never interacted with the back benches of the Tory party......
>>
>>129167326
UKIP never stood in enough places to even try winning, they got half as many votes as last time and didn't even get a seat. Only 500K odd people voted for them
>>
>>129176157
>lol let's bring back fox hunting and talk a ton about it before the election

FUCKING MORONS TALK ABOUT UNPOPULAR SHIT YOU WANT TO DO AFTER THE ELECTION, LABOUR DIDN'T TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH INCOME TAX IS REALLY GOING TO BE GOING UP
>>
>>129175963
I'm not against it per se. But leftist imported hundreds of thousands of niggers who are leeching the country. Once the ethnic cleansing is over I'll be happy to contribute for the unlucky ones.
>>
>>129170844
Yes, technically, but we have seen a General Election turnout of 0.01% since the 60s
>>
Beyond Brexit though will the tories actually be able to pass any domestic laws they want now? Because I'm sure the DUP won't give a fuck about almost all of their concerns about those.

And it's really shit the DUP now have this power.
>>
>>129165138
She talked about anything and everything but Brexit.
>>
This was the best possible outcome. Labour still out of government but strong enough that the Torrie's can't go censoring the internet and all the other nonsense May was talking I'm the run up to this election. Irish interest of a soft border with the North is now a main topic in discussions. The Sterling will slowly stabilise and May will be gone in a fortnight. Literally everyone wins.
>>
>>129175714
Lack of charisma, terrible campaigning, U-turns, 9 years of Austerity
>>
>>129176157
>Just chancers, con-artists, and ideologues.
This is probably why Corbyn is surprisingly popular. At least he does have principles, no matter how deluded he is.
>>
>>129175714

That's a big one.

Also taking away dementia sufferers' homes to pay for their treatment.
>>129176888

> Hey guys, this isn't a Brexit-only election, let's talk about everything else

> ALL THE OTHER PROPOSALS ARE HORRIBLE
>>
Boss just said he's not coming in to work today. kek he does this after every single election.
>>
>>129167666
trips of truth
>>
She set out to gain a majority and failed.

I'm of the opinion that she did it on purpose, and was going to take a more substantial loss as a hint that the UK didn't want Brexit and call it off. Wouldn't be surprised if she stands down now, she's somehow in a worse position than when she started.
>>
>>129177322
Doubt she did it on purpose - she has not only fucked her career but has caused massive problems for the Conservative party despite facing a labour party that was very unsteady.
>>
File: Capture.png (23KB, 270x512px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
23KB, 270x512px
Are they /ourguys/?
>>
Democracy is about people working together to make a better country. Politics is supposedly about working for the better good of the people. Yet every party is a conglomeration of selfish interests. If anything this election shows that the people have had enough of this bullshit. They want government to work for them and not for the few elite rich fuckers. Only Labour + the other smaller parties offer this possibility *IF* the smaller parties are willing to work with them *FOR* the people and *NOT* for their own selfish interests. Conservative + DUP is *NOT* for the people! It will just be a messy grab to stay in power. Fuck the Conservatives! Fuck the selfish minorities!
>>
So it'll be a minority government then with "agreements" with the northern Irish.

Enjoy your soft brexit.
>>
>>129165138
I'd say it came down to two things, personally.

>Elderly
The elderly vote Tory in their droves, and May proposed a "dementia tax" that would target those over 65 for late life mental health care. It is a good idea for Labour to implement, but retarded for Conservatives. No idea why her cabinet let her push it.
>Terrorism
There were 2 high profile terror attacks before the election, and this came on the back or tory security and police cuts. Would the extra money have made a big difference? Probably not, but it was more ammo for Labour to swerve public opinion. Her solution to the terror problem was to further regulate the internet, which was seen as an obvious play to the situation to push her agenda, which many voters (myself included) seen through.

If it weren't for these 2 points, she'd probably have gotten a majority. It was miraculous for Labour, honestly. They really lucked out.
>>
>>129165227
sadly true

brexit will never take form unless its incredibly soft; in which case there is no point in having it at all.

