[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Libertarians, what do you think of Trump's protectionism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1200px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png (119KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png
119KB, 1200x800px
Libertarians, what do you think of Trump's protectionism policies?
>>
File: Reason-logo.jpg (30KB, 800x296px) Image search: [Google]
Reason-logo.jpg
30KB, 800x296px
Its great. I turns out my libertarianism was shaped by globalist shill organizations like Reason and CATO. Liberty is just a meme they created.
>>
>>129157640
You can't have free trade between unequal countries. It's one thing for Canada and the US to have progressively lower trade barriers, it's another thing entirely for the US to open it's economy to offshoring in third world shitholes (Mexico).
>>
>>129157640
Economic Centrist here, they are shit because other countries will tariff us right back
>>
>>129157640
bad
>>
>>129158901
Oh no, now we actually have to provide for ourselves. The horror!
>>
>>129158901
Oh no! So you build up your wn manufacturing base to be independent... more free of the coercive global crony capitalism?

They are aboutto fart out UBI on top of EBT that all goes straight to where the mega corps build in shitty neighbourhoods.

I just don't...what is the point in your "anti-protectionism" it is allready all protected. The current form of economic focus is wasteful and broken, the supply chains are too long anyway. Can't just VR-distraction your way out of it either.

America needs to change its character.
>>
>>129158040
>Reason and CATO

Should've stuck with the Mises Institute and the Alliance of the Libertarian Left...
>>
>>129157640
libertarianism w/o inter-national protectionism is death
>>
I just voted for him to get vengeance for Ron Paul

We're crashing this planet with no survivors
>>
File: 1489060723327.gif (119KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1489060723327.gif
119KB, 128x128px
>>129157640
well realistically since we're not going full anarcho-capitalism by abolishing the state, this means we would need to adopt a more minarchist position -- and minarchism means only using the state for what's absolutely necessary only.

This may include protectionism, as long as other unnecessary active gov policies (i.e. welfare) are still scrapped and gov expansion gunned down. Overall net decrease in gov influence is the goal, and that means it CAN be done selectively

t. paleolibertarian
>>
>>129157640
Is he closing any over-seas military bases?
>>
>>129164019

You need to take an approach everyone can work with. Roderick Long focused on this problem in the 90's. He knew that minarchists and anarchists would have problems making something work, but his potential solution to the problem is a step in the right direction. Too bad ancaps are too busy sniffing Hoppe's ass to notice.

Initially, he introduced the idea of virtual cantons, which are explained in the link below.

http://www.freenation.org/a/f11l1.html>>129164019

More importantly, he describes how it's possible to have an outer sort of legitimacy of a state while having anarchy inside of it.

Likewise, he "imagineered" a constitution that tried to retain the best parts of anarchy and minarchy without too many concessions in either direction. The draft constitution and explanation can be found here:

http://www.freenation.org/a/f14l2.html

Other links
http://www.freenation.org/a/f22l2.html
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.