Time to go down with the ship
>>
>>129177756
>brexit will never take form unless its incredibly soft; in which case there is no point in having it at all.
Article 50 has already been triggered.
IF
WE
GET
NO
DEAL
THAT
IS
HARD
BREXIT
Soft brexit is and for the foreseeable future will be, the alternative.
>>
The best thing about the results is the only reason the conservatives will still be in power is because of the scots. The most socialist part of the country. Haha, they will be regreting their choice in a few years.
>>
>>129177706
I suspect the elderly numbers will still be extremely high for the tories. The youth vote is what has actually cost them. People who don't normally vote came out and voted for Corbyn.

The tories had a bigger turnout than the last election but so did Labour and it was much fucking higher than the tories.
>>
brexit won't happen

millennials saved britain from going to shit just because old farts are hysterical

good riddance
>>
>>129167341
>And you're even more of a fucking idiot because you thought that I was defending democracy in my post

Your insult here >>129166284 was very ambiguous, so your political stance is still unclear.

Your violent sperging makes me think this is one of those "shill threads" I've been warned about
>>
>>129177496

From what I can understand, generlaly speaking yes, but the problem is that as an NI party they want open borders with Ireland, which is in the EU.
>>
kek UKIP leader quit
Farage IN
>>
>>129169186
scary how easy they are to fool
>>
>>129165138
The media and no doubt funding from (((them))).
>>
>>129178079
The Scotts lost ground to the conservatives though.

>>129178179
you have to be over 18 to post in this subreddit
>>
>>129169186
The tories shit all over young people. Pensioners consistently vote for in best interests, why can't young people?
>>
>>129169357
I like you anon
>>
>>129170724
this
>>
>>129165138
Talking about cutting Tory voter benefits, talking about cutting police funding while getting terroristed and blaming Islamic terrorism on the freedom of the Internet.

She's simply another out of touch childless female politician.
>>
>>129165227
>implying the same thing that happened to my country won't happen to them. You can't just leave the EU like that m8

Come on now
>>
>>129169059
>Labour didn't gain by campaigning.

There's evidence that voters swung to Labour in places that JC visited, and there were generally large increases after every debate that he appeared in.
>>
>>129164301
Remember our Fuhrer lost. Our friends the Russians helped us win.

Damn, I love you Russian bastards! Yes, you make have Turkey.

I know one thing, besides a great burger, is the commercials for re-enlististing tells me we are not going to let Islam have the French Nuclear Arsenal. People think it's about Korean, but they are wrong. We are about to give Europe a hot American beef injection and any other mooslum dick sobbing country. I hope Russia is going to lend a hand. They can have Doucheland. Just like the Mexicans here Europe has pissed in their own Corn Flakes. Did they really think we would let them fuck the white world... Again?
>>
>>129169026
the Brexit vote was actually explicitly passed as non-binding, but then they sent that letter triggering article 50 (which some EU lawyers have said doesn't count as the vote in the house was one of authorisation to write a letter, not directly invoke article 50)
>>
>>129169343
not how that works.
>>
>>129169690
Only TM could call the damn thing, so end of the day it's her fault.
>>
File: it's laughing at you.jpg (134KB, 1310x985px) Image search: [Google]
it's laughing at you.jpg
134KB, 1310x985px
>>129179146
is != ought

Brexit is OUGHT to happen now.
>>
>>129176157
>Really, she should have outlined a post-Brexit future and what that will mean.

"The economy is going to be utterly destroyed and you'll be paying £5 for a banana assuming the supermarkets have any staff working in their warehouses. On the bright side, it'll be really cheap to go on holiday in Spain, if you have a job left to pay for it." doesn't exactly enthuse people, though.
>>
>>129165138
She assumed she had already won when she called for the GE, so she done fuck all campaigning, the manifesto was a disaster, whenever she was on the telly it was like having a soundboard in human form, the list goes on fella
>>
>>129178308
>Farage IN

To do what? Sweep up, look through the UKIP scrapbook with tears in his eyes, and then lean on his broom with a sigh as the camera pans out, then turns and walks out of the door for a final time.

UKIP are as dead as the BNP mate.
>>
>>129167326
UKIP stood in hardly any constituencies, it would be like if you could only vote Trump in five states
>>
>>129179563
Have you considered that the votes might be rigged? I doubt (((they))) would actually stop before anything to keep Britain in the EU. Even prop up the communist cell non-party that is SNP
>>
>>129179425
if i see that bitch on the telly i'm going to break something
>>
>>129179840
>vote was Rigged
We don't use electronic voting. Paper and pencil all the way bro. It's pretty hard to rig an election with physical votes
>>
>>129179840
No it's definitely not rigged, it's just all the major parties in this country are fucking shite
>>
>>129179425
Well no, it's not as simple as just leaving. We have financial and political responsibilities in the EU as we were a founding member and in fact set up the whole thing to make sure France and Germany could never go to war against each other.
This isn't just one treaty to back out of. This is hundreds of treaties and we have to establish what our trade relation with the EU has to be, the fate of EU nationals in the UK, and vice versa. This is the biggest and most complicated deal anyone has ever backed out of ever. Brexit takes time for a reason
>>
>>129179916
All she wants is to fuck with common people like you, b-b-baka!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTMWgOduFM

>>129179984
>Paper and pencil all the way bro. It's pretty hard to rig an election with physical votes

They do so in Russia, yet their gov't manages to make it work anyway (not that they need to)
>>
>>129180184
wtf, I'm not from the US. wtf 4chan
>>
>>129165479
Well there's Ukip right?
>>
>>129180212
Well, put it this way: We're not Russia. We don't rig our elections because we're not a backward fucked up country that photocopies votes and then submits them, we don't use easy to rig electronic votes, and we have been voting in the UK longer than you've been a country
>>
>>129180341
HAHAH they won no seats and lost the one they had. UKIP are functionally dead
>>
File: das racist.jpg (61KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
das racist.jpg
61KB, 1024x576px
>>129180370
>Well, put it this way: We're not Russia.

So you are racist against Slavs now, huh? Maybe you hate poles, too?
>>
>>129165656
That's a pretty good analysis. Though i'd also add lynton crosby ran the worst political campaign in living memory
>>
>>129180184
Minor correction:

We weren't a founding member. We tried to join about seven years after it started up, the French wouldn't let us, and so didn't join until around two decades after the EU's original incarnation was set up.
>>
>>129180341
>UKIP

They stood in half the constituencies, barely broke 1000 votes where they did stand, won 0 seats and their leader has already resigned.

UKIP! (say it like you'd say "The Aristocrats!")
>>
>>129179086
It wasn't "explicitly" passed as non binding .The bill made no mention of binding.
>>
>>129164301
To "win" you need 50% + one seat in the parliament. She couldn't do that.
Also she lost against a man, who was hated by the media and hated by his own party.
>>
File: M&M.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
M&M.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>129180184
>to make sure France and Germany could never go to war against each other

Don't have to worry about that now, Macaroon likes 'em like he likes his wine
>>
>>129180906
>The bill made no mention of binding.

No referendum in the UK are binding, because only Parliament can pass legislation I.e. no matter the outcome, Parliament always have to have a vote on the outcome afterwards and are never under any obligation to vote along with the referendum result (which is what the whole Gina Miller thing was about, partly).
>>
>>129166997
>soft Brexit
Why the fuck would you do that? Go all the way or go home. Of all the possible options soft Brexit is the worst. It accomplishes nothing and everyone will be mad.
>>
>>129181275
>It accomplishes nothing and everyone will be mad.

But that is (((their))) goal, after all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shock_Doctrine
>>
>>129168349
Fuck moderates RWDS now!
>>
>>129180539
I have no strong opinion on Slavs. Generally hard working people that I have worked along side.
>>
>>129181386
>Naomi Klein
Commies are always wrong.
>>
>>129168801
>>129164805

She just did the same mistake as president Chirac in 1997, apparently the brits are too autistic to look at recent history to avoid making huge mistakes
>>
>>129180652
thing again dude, we set up the coal and steel treaties in the 50's. We were the puppet masters on the EU, and we were a founding member which is why we had the best deal in the entire EU. We got all the advantages with none of the disadvantages that many other EU nations had to deal with. What ever deal we get will be worse than the deal we had
>>
File: famous last words.jpg (26KB, 600x329px) Image search: [Google]
famous last words.jpg
26KB, 600x329px
>>129181517
>Commies are always wrong.

But someone who criticizes (((globalists))) never is.
>>
>>129180906
Actually if you read the bill, it did specify.

>>129181162
Wrong friendo, referendums have to be passed in the house stating the binding nature of it. The Indy Ref (god I hate the SNP) was binding, it was passed to be so.
>>
File: 1495471728232.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1495471728232.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>129164301
Basically Britain had an olde style U.S. Election. Turd or douche. Surprisingly the turd festered to the point that people almost chose douche even though douche is an outright communist. Seriously, fox hunting and Owellian net practices? The fuck was she thinking? Where the fuck did UKIP go? Are we going to get to play France when you glorious Brits send the EU your Declaration of Independence?

It's either going to be 1066 or 1776.
>>
>>129181780
Neither. Countries come and go, but the UK remains eternal. Seriously in the last 300 years the only country that has remained the same is the UK.
>>
>>129181612
>We got all the advantages with none of the disadvantages that many other EU nations had to deal with

And that's how I know 4chan made no mistake, and you are an (((American))): Britain has to accept the four EU liberties, one of which is the freedom to get culturally enriched, and the other-the freedom to slave away for transnational corporations
>>
>>129165479
Well their Agenda resembled a downsy toddler with clumsy parents, they deserved it. I am barely familiar with British politics so I may be wrong, but doesn't this mean the Conservatives will have to court UKIP to pass policy; fox hunting and Internet Feudalization be damned?
>>
>>129166068
The Finn is right.

Socialists, stupid kids, scroungers, and SJWs voted for Corbin under the misguided belief that they are soothing the world.
Corbin said whatever he had to say to appeal to those people.
>>
>>129182091
>Well their Agenda resembled a downsy toddler with clumsy parents, they deserved it

Are you kidding? The British upper and lower class never votes anything but Tory. The votes must have been rigged to keep the poor sods in EU serfdom forever.
>>
>>129181970
Sure, I mean I'm posting from Glasgow in Scotland but sure. I'm a yank. I'll bite

The deal we did have with the EU, meant that we didn't have to have open borders for freedom of movement (we were not part of Shengen), we didn't have to have the Euro if we didn't want it, we got to have a say in the EU parliament with elected representatives, we did have to follow EU laws but we got to vote on them as well, and we could move to anywhere in the EU without real issue but the same was not always the case the other way around.
>>
>>129164301
may loses a large amount of seats
shes pro EU
forced to work with DUP who are legit hardliners
Hard brexit happens
>>
>>129182268
>rigged meme
Try rigging a UK election. Go on, try.
>>
>>129181759
>Wrong friendo, referendums have to be passed in the house stating the binding nature of it.

"Binding" Referendums in the UK are weird: in order to make it binding the Government pass a bill *prior* to the Referendum that basically says "If the outcome is A, then the following applies, otherwise this bill is null & void". So they still have to actually pass legislation, with a vote in Parliament.
>>
>>129182421
>forced to work with DUP who are legit hardliners
>Hard brexit happens

Junior partners get the scraps, and the DUP want to keep a soft border with Ireland so how are they "legit hardliners" on Brexit?
>>
>>129165138
NOT SAYING CONCENTRATION CAMPS FOR MUSLIMS AND A ROCK HARD BREXIT EVERY 5 SECONDS
>>
>>129182947
This. They're 100% soft brexit because hard brexit would cripple Ireland.
>>
>>129181731
If she called them Jews, then I would've even agreed
>Naomi
>Klein
oy vey, I wonder why she won't name the devil by his name
>>
>>129168462
>What would the Tories have to concede to DUP for coalition? Where do they diverge, platform-wise?
DUP is hard right on social issues, thinks gays are literally Satan, and want to ban abortion.

HOWEVER, their main concern would be keeping the border with Ireland open, as a hard Brexit can re-ignite actual civil war. So despite everything DUP want as soft a Brexit as possible. This is NOT up to May though, so what can happen is if Germany play hard ball then May will lose the DUP, collapsing her government and force another election.
>>
>>129177099
>May will be gone in a fortnight.
Lmao bullshit
>>
>>129182396
>we didn't have to have open borders

lies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Single_Market

>Scotland

That place needs to be nuked
>>
>>129183402
>>May will be gone in a fortnight.
>Lmao bullshit
Parliamentary Democracy has a feature, which is that the government can back stab their leader and swap her with someone else. Voters vote for parties, not leaders. So the party can remove their own leader at any time. This is not done unless they think the current leader is really hated. At which point they are better off replacing her.
>>
>>129181931

> UK

> Remained the same

Uh... Empire where the sun never sets?
>>
>>129164705
senate is safe, house on the other hand...
>>
>>129169334
who are you again?
>>
>>129164301
she can't form a majority government without licking some EU party's ass.
>>
File: Capture.png (280KB, 620x633px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
280KB, 620x633px
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/09/theresa-may-reaches-deal-with-dup-to-form-government-after-shock-election-result-northern-ireland Saw this a minute ago, thoughts?
>>
>>129182421
>forced to work with DUP who are legit hardlinersHard brexit happens
That's a GREAT thing, EU is pure cancer. Besides they will continue to peddle shit on British market, you think they're going to let principle get in the way. The EU was built on corruption.
>>
>>129183420
>single market is open borders
So you know how Poland is currently at odds with the EU over immigration. We never had to worry about that. That is what the open borders thing is about dipshit
>>
>>129183790
That's why she's going to try a minority government, with the "support" of the DUP.

Relying on the DUP might not last long either; if the DUP & Sinn Fein can't form a government at Stormont AGAIN then there might be a 3rd NI election.
>>
>>129182421
>Hard brexit happens

Nope, they are pro EU
>>
>>129183615
So we have had the same style of government, same monarch, no revolutions, no radical dismantling of the government. Every other country in Europe has either come into being, or had a major revolution. Empires have come and gone and we stayed the same
>>
>>129184053
>DUP
DUP is a pro EU party They won't budge on Brexit. Labour is pro EU / Fucking up Brexit.
>>
>>129171111
May is just as pro Islam

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/688662/Theresa-May-Sharia-Law-inquiry-Prime-Minister-leader-conservative-party-downing-street
>>
>>129183615
The fundamental constitutional set up of the UK hasn't changed since the Act of Union when Scotland joined. Meanwhile, most of the rest of Europe and the western world underwent revolutions, dictatorships, being conquered and so on, the UK started the industrial revolution, gained and lost the largest empire in history, fought and won two world wars (arguably three including the French revolutionary wars), and yet the actual system of governing this sceptred isle is STILL the same as it was 300 years ago. There have been tweaks (devolution of powers to scotland, wales and northern ireland, electoral reforms and reforms of the House of Lords), but it's broadly the same system.
>>
>>129184214
>DUP is a pro EU party

That is the opposite of correct.
>>
>>129184193
>no radical
.. There will be plenty of that under the EU trust me, and the EU is in the process of dismantling All governments in Europe by trying to become some pathetic excise of the US, United European Union.
More immigration, less jobs, more outsourcing, less democracy and political representation, more taxes, the end of nationalism and patriotism, no respect for history or culture in Europe.
A powerful EU is basically the destruction of Europe.
>>
>>129184487
>That is the opposite of correct.
I know, I misread the post
>>
>>129184384
>May is just as pro Islam
Not as much as Corbyn, and all politicians in the EU is pro Islam if you hadn't noticed.
Right / Left is just a fake opposition of the same generalized EU narrative.
>>
Doesn't this mean May have to do a Hard Brexit unless she is to lose the remains of her supporters?
>>
>>129184894
I've spent 5 minutes trying to decipher this post. What?
>>
>>129169334
mad?
>>
>>129183585
And who do you think would take up the mantle
>>
>>129166997
Soft Brexit won't happen.
t Merkel
>>
>>129184487
Not really, it's mostly right. DUP doesnt want hard brexit. Get ready for referendum 2.
>>
>>129185878
>A Northern Ireland party are totally fucking mental and don't know what they want.

I'm shocked.
>>
File: borisjohnson0902a.jpg (219KB, 1968x1312px) Image search: [Google]
borisjohnson0902a.jpg
219KB, 1968x1312px
>>129166651
Ahem?
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